AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-25, 22:54   Link #1
kboykb

Enma's Power!

lol one more thread for the day - I just had some thoughts on my mind last night.

What are the boundaries of Enma's power? He's one of the "boss"es.. so in rank he's up there with gama, katsuyu, and manda.. but in power. . . . he seems to me to be on par with .. either the sannins or a high end jounin (since he did lay the smack down on the 2 kages with one punch each) - -

Also - during the flashback scene, after Oro did his jutsu, the two ANBU members were dead (?) - and Enma was on the ground while Sarutobi, the Hokage.. was still standing - that's why I say power wise I think he's up there with the sannins or high end jounin..

But of course we all know his transform, he works very well with Sarutobi.. just like Gama *worked* very well with Jiraiya during the Manda fight. Also Tsunade and Katsuyu seem to have a nice understanding of eachother... . . so, back to the question -

What are the boundaries of Enma's power? I'm not even sure if you can compare summons to shinobi.. . . they're just.. different.*
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 23:07   Link #2
Coder8
CommanderBunBun

He is above a sannin i think. Just like bunta is,but their power and strength is on a different level and deminsion then a ninja.
Coder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 23:33   Link #3
DragonMaster

actually theres a chinese story of the monkey king tat looks exactly like enma also he has a weapon jus like when enma transfomed into.

if your chinese the movie is called "Journey to the West" its very popular awhile ago and even i think its pretty cool
DragonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 00:16   Link #4
winson604

^^
its what the japanese stole from the chinese in order to make dragon ball. the tail on goku? the big stick? u can shrink the stick inot a size of a toothpick and all. but it was dope when they busted it out in naruto. enma is sweet
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 01:24   Link #5
gibits
Endless

yeah they stole it from the chinese, the monkey's name was (not surprisingly) Goku. But hey they've been leeching from other cultures for so long (think every american invention, the chinese Han language) that we stopped keeping score.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 01:37   Link #6
Wingraf

Yea, they stole it, but it's all good. I'm just thinking if Enma can grow big, or is he a smaller version of summon ninjutsu? (like the frogs) It would be interesting to see if he could comes back, and who would be able to summon him. Speaking of which I wonder if the 1st or 2nd have a pet?
Wingraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 07:48   Link #7
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I would think that Enma would be more brains than brawn, like the 3rd was known as the proffesor I bet Enma since he's a monkey and all could prolly form hand seals and do all sorts of bad ass jutsu's.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 07:53   Link #8
Skorpa

Enma is more like a shinobi monkey, he's not like gamabunta who is just a big ass frog who uses massive attacks.

Enma fights more like a human, but he has insane strenght compared to a human.
I wouldnt be suprised if he could do hand seals
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 07:56   Link #9
Wolf-Sensei
5th Hokage

well but who else could summon enma than sarutobi? Now that he is dead.. i dont think that we'll see Enma anymore, and i consider Enma as a "light side" summon, just like Manda is a "dark side" summon. So it would be insane to see Enma fighting the good guys , if orochimaru or someone from Akatsuki had summoned him.
Wolf-Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 08:38   Link #10
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto
but Gamabunta knows hand seals too doesnt he?
at least i think he does when he does the combo henge with naruto
when fighting against Garaa.

Emma should be able i guess? since he is able to henge into the big rod which Sandaime uses.
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 08:42   Link #11
lotus_lee

Since Sarutobi is now dead, do you think we will see more of Enma then?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 09:37   Link #12
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Someone mentioned who would be the next to summon Enma.. I'd like to give my opinon.. I think its semi-obvious.. If there is a time skip, without a doubt, I say Konohamaru would be the next 'summoner' or enma.

After all, hes the Grandon of Sarutobi.. He would realistically be the one to "inherit" the summon. Although theres nothing that dictates it needs to be 'kept in the family', it just seems that it would be proper in this case. I would think that Enma would accept him as well, for the relationship they both shared with Sarutobi.

It makes sense to me.. And in a couple months if there is a time skip and im right, I told you so! =)
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 10:29   Link #13
onizero

ENMA is somewhat similar to a character in the chinese fairy tale "Journey to the west", called Son Goku. they both use the hard ass rod as a weapon and suprising enough, both those rods could shape shift.
i personally dont know how strong ENMA really is because from both the manga and anime, he didnt actually use any ninjutsu other than henge no jutsu(transfrom to that hard ass rod). but im assuming and guessing that the secret to ever summon ENMA again lies in the Scroll of Seals.
onizero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 12:15   Link #14
Tenma

Seeing as how he is a monkey, he should be able to do dual hand seals. One with hands, one with feet. Now THAT would have been sweet.
Tenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 12:25   Link #15
Skorpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
but Gamabunta knows hand seals too doesnt he?
at least i think he does when he does the combo henge with naruto
when fighting against Garaa.

Emma should be able i guess? since he is able to henge into the big rod which Sandaime uses.
Dont think so, the only thing gama does when they do the combination henge is to gather chakra.. Naruto is the one who does the seal.
Skorpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 12:28   Link #16
Mezu
The Guardian

In the orochimaru vs sarutobi fight, when enma gets summoned, orochimaru states that enma is gonna be "trouble". So he has to be powerful, the extendable pole that he turned into was probably a fatal hit. And he is a the king of the monkeys and a boss summon.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 16:50   Link #17
TamaTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I think Naruto should be the next summoner...
but actually all those summons are a bit unnecessary I think; they don't really make the story better.
I dont think naruto would be the next summoner since if he signed that scroll thing, the frog one would be in void?
TamaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 17:03   Link #18
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaTurtle
I dont think naruto would be the next summoner since if he signed that scroll thing, the frog one would be in void?
Explain to me why It would be void.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 17:11   Link #19
AngelKyo
Shizune is numba#1

Send a message via AIM to AngelKyo Send a message via MSN to AngelKyo Send a message via Yahoo to AngelKyo
Enma is most likely equal to all the other guys (Gama, Manda, slug thing)
AngelKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 17:20   Link #20
PureDynamo

Yeah, Enma looks like Sun Wu Kong or the monkey King from the journey west, I guess his name is Goku in Japanese. The journey West is a chinese novel that is pretty good, and its been made into many things, like anime such as Dragon Ball or Sayuki, and a chinese movie/TV show, I also remember there being a cartoon of it in the mornings here in the USA.

But anyways I think that Enma is not as powerful as the other sanin summons because it isn't as big as them.
PureDynamo is offline   Reply With Quote