AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-31, 01:53   Link #181
Zuul

Can I get my hope a bit up for a princess Tutu ending ??

What the deal about the warui onna. Please !!!
Old 2012-03-31, 02:06   Link #182
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Spoiler for Trans:
i see. So about Apollo and Kagura:

Spoiler for reincarnation:

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2012-03-31 at 02:26.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:27   Link #183
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
What the deal about the warui onna. Please !!!
I'm not sure I want to say it. I could already see the "Mikono is an angel" team gonna flare up, even if it's not as negative as any other possibility

Anyway, finally got better source, and so translating a little bit more~

- Kaji says that Amata and Kagura has a strong connection to each other.

(I'm unsure where the second part of the statement in polyphoni blog comes from... The other source had really different direct quote :v)

- Kagura will have massive & unpredictable development soon. Expect massive gap. (READ: How pre-and-after are so different--think of Jin.)

Also:
Quote:
EDIT: Adding one since it's the most interesting part of the comments:

- 後半は相関図が大幅に変わる。みんな自分のキャラが死ぬんじゃと怯えている

- For the latter half, the "correlation diagram" (that is, how the characters' relationship to each other) will be significantly changed. (unsure, anyone who is more sure of how to translate this, please do) Everyone will be scared that their character will die.
There is better (and seemingly more accurate) summarization for this:

- At the initial development of the relationship plannings, Jin and Yunoha was actually not planned to have any relationship. (as opposed to the puppy love they have in these episodes)

- Everyone (the seiyuus) are afraid that their characters might die now.

Taken from here

(Oh yeah, only the polyphoni blog actually mentions the back cover, so don't take that as an official statement for now It might be just some hopeful fan)

Ah well, I guess I could recheck this once I get my spoon. copy. If I didn't fangirl too much on the Kurahana-sensei poster that is!

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2012-03-31 at 02:50.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:25   Link #184
Zuul

Quote:
I'm not sure I want to say it. I could already see the "Mikono is an angel" team gonna flare up, even if it's not as negative as any other possibility

Anyway, finally got better source, and so translating a little bit more~

- Kaji says that Amata and Kagura has a strong connection to each other.

(I'm unsure where the second part of the statement in polyphoni blog comes from... The other source had really different direct quote :v)

- Kagura will have massive & unpredictable development soon. Expect massive gap. (READ: How pre-and-after are so different--think of Jin.)

Also:

There is better (and seemingly more accurate) summarization for this:

- At the initial development of the relationship plannings, Jin and Yunoha was actually not planned to have any relationship. (as opposed to the puppy love they have in these episodes)

- Everyone (the seiyuus) are afraid that their characters might die now.

Taken from here

(Oh yeah, only the polyphoni blog actually mentions the back cover, so don't take that as an official statement for now It might be just some hopeful fan)

Ah well, I guess I could recheck this once I get my spoon. copy. If I didn't fangirl too much on the Kurahana-sensei poster that is!
Just spoiler tag it. Pweeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase.

And I'm so happy about Kagura getting development.
Old 2012-03-31, 08:05   Link #185
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

I definitely hope that Kagura's "development" won't be limited to him adding a few more words to his repertory. We're already midway through it and all the characters have been pretty flat so far (there wasn't much besides "this one's a good guy, this one's not, those two are potential ship", etc), the only thing that is truly keeping the story together is stuff that happened 24 000 years ago (Fudo, don't keep it all for yourself). Oh, hoping for a new OP this week.
Old 2012-03-31, 09:45   Link #186
mayumi

mikono is warui onna, confirmed?
amata x zessica? bring it on! j/k
Old 2012-03-31, 10:17   Link #187
Vena
Carpe Diem

For the continued truce between all of us who fear warui onna, let's just forget that was ever mentioned again.

Quote:
Well I can see this going two different ways. As in he actually starts to act more like a person after interacting with Mikono (like Jin did), or he discovers paperbag girl (as but merely an example, insert random female here) and crushes all over her out of nowhere.

Spoiler for wtf for reading the rest:
Old 2012-03-31, 10:26   Link #188
Zuul

I've read a tranlation about the warui onna thing elsewhere and it didn't make a bit of sense to me. So I'm going to leave it as it is for the moment.

Apparently Kawamori checks the watchers reactions and plans the rest of the show accordingly to ensure maximum trolling. This man is scary.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:35   Link #189
miketyson

Thanks for posting these, crayven and Natsuki.

Zuul: the non-inflammatory "summary" is just that it basically seems to reinforce the earlier interpretation that Mikono might be someone whose personality inadvertently causes problems. I value the peace too highly to go any further than that.

Vena: of all the things in that interview this was the most WTF thing in there for me:
Spoiler for Article quote:

...I mean really, it almost sounds like Mikono started off as a lot closer to the Zessica we have now (by personality, at least). I wonder what *that* show would've been like? Come to think of it there's a suspicious lack of Zessica throughout this interview. Not sure what I make of that.

Natsuki: Kagura actually did that to-ra-ra-ra-ra thing in episode 1. It's pretty funny, I'd hate having to do that audition.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-03-31 at 10:47. Reason: to-ra-ra-ra-ra
Old 2012-03-31, 10:39   Link #190
mayumi

i think the whole warui onna seems to be some sort of gag amongst the VA's and writing staff.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-31, 11:11   Link #191
Zuul

Aren't you confusing kuso onna and warui onna ?

Apparently, according to some source, kuso onna was Mari's nickname and so they used it in the story.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:14   Link #192
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: of all the things in that interview this was the most WTF thing in there for me:
Spoiler for Article quote:

...I mean really, it almost sounds like Mikono started off as a lot closer to the Zessica we have now (by personality, at least). I wonder what *that* show would've been like? Come to think of it there's a suspicious lack of Zessica throughout this interview. Not sure what I make of that.
That's not quite Zessica either, though, it was more like they were building her to be a bit more like... a military otaku. Would have been a wholly different character, though, in a way also more similar to our three resident otaku: Jin (over Amata's mom and her movie), Amata (over his own mom and her movie), and Kagura (over smelling Mikono).

Suspicious lack of Zessica is suspicious.
But, just in case, let me prepare this for next episode, as this *gap* for Kagura does ring for concern:

Spoiler for Ready your armaments:
Old 2012-03-31, 11:29   Link #193
miketyson

Yeah, it's not a perfect fit. The connection for me was that Zessica seems like she's supposed to be the no-nonsense, gung-ho top cadet -- though even there, she's suspiciously missing the kinds of scenes that'd confirm that angle -- and when I posted the above I couldn't see how to square a military fascination with Mikono's being the timid, negative, low-self-esteem character we have now. Once you put it as otaku I saw how it was compatible (she'd be all fascinated by that stuff but only as a fan/admirer, and think she couldn't do it herself).

Or in detail:
Spoiler for Zessica redux:

Anyways, after Kagura's lion king moment this past week I'm dying to see what comes next. I know they actually *can* top that and can't wait to see how.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:41   Link #194
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Apparently Kawamori checks the watchers reactions and plans the rest of the show accordingly to ensure maximum trolling. This man is scary.
I'm not sure about Kawamori actually gauge viewer's reaction to change the script. The exact quote from Kaji was "... 監督に聞かされたけど今後変わるかもしれなっていわれた. "

Which means "I have heard from the director, but he told me he might change it later" <--- When saying that Amata and Kagura has a strong connection.

Which is why I purposely left the second line from Polyphoni blog (crayven's quote link), it sounds waaaaaaaaaaaay too fishy and tr0lly, to be honest Unless there is another quote that directly talks about it, I have to rescind from taking that literally

Quote:
Apparently, according to some source, kuso onna was Mari's nickname and so they used it in the story.
Not sure about it being her nickname, but yeah, Mari seems to put it in the scenario lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Come to think of it there's a suspicious lack of Zessica throughout this interview. Not sure what I make of that.

Natsuki: Kagura actually did that to-ra-ra-ra-ra thing in episode 1. It's pretty funny, I'd hate having to do that audition.
Oh, this interview was done in Supplement spoon magazine, which iirc takes different themes for every monthly publications. This month's theme is "Girls' Anime" (Or more precisely, what anime/mangas are appealing to girls this season and the upcoming one).

Thus, I won't be surprised if the interviewer tries to bombard the staffs with questions that appeals to women more, i.e the pretty boys situation. *coughMoroicommentsshoulddisappearpleasecough*

But like I said, until I can get my hands on the magazine (should be in... middle of April when my shipment from bk1 arrive), I am very critical of the summary except the direct quotes and more objective parts. People often mixed their expectation into the summary than to give a direct and objective paraphrasing, unfortunately. Not that I can talk like that. I sometimes slipped my expectation accidentally too when summarizing stuffs lol

Oh my, I didn't remember that! I guess too long not watching episode 1 can make my memory a crap, along with all the stuffs happening in RL... And seriously, you should have sympathy to Uchiyama Kouki, he is more of a really good guy. And he just happened to audition for the character with pottiest and roughest, yakuza-like choice of language in the show wwwwww

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2012-03-31 at 11:51.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:11   Link #195
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Those translations...

You lost me there, so I'm just going to stick with Kawamori being a huge troll, it makes me understand things easier.

That's pretty sad of me.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:12   Link #196
Zuul

When Kagura finally put his pawns on Mikono what will happen ?

Will he stupidely bring her back to Altea thus leading to comatose Mikono. Would it still serve Mykage's plans this way. How would kagura react.

Does Mykage instead has a plan to hide them somewhere on Vega ?
Old 2012-04-01, 12:51   Link #197
wisteria233

Quote:
When Kagura finally put his pawns on Mikono what will happen ?

Will he stupidely bring her back to Altea thus leading to comatose Mikono. Would it still serve Mykage's plans this way. How would kagura react.

Does Mykage instead has a plan to hide them somewhere on Vega ?
He'll stupidly take her back to Altair with him where she will die, or Mykage will make her the next Alicia that is stuck in suspended animation. They've pretty much told us this from episode 1 & 2, and also because Kagura hasn't quite gotten the obvious memo yet that he shouldn't trust Mykage.

But from the way that the series is developing the only way that Kagura will get his paws on Mikono is by force, because its becoming and less likely that she will leave with him on her own choice. Also I wouldn't expect something like that to happen until the last episodes, when the series its gearing towards its end. From then (if Kagura doesn't develop at all) I expect two reactions out of him either he will go insane blame the world and try to destroy it, while turing into a beast, or go insane while blaming Mykage only for Mykage to off him. In case 1 the final boss will be Kagura in case 2 it will be Mykage.

I doubt Mykage truly wants to help out Kagura, because he hates love remember?
Old 2012-04-01, 13:01   Link #198
Zuul

^^

There are strong suspicions it'll happen in episode 15. And I'm betting on it.

It happening only at the end would be a waste of good character development for Amata.

Mykage does ship MikonoxKagura because he needs this love for his goals. He hates all other pairings though.
Old 2012-04-01, 13:15   Link #199
Vena
Carpe Diem

Did I miss a line somewhere because I don't recall him stating he hates love? Mykage hates treachery and treacherous love.

And, to be fair, that's not beyond an understandable dislike/hatred. It's not like he was completely unjustified in killing Jin either even if his actions regarding the last son reek of petty vengeance. Jin's duty was a sacred one for his planet, and Mykage was proud of his success... but then (!) Jin betrays that duty and Mykage's expectations and come flying back to save his friends and close the portal (ie. the only way he had for returning to Altair and bringing the desperately needed Eve to restore their dying planet).

As it is, from Mykage's point of view, Jin betrayed his entire planet for a girl, and that pissed him off.
Old 2012-04-01, 13:25   Link #200
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Did I miss a line somewhere because I don't recall him stating he hates love? Mykage hates treachery and treacherous love.

And, to be fair, that's not beyond an understandable dislike/hatred. It's not like he was completely unjustified in killing Jin either even if his actions regarding the last son reek of petty vengeance. Jin's duty was a sacred one for his planet, and Mykage was proud of his success... but then (!) Jin betrays that duty and Mykage's expectations and come flying back to save his friends and close the portal (ie. the only way he had for returning to Altair and bringing the desperately needed Eve to restore their dying planet).

As it is, from Mykage's point of view, Jin betrayed his entire planet for a girl, and that pissed him off.
then how do you explain Donar and his girl? they didn't do anything to Mikage yet he took great pleasure in tearing them apart. Mikage hates love. It's basically a given right now that the ban on love is a countermeasure to Mikage and not a berserk Aquarion like was said.