AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-22, 11:49   Link #241
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

I just started and gone 1/2 through,i havent voted yet FYI.Well the starting 2 ep I enjoyed alot but after that everything was just talking and lots of "black frame" thing which i dont understand whats that for.

Any1 can explain that??

and also does this series have a story,i'm at ep 6 now and still clueless whats this series about.
Old 2011-03-22, 12:11   Link #242
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
I just started and gone 1/2 through,i havent voted yet FYI.Well the starting 2 ep I enjoyed alot but after that everything was just talking and lots of "black frame" thing which i dont understand whats that for.

Any1 can explain that??

and also does this series have a story,i'm at ep 6 now and still clueless whats this series about.
Are you watching the Blu-ray version or the Tv version because the Tv version has a lot more black frames. Anyways the story is pretty much talk-centric and the frames are used to "cut" the still frames so that it doesn't seem like the characters are just standing in the same place talking for 30 minutes which is what is actually happening.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 00:37   Link #243
AutumnLeaf

At episode 6, what did Koyomi mean when he said "And I've already caught the toughest character"? (IIRC) It was the scene when Hachikuji asks him about his love life and he said that he doesn't like the trend of explaining it, followed by that line.
AutumnLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 04:16   Link #244
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLeaf View Post
At episode 6, what did Koyomi mean when he said "And I've already caught the toughest character"? (IIRC) It was the scene when Hachikuji asks him about his love life and he said that he doesn't like the trend of explaining it, followed by that line.
He's referring to Hitagi because since High School she hadn't made friends with anyone or even talked to most people in addition to be tsundere and somewhat of sport idol during Middle School. Thus would be deemed the toughest by him to earn her love . And not sure exactly why he didn't want to explain to Hachikuji.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 09:36   Link #245
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Since I'm too lazy to backread and not quite sure if it was already asked but I'll ask it anyway.

Prequel: Nekomonogatari (Tsukasa), Kizumonogatari (Shinobu)
Main: Bakemonogatari
Sequel: Nisemonogatari(Sisters of Araragi)
Side story: Kabukimonogatari(Hachikuji), Hanamonogatari(Kanbaru), Otorimonogatari(Sengoku)

Is this the order of the monogatari series?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 10:37   Link #246
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Is this the order of the monogatari series?
Prequels:
Kizumonogatari (Koyomi Vamp)
Nekomonogatari Kuro (Tsubasa Family),

The novels that started all:
Bakemonogatari 1&2(you already know the name of the stories )

Sequels:
Nisemonogatari 1 (Karen Bee)
Nisemonogatari 2 (Tsukihi Phoenix)

"Second season" of novels, chronologically placed after Nisemonogatari:
Kabukimonogatari(Mayoi Jiang Shi)
Nekomonogatari Shiro (Tsubasa Tiger) + Onimonogatari (Shinobu Time)
Otorimonogatari(Nadeko Medusa)
Hanamonogatari(Suruga Devil)
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 10:43   Link #247
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
He's referring to Hitagi because since High School she hadn't made friends with anyone or even talked to most people in addition to be tsundere and somewhat of sport idol during Middle School. Thus would be deemed the toughest by him to earn her love . And not sure exactly why he didn't want to explain to Hachikuji.
The funny part is that he still wasn't aware that he was actually the one who got captured.
Old 2011-10-05, 11:38   Link #248
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Prequels:
Kizumonogatari (Koyomi Vamp)
Nekomonogatari Kuro (Tsubasa Family),

The novels that started all:
Bakemonogatari 1&2(you already know the name of the stories )

Sequels:
Nisemonogatari 1 (Karen Bee)
Nisemonogatari 2 (Tsukihi Phoenix)

"Second season" of novels, chronologically placed after Nisemonogatari:
Kabukimonogatari(Mayoi Jiang Shi)
Nekomonogatari Shiro (Tsubasa Tiger) + Onimonogatari (Shinobu Time)
Otorimonogatari(Nadeko Medusa)
Hanamonogatari(Suruga Devil)
Ok. Clarification. Hitagi and Araragi end up together based on anime(?). Are they still together(dating) in Nisemonogatari?

Isn't this "second season" the side story of Bakemonogatari like I said in my previous post?
Old 2011-10-05, 11:54   Link #249
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Ok. Clarification. Hitagi and Araragi end up together based on anime(?). Are they still together(dating) in Nisemonogatari?

Isn't this "second season" the side story of Bakemonogatari like I said in my previous post?
They are together as for the climax of Otori hence Nise too. There is nothing "side" about the second season. It's a full on sequel, I have no idea where you got the idea that it was a side story.
Old 2011-10-05, 13:04   Link #250
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Well, it was written in MAL that all of those were side story. Since you said that it was a sequel then it would be

1. Kizumonogatari
2. Nekomonogatari Kuro
3. Bakemonogatari 1&2
4. Nisemonogatari 1&2
5. Kabukimonogatari
6. Nekomonogatari Shiro + Onimonogatari
7. Otorimonogatari

in order and all of them are connected to each other? Then they are still together till the end of Otorimonogatari?
Old 2011-10-05, 13:37   Link #251
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Well, it was written in MAL that all of those were side story. Since you said that it was a sequel then it would be

1. Kizumonogatari
2. Nekomonogatari Kuro
3. Bakemonogatari 1&2
4. Nisemonogatari 1&2
5. Kabukimonogatari
6. Nekomonogatari Shiro + Onimonogatari
7. Otorimonogatari

in order and all of them are connected to each other? Then they are still together till the end of Otorimonogatari?
Don't forget Hana that comes after Otori. Koi supposedly fits inbetween Otori and Hana.
Old 2011-10-05, 14:19   Link #252
Shikijin

Quote:
Then they are still together till the end of Otorimonogatari?
If that's your worry, then rest at ease. There is no sign of Araragi and Hitagi ever breaking up so far.

As for the novels, essentially so far there has been two cycles of novels (which apparently Nisio called "seasons", a kind of joke).

In the first cycle, lasting till Nekomonogatari Kuro, the feature was that in the first part of each story the female protagonist of the previous story showed up. For example there is Senjougahara in Mayoi Snail, Hachikuji in Suruga Monkey, Kanbaru in Nadeko Snake and so on.

The second cycle, started with Nekomonogatari Shiro, has as a common feature a cryptic foreshadowing about an unknown event which has yet to be portrayed.

All in all, there is no real overarching plot. Each novel describes some kind of crisis happened mostly during Araragi's third school year's holidays, which is solved within the same book. In a way, it's not totally wrong to call the latest novels side stories, although it doesn't feel totally right either.
Old 2011-10-05, 15:58   Link #253
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
If that's your worry, then rest at ease. There is no sign of Araragi and Hitagi ever breaking up so far.

As for the novels, essentially so far there has been two cycles of novels (which apparently Nisio called "seasons", a kind of joke).

In the first cycle, lasting till Nekomonogatari Kuro, the feature was that in the first part of each story the female protagonist of the previous story showed up. For example there is Senjougahara in Mayoi Snail, Hachikuji in Suruga Monkey, Kanbaru in Nadeko Snake and so on.

The second cycle, started with Nekomonogatari Shiro, has as a common feature a cryptic foreshadowing about an unknown event which has yet to be portrayed.

All in all, there is no real overarching plot. Each novel describes some kind of crisis happened mostly during Araragi's third school year's holidays, which is solved within the same book. In a way, it's not totally wrong to call the latest novels side stories, although it doesn't feel totally right either.
Actually I like the think the second season's role is more or less concluding the female characters' development.
Spoiler for novel spoilers:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-10-05 at 17:08.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:20   Link #254
zato_1one

@omimon
That's a big spoiler. You should use spoiler tag or delete it or else you may get infraction from the mod.
Old 2011-11-01, 12:52   Link #255
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wait, which -gataris exist as anime? (Aside from Bakemonogatari)
Old 2011-11-01, 13:54   Link #256
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Wait, which -gataris exist as anime? (Aside from Bakemonogatari)
Nisemonogatari and Kizumonogatari both have anime adaptations coming.
Old 2011-11-27, 19:21   Link #257
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Just finished the anime and had some questions. In the novel was it ever explained what happened during spring break. Also about Araragi and Shinobu's relationship. Also any back story about Oshino?
Old 2011-11-28, 01:31   Link #258
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Just finished the anime and had some questions. In the novel was it ever explained what happened during spring break. Also about Araragi and Shinobu's relationship. Also any back story about Oshino?
Yes to all of those questions.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 03:06   Link #259
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
It all happened in a prequel book called Kizumonogatari, whose movie adaptation is coming out next year. As for Oshino's backstory, there is not much about it, but you will see it in Nisemonogatari, coming next January.
Old 2011-11-28, 16:32   Link #260
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

thanks for the responses

Tags
q&a