AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-14, 01:35   Link #81
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Monkey
i would be happy if the series had little romance but given what has been going on, it'd be kinda disappointing to leave out romance entirely (which i think is not possible anyway). hinata would have absolutely no place in the series then and sakura be worthless in that scenario. but, i dig the temari/shika pairing.

some good points raised already about chouji. tough to kill a character who was finally presented as a hero. and indeed, it leaves possibility of sasuke's future return much more likely.

but i think this coming arc and next few chapters holds some real promise as perhaps the best in entire naruto series. not only for the possible akatsuki arc and sasuke's journey, but more importantly the dynamics between the genin teams, plus chuunin shika, and the sand nins. we're already seeing that in this chapter. after going through such a tough mission together, it's hard to separate these guys now. there should be some really interesting interaction and mutual respect/trust. naruto himself has the first opportunity to be truly recognized/acknowledged/accepted by most of his peers. i wonder how he'll respond. same with gaara, how will the other konoha genins respond to gaara and how will his character continue to develop?
I agree with you on all of those points. which is why this is a good time for me to stop reading the manga. I cant wait till I get to see what happens after this arc gets animated! I think that Naruto is going to be very serious about alot of things from now on. Not just with training but his lack of interest in females at the moment. He may even become a small workaholic.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 01:51   Link #82
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
While it's more of a personal feeling, I also think this show is partly responsible for that feeling. The genin teams don't die.
Orochimarus Genin team got completely wiped out.
So did many other genin teams during the second exam.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 02:20   Link #83
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Finally the Neji has come back to lay the smacketh downth once again, upon the pansy genins and chunnins that make up Konoha.
Say it again, brother. Mmm, he looked so hot lying there.
Old 2004-10-14, 02:43   Link #84
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
No way would "our" heroes and the future generation of Konoha be killed, shonen rule. How can u compare those unknown sound/other genin with the well intoduced main characters. We do not kill "our hero children". Just look at the ending of the anime where there stand the 12 genins in a row. Plus this way the story proved that Tsunade is not a worthless Hokage compared to the other 4. She is more and more a respectable Hokage. ( before the fate of all Hokages comes to take her )
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 03:01   Link #85
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
it was a good chapter waiting for the translations atm.
shika and temari excelent
i would like to see in the next chapter some respect from sakura, for naruto trying his best and putting his life on the line
some development between the sand gennins and konoha's they can make some killer team(s)

cant wait till next week!
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 03:10   Link #86
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
No way would "our" heroes and the future generation of Konoha be killed, shonen rule. How can u compare those unknown sound/other genin with the well intoduced main characters. We do not kill "our hero children". Just look at the ending of the anime where there stand the 12 genins in a row. Plus this way the story proved that Tsunade is not a worthless Hokage compared to the other 4. She is more and more a respectable Hokage. ( before the fate of all Hokages comes to take her )
zamme didnt compare the various genin teams to those of the Leaf, so Im not sure where youre going with this. He was refuting Animizzle's point, which was,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
The genin teams don't die.

And he's right. The sound genin team were killed. Zaku and Kin were used as the sacrifice for Oro's Edo Tensei, and the other dude was killed by Gaara. Also, the grass nin from the second chuunin exam test were killed by Oro. There was also those Rain genin whom Gaara killed with his sand.

The chapter was pretty good.

I can't wait to see Naruto tell Sakura about his unfufilled promise.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 03:54   Link #87
Viperion

Send a message via MSN to Viperion
very nice chapter.. can't wait for translated one.

about the next chapter ..

my prediction is like that

when Naruto awake from the bed or some. Sakura is on his side and waiting some answer. Then Naruto realise how difficoult for him to tell to her. when he tells.. There are 2 options.. most possibillity is She will be sad and accuse him for broken promise and such. Other is.. She react calmy and understand, wich is not gonna happen... i think.

But Naruto in other way.. He will be more og less be sad and blame himself not to keep the promise and make distance from everyone. he will lack confidence and starting to doubt about his way to belive himself. wich is quite possible.. the Naruto world is about protect the important ones and able to belive yourself to do the thing to change the fate. And i belive its only Kakashi, Jiraya who understand Naruto, and try to cherish him up... and by the time Sakura might accept the fact that Sasuke is somewhat gone. but she will look after him by herself and leave the village. then... either way possible timeskip or then continue the akatsuki arc

guess it is what i predict.. off course.. its all hypotetical..

when it comes to shika and temari.. i belive its starting to create a bond between them.. not now.. but make some few years.. beside.. a marriage between shika and temari would benefit sand village and leaf village of konoha greatly.. its will be a bound between them.. then konoha vill have a strong ally.
Viperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 05:01   Link #88
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Maybe you and Socombretta didn't quite understand me.

If you read my post clearly you'd see I am talking about Leaf Genins

other genins obviously die, as, indeed the sound and hell, just about every other genin group in the chuunin exam...

You think it was a mere "coincedence" that all the leaf teams made it to the second round? please.
Old 2004-10-14, 05:04   Link #89
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
I'm interested in seeing what happened to Lee and Gaara. They aren't injured but they seemed to be bonding strangely, it would be nice to see this kinder gentler Gaara interact with the other leaf genin he once terrorized ( like Sakura I'm sure he'd get a reaction out of her by his presence ). As far as Temari goes I like her personally. She's one tough chick but she's not as ruthless as her sibling team members she's more compassionate. She really seemed to care about the well being of Gaara and Kankuro and she didn't hate Konoha she was just carrying out her villiage's orders. Temari even seemed concerned when She realized that their actions would lead Ninjas into another war era. I don't know if she's right for Shikamaru but she's alot better for him than the Sasuke obsessed Ino is. And she's definitely one of the more attractive female characters Kishimoto has drawn. Shikimaru would be raising his standards in being involved with her.
i d like to know too what happened to jiraiya!??it s been a long time since we haven t seen him and it s a bit strange cause he is normally the one to protect naruto against akatsuki and it seems that with the strange man we saw in 234,aka could have easily taken naruto if they wanted
itachistyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 05:25   Link #90
fzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion
very nice chapter.. can't wait for translated one.

about the next chapter ..

my prediction is like that

when Naruto awake from the bed or some. Sakura is on his side and waiting some answer. Then Naruto realise how difficoult for him to tell to her. when he tells.. There are 2 options.. most possibillity is She will be sad and accuse him for broken promise and such. Other is.. She react calmy and understand, wich is not gonna happen... i think.

But Naruto in other way.. He will be more og less be sad and blame himself not to keep the promise and make distance from everyone. he will lack confidence and starting to doubt about his way to belive himself. wich is quite possible.. the Naruto world is about protect the important ones and able to belive yourself to do the thing to change the fate. And i belive its only Kakashi, Jiraya who understand Naruto, and try to cherish him up... and by the time Sakura might accept the fact that Sasuke is somewhat gone. but she will look after him by herself and leave the village. then... either way possible timeskip or then continue the akatsuki arc

guess it is what i predict.. off course.. its all hypotetical..

when it comes to shika and temari.. i belive its starting to create a bond between them.. not now.. but make some few years.. beside.. a marriage between shika and temari would benefit sand village and leaf village of konoha greatly.. its will be a bound between them.. then konoha vill have a strong ally.
i really agree that the outcome of this fight has made a really large impact on naruto's confidence.. he will feel guilty for not keeping his promise and will most likely create some distance between his friends

but theyr all just guesses
Old 2004-10-14, 05:48   Link #91
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I think this whole experience will leave Naruto with a passion to train his ass off and thats where Jiraiya comes in. He may finally take him to that shinobi training center he mentioned to Kakashi and ero-sennin will be revived! I guess that Akatsuki guy was spying afterall since he didn't make a move. I hope we find out more about their plans and operations soon. The next chapter or two will probably deal mostly with the aftermath of the battle. Hopefully Sakura-chan will be a bit more understanding of Naruto's situation.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 06:26   Link #92
Captain_Dope

just because you see a guy and a girl together in a room, everyone thinks that they are the perfect couple and must be a couple. You say Temari and Shikamaru respect each other? Well just so you know, Temari is just sitting there, acting a little egoistic and not-caring, telling Shikamaru "sorry for your team mates but thats life. sometimes sacrifices must be made to finish the mission"

do you call that respect for another? Shikamaru cares more about his team mates rather than his mission. But maybe we will see Temaris true face for him in the next chapter if she decides to walk to him and try to comfort him. If not, then she is not the right person for Shikamaru. Ino would not hesitate to help Shikamaru when he is crying like that.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 06:27   Link #93
fzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Hopefully Sakura-chan will be a bit more understanding of Naruto's situation.
naw.. she will be not
shes gonna cry about sasuke without giving a damn about naruto and only gonna blame him and tell him its his fault.. without thinking that he gave his life (almost) for that promise
Old 2004-10-14, 06:28   Link #94
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
naw.. she will be not
shes gonna cry about sasuke without giving a damn about naruto and only gonna blame him and tell him its his fault.. without thinking that he gave his life (almost) for that promise
then she will go and slit her wrists.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 06:35   Link #95
fzz

i thought it was a kids show
Old 2004-10-14, 06:41   Link #96
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

YAY!!! Everyone's alive! (which was going to happen anyways)

To comment on them dying, I can go back to my favorite manga of all time, Dragon Ball. Kuririn, Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and so on and so on. Of course they came back alright, but they did die and were considered secondary if not main characters at one point in the series. In a bad comparison, Tsunade is like the Dragon Balls of Naruto; simply put, semi-death = alive as long as she's there.

I definately loved the medical script all over the place. Watching the way they treated major wounds was very interesting. I didn't expect something to that extent. It's like sealing demons and black fire and stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Too bad Kishimoto seems to have forgotten that Neji had a hole in his belly as well.
Perhaps they fixed it already. It's not like he just got to the medical center. LOL.

And seeing Shikamaru cry kinda choked me up. Very emotional indeed.

As to the next chapter, I'm sure we're going to see more crying from both Naruto and Sakura. I really don't care about Sakura's feelings right now, but if I see Naruto crying his balls out like he did in the first episode (snot and everything), it's going to kill me.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 06:46   Link #97
Anjin
stfu-no-jutsu

Send a message via AIM to Anjin
Shikamaru and Temari should not be together for 1 reason, and 1 reason only.....

Spoiler:

haha anyways... It's going to happen, i think its more than obvious given the background on his father/mother, that Temari is the right one for him, wether he wants her or not. It will eventually happen.

As for Sakura/Naruto now.. their relatoinship is going to be strained. Naruto's Ninja Way is bascally to never back down, to protect his frends, and to do what he says. Well, he promised he would return Sasuke nad he didnt.. He gave his all and Sasuke didnt want to come back, but that doesnt matter to Sakura. SHe is going to feel 'betrayed' in a way. Afterall she acknowledged that Naruto was the ONLY one that could bring him back.. He failed, and she is going to resent him for it in some way or another.

However, this is a huge driving force for Naruto. He KNOWS he failed. Now he has a huge goal, which I think is something he has lacked throughout the whole series. Its always been to train and be a 'good ninja', but he's kind of there already. He's a great ninja, but now he has a 'personal' reason to improve. To get Sasuke back. He is going to train his tail off (maybe he'll work on those Taijutsu skills!) and eventually leave the village in search o' sasuke. (My opinion).

Excellent Chapter, great wrapup and it really make sthe entire arc that much better, regardless of how some of the fights might have 'dragged on.' AKatsuki was obviously spectating that entire fight for informatoin.. We'll see more of them soon and im excited about it. Next couple chapters will really be grand. Can't wait to see Lee react to being saved by Gaara after the fight... Maybe they will get a bond of friendship .. or maybe they will be the first fairy shonen team =) (We always knew lee was a little flaky lol)
Anjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 07:40   Link #98
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I do wander how Sakura is going to react. She has been horrible to Naruto who has a crush on her. But lately she's been acknowledging him. She realizes she shouldn't put down Naruto when she is no better and that Naruto really cares for her when she finds out he saved her from the sand. She will be showing that old immaturity if she attacks Naruto after his courageous efforts. I think Naruto's spirit has been broken here folks. If the shock that Sasuke was really giving in to Orochimaru wasn't enough, finding out that Sasuke was willing to kill him sent him over the edge. In his heart it would seem that Naruto realizes he could not save Sasuke from the darkness Neji spoke of and that his failure to bring him back means for the time being he is gone. I don't think Naruto would go to the Sound (Which is where Sasuke is defintely going) and try to free him from something his heart seemed dead set on. But he won't give up hope. He'll definitely train to be strong so that he doesn't lose a companion again. And someday he may confront that old friend he once knew.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 07:47   Link #99
DJ*

"If I take this pill I will definitely die*"

*But only if i'm left alone and starve to death whilst unconscious
Old 2004-10-14, 08:00   Link #100
Akumabito

I think that maybe Choji is still alive because that fight went really fast after he took the pill.

I would not be suprised if in the next few chapters we see Naruto getting all moody and taking his training serious for once. If he takes the training serious then there's no need for some corny powerup stuff. Almost every fight he's had he's won on brute strength, with serious training he would probably be a whole lot stronger (not physically, you know what I mean) than he is now.

And of course Shikamaru would get worked up, Choji has been his best friend since they were little kids (several years at least). And as much as the Shikamaru/Temari thing would work, I don't see it happening any time soon (she looked totally unconcerned when they were talking in the hospital).
Akumabito is offline   Reply With Quote