AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-23, 08:05   Link #12301
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Of course it would be;
Satou-sensei is using both reality and SF~
Program isnt a good word to describe Tatsuya's care for Miyuki; Miyuki is Tatsuya's linchpin to sanity; if even Miyuki dies Tatsuya will loose his reason to live unless someone will bare responsibility to his life.
It's still fiction and incest in real life happens, both good and bad incest.

Let's imagine for a second that Miyuki dies (P.S.Will never use that idea in a fanfiction even if I am held atgunpoint), can you name anyone who is willing and capable of carrying Tatsuya's emotional baggage and mental instability?

P.S.pampz21: Go straight to the explanation, everyone in the thread knows your answer when ask that type of question.....
Old 2014-03-23, 08:15   Link #12302
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post

Let's imagine for a second that Miyuki dies (P.S.Will never use that idea in a fanfiction even if I am held atgunpoint), can you name anyone who is willing and capable of carrying Tatsuya's emotional baggage and mental instability?

P.S.pampz21: Go straight to the explanation, everyone in the thread knows your answer when ask that type of question.....
You think I'll answer Erika?
We all know Erika is fragile beside Tatsuya is one of her linchpin already.

A possible candidate would be Maya herself.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-23, 08:16   Link #12303
anonfr

Quote:

I thought you'd answer Erika. I'm actually kind of disappointed.
Old 2014-03-23, 08:20   Link #12304
fujin of shadows

Quote:

OH MY GOD, THE WORLD IS ENDING...PAMPZ DIDN'T SIDE WITH ERIKA....HEAD FOR COVER.......

Maya is too similar to Tatsuya.....They are both methodical, pessimistic, practical, and far, far from being normal...

To me, Maya is the female version of Tatsuya, only with emotions

Meaning, Maya would sooner use Tatsuya until she runs him dry
Old 2014-03-23, 08:46   Link #12305
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
Well, thats true. But I have some doubts about it after reading Miyuki's thoughts in volume 11. Tatsuya depends too, but he was programmed this way.

Also the reason why I don't like incest is that I have a sister. Just my moral principles
And yeah, their relationship is quite boring for couple. You maybe love this kind of relationship, but that not for me
In my opinion, Mayumi, Lina or Erica is better suited to Tatsuya
Miyuki doesn't really need Tatsuya but she is doing it on purpose, she wants to seem unreliable. I am sure she can do everything by herself but she just doesn't want to be without him, Tatsuya however doesn't depend on her, he can live without her as long as she is in security and happy but Miyuki will never be happy without him, they are stuck together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Spoiler for This guy Echizen:
Spoiler for This guy Echizen:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I don't know whether to be happy or confused by the new PV, I actually thought a lot about this. I really kind of liked PV3 except..WHY IS TATSUYA SHOOTING MB FROM HIS FINGER????
as for PV4, all I have to say is damn you Miyuki, damn you.

We've seen scenes from volume 8 there, so I'm wondering if they're actually gonna finish with it. We can be sure that they definitely won't end with volume 5 considering it's all side stories, i mean you can't spam several episodes in a row that have nothing happening in them as the final episodes of an anime season, they can't even put them in between the episodes of the first 4 volumes cos they'd be spoiling stuff, so I'm hoping there won't be a single episode for vol5. It would be really weird though if they decide to end it at volume 4 with 26 episodes because in the first two volumes(vol 1 especially), not much is happening and they shouldn't even need more than 8 episodes MAX for them, which leaves 18 episodes to do the competition arc and that would be stretching the material which is just as bad as rushing it.
If they decide to end it with volume 8, I don't know but just MAYBE it's feasible if they do something like :
- 3 episodes for volume 1
- 3 episodes for volume 2
- 4 episodes each for volume 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8
They should stop at V07 IMO, it would be better. For V05, Summer Break and Presidential Elections and the Queen must definitely be adapted.
Old 2014-03-23, 09:05   Link #12306
J4n1

Quote:
OH MY GOD, THE WORLD IS ENDING...PAMPZ DIDN'T SIDE WITH ERIKA....HEAD FOR COVER.......

Maya is too similar to Tatsuya.....They are both methodical, pessimistic, practical, and far, far from being normal...

I agree Maya would use Tatsuya, as she is already using him, but i am not convinced she would just run him dry.

Even if we discard the hypothesis where Maya actually cares for Tatsuya, simply pragmatism, hunger for power and self preservation would make her take Tatsuya in and keep his emmotional package under control as long as she can.

And i think Maya would have the fortitude and the will to handle Tatsuya's issues (issues? more like lifetime subscription).
Old 2014-03-23, 09:19   Link #12307
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartaen View Post
Well, thats true. But I have some doubts about it after reading Miyuki's thoughts in volume 11. Tatsuya depends too, but he was programmed this way.

Also the reason why I don't like incest is that I have a sister. Just my moral principles
And yeah, their relationship is quite boring for couple. You maybe love this kind of relationship, but that not for me
In my opinion, Mayumi, Lina or Erica is better suited to Tatsuya
And you have every right to enjoy this series and push for any ship as you please. I love all the little discussions that goes around here. Still, there's this feeling I have that those who have a problem with Miyuki are simply bothered by the fact that she is Tatsuya's sister. If she was a childhood friend, they wouldn't be complaining.

I mean, I have a sister too. Doesn't stop me from loving aniXimouto romances.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2014-03-23 at 09:39. Reason: stupid typo
Old 2014-03-23, 09:38   Link #12308
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I thought you'd answer Erika. I'm actually kind of disappointed.
Quote:

Oi oi, Dont misunderstand me#!
Erika worth more than a linchpin Dont take that as an insult; my Miyuki shippers

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-23, 09:50   Link #12309
NutShell

Quote:

rather than that i more interested in how Miyuki die?

maybe she was stabbed by Honoka from behind while Tatsuya in a lovey dovey scane with Erika (Erika ensnare Tatsuya and she joint force with Honoka to defeat Miyuki )
Old 2014-03-23, 09:54   Link #12310
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
And you have every right to enjoy this series and push for any ship as you please. I love all the little discussions that goes around here. Still, there's this feeling I have that those who have a problem with Miyuki are simply bothered by the fact that she is Tatsuya's sister. If she was a childhood friend, they wouldn't be complaining.

I mean, I have a sister too. Doesn't stop me from loving aniXimouto romances.
Don't you ship them justly because she is her sister? If she wasn't , they would have not played with his emotions, that's because she is her sister that Tatsuya interacts like that with her.
If she wasn't her sister, how would Miyuki be? We don't know, she could not act as she is now and Tatsuya would not respond to her love as he does. He would not pat her head or embrace her everytime.

Miyuki can only exist as Tatsuya's sister, her character depends on him since the day he saved her.
Old 2014-03-23, 10:03   Link #12311
Raskreia
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Raskreia Send a message via AIM to Raskreia Send a message via Yahoo to Raskreia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Miyuki doesn't really need Tatsuya but she is doing it on purpose, she wants to seem unreliable. I am sure she can do everything by herself but she just doesn't want to be without him, Tatsuya however doesn't depend on her, he can live without her as long as she is in security and happy but Miyuki will never be happy without him, they are stuck together.
Tatsuya does depend on Miyuki, it is just not as blatantly obvious. He even said it himself that out of the two of them that he is the more dependant one.

From Vol 5

Quote:
As Miyuki's eyes animatedly brightened or filled with frustration, Tatsuya's own eyes twinkled warmly. Whether inborn or acquired, imprinted by others or nurtured by himself, the fact was as long as Miyuki was there it wouldn't matter if they were in the city or in the mountains; he would be the same.

It was the one thing he truly wanted. As long as she was beside him, whatever the conditions didn't matter; this was something anyone who knew his circumstances could understand full well. Both Miyuki and Tatsuya depended heavily upon one another, but perhaps more on Tatsuya's side than the other.
Old 2014-03-23, 10:14   Link #12312
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
...well, guess I have to eat my words now. There IS a chance we'll be getting to Vol. 8 if the PVs are anything to go by.
Or they're simply teasing this to strongly hint on "Tatsuya is a hidden badass" in order to lock in viewers. Still... Reminiscence arc could be placed at any time. There's no real need to keep it in the LN sequence.

Quote:
Also, DAMN, that fourth PV. Tatsuya looks smooth as hell when calming Miyuki down. Unfortunately, I can already guarantee a lot of people will be sick of Miyuki's attitude from day one.
Agreed. Which is why I strongly hope that they're not overdoing this. There's much more to Miyuki as being pretty and brocon, so I strongly hope they're showing her capable/scary side, too.

Still, the way they are playing this, Miyuki will be the most controversial character of the show. Uh oh.
Old 2014-03-23, 10:21   Link #12313
pampz21
ShipCore

I dont believe vol. 8 will be animated maybe some parts; but dont forget vol.8 is a foreshadowing of vol.9 where USNA is looking for the Strategic Class Mage, that is Tatsuya; they might put Tatsuya using MB but other than that vol.8 is still chronologically part of the story!~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-23, 10:24   Link #12314
Ultragunner

and don't forget the direct confrontation between Maya and Tatsuya , it would be really out of place if vol 8 were to be put somewhere else
Old 2014-03-23, 10:29   Link #12315
Riddam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Meaningless text.
Ok, so I read your post. And while all of your points were easily answerable you keep getting more and more sidetracked on each. What you do is, you agree you were wrong on the original point and get stuck on something else that seems to be based on some unfounded conclusion of yours. And considering how you think your opinions are more credible than what's in the novels, I fail to see the value of this conversation.

In any case in this post you just admitted what I've been telling you since the beginning.
"Both Miyuki and Lina are elite among elites.", I doubt you're able to to remember that this is the disagreement. You were saying Miyuki is just like any magician from the 10 families. And while there hasn't been a "direct" quote about Miyuki's talent being superior to each and every member of the 10 families, there have been multiple quotes in that vein(like the one I just gave you but you ignored). If you asked Tsutomu he'd probably say that Miyuki is 10 in every category and 11 in Zone interference (0-10).

Something in general that you don't seem to understand about arguing about fictional works.
You'll very rarely find "direct" quotes about issues such as these, for example it's never been stated "Iron Man" is more intelligent than "The Thing" but you'll see no one arguing otherwise, the judgement is based on what we've seen from each character. You have to keep in mind that if you keep saying you'll never accept it, unless there's a quote stating exactly that, then everything you say is meaningless as well because none of it can be proven by a direct quote. In your case though, you don't even have quotes that would remotely insinuate that you're correct.
Old 2014-03-23, 10:42   Link #12316
anonfr

Quote:
I dont believe vol. 8 will be animated maybe some parts; but dont forget vol.8 is a foreshadowing of vol.9 where USNA is looking for the Strategic Class Mage, that is Tatsuya; they might put Tatsuya using MB but other than that vol.8 is still chronologically part of the story!~
I do feel like Volume 8 is perfect to an after series OVA.

The whole format just seems like it'd be perfect for an OVA in general, as opposed to a multi episode arc. The whole volume takes place in a single present day event, focusing on flashbacks. If it was just an OVA instead of a multi episode arc it would be perfect to announce if there's any fore coming seasons without disrupting story progress at all.
Old 2014-03-23, 11:57   Link #12317
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Ok, so I read your post. And while all of your points were easily answerable you keep getting more and more sidetracked on each.
If it's so easy to answer then please do because when I read that you consider it as a meaningless post and say that I ignored your famous quote. I can't believe it.

Quote:
What you do is, you agree you were wrong on the original point and get stuck on something else that seems to be based on some unfounded conclusion of yours. And considering how you think your opinions are more credible than what's in the novels, I fail to see the value of this conversation.

In any case in this post you just admitted what I've been telling you since the beginning.
"Both Miyuki and Lina are elite among elites.", I doubt you're able to to remember that this is the disagreement. You were saying Miyuki is just like any magician from the 10 families.
This is not the disagreement. You said Miyuki is the best at anything concerning magic, that just is not possible, magic is too complex. Do you even know how much magicians exist? Your vision of elite is small. Japan is not one of the strongest magic country for nothing.

There are 9 schools, 1300 new students are recruited per years.
1st high, second high and 3rd high recruit 200 new magicians per years, 100 are Course 1 students and 100 are Course 2. The others don't do distinction.

The Course 1 students are the elite. And what I call the elite among elites are the best of the bests, to be the best of the bests you naturally need outstanding magical talent and who are the most talented? Obviously the magicians from the 28 families. Shizuku, Honoka and Kirihara belong to the elite.
Remember too that among the magicians, the most gifted don't necessarily go to school or they aren't of Miyuki's generation. During Tatsuya's 9SC, 1st high had 4 members of the 28 families( no wonder they won easily, Tatsuya's engineer skills helped too but still) while in the 8 other schools, there was only Masaki. There is no doubt that the students competing were considered as the elite in their schools and yet, they have been humiliated by pure, raw talent.
Tatsuya, Miyuki, Katsuto, Masaki, Mayumi are elite among elites, the gap beyond them and the elite is just too big, they can train how they want, they can't level up their genes.
In the new 9SC, 4th high will have 2 persons who are the elite among elites too, you know who they are, 1st will have 6. I can guarantee you that even if Shippou got stomped by his senpais, he is way stronger that anyone of "the elite" and of his generation, the results of his school put him already way above anyone but the twins and 1st high exams are the most difficult.

Quote:
And while there hasn't been a "direct" quote about Miyuki's talent being superior to each and every member of the 10 families, there have been multiple quotes in that vein(like the one I just gave you but you ignored). If you asked Tsutomu he'd probably say that Miyuki is 10 in every category and 11 in Zone interference (0-10).
That just prove how much of a fanboy you are, not only that you are guessing the author response like that but you are telling me that she has skills rated 11/10? Beyond perfection? Really? Is Miyuki a goddess or something?

Quote:
Something in general that you don't seem to understand about arguing about fictional works.
You'll very rarely find "direct" quotes about issues such as these, for example it's never been stated "Iron Man" is more intelligent than "The Thing" but you'll see no one arguing otherwise, the judgement is based on what we've seen from each character. You have to keep in mind that if you keep saying you'll never accept it, unless there's a quote stating exactly that, then everything you say is meaningless as well because none of it can be proven by a direct quote. In your case though, you don't even have quotes that would remotely insinuate that you're correct.
You tell me that there are a lot of quotes who mention it and know that you don't read it easily . That Iron is smarter than The Thing is obvious but compare him with Reed Richards and people will have good arguments, no matter with who they side.
Old 2014-03-23, 12:00   Link #12318
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Here's an idea:

What if instead of volume 5, they decide to adapt the Okinawa parts of volume 8? Placing it in the middle of the 9 Schools Arc and the Yokohama Arc?
Old 2014-03-23, 12:04   Link #12319
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Here's an idea:

What if instead of volume 5, they decide to adapt the Okinawa parts of volume 8? Placing it in the middle of the 9 Schools Arc and the Yokohama Arc?
It doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though I feel like the student council election chapter from Volume 5 is at the very least the one necessary chapter that needs to be there.

I still feel like Volume 8 is perfect OVA material though.
Old 2014-03-23, 12:18   Link #12320
pampz21
ShipCore

BTW We are getting carried away with the anime...
From what I remember we get the anime by April 4th and the LN at 10th?

EDIT: Clearly no love for Morisaki; he looks like a character from 2005~

Mizuki has alot of lines in the PV~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings