AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-04, 19:01   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Character Discussion - Kida Masaomi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kida Masaomi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Durarara!! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-03-04, 23:31   Link #2
Kirarakim

Probably my favorite character of a very large cast. He's hilarious but I also love underneath that silly side there is a more serious/darker side to his character. It will be interesting to learn more about Kida's past as the series progresses.
Old 2010-03-05, 00:13   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kida seems like a prototypical "best friend" character in any high-school series, but there's definitely a darker side to him that we haven't been fully exposed to yet. That's one of the great things about having the multiple narrators - it really allows the writer to let you inside the head of the character, but only exactly as much as he chooses to allow.
Old 2010-03-05, 03:46   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Not my favorite, though his personality has been very fun since his first appearance, so he's been a right blast. Looking forward to learning a bit more about his dark past.
Old 2010-03-05, 08:24   Link #5
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I just want to know what he was off doing during episode 8.
Old 2010-03-05, 09:29   Link #6
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
He's hilarious but I also love underneath that silly side there is a more serious/darker side to his character. It will be interesting to learn more about Kida's past as the series progresses.
Indeed. I loved him right off the bat but was afraid he'd end up being too one-dimensional and used for comic relief only. So I was pleasently surprised when episode 5 came around and a much darker side to his character was revealed. Loved when he thought to himself "If I could help it, I'd rather not have him (Mikado) go near the darkness of this city. I also swore to myself I wouldn't go over to that side again."

His character is also pretty interesting because he sometimes acts so differently based on who he's around. He usually never shuts up when he's with Mikado but when Izaya joined them in episode 3, he instantly became very meek and introverted. And in episode 5, when he was surrounded by bullies, he seemed downright fearless. Which is why I suspect he might have some power and skills like Shizuo's strength or Izaya's knife handling.

So yeah definitely one of the characters I'm looking forward to learning more about the most.
Old 2010-03-06, 09:56   Link #7
Velsy

I cant really cant explain why I like him to be honest. Not as a best character, but he seems interesting to watch. They way hes friends with Mikado too. They seem like an interesting pair.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-06-19, 09:42   Link #8
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Long time no post here, but today is Kida's birthday so that should explain the explosion of Kida-centric art ( like here! ).
Old 2010-06-19, 10:19   Link #9
kitten320

Wow, a lot of cool pics 0_0
Old 2011-04-08, 19:23   Link #10
FireChick

My Durarara-loving girl friends LOVE Kida. Also...this is random, but does anyone else suspect that Kida MIGHT have ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)?
Old 2011-04-12, 03:19   Link #11
Korths

Where is my post?
Old 2011-04-30, 08:23   Link #12
rachelvien

Do you know what "The Best Moe Tournament" is?
"The Best Moe Tournament"(BMT) is a Korean event of determining who is the best character of the year through voting. The semifinal starts at May 2nd.

What I want to tell you now is about Durarara(DRRR) in BMT.
DRRR has only one character who goes on to the semifinals - Masaomi Kida.
Fandom of other animations made the "Anti-DRRR Union" because they were worried about the power of DRRR fandom.
As a result, the two top characters of DRRR, Izaya Orihara and Sizuo Heiwazima were eliminated from the quarterfinals.
The next aim of the "Anti-DRRR Union" is Masaomi Kida, the last runner of DRRR.
But we want to make Kida the winner of the BMT.
Waiting times before voting are about 30 minutes or less.
You can freely use this time and then just click Masaomi Kida.
Please, exercise your precious right to vote in an BMT for Masaomi Kida.

+) It will be very considerate of you if you spread this writing for Kida.

Where? http://moet.anizone.net/?Phase=VoteStage&lang=eng
When? May 3rd 00:00 ~ 23:30
Old 2011-05-24, 08:01   Link #13
Rushberry
Bang! Bang! Bang!

At first.. i claimed "KIDA MASAOMI IS MAI HUSBANDOOO"
and then saki comes..
so he is not my husbando again ..

too bad. he is perfect
Old 2011-05-30, 14:09   Link #14
Keitorin
shiny umbreon

Kida was my favorite character in this anime. I was obsessed with him for the longest time. I got jealous of Saki. o-o" lol
Closed Thread