AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 14:43   Link #7021
Nobodyman9
Banned

Just further evidence of my belief that the CG writers are just a bunch of sick sadists (see also the deaths of Shirley and Euphie)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 14:59   Link #7022
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the abuse of female characters is a well known fact in sunrise
but THAT part (with marika) was just a REALLY sick joke that served no purpose i can think of
you can very clearly see how sheirly and euphie's deaths played a large part in the story
but THAT, that was just some kinda pointlessly cruel joke
Old 2010-02-09, 15:34   Link #7023
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the abuse of female characters is a well known fact in sunrise
Too right. The folks at Sunrise are just a bunch of sick misogynists. And yet we still continue to watch their work. Shame shame..............

Quote:
but THAT part (with marika) was just a REALLY sick joke that served no purpose i can think of
you can very clearly see how sheirly and euphie's deaths played a large part in the story
but THAT, that was just some kinda pointlessly cruel joke
And I'll agree with that. Yes, Shirley and Euphie's deaths did, for the most part, serve a larger purpose (but isn't it funny how it's the pure and innocent ones that have to die, eh?)

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2010-02-09 at 17:18.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 15:49   Link #7024
azul120

And Suzaku taking down Monica and Dorothea as if they were a couple of redshirts in Turn 22 didn't do any favors either. I've seen some amusing hate over the former's death in particular, lol.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 17:04   Link #7025
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
And Suzaku taking down Monica and Dorothea as if they were a couple of redshirts in Turn 22 didn't do any favors either. I've seen some amusing hate over the former's death in particular, lol.
those two were just sunrise being the misogynistic bastards that they are
the one i was talking about was not only misogynistic, but also comes off as a sort of sick joke from a storytelling POV
Old 2010-02-09, 18:36   Link #7026
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Spoiler for Marika:

I felt kinda bad when I learned she was Kewell's sister...srsly, gj Kallen, you've destroyed the Kewell lineage...>_>
Their last name is actually "Sorsei" but yeah, I agree with the sick-and-pointlessness of it.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 19:07   Link #7027
azul120

Cornelia was another extremely skilled Knightmare pilot, though you didn't see her in combat during R2.
Old 2010-02-09, 21:50   Link #7028
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

David also had a killer tan...>_>
Old 2010-02-10, 15:35   Link #7029
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I just tried google and there was very little on the Glaston Knights. Tried David T Dalton and this topic was on the first page, there's nothing on the poor guy.

Then, just for kicks I tried Nagisa Chiba...and wow I am pissed off and want to rage. That stupid, ugly ass, dumb, useless character has lots of pics and info about her. What was her purpose? She kills David in the gayest, most cowardly way possible (she stabs him in the back while his machine is damaged by Kallen), and then she gets to live a full, happy life by Todou? Fuck that. She was one of those characters that could've died and her death would've had the same effect on the universe as if an ant had been stepped on. Nobody cares, nobody noticed, and nobody would miss her.

Would've been nice if Todou is killed right in front of her by Claudio as revenge for killing his father and all his brothers, and then Bismarck impales her with Excalibur and she died a Nicol-like death. That would've made my day IMO.
Old 2010-02-10, 15:39   Link #7030
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

isn't that a bit of too much hate ?
considering that chiba is "one of those characters that could've died and her death would've had the same effect on the universe as if an ant had been stepped on."
Old 2010-02-10, 15:54   Link #7031
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

She killed him in the gayest way possible? Well, she did stab from behi-...err, in the back, even! him... but she's still female!
Echem. Never really cared much about Chiba either way. She could have been an interesting character, but somehow, ended up just being there.

Last edited by Nogitsune; 2010-02-10 at 16:07.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:11   Link #7032
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
isn't that a bit of too much hate ?
considering that chiba is "one of those characters that could've died and her death would've had the same effect on the universe as if an ant had been stepped on."
nah, just enough.
Old 2010-02-10, 16:26   Link #7033
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

Would've been nice if Todou is killed right in front of her by Claudio as revenge for killing his father and all his brothers, and then Bismarck impales her with Excalibur and she died a Nicol-like death. That would've made my day IMO.
lol. a bit extreme for a minor character but it would work. I cheer for Urabe of the Four Holy Swords.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 17:14   Link #7034
azul120

That had nothing on Gino's behind the back spam killing of Senba. (And on top of that, Gino was on the oppressor's side, as opposed to your Kallen and Chiba cases.)
Old 2010-02-10, 17:20   Link #7035
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

not only that
gino has a FLYING knightmare while senba's stuck in place, and gino is suppose to be one of the ELITES of britannia
then again, taking people by surprise/attacking without warning/ hitting from behind seems to be his main method of fighting
he does this to senba, xing-ke, Lelouch (who was saved because of the shinkiro) guilford, and tried to do the same with suzaku in ep 22
Old 2010-02-10, 17:40   Link #7036
azul120

Quote:
not only that
gino has a FLYING knightmare while senba's stuck in place, and gino is suppose to be one of the ELITES of britannia
then again, taking people by surprise/attacking without warning/ hitting from behind seems to be his main method of fighting
he does this to senba, xing-ke, Lelouch (who was saved because of the shinkiro) guilford, and tried to do the same with suzaku in ep 22
Yeah, by spamming I was referring to the massive delta in gear between Gino and Senba. Not to mention that given Senba being perhaps the oldest and most weathered combatant, and Gino being an Upper Class Twit, on top of the whole Japan getting back at the Britannian Overlords business, that had to be an extremely depressing, and annoying way to go out.
Old 2010-02-10, 18:01   Link #7037
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Yeah, by spamming I was referring to the massive delta in gear between Gino and Senba. Not to mention that given Senba being perhaps the oldest and most weathered combatant, and Gino being an Upper Class Twit, on top of the whole Japan getting back at the Britannian Overlords business, that had to be an extremely depressing, and annoying way to go out.
It is an extremely depressing way to go out considering how long Senba lived. If I were Gino I would have taken that chance to beat one of the memberse of the Four Holy Swords.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 19:08   Link #7038
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
I would've liked to see atleast more then one Darlton kid survive, but no matter... No such thing as right or wrong on a battlefield, just who is killed, and who walks away.
one DID survive
cant remember which, but one of them did survive past the end
Old 2010-02-10, 19:56   Link #7039
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
one DID survive
cant remember which, but one of them did survive past the end
Claudio, the brown haired one.
Old 2010-02-10, 20:02   Link #7040
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
Four holy Swords: Good, Toudou lived, why the hell didn't Naggy-isha die and Asahina and Senba live? I admired the way Urabe went out, 'nough said.

Gino is an idiot.

So is Luciano, glad he got what he deserved... Damn vampire... -mumbles-

I would've liked to see atleast more then one Darlton kid survive, but no matter... No such thing as right or wrong on a battlefield, just who is killed, and who walks away.

@Revolutionist: I absolutely agree with that Bismarck statement. Bismarck being a well-done character in his own right (Though short lived, for sorta good reasons...)

Btw: If I had Gino's knightmare, i'd be putting it to use... not hiding behind corners, waiting for KMF's to pass by so I can surprise em'.

@Knightrunner: Depressing indeed, but thats how it went. He had the better Knightmare, and used abrasive tactics to defeat his enemies. Therefore, Senba died.

Everyone has their method in KMF fighting.. like how Tamaki's is sitting still and perforating where a knightmare was
Why the sudden Nagisa hate? Just curious. I know of one person who wouldn't stand for it.

I concur on Urabe. He didn't care that Lelouch was Britannian, he went out on his own terms, and turned the tide in Lelouch and the BKs favor.