AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-06, 18:40   Link #841
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
so fast nxt wk is fortress wear o.O
Yeah, I'm worried it's an indication that they're ending AGE prematurely, throwing out the wears so quickly like that.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 04:27   Link #842
atilim
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Yeah, I'm worried it's an indication that they're ending AGE prematurely, throwing out the wears so quickly like that.
Or it is their way to speed up the useless parts and focus on the more important aspects of the show.

Lets face it, waiting 2 or 3 episodes during a 15 eps arc and use it only once because you lack time has been a bad thing about Age.

Bring them out quickly and we can at least see them being used more then 2 different occasions.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 05:17   Link #843
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Or they're just taking the Strike Gundam approach of bringing out different equipment every ep?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:25   Link #844
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
I just can't wait for visidian gundam and vagan gundam . Would like to see what new tech they bring with them?
Old 2012-05-07, 05:51   Link #845
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Or they're just taking the Strike Gundam approach of bringing out different equipment every ep?
Kinda doubt it. I don't think we will see much of the Fortress wear once we head for the space/mars
Old 2012-05-07, 05:58   Link #846
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Maybe the first half would alternate between Normal and Fortress on Earth while the rest Orbital and Normal.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 07:01   Link #847
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
I just can't wait for visidian gundam and vagan gundam . Would like to see what new tech they bring with them?
The only thing we know about the vegan gundam as of now is the dual visor from the OP; it could anything from an ancient Gundam pre-Asuno, a Psyco sized tribute from ZZ or having a dragon mode (the veigan loves them) just like Escaflowne.

The visidian gundam new features has been discussed at length starting here -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...80#post4138780
Old 2012-05-07, 15:33   Link #848
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
You know, when the Blustia Cannon came, the capacitor screen suggested that it was already charged to a certain level. I wonder though, where did the rest of the energy came from? Did it come from the AGE-3? Because that seems quite likely the case, in contrast to say the "charge sequence" being for the purpose of releasing energy from the Blustia's storage capacitor into a "primary about to be released" capacitor in the Blustia or whatever.

Which brings me back to the currently perceived way for beam weapons for EFMS to work. Episode 3 decades ago seems to suggest/show that they ran on a capacitor system that can't be recharged by the suit itself (not necessarily definitive but heavily suggests so anyways). Is it possible that Episode 30 would suggest that the AGE-3's powerplants have become powerful enough to charge beam weapon's capacitor directly?

I know AGE hardly plays the limited ammo factor into its scenes or storyline; hell it only did it once. Considering the large amount of time passed, its likely that it might pass the problem (maybe even long prior to Gen 3; especially given how its HARDLY a problem) but I guess to me this might be the first actual sign/evidence we've seen in series that it's powerful enough, especially to charge such a large amount of beam energy in such a relatively short time. Maybe its more like in 00 now where the powerplant directly charges the capacitors/or directly linked with the weapons.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:41   Link #849
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
You know, when the Blustia Cannon came, the capacitor screen suggested that it was already charged to a certain level. I wonder though, where did the rest of the energy came from? Did it come from the AGE-3? Because that seems quite likely the case, in contrast to say the "charge sequence" being for the purpose of releasing energy from the Blustia's storage capacitor into a "primary about to be released" capacitor in the Blustia or whatever.
It probably came from the AGE Builder itself. Capacitors wouldn't be able to instantly charge the weapon to that kind of level (IIRC ~40-60%) that quickly, even if they dumped everything they had, and even if they could I doubt they would have been able to charge it up that much given how much time it took the AGE-3 to charge it once it was attached to the BFG to make the even bigger BFG. Kind of like how the DODS Rifle was already charged when it was first built.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:49   Link #850
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It probably came from the AGE Builder itself. Capacitors wouldn't be able to instantly charge the weapon to that kind of level (IIRC ~40-60%) that quickly, even if they dumped everything they had, and even if they could I doubt they would have been able to charge it up that much given how much time it took the AGE-3 to charge it once it was attached to the BFG to make the even bigger BFG. Kind of like how the DODS Rifle was already charged when it was first built.
When I said" the rest of the energy", I meant the energy that came after the initial 40%, not the energy that was already there in the capacitor. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question to lead to my point that the AGE-3 seems to directly played a role in the Blustia Cannon's charging in the scene. Of course, the initial charge that was already there when the AGE-3 grabbed the attachment very definitely from the AGE Builder like you said (don't really see where else it could have came from).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we might have seen our first direct evidence of a EFMS put direct beam energy charge into a weapon, which didnt seem to be possible fifty decades ago, at least not from that one example we had anyways.
Old 2012-05-07, 15:54   Link #851
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I figured that partial charge was the Sigmasis Rifle itself.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:05   Link #852
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
so fast nxt wk is fortress wear o.O
Well, since there was a leaked that mentioned a new alternate AGE-3 wear for the "final operation", I guess they better get going with the wear introductions and usage.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-05-07 at 17:24.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 17:10   Link #853
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
When I said" the rest of the energy", I meant the energy that came after the initial 40%, not the energy that was already there in the capacitor. I guess it was more of a rhetorical question to lead to my point that the AGE-3 seems to directly played a role in the Blustia Cannon's charging in the scene. Of course, the initial charge that was already there when the AGE-3 grabbed the attachment very definitely from the AGE Builder like you said (don't really see where else it could have came from)
Ah, my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I figured that partial charge was the Sigmasis Rifle itself.
Given the size and firepower of the Sigmasis Rifle, I wouldn't be surprised if it has an actual on-board generator in place of a capacitor. Kind of like how the Dominions' GN Bazooka has its own GN Drive. Given how Kio fired three shots in relatively quick succession, I can't see a capacitor or any other storage device having the kind of capacity needed to support that kind of firing rate with that kind of output.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:28   Link #854
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Given the size and firepower of the Sigmasis Rifle, I wouldn't be surprised if it has an actual on-board generator in place of a capacitor. Kind of like how the Dominions' GN Bazooka has its own GN Drive. Given how Kio fired three shots in relatively quick succession, I can't see a capacitor or any other storage device having the kind of capacity needed to support that kind of firing rate with that kind of output.
It would also depend on the output rate of a potential generators versus the capacitor capacity I think. In the 00 universe anyways, Large GN Condensers were more capable at given particles/power immediately than single GN Drives, because all of it was already there and was just stored whereas GN Drives create a stream at a certain set rate.

One case in point would be 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G. It was able to Trans-Am (albeit, for 0.03 seconds) with two Large GN Condensers, but can't do it at all with one Large GN Condenser and one GN Drive.

Still, the idea of independent powerplants is interesting. I recall the MG AGE-1 manual mentioned that the AGE-1's limbs each had their own power sources. Not sure whether it elaborated whether they were capacitors or generators though, "power source" can be used differently at times.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:35   Link #855
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
It would also depend on the output rate of a potential generators versus the capacitor capacity I think. In the 00 universe anyways, Large GN Condensers were more capable at given particles/power immediately than single GN Drives, because all of it was already there and was just stored whereas GN Drives create a stream at a certain set rate.
You also have to take into account the recharge of the capacitor/storage device itself. That's mostly what I meant when I was talking about the time between the Sigmasis' shots. Even miniaturized, I just can't see a capacitor supporting more than one shot of that caliber without a recharge period. Given how Kio kept begging the recharge to speed up compared to him just aiming and firing the regular Sigmasis that second time to destroy the Defurse, it doesn't seem like the Sigmasis needs to worry about a pause between shots.

For our intents and purposes, we haven't seen a limit to the Sigmasis' number of shots or even a charging requirement like the attachment had. I think if there were they would have shown us already. The show was pretty quick to establish a limit to the AGE-1's DODS Rifle; I think if the Sigmasis had that kind of limitation it would have been hinted at or shown already. That kind of firepower kind of warrants a limitation like that to be established almost immediately if it actually existed.
Old 2012-05-07, 17:49   Link #856
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
You also have to take into account the recharge of the capacitor/storage device itself. That's mostly what I meant when I was talking about the time between the Sigmasis' shots. Even miniaturized, I just can't see a capacitor supporting more than one shot of that caliber without a recharge period. Given how Kio kept begging the recharge to speed up compared to him just aiming and firing the regular Sigmasis that second time to destroy the Defurse, it doesn't seem like the Sigmasis needs to worry about a pause between shots.

For our intents and purposes, we haven't seen a limit to the Sigmasis' number of shots or even a charging requirement like the attachment had. I think if there were they would have shown us already. The show was pretty quick to establish a limit to the AGE-1's DODS Rifle; I think if the Sigmasis had that kind of limitation it would have been hinted at or shown already. That kind of firepower kind of warrants a limitation like that to be established almost immediately if it actually existed.
If there is a strong link between the weapon and the suit, the energy might also have come from the suit rather than just the weapon. In 00 (yeah I know, I keep referring to it a lot), most of the energy of the weapons also came from the suit, which wasn't just the main powerplant but also capacitors as well. Considering that that the suit is physically larger, there is potential that the powerplants and capacitors on the suits (or at least their total sum) are allowed to be larger and well and their larger size might translate to larger output/storage capacity. Linkage can be an important part to, so the beam output of the Sigmasis might possibly as a result of both a capacitor on the weapon as well as all the poweplants/capacitors on the suit being ready to provide a quick stream to continuously keep the energy ready for use by the weapon.

Of course, following 00 model for most suits (Which have a powerplant generation level not keeping up with usage), the capacitors do run out after awhile and must recharge from the powerplant, so if AGE-3 presumbly follows the same model of a 00 normal GN suit, the Sigmaxiss (and the capacitors in other places) is going to run low after a certain number of shots before it needs to wait to recharge again. The probability of this be guessed/measured by observing how extensive the Sigmaxiss is used in a certain period.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:19   Link #857
Sinzz
Orange

Maybe the energy came from the Sigmaxis's "shots"? kind of like a charged shot, where the trigger was held for the energy to be placed into the blustia attachment, and when enough energy was stored, Kio released the trigger and the burst came out.

Kind of like the split second when the diva had to shoot into the Photon Ring and it "charged" the shot up to full power. except for the fact that the photon ring charged itself up.
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 18:30   Link #858
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
If there is a strong link between the weapon and the suit, the energy might also have come from the suit rather than just the weapon. In 00 (yeah I know, I keep referring to it a lot), most of the energy of the weapons also came from the suit, which wasn't just the main powerplant but also capacitors as well. Considering that that the suit is physically larger, there is potential that the powerplants and capacitors on the suits (or at least their total sum) are allowed to be larger and well and their larger size might translate to larger output/storage capacity. Linkage can be an important part to, so the beam output of the Sigmasis might possibly as a result of both a capacitor on the weapon as well as all the poweplants/capacitors on the suit being ready to provide a quick stream to continuously keep the energy ready for use by the weapon.
The only problem there is it relies on an assumption that a constant stream of energy between the weapon and the AGE-3's power cores are enough to power the weapon on demand, in which case the Sigmasis has no need for a power source of any kind. If the output of the storage device is identical to the input, the storage device is an unnecessary step in the electricity grid. To illustrate:

AGE-3 -> 50 MW (for illustrative purposes only) -> Storage Device -> 50 MW -> Sigmasis blast.

If that is the case, why not just use:

AGE-3 -> 50 MW (again, for illustrative purposes only) -> Sigmasis blast.

It's a much more simple process and more in line with engineering principles (aka KISS), and we know from the photon cannon on the Diva that the actual weapon doesn't take up very much space. It's reasonable to assume the weapon in the Sigmasis doesn't take up all that space in the weapon's structure.

Quote:
Of course, following 00 model for most suits (Which have a powerplant generation level not keeping up with usage), the capacitors do run out after awhile and must recharge from the powerplant, so if AGE-3 presumbly follows the same model of a 00 normal GN suit, the Sigmaxiss (and the capacitors in other places) is going to run low after a certain number of shots before it needs to wait to recharge again. The probability of this be guessed/measured by observing how extensive the Sigmaxiss is used in a certain period.
The 00 model has a rather crippling weakness in that it was reliant on the generation, storage, and transfer of GN Particles. Fuel, in other words. 00 suits made their own fuel that the suit and in turn the weapons used, and the GN Condensers served as fuel tanks that the GN Drive kept at optimum levels. Here, the only fuel we're talking about is electricity, and barring a WET, the AGE-3's hand plugs are the only way to get electricity from the suit to the Sigmasis. And if the output is the same as the input, that's a lot of electricity flowing through the hands.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:22   Link #859
PzIVf3

Im gonna miss this special-add on weapon.
Spoiler for Blustia Cannon:

Spoiler for Fortress:

Now how will he able use the beam saber while those long guns barrel attached to the arms?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 19:49   Link #860
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
The 00 model has a rather crippling weakness in that it was reliant on the generation, storage, and transfer of GN Particles. Fuel, in other words. 00 suits made their own fuel that the suit and in turn the weapons used, and the GN Condensers served as fuel tanks that the GN Drive kept at optimum levels. Here, the only fuel we're talking about is electricity, and barring a WET, the AGE-3's hand plugs are the only way to get electricity from the suit to the Sigmasis. And if the output is the same as the input, that's a lot of electricity flowing through the hands.
Well, in the specific case of the Sigmaxiss, you also have a relatively large area that connects the surface of the arm shield to the weapon that potentially could also be used to transfer the energy. That's a significantly large connection point relative to the hands and could be used to assist power transfer; barring resorting the 00 model use of direct hand transfer for large amounts of energy (which they use all the time).

Also, I'm personally not of the opinion that the only energy form in question is just electricity. Not really relying on much (and I dont treat it as a fact, just personal speculation/theory) since we have little info on specific ammunition type used, but I always assumed at this point that there was a beam particle of sorts that's already stored in the gun capacitor for the other weapons and that these particles are literally the ammunition for the beam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Im gonna miss this special-add on weapon.
Spoiler for Blustia Cannon:

Spoiler for Fortress:

Now how will he able use the beam saber while those long guns barrel attached to the arms?
Hands will come out of the cannons while holding the beam sabers.

Or, they just could have a boring beam saber mode.