AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-12, 03:00   Link #41
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

It took me about two minutes to get over the drama and be totally captivated by Seki Tomokazu and Kawasumi Ayako. Talk about note-perfect. To paraphrase MrProphet, it is a NodameChiaki concerto. Must give the director and/or sound director credit for some of that, too. A lovely pattern of sound.

Director: Kasai Kenichi カサヰ ケンイチ(Honey & Clover, Major).
Sound Director: Aketagawa Jin 明田川仁 (Noein, Ichigo Mashimaro, Genshiken, Honey & Clover, Kujibiki Unbalance, Uta~Kata, Witchblade, Shana, Kashimashi, etc.)

I read a bit of the manga and saw the whole drama, and I enjoyed the drama so much that the differences at first worried me. But as much as I loved the drama leads, this seems just a little more precise. Chiaki doesn't feel so high-handed, and Nodame doesn't feel so out of it. It is interesting to start to see the very different strengths that anime has, compared to drama. For one thing, the simpler image can focus your attention much more easily. For another, the violent parts of the humor are less disturbing.

By the way, I thought Nabatame Hitomi as the ex-girlfriend was wonderful, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:57   Link #42
froinlaven
Wanchu!

I'm really happy with the way this anime turned out. Of course, it might help that I'm kind of a band nerd, but the story seems really interesting. Nodame is totally cute in that weird girl kinda way.

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 00:20   Link #43
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I think this is clearly turning out to be a very good series in my humble opinion, and one that i will keenly look upon. With randomc and memento blogging on it, i will just leave the blogging to them while I will watch and laugh happily at the antics.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 04:48   Link #44
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Having watched the first episode twice now (translated the second time, which helped enjoyment a good deal =p) I'm most definitely going to like this show. For a story I had never heard of until a few days ago (clearly not having read the manga or seen the live action) it's a nice surprise.

Seems to be quite well balanced between a good solid story, and humour, with a hint of romance. Quite excellent.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 17:20   Link #45
mangafanatic

Is anyone fansubbing this anime yet? I really want to see it!
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 17:34   Link #46
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

I have watched all the episode of the drama which was really amazing. I am now reading the manga and looking forward to the anime! I hope a fansub group will pick this up!

my favorite part of the drama (if you watched the whole thing)
Spoiler:
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 18:47   Link #47
flou
That's no lady

@piccahoe
Spoiler:
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 20:18   Link #48
jiru-kun
nai mono wa nai

I was considering to sub this in english too, if nobody else is going to do it.
jiru-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 00:43   Link #49
piccahoe
Pain & Determination

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
@piccahoe
Spoiler:
arigato for confirming that!

Quote:
I was considering to sub this in english too, if nobody else is going to do it.
onigaishimasu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
piccahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:16   Link #50
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Whee~ Episode one was so good! I really liked the part where...

Spoiler:
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:22   Link #51
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySoul View Post
Whee~ Episode one was so good! I really liked the part where...

Spoiler:
Indeed.

Spoiler:

This is such an excellent show.
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:32   Link #52
kauldron26
Med Student

i guess i'll check this out... since NHK is over, im yearning for a new slice of life drama.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:33   Link #53
tritoch

Uhm. The jokes were turned off for the anime version which I think gives this version the thumbs up to go into the drama part of things without the viewers getting burned by the lack of comedy.

Op and Ed were both good and totally gave me Honey and Clover vibes. The sound director really did a heck of job distinguishing the piano styles between Chiaki and Nodame. You could hear the notes desynch when they did the two piano the first time.

I couldn't really put a finger to Seki Tomokazu's voice, I was hoping Ueda Yuji would do Chiaki as that would really fit imho.

Err.. Sound Production: Rie Tanaka... Like woah!?

Last edited by tritoch; 2007-01-14 at 06:45.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 06:36   Link #54
kari-no-sugata

I watched ep 1 without really knowing anything about it beforehand. I'm glad I did - so far, this is the best of the new anime series.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:07   Link #55
Lunacy

I just re-read my Nodame volume 1 manga just for the hell of it and I noticed quite a few very minor comedy parts were taken out just from the first 3 chapters alone:
Spoiler for First 3 chapters of manga - very minor:
there are a few more I can't remember at this moment. These parts were probably taken out because they want the anime to have more of a drama feel over comedy, on the otherhand, I personally think the manga has a pretty even amount of both. Ah, it doesn't really matter... Kasai Kenichi did a wonderful job picking out only what is truly important from the manga for Hachikuro, so I'll trust him with Nodame.

Last edited by Lunacy; 2007-01-14 at 08:30.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:26   Link #56
cipotlar

I agree with some of the posters here, several scenes have been omitted in anime version. However, I do want to see how these scenes got animated :

- When Nodame explained to Chiaki that bathing is once a day, shampooing is once per 3 or 4 days
- When Tanioka sensei explain why he had chosen Mozart's piano sonata for 2 pianos for Chiaki to practise.

That being said, kudos for J.C. staff for brilliant animation and the sound is very good. I'm a bit disappointed when knowing that they don't use any classical music pieces in OP and ED. The OP and ED themselves are quite good, esp. the ED, when it started playing before the ending credit - H&C anyone? , and the first couple of notes of EDs resembled some melodies of Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 - 1st movement (at least in my ear).

Overall, good start for a very good series.
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 08:34   Link #57
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I watched ep 1 without really knowing anything about it beforehand. I'm glad I did - so far, this is the best of the new anime series.
I agree. I had no expectations and thought it was fantastic. Loved the music of-course and Nodame's odd little asides and mutterings, especially that 'gyabo'. I can't say I like Chiaki that much, he comes across as a bit unlikeable, but I guess that's the idea.

According to ASS (regarding the first episode):

Quote:
According to series production elements, the airing has logged the all time highest audience rating for a late night TV anime, netting a 5.4% share...
Wow.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 09:10   Link #58
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

At last SOMETHING's worth watching this season.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 09:35   Link #59
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Gyabo~!

I watched the live-action drama in the space of a month (last month, to be precise), and I was totally hooked on it. And the fact that the anime series is directed by the director of Honey and Clover and that it's on Noitamina... *__*

Even wao is interested in watching it, which is surprising. It's also very much appealing to me because of its focus on classical music and performances. *liked seeing how Nodame's fingers move in the live-action version*

I hope the torrent will finish soon, though... It's positively crawling.
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 10:15   Link #60
~Slam~

This is a GREAT first episode ! There are great music and there is funny !

Spoiler:
~Slam~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance