Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-11, 21:22   Link #1
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Talking Open to all suggestions

Hi just making another thread after watching most of the suggested series made last time (which i did enjoy most of them )

This time i am open to all genres and suggestions however no recommending long series such as pokemon, dbz etcetc (generally anything over 60episodes) please

anime that i have seen and rated out of 10 from how much i liked/enjoyed the series in a general scale (ie: 5=good, 7=enjoyable, 9=very enjoyable etc) please no comments on my personal ratings as i have posted in alot of the actual series' threads, leave all comments about them in their respective threads:

~Clannad 9/10
~Elfen Lied 9/10
~True Tears 8/10
~H2o: Footprints in the sand 8/10
~Ef: A tale of memories 8/10
~Myself; Yourself 8/10
~Full Metal Panic! 8/10 (includes FMP? Fumoffu and TSR)
~School days 8/10
~Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 8/10
~Lucky Star 8/10
~Kanon 2006 8/10
~Shagukan no Shana 8/10
~Shagukan no Shana II 8/10
~DaCapo 8/10
~Sola 8/10
~Mamoru Kun Ni Megami no Shukufu wo (8/10 1st half, 7/10 2nd Half)
~The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiy 8/10
~Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai 7/10
~Otome wa boku ni koishiteru 7/10
~Amaenaidey+ Amaenaidey Katsu 7/10
~This ugly yet beautiful world 7/10
~Shakugan no Shana MOVIE 7/10
~Ikki Tousen-dragon destiny 7/10
~Gundam Seed + Seed Destiny 7/10
~kimiKiss Pure rouge 7/10
~Wind:A breath of heart 7/10 (including the 3 episode long OVA)
~Gift: eternal Rainbow 7/10
~Final Approach 7/10
~Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun 7/10
~They Are my Noble Masters 7/10
~Rosario Vampire 7/10
~Nanatsuiro Drops 6/10
~REC 6/10
~Prism Ark 6/10

all suggestions are very welcome

Last edited by Taricitous; 2008-05-18 at 22:39.
Old 2008-05-11, 21:40   Link #2
jedinat

If you liked Lucky Star, I should think you'd appreciate Ichigo Mashimaro. A lot more entertaining imho, though without the otaku references. For those you might take a look at Genshiken, another nice show in the slice of life genre.

Other than that, I don't know what do recommend based on your list. Perhaps Hachimitsu to Clover. (I'd recommend Kanon (2006) but I saw that already recommended in my brief look at your other thread)
Old 2008-05-11, 22:54   Link #3
Romalokp2
ecchi, funny,harem=great

you might like welcome to NHK
Old 2008-05-12, 03:34   Link #4
Taricitous

Quote:
(I'd recommend Kanon (2006) but I saw that already recommended in my brief look at your other thread)
hehe yea it has and since it is licensed i am just waiting to get it (btw is there any significant differences in terms of plot/character between kanon 2002 and 2006?) and thankyou both for the quick replies/suggestions all looks uniquely promising will look forward in watching them

Last edited by Taricitous; 2008-05-12 at 04:07.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:14   Link #5
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
~H2o: Footprints in the sand 8/10
~School days 8/10
~Ef: A tale of memories 8/10

~Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun 7/10
~They Are my Noble Masters 7/10
~REC 6/10
I died a little inside.

Continuing:
I'll second Kanon.
Maybe Kimi ga Nozomu Eien if you enjoyed True Tears, they both have the love triangle aspect and their fair share of drama (though Kimi ga Nozomu Eien has more.)
And also Akira (it's a movie) if you liked Elfen Lied. It has a similar situation but different themes.
Hayate no Gotoku is pretty similar to Lucky Star and They Are my Noble Masters, maids and butlers and anime references.
Quote:
hehe yea it has and since it is licensed i am just waiting to get it (btw is there any significant differences in terms of plot/character between kanon 2002 and 2006?) and thankyou both for the quick replies/suggestions all 3 looks uniquely promising will look forward in watching them
Apparently, Kanon 2002 ends better than Kanon 2006 does, but Kanon 2006 has better music, animation, and pretty much everything else (I was only able to get halfway through Kanon 2002, so I'm not so well aquainted).
Old 2008-05-12, 11:46   Link #6
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I died a little inside.

Hayate no Gotoku is pretty similar to Lucky Star and They Are my Noble Masters, maids and butlers and anime references.

).

i second hayate no gotoku.. a really good show in my opinion
Old 2008-05-12, 12:36   Link #7
Taricitous

Quote:
I died a little inside.
hehe sorry but yea i thought REC was pretty random in alot of ways that just didnt make much sense/interest me, i liked the characters tho just the plot seemed a bit too much, and from what i read your not much of an EF fan haha

Quote:
Kanon 2002 ends better than Kanon 2006 does
ends better? in what way without spoilers? like a different ending?

hmmm Hayate i had a little look, seems difficult to get my hands on the complete series tho local shops and such lack resources, will check Akira now

ps thankyou for the suggestions (your last ones really helped too btw)

btw Qtip which anime series is your sig from??
Old 2008-05-13, 02:46   Link #8
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
hehe sorry but yea i thought REC was pretty random in alot of ways that just didnt make much sense/interest me, i liked the characters tho just the plot seemed a bit too much, and from what i read your not much of an EF fan haha
Wait, what?
Quote:
ends better? in what way without spoilers? like a different ending?
I don't quite know, but I've been told a time or two that it was "better", so I can't really describe it to you. Sorry.
Quote:
hmmm Hayate i had a little look, seems difficult to get my hands on the complete series tho local shops and such lack resources, will check Akira now
Since it's not licensed yet, you can actually find the torrents on animesuki's main site if you actually use it. (Apparently, a lot of people on this forum aren't aware that animesuki carries unlicensed torrents, so I thought I should tell you just in case.)
Quote:
Shana is the eponymous main character of Shakugan no Shana, and thinking back, I should have recommended it, since you'll probably enjoy it; it's a sort of action/fantasy mixed with romance/drama/school life with a touch of comedy.
Old 2008-05-13, 03:03   Link #9
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Kanon 2006 tells a much more complete story overall compared to 2002 , and after comparing the animation of the two titles you won't want to watch 2002 anyway I definitely second Kanon 2006. Plot and character-wise it is essentially the same, with some events and scenes executed a bit differently. I wouldn't worry much about the ending.

For more school romance i would suggest Canvas 2. Quite possibly my favorite visual novel adoption of said genre.

Lamune - A leisurely story about two childhood friends in a seaside town slowly advancing to more than just friends. One of the mo0st heart-warming things you will ever see.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - romance/drama/SciFi. It is short, but you will feel those 6 episodes is a time well spent.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora - romance/drama in hospital setting. Again only 6 episodes, but those are good and enjoyable 6 episodes.

For a less serious romance show with some silly vampires added in, Karin is a good shot. It is light-hearted and uplifting for the most part

If you feel like mystery/"horror", Ghost Hunt is worth giving a shot. (The uninspiring title does it no justice )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous
That is from Shakugan no Shana. Its a rather good fantasy/romance. Can't say the second season lives up to the first, but chances are good you would like it.
Old 2008-05-13, 11:47   Link #10
Taricitous

Quote:
Wait, what?
was sarcasim there lol

and regarding Kanon, i just finished it after 'applying' myself to the 24episode series and although i shouldnt really be posting this here....
Spoiler for kanon 2006:
if it is true about kanon 2002 having a different ending then i think it would really be worth it for *cough* personally preference *cough* Nayuki ending however
Quote:
I wouldn't worry much about the ending.
you kinda killed it then

(off topic: Skyfall am i correct in saying that your sig is Nayuki ? [from the quote and those blue eyes] and your dp the uniform is from kanon yes? cant really get hold on who the character is tho [Shiori im guessing but not sure because of the action])
Old 2008-05-13, 16:14   Link #11
Zippicus

I just wanted to comment on the Kanon 2002/2006 thing. They ended the same way really. There are some minor differences but the same things happen in both of them.
Old 2008-05-14, 04:49   Link #12
Taricitous

Quote:
There are some minor differences but the same things happen in both of them.
thanks for the spoiler........... *cry*
Old 2008-05-14, 18:59   Link #13
Autumn Demon
~

all school life / romance:

school rumble
karin
kareshi kanojo no jijou
hayate no gotoku
maria-sama ga miteru
shoujo kakumei utena
kimi ga nozomu eien