Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-06, 14:32   Link #21
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFDrummer430
Ok, cool chapter and all, but when did sasuke find the time to learn how to walk on water?
Um...Genius?

And I expect both Naruto & Sasuke to be missing an arm next week for this chapter was just stupid.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:34   Link #22
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Spoiler:
It may be that Sasuke wants to 'prove his worth' by overpowering Naruto's best Jutsu. Now that he's in level 2 this may be Sasukes way of "putting Naruto back in his place." Therefore Sasuke would go directly into the attack, as Naruto would do, and overpower him.

Needless to say, the next chapter will finally put to rest all of those Chidori vs Rasengan threads... The way this chapter is going, it looks like Chidori is about to beat Rasengan, which would dissapoint me greatly. Hopefully we'll get a tie out of it or something. I don't see the Chidori 'cutting' through Rasengan.. Rasengan should be able to 'blow' sasuke away by the 'wind' if nothing else... Guess we'll find out NEXT WEEK (UGH)
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:40   Link #23
Gai-Kakashi

I highly doubt the fight will end next issue. This is one of the most hyped Naruto fights ever, it will continue for at least the next two weeks.

The Rasengan will blow the Chidori away easily. It's an ultra A rank Ninjutsu, the Chidori is not in that same class I believe. It's just a chakra blade. The Rasengan is far more complex and intricate. Just observe the effects on those poor Konoha water tanks.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:48   Link #24
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi
I highly doubt the fight will end next issue. This is one of the most hyped Naruto fights ever, it will continue for at least the next two weeks.

The Rasengan will blow the Chidori away easily. It's an ultra A rank Ninjutsu, the Chidori is not in that same class I believe. It's just a chakra blade. The Rasengan is far more complex and intricate. Just observe the effects on those poor Konoha water tanks.
Depends. You can vary the power of the blow.

Plus just because the Rasengan's a more difficult jutsu to do doesn't mean it doesn't have specific weaknesses. A round ball is exceptionally vulenerable to a sharp pin. Same principle. The Rasengan's designed to damage a large surface area. So what if Sasuke's Chidori pierces it, it may just lose containment and fizzle out while Sasuke keeps going.

Alternately, Sasuke may just still seriously want to know if his strongest move beats Naruto's strongest move with his new curse powers. He wasn't feeling too hapy when Naruto blew up the water tower (who pays for that stuff anyway?) and he just pierced through it. So if he's gotten stronger than Naruto now...he's going to be pretty sure the Curse seal was the right way to go.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:51   Link #25
Tautou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Tautou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:56   Link #26
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
I havnt seen the chapte ryet, but Sasuke isnt even in Curse or Curse 2 mode is he? Isn't he normal sasuke vs Normal Naruto? im sure this will eventually escalate to Curse Seal 2 vs Kyuubi for a serious showdown, unless it gets broken up by oro/kabuto/itachi/someone etc.

It would be a logical climax to the fight.. Im starting to agree with people that Kishimoto is running out of material.. This arc is lasting WAAAAY to long and, despite all of the 'great' action, is beginning to resemble a DBZesque 'dragging'.. Im sure you can understand what Im saying. Story just isn't flowing for me the way it used to be.. Too much time is being spent on the past (yes, character development is great, but they could have summarized the 5 chapters of Sasuke Flashbacks into ONE chapter, without a problem.) MAYBE 2 if they wanted extra detail about Itachi and his Mangekyou...

Blah... and now we have to wait another week to see this fight continue... this is the first time im NOT excited for next weeks Manga.. At least I have the 1 hour Anime Special to look forward too.. Hopefully they won't let the sucky animators have it =/
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:57   Link #27
CapoV

I tend to agree with OhSomeRandomGuy. I think that the Chidori is like a pin while the Rasengan is like a balloon filled with tons of chakra. The Chidori will probably just pop the layer containing the "small typhoon" and both Naruto and Sasuke will get blown away with not too much damage done to each other.
CapoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:57   Link #28
yinstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Depends. You can vary the power of the blow.

Plus just because the Rasengan's a more difficult jutsu to do doesn't mean it doesn't have specific weaknesses. A round ball is exceptionally vulenerable to a sharp pin. Same principle. The Rasengan's designed to damage a large surface area. So what if Sasuke's Chidori pierces it, it may just lose containment and fizzle out while Sasuke keeps going.

Alternately, Sasuke may just still seriously want to know if his strongest move beats Naruto's strongest move with his new curse powers. He wasn't feeling too hapy when Naruto blew up the water tower (who pays for that stuff anyway?) and he just pierced through it. So if he's gotten stronger than Naruto now...he's going to be pretty sure the Curse seal was the right way to go.
well i dont think that was a cursed seal attack, otherthing is rasengan may or may not be higher level, but level of attack doesnt say which will win. it depends on what the jutsu does. my guess is chidori will cut through a rasengan, but i dont think rasengens best use is as naruto used it, one key difference is you can still move and change direction while your rasengan is out. or change your target with a move of the wrist. and yeah this fight should go on AT LEAST 2 more issues, if not 3 they havent even done much so far
really i think expecting a short fight for such a highly anticipated fight, in a manga especially isnt really realistic, manga doesnt have that many panels per page, and tends to like to go into animation like detail of a fight. while id love to be able to read 5-10 chapters in a row, i think it be a mistake to edit this fight. amd for real i just looked back the neiji fight lasted like from 193-198 i doubt this fight will be less than 4 issues

Last edited by yinstro; 2004-08-06 at 15:08.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:58   Link #29
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I wonder how they can still stand of the water given that the shock of the encounter of their attack repels all the water around
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 14:59   Link #30
|Dragon|

uhh nice chapter after those boring flasback chapters ^_^
My guess is that sasuke will be blown away by the rasengan, and then he will turn into cursed seal lvl2 and then... ?
|Dragon| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:16   Link #31
KingofWac

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Dragon|
uhh nice chapter after those boring flasback chapters ^_^
My guess is that sasuke will be blown away by the rasengan, and then he will turn into cursed seal lvl2 and then... ?

Bump to the above poster, exactly what I was going to type. There is no way in hell chidori will match the rasengan. Next chapter Sasuke will get blown away, obviously get really pissed and start using the seals. Eventually Naruto will go Kyuubi mode and rape the hell out of him. If you think Chidori is going to hit Naruto ur dead wrong, cuz he ain't gonna die.
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:19   Link #32
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofWac
Bump to the above poster, exactly what I was going to type. There is no way in hell chidori will match the rasengan. Next chapter Sasuke will get blown away, obviously get really pissed and start using the seals. Eventually Naruto will go Kyuubi mode and rape the hell out of him. If you think Chidori is going to hit Naruto ur dead wrong, cuz he ain't gonna die.
I don't remember a hit to the hand killing anyone.

This isn't Street Fighter, where you have a health bar and when someone jabs you in the foot you fly backwards and go unconscious. If the Chidori connects, Naruto gets wounded in the hand...not in the chest, not in the face. It'd be kind of like when Sasuke hit Gaara with it.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:19   Link #33
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Finally saw the chapter. OH SH**!!!! For the umpteenth time, I am no Sasuke fan, but the way he stole that kunai out of Naruto's side bag was nice. Originally I thought that Naruto could perform the Rasengen(?) without the use of a clone. I just though he did that for quick execution. So, can Naruto not do this attack without a clone? Although it doesn't matter about style in a fight, that didn't look really "stylish" or whatever compared to the Sasuke/kunai thing. Anyway, the way they focused on the kunai while it was in the water makes me think it may have a purpose next week. Anyway, great chapter. The Sasuke/kunai thing did it for me this week.

EDIT: With them going full throttle like this, this is going to be good next week, possibly the end of the fight. Naruto looks outclassed.

Quote:
Gaara got hit with it and Gaara is still alive. Like I said, Naruto looks outclassed in this fight. LOL This is like the infamous Unstoppable Juggernaut vs the Immovable Blob debate back in the good ole' Marvel comics days. Anyway, the blow may be so humungous that they cause a rip in the universe...jk but this was some good sh**!

Last edited by tramadrama; 2004-08-06 at 15:30.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:22   Link #34
yinstro

Quote:
ah but
Spoiler:
so maybe him losing wouldnt kill him.
Old 2004-08-06, 15:28   Link #35
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Spoiler:
I guess it's some sort of fanservice. Everyone wants to know what happens when Chidori and Rasengan collide. Though it's really early ... Sasuke didn't even use his Curse Seal. I thought the collision would be the end of the fight, but apparantly, both will be able to fight afterwards.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:30   Link #36
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
EDIT: With them going full throttle like this, this is going to be good next week, possibly the end of the fight. Naruto looks outclassed.
Hell yeah he's outclassed. He's always been outclassed in his fights though, doesn't stop the dirty cheater from winning.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:31   Link #37
UserName

Damn... *thinks of the sound 4 fight* yes this will be dragged on. Regular -> Level 1 -> Level 2. I admit the outcome isn't so obvious as almost everysingle Naruto fight. But I don't care if it will be dragged off.

The Rasengan should blow Sasuke away. Then he will power up to Level 1 or something as someoen already said. But wasn't Naruto able to make that Rasengan without clones against that Sound Nin earlier?
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:34   Link #38
yinstro

actually i just looked again and though
Spoiler:
if you look carefully at last page
Spoiler:

I predict a skulky angry sasuke going to use his seal next fight, after being bested unaided by the seal

oh yeah and naruto can make it wo the clones, but maybe not as fast also what he did couldnt be done if he did it normaly, and who knows what other benefits he has
Old 2004-08-06, 15:38   Link #39
_Riku_

I think that both will be blown away... why only Sasuke ???just look at the water

anyway.... Sasuke should've gone into lvl2 and just kill him before he says..." I won't takeback my words...that is my way as a ninja..." every time he says that...he wins =/
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:40   Link #40
Last of the Uchiha

I don't know why people are bitching about this arc and the Uchiha flashback for being too long. Are I'm the only one who thinks this arc is the best one yet? I mean come on, since when do we have a team formed by genins lead by Shikamaru, and have the other genin do what they do best. Isn't what the chuninn Tournament suppose to be about, leadership and power. In how a team leader suppose to lead his team to victory without sacrificing your companion in the process. This is where Shikamaru had to put his strategies into real battle, and make sure the casualties are low. Well, his strategies were great at the begining of the battle as a team leader. He kept the team together and managed to keep alive, but it went downhill from there on. Hasn't Shikamaru heard "divided we fall and unitied we shall previal." I know that they had to give the mission a priority rather than a companion but that goes against what Kakakshi taught Team 7. "if you don't follow orders, then you are trash, but if you don't care about your companion, then you are lower than trash." Shikamaru will learn his lesson, since two of the shinobis he was responsible for, may have died(i hope not) are extremely injured(hope so) in his command.

Also, what this shit about the Uchiha flashback taking to long. Wasn't the Uchiha clan massacre a mistery from the very begining. We learned a lot from those chapters. Why Sasuke is arrogant, more about the other Uchihas members, the initiation for being considered an adult Uchiha(having the fan symbol on their backs), the real look of the M.S., the scroll of the Uchiha clan, to the third Uchiha with the M.S., to what must be done in order to obtain the Mangekyou Sharingan. Especially the moment when they decide to show us the flashback. You people are bitchinfg a lot, you must have more confident on Kishimoto-san, because he knows what he is doing. I bet when they decides to show us the Naruto flashbacks that will last from 5 to 7 chapters you won't complain about how long that flashback took. You have to understand that Sasuke is as important as Naruto.

Well, next chapter will show us what will happen when two deadly moves collides head on, and finally put to rest the rasengan and chidori debate.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote