AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 20:50   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

One Piece Manga Chapter 393 (*spoilers*)

Ok, since I'm not good at doing summaries, I'll let someone else expound on this, but I'm going to kick things off with what I remember from the chapter.

Manga opens with volume 26 of the "find baroque works" mini-saga where Ms. Golden Week, Mr. 3 and Ms...uh, whatever her name is. The one that makes herself heavy or light at will. Anywho, they're running away as Mr. 2 bonclay battles it out with the one marine who has the ability to turn her body into steel cuffs.

The story starts out with the giant having finished a raft and is talking about leaving. Robin gets all sad. The giant talks to her about her dreams some more and how she wants to find the real history. He tells her to be quiet so nobody finds out. Then a marine ship comes and the giant warns her to get away because the ship is out to kill all the archiologists. The ship actually has her mom Olivia on it. She comes to warn the archiologists to flee for their lives. They basically tell her to go blow off and how they're going to protect their treasured library.

Then there's a quick flashback to a really cute and blabbering 2 year old Robin as her mom leaves her to go on a 6 year exploritory archiology mission. It also shows a small snippet of how she got going as an archiologist like her mom. Then another marine ship shows up and Spandam and crew jump off to go kill or capture anyone who's an archiologist. Olivia then goes single handedly to stop them once again leaving Robin behind. Then a quick shot of the giant, then a quick shot at the much younger Ao-kiji.
Old 2005-12-18, 23:01   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Miss Valentine's Day.

2 years old Robin is.............cute? She looks awfully familiar.

Was Aokiji already one of the 3 Admirals back then?
Old 2005-12-19, 00:24   Link #3
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Was Aokiji already one of the 3 Admirals back then?

No, he was a vice-admiral. Plus, his REAL name was used (which is Kuzan, btw).

Still... I wonder what Sauro's connection to Olvia and the Poneglyphs are. Considering how he panicked, he must know a great deal of stuff (which will hopefully be revealed soon enough)...
Old 2005-12-19, 11:34   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm getting really curious as to what this 100 years of lost history are. What is so frightening to the world government about those 100 years that they don't want anyone to find out about them or know anything about them? Even to the point that they themselves don't know it. Heck, they've been trying to get Gold Roger's ship plans for a while because from what I can guess his ship is built from a design taken from that 100 year period of super weapons. lol. Man, this is going to be wild once we find out more about this stuff.
Old 2005-12-19, 14:52   Link #5
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Probably about the Ultimate weapon of some kind- but thats just a guess.

Looks like a good chapter.
Wonder if Koji had his Hie-Hie powers back then.
Old 2005-12-19, 20:09   Link #6
marvelB

Well, if Aokiji was such a high-ranking marine at that time, I'm pretty sure that he had his powers then, too. Plus, Robin already knew about his powers when he encountered the SH crew too, so...
Old 2005-12-21, 13:49   Link #7
strategos

Hmmm...
The World Goverment really tries very hard to hide this evil secret.
Probably Gol D. Roger found out what it was.
Hmmm...
Probably the 100 years of history missing is a great war between Pirates and Marines. Where the Pirates werent the bad guys and the marine were just trying to create a ideal world. The pirates would have been people who were oposing the wolrd goverment and from that day on they were called pirates.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Closed Thread