AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 22:57   Link #4741
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
@Samari -Drew is gonna sign...Like you and Bobbity are the only people who believe otherwise...But yeah looks like fata$$ is gonna get his pockets fat elsewhere...I hope he gets a fatman's heatstroke in that Tampa Sun if he becomes a traitorous bastard...

And get some Chase Daniel practice tape..he's like Drew Brees Jr. I'm not bull$hiting, just ask New England's videoguy...
I thought you would enjoy this hermit:

Nicks could be a Buccaneer soon.

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn’t waste much time celebrating their acquisition of prized wide receiver Vincent Jackson on Tuesday night.

They didn’t have time because they had to get to the airport to pick up New Orleans guard Carl Nicks. The Bucs are expected to go hard after Nicks, who did receive an offer from the Saints that he termed “respectable’’. But the fact that Nicks was willing to fly to Tampa late Tuesday night for a Wednesday visit at One Buccaneer Place is a pretty strong indication that Tampa Bay has given signs it may be willing to make Nicks the league’s highest-paid guard.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/pos...for-buccaneers

Funny how you bash your players once they don't want to be an AINT no more. I guess Porter and Meachem are assholes too hunh? Because they hit the gate running too. Stay classy bro.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 23:06   Link #4742
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Christ, Tampa got Jackson. Nicks might be the key to give Freeman some much needed protection.

Rams picked up CB Finnegan.
Old 2012-03-13, 23:08   Link #4743
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

It's because he's going to the Bucs that I'm gonna hate on his fata$$$...I've already come to grips with losing Meachem, he's replaceable by preseason MVP every year Adrian Arrington...I hope that meachem does well, and hopefully gets a chance to prove himself as long as he stays out of the South!!

Porter I'm 50/50 on...Hope we keep him, but he gambles far too much for my taste...Will always be loved here though, that's for sure...He's the one guy I could tolerate in the division cuz Drew is gonna light his a$$ up^^...
Old 2012-03-13, 23:08   Link #4744
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Christ, Tampa got Jackson. Nicks might be the key to give Freeman some much needed protection.

Rams picked up CB Finnegan.
Tracy Porter and Jason Jones might be Rams too soon. Jeff Fisher is trying to build a D in the midwest with the help of some of his old goons.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-13, 23:22   Link #4745
Samari
World's Greatest

Meachem is Charger.

Quote:
The San Diego Chargers have agreed to terms with Robert Meachem on a four-year deal. He will make $25.9 million over the next four years.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...robert-meachem

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-13, 23:49   Link #4746
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

49ers CB Rodgers resigned.

Texans LB Mario Williams is being implied to go to Buffalo. They certainly need him with their leaky defense.
Old 2012-03-14, 00:18   Link #4747
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
49ers CB Rodgers resigned.

Texans LB Mario Williams is being implied to go to Buffalo. They certainly need him with their leaky defense.
Mario Williams is leaving Buffalo to scheduled visits with other suitors.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-14, 01:11   Link #4748
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Honestly the sooner he leaves the better he is clearly about money and will be injured by week 6 next season anyway he was easily replaced by a rookie this season. And I wont take that back even if he does somehow resign eith Houston.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 01:41   Link #4749
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
Honestly the sooner he leaves the better he is clearly about money and will be injured by week 6 next season anyway he was easily replaced by a rookie this season. And I wont take that back even if he does somehow resign eith Houston.
I don't see how you can blame Mario Williams for that. What is wrong with testing the free agent market and getting the value you believe you deserve? If Williams was so important to the Texans, they would have sacrificed other players like Schaub and Johnson for him. You only get maybe two chances to have a blockbuster opportunity like this if you are a star player in the NFL. There is nothing bad about getting more coin. Especially in a business like the NFL.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-14, 02:11   Link #4750
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

One thing about Chicago is still bugging me. Don't they need an improvement in the OL since Cutler was getting hit a lot the last two years? Marshall being there will give Cutler better options, but wasn't the problem Cutler was reguarly having to wing it since the OL leaked defenders readily? I haven't read in any mock drafts from NFL experts that Chicago needed a new linesman.
Old 2012-03-14, 02:21   Link #4751
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
One thing about Chicago is still bugging me. Don't they need an improvement in the OL since Cutler was getting hit a lot the last two years? Marshall being there will give Cutler better options, but wasn't the problem Cutler was reguarly having to wing it since the OL leaked defenders readily? I haven't read in any mock drafts from NFL experts that Chicago needed a new linesman.
I think a lot of that had to do with the scheme they were running. Mike Martz was the maestro behind that offense and there are two things that always come with his approach: turnovers and sacks. Martz and the Bears ran a lot more than with the other teams he had been with (he historically had his offenses pass a ridiculous amount of times), but the sacks still mounted up due to a lot of the passing formations I believe. His turnover margin in his two seasons with Chicago wasn't so bad though.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-14, 09:11   Link #4752
Samari
World's Greatest

Carl Nicks is officially a Buccaneer.

Quote:
Tampa Bay reached agreement with former Saints guard Carl Nicks on a five-year, $47.5 million deal including $31 million guaranteed.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...29488094789632

Drew Brees sounds like he isn't going to sign his franchise tag tender either.

Quote:
The Saints have placed the exclusive franchise tag on Drew Brees, which means he’s not allowed to negotiate with any other team, and therefore his only leverage in negotiations is the threat that he simply won’t sign at all. And Brees sounds like he’s ready to use that leverage.

Brees said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that after signing the one-year franchise tender with the Chargers in the 2005 season, only to suffer a serious injury to his throwing shoulder at the end of that season, he’s in no mood to sign the one-year franchise tender again. Instead, Brees wants the Saints to commit to him for the long term.

“I’ve played under the franchise tag before, back in 2005, and that ended with 13 anchors in my right shoulder and a 25 percent chance of playing football again,” Brees said. “That didn’t work out too well for me. I’ve talked to the Saints about this many times. They definitely know my desire to have a long-term deal, and hopefully they want me to have that as well. We will continue discussions and hopefully get a long-term deal done.”

Brees is making the promotional rounds as part of an endorsement deal, but he sounded like he wasn’t particularly thrilled to be talking about his contract — and not particularly thrilled that his contract is still an issue after he and the Saints’ brass had said repeatedly during the season that they fully expected a deal to get done. Brees did, however, express some optimism.

“I’m still hoping that we can get something done sooner than later,” Brees said.

But if they don’t get something done, the Saints better not count on Brees reporting for the one-year franchise tender.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nchise-tender/

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-14, 20:25   Link #4753
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
What's hilarious is Marshall could be suspended before he even plays a down for the Bears.

Link

A little sad to see Jarrett Johnson go out West and Cory Redding sign with Indy. Their replacements are on the roster though.
Old 2012-03-15, 00:23   Link #4754
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Chad Henne and Laurent Robinson head to Jacksonville.

Peyton Hillis goes to Kansas City.

Soliai is signed by Miami.

Mario Williams is still in Buffalo, possible signing tomorrow.

Manning has met with Tennessee, supposedly ending his lookover trip.

Flynn meets with Seattle tomorrow.

DJax re-signs with Philadelphia, 5 years for $48.5M.

Megatron re-signs with Detroit, 8 year for $130M.
Old 2012-03-16, 08:25   Link #4755
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

$130 million over 8 years!?

Spoiler:
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 08:38   Link #4756
GDB

It's not really that much compared to some of these other contracts. Mario Williams got like $96 million over 5 years.

That said, I'd gladly take charity of even 0.01% of that in a heartbeat.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 12:25   Link #4757
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Lol, Carolina just signed the only Japanese guy in the NFL, Haruki Nakamura.

I don't really expect much from the Panthers this off-season (having only about 7 million in cap space this year after the spending spree last year); maybe some role-players and some special team stand-outs (like Haruki).
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 13:42   Link #4758
GDB

Give us back Haruki!

Well, at least I won't confuse him with Haloti Ngata anymore. Still, sadness.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 14:19   Link #4759
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers have emerged as candidate in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Apparently he had a workout with Harbaugh and company Tuesday.

Peyton Manning and Randy Moss? Oh hell yeah make this happen.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-16, 14:51   Link #4760
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*takes a look over in Dallas*

lost Bennet to the Gnats, Davis to Da Burrs and Robinson to the Jags

gaining...

Brandon Carr to replace Newman
Kyle Orton to replace Kitna
Makenzy Bernadeau, Lawrence Vickers to fill out the offense