AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 10:59   Link #101
Joe_fh

Well true it is weired. That's why I said it doesn't have to make sense at this point. For one thing we have no idea what'a ctually in Prissy's mind right now.

Might be the other way around though Raki caried Clare's smell...but I highly doubt that for two reason - First it's not really possible and second Why would Prissy really look for Clare?

Maybe for Prissy right now it's really important to remember her life before she awakened and Clare's smell reminds her of that and on top of that it's mixed with Teresa's smell which also played an important role in Prissy's life...but I highly doubt that again.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:03   Link #102
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@haegar
Not only could Miata find Galatea by smell, she could also tell how strong warriors were just by smelling them. Maybe Priscilla has similar abilities? If Miata could smell a claymore that was inactive for a long time and from miles away at that then maybe Priscilla could sense Clare's smell on Raki?

ya I'm with you on that one... think I just misunderstood you... I thought you meant to imply that what miata smelled about clare was the same thing prissy is lookin for

they might have the same ability but that doesn't mean that miata would have percieves clare'S smell as "special" in any way...except for her smell being "one of power", just like miria's ...

edit:

as for the smell prissy is looking for: so maybe she hasn't recoverd her mind and memories yet but tries to. she's searching for something from the past but doesn't even know what it is. maybe she even forgot what made her go insane and awake. so if she returns to theresa's smell she might be able to piece together her memories od the day she went AB? maybe that part's still burried? it seems like she's tryin to retrace her steps somehow ...
Old 2010-02-01, 11:03   Link #103
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well true it is weired. That's why I said it doesn't have to make sense at this point. For one thing we have no idea what'a ctually in Prissy's mind right now.

Might be the other way around though Raki caried Clare's smell...but I highly doubt that for two reason - First it's not really possible and second Why would Prissy really look for Clare?

Maybe for Prissy right now it's really important to remember her life before she awakened and Clare's smell reminds her of that and on top of that it's mixed with Teresa's smell which also played an important role in Prissy's life...but I highly doubt that again.
It's weird in every sense of the word

I'm fine with it, if Priscilla stumbled upon them and this discovery that Claire can help her. I don't like the whole "I've been waiting for you Claire, destiny has brought us here, blah blah blah" idea though

We already have one unique scent anyway, silly to bring up another.

And yes, Claire and Raki can't hold onto eachother's scent unless they had sex. Claire wasn't born in the South, and Raki doesn't have weird-tasting blood. If Claire had some sort of scent that was unique, I'm sure we would have heard something by now.

....Well, let's wait for the translations. I'm probably ranting over nothing
Old 2010-02-01, 11:05   Link #104
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
What honestly do you expect to happen after all that's happened?

The odds of Claire fully awakening are at an all-time-high right now, but I honestly can't see that happening. Neither can I see either of them dying.

Hah! Well that settles the question of which is more important to her. No surprise there.
Not really, I mean, Raki as far as Clare knows is Safe and not in Peril, while Prissy is right in front of her. That is quite different than if Clare knew Raki was in danger and needed her help and chose to fight prissy instead.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:08   Link #105
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Clare sent on Raki makes sense. Remember the Yoma sent on Raki that Clare recognized?

Clare needs to look like Teresa to bring back Priscilla's memory.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:09   Link #106
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Why do Raki and Clare need to have had sex to have each other's scent? Maybe a kiss was enough, and they did kiss. Plus, they travelled together for a while. After that long, it shouldn't be surprising that they'd share each other's scent. And another thing. When Clare half awakened and was brought back, Raki was hugging her. Perhaps that moment was far more significant than any intimacy between the two.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:09   Link #107
Weils

SCENE 100: "Meeting with the Bitter Enemy" (仇敵邂逅)

Deneve: What...what the hell...that person, why is she able to walk normally around here?
Clare: Pris..cilla
Priscilla: I'm so hungry...all these long years...always...always...always...always I kept enduring...following this weak scent to finally come here.
Helen: What is she saying, that girl?
Priscilla: And so...who...are you?
Deneve: Clare!
(Priscilla stomps Clare)
Priscilla: Not even knowing what you are facing, can you don't die so easily?
Helen & Deneve: (referring to Priscilla crushing a pole) Impossible, she can crush that thing with one hand.
Helen: Ku...
Deneve: Don't move Helen, it's impossible for us to interfere.
Helen: That idiot, what the hell is she going mad about?
Deneve: But I feel that person's level is different from those we have encountered before.
Priscilla: Strange...from the scent it seems to be from you, but seeing you don't make me remember anything. Who are you? I thought by meeting you will enable me to regain my lost memories. However, I have no idea why I'm searching for you. Yes, from here onwards there aren't much choices to choose from.
(Helen stretches her arm to attack Priscilla but she grabs hold of it)
Priscilla: Using this arm to kill you should make me remember something.
Deneve: Clare, wait, this isn't working, that person is totally under another different level. Anyway, we should retreat and leave.
Clare: The spraying from Rafaela and Luciela is almost over, during that time you both should get as far away as possible from here. I was intending to bring down the Organization once we meet up with Miria and the rest, but now is no longer possible.
Deneve: Clare, what are you saying?
Clare: I'm sorry, I have to abandon my identity as a human.
Helen: You idiot, what are you saying, don't do this!
Helen: What about that boy, didn't you come to the west because of him?
Clare: I just wanted to meet Raki and say farewell once I find out he's safe. Now with this person in front of me, I was intending to do just that. My reason to live is to kill this bastard.
Deneve: Is Clare intending to become that thing like in Pieta?
Clare: Spraying is over, go Deneve, Helen!
Priscilla: What is this...
Clare: Gaaaaaa
(Clare slashes Priscilla all over, but is dealt a slashing blow over her body instead)
Priscilla: What is this...weren't you not supposed to awaken?

To be continued April issue.

Last edited by Weils; 2010-02-01 at 11:26.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:12   Link #108
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Ruble also told Clare she can't wash away her sent. She has been with Raki for a long time, its not hard to imagine that her sent would stay on Raki for days or weeks after they separated.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:15   Link #109
Gooral
Banned

Thank you so much Weils .
Old 2010-02-01, 11:15   Link #110
haegar
mangaviking

thx a loooooooooooooooooooooottttt for the super quick translation

edit: nevermind, first read, then ask stupid questions
Old 2010-02-01, 11:15   Link #111
Newhope

The thing is we don't know how much the Claymore's or AB senses are enhanced during there creation, they has to be some enhancement for them to be able to move and fight at the speeds they do, we do know however that dogs can still smell things weeks after they've touched something so it's not that far fetched to think an AB or even a Claymore could have a similar ability.

Edit:Seem like I was right about the memorys...
Old 2010-02-01, 11:18   Link #112
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Why do Raki and Clare need to have had sex to have each other's scent? Maybe a kiss was enough, and they did kiss. Plus, they travelled together for a while. After that long, it shouldn't be surprising that they'd share each other's scent. And another thing. When Clare half awakened and was brought back, Raki was hugging her. Perhaps that moment was far more significant than any intimacy between the two.
Because that's the only way something like a scent can rub off on a person, or stay with them for a significant while.

Scent isn't something you just share or give to someone and it stays on them forever.

Thank you very much Weis, I didn't think you would do it .

---

So now we have two important scents and Raki wasn't important at all, he was just a tour-guide

Their is the possibility like some said, I suppose that the same scent she's talking about is Raki's merely on Claire's and not something Claire has herself...but that doesn't make much sense since I've gone into that already.

It doesn't really go into the identity behind the scent.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:21   Link #113
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
SCENE 100: "Meeting with the Bitter Enemy" (仇敵邂逅)

Deneve: What...what the hell...that person, why is she able to walk normally around here?
Clare: Pris..cilla
Priscilla: I'm so hungry...all these long years...I kept enduring...following this weak scent to finally come here.
Helen: What is she saying, that girl?
Priscilla: And so...who...are you?
Deneve: Clare!
(Priscilla stomps Clare)
Priscilla: Not even knowing what you are facing, can you don't die so easily?
Helen & Deneve: (referring to Priscilla crushing a pole) Impossible, she can crush that thing with one hand.
Helen: Ku...
Deneve: Don't move Helen, it's impossible for us to interfere.
Helen: That idiot, what the hell is she going mad about?
Deneve: But I feel that person's level is different from those we have encountered before.
Priscilla: Strange...from the scent it seems to be from you, but seeing you don't make me remember anything. Who are you? I thought by meeting you will enable me to regain my lost memories. However, I have no idea why I'm searching for you. Yes, from here onwards there aren't much choices to choose from.
(Helen stretches her arm to attack Priscilla but she grabs hold of it)
Priscilla: Using this arm to kill you should make me remember something.
Deneve: Clare, wait, this isn't working, that person is totally under another different level. Anyway, we should retreat and leave.
Clare: The spraying from Rafaela and Luciela is almost over, during that time you both should get as far away as possible from here. I was intending to bring down the Organization once we meet up with Miria and the rest, but now is no longer possible.
Deneve: Clare, what are you saying?
Clare: I'm sorry, I have to abandon my identity as a human.
Helen: You idiot, what are you saying, don't do this!
Helen: What about that boy, didn't you come to the west because of him?
Clare: I just wanted to meet Raki and say farewell once I find out he's safe. Now with this person in front of me, I was intending to do just that. My reason to live is to kill this bastard.
Deneve: Is Clare intending to become that thing like in Pieta?
Clare: Spraying is over, go Deneve, Helen!
Priscilla: What is this...
Clare: Gaaaaaa
(Clare slashes Priscilla all over, but is dealt a slashing blow over her body instead)
Priscilla: What is this...weren't you not supposed to awaken?

Thanks.

I thought there would be something about Clay saying that she need to awaken to kill Priscilla.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:22   Link #114
Joe_fh

It's not weired for them to have each other's scent but we're talking a long time here. It should have faded especially in the North were Raki was held where I suppose there were a lot of smells. I don't see how it lasted so long. But that's not imposible.

And by reading the script I think that's the case as unlikely as it might seem at first.
Here's the reason why Prissy stuck with Raki and didn't eat him. At that point she had lost her memories and she recognised something familiar about the smell form Raki which actually came from Clare and smelled like Teresa. So Prissy wen on with Raki for 7 years hoping she would meat the person who's smell was on Raki. That's why she forgot all about him when she noticed the real source thus left him to the MiBs

Oh and thanks a lot for the translation^^
Old 2010-02-01, 11:23   Link #115
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Thanks Weils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Yeah! Next issue come out in March (when the April issue is released). That means it's only 28 days way!

---------------------

@Everyone was it just me or did you all find it odd that the Destroyers barrage lasts a while. My impression from the first was that it was instant but almost infinite in number. In short the first attack was a quick but large barrage, when this one was a bombardment over a protracted period.

---------------------

So, Clare is the source of the smell but Priscilla had no flashbacks. Thank god... no anime rehash with Priscilla getting all confused, is it Teresa or an impostor . This kinda implies that Priscilla wasn't smelling Teresa but a partial awakening remnant left on Raki. Too soon to confirm it yet though... since the fight isn't over and anything can happen with Clare and Priscilla being involved. So I have to wait another month to see if my thought was correct... that Clare imprinted Raki in some way when she partially awakened while he was holding her. I'll have to wait a while to see if the other part of that idea was correct too, that the imprint of the partial awakening (caused by Clare's yoki and Raki's proximity to it) is what is keeping Raki human for the moment, and that energy imprint changed something in Raki's body that makes him produce that smell even if it's very weak.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-02-01 at 11:36.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:23   Link #116
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Because that's the only way something like a scent can rub off on a person, or stay with them for a significant while.

Scent isn't something you just share or give to someone and it stays on them forever.

Thank you very much Weis, I didn't think you would do it .

---

So now we have two important scents and Raki wasn't important at all, he was just a tour-guide

Their is the possibility like some said, I suppose that the same scent she's talking about is Raki's merely on Claire's and not something Claire has herself...but that doesn't make much sense since I've gone into that already.

It doesn't really go into the identity behind the scent.
If you take care of an animal, you would smell like them, without having sex with them.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:23   Link #117
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

What did Claire mean? She never actually intended to stay with Raki? For some reason, that seems hard to believe :O

Quote:
If you take care of an animal, you would smell like them, without having sex with them.
We're not talking about a dog here, we're talking about human beings

and Claire and Raki weren't together for very long either.

Thing is, this chapter doesn't go into much detail on the identity of the scent she's talking about. We know it's from Claire, but is it hers? or Raki's? or who-evers? Doesn't make much sense either way, but the least confusing if it was Raki's.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
And by reading the script I think that's the case as unlikely as it might seem at first.
Here's the reason why Prissy stuck with Raki and didn't eat him. At that point she had lost her memories and she recognised something familiar about the smell form Raki which actually came from Clare and smelled like Teresa. So Prissy wen on with Raki for 7 years hoping she would meat the person who's smell was on Raki. That's why she forgot all about him when she noticed the real source thus left him to the MiBs
So Raki has been useless this entire time, and all the monologues and talks we had about him were for naught? and Claire/Teresa was suddenly born in the South?

Feels like one of those times where you're seeing something, but can't believe it.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:23   Link #118
Squawks
PSI you from behind

Someone who lives in Japan should record that Bang show with Yagi in it and upload it to youtube. I wanna know what he looks like and I'm sure you all want to, too.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:26   Link #119
Gooral
Banned

@Squawks
He looks like this.

Edit:
Apparently not...

Last edited by Gooral; 2010-02-01 at 11:50.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:28   Link #120
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

What if it's the scent of a half awakened one? Once again, let me emphasize the fact that Raki was holding Clare when she was awakening for the very first time. I would guess that an event such as that one would have a much deeper effect than sex or anything else. That's the kind of scent that can't be washed away very easily even in the Claymore-verse. Perhaps it washed itself away from Raki, who still had that scent quite strongly when he met Priscilla for the first time, but it stayed on Clare, that's for certain.
Closed Thread