AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-05-27, 15:54   Link #5481
WingedAccelerator

Financially the success is undeniable, as keeping the mystery open till last volume, with everyone on paper having a chance literally "paid off". Too bad it destroyed almost everything that made the readers appreciate the work and thought it's something special in the genre that stands out for good reasons. If the characters won't make a scene about obvious problems and easily make up, neither do the readers. It's really a shame. In hindsight, I hate pretty much everything beyond Chapter 50 knowing some of the resolutions and retcons.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 15:58   Link #5482
devil_slayer

The sales will likely get another boost once season 2 air.

I know most people don't like the ending but it's pretty obvious that didn't have any plans for season 2 when season 1 was airing. The anime wasn't even that good and it still got THIS popular.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 21:41   Link #5483
Chosen_Hero

Saldy, otaku will buy the shittiest of stories if it happens to have at least one well designed character, extra points if it's female and waifu material, they do this not realizing the harm they do.

Also, you have to take into account the other people that are either buying due to curiosity of the backlash, the people that still don't know about the shit ending, the newbies coming either from the anime or from recommendations and the ones that are just buying it for the one waifu among many other variables. And yet people wonder why 99.5% of mangakas don't ever seem to learn a lesson from the bad ones.
Old 2020-05-28, 00:52   Link #5484
Lex79

Well if a series like Kanojo Okarishimasu manages to be a commercial success and get an anime I'm not surprised in the slightest by these numbers.
Old 2020-05-28, 01:20   Link #5485
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well if a series like Kanojo Okarishimasu manages to be a commercial success and get an anime I'm not surprised in the slightest by these numbers.
Care to explain, if possible?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 01:22   Link #5486
WingedAccelerator

^In a nutshell, KO is terrible, but gets an anime. Pretty sure Lex hints at this.

This is like the perfect series for the COVID-19 lockdown. Only 14 volumes, which is neither too short neither too long. The last volume disappeared from the ranking, but 5toubun still has a impressive backlog time to time. It's like another 8-10k+ for all volumes from nowhere. Truth to be told, they advertised the last volume and recently there was the quints' birthday as well, while they are advertise anime events, favorite moment polls, there is the colored edition as well etc. They are trying everything in their power to make it relevant till S2.

In other news, support the Miku no Hanayome doujin on M.Dex.
Old 2020-05-28, 02:35   Link #5487
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Care to explain, if possible?
WingedAccelerator is right...it's a series with bad plot, bad characters and bad ratings on aggregator sites, yet in Japan it sells well, likely because it features lots of cute girls. Gotoubun, despite all of its flaws, is still leagues better in every aspect, and have cute girls too, so it's not surprising it's such a commercial success.
Old 2020-05-28, 02:50   Link #5488
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
^In a nutshell, KO is terrible, but gets an anime. Pretty sure Lex hints at this.

This is like the perfect series for the COVID-19 lockdown. Only 14 volumes, which is neither too short neither too long. The last volume disappeared from the ranking, but 5toubun still has a impressive backlog time to time. It's like another 8-10k+ for all volumes from nowhere. Truth to be told, they advertised the last volume and recently there was the quints' birthday as well, while they are advertise anime events, favorite moment polls, there is the colored edition as well etc. They are trying everything in their power to make it relevant till S2.

In other news, support the Miku no Hanayome doujin on M.Dex.
I have the doujin saved on my list, but haven't gotten to it. How is it? Does it do justice for Miku or just rush in to replace her in scenes?
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-28, 03:32   Link #5489
WingedAccelerator

I think it's pretty good. Above everything else, it gives closure to the rest of them, or attempts to give closure to them way better than Negi did, touching the unadressed plot points. Think of it as a revamped Volume 14. There are 3 chapters so far, the two choice chapters and Nino's closure. Next chapter planned for early June features Itsuki, while the KG plot also starts to resolve slowly, but surely, because there is a preview page of Ichika meeting Yotsuba at the swings. There is also an intersting detail about Chapter 61 used in the work, which actually could make sense, if Negi elaborated on that, but he didn't.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...SG3X_yWuQ/edit

This aside, there is a favorite moments poll. Negi voted as well, his choice is Ichika's lap pillow from Chapter 12. Time to time he says how he likes Ichika a lot, but she and Itsuki got done in the most dirtiest in my opinion.
Old 2020-05-28, 10:01   Link #5490
Chosen_Hero

^^Just read it, it's good, infinitely better than the crap Negi gave us.
Old 2020-05-29, 13:33   Link #5491
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Saldy, otaku will buy the shittiest of stories if it happens to have at least one well designed character, extra points if it's female and waifu material, they do this not realizing the harm they do.

Also, you have to take into account the other people that are either buying due to curiosity of the backlash, the people that still don't know about the shit ending, the newbies coming either from the anime or from recommendations and the ones that are just buying it for the one waifu among many other variables. And yet people wonder why 99.5% of mangakas don't ever seem to learn a lesson from the bad ones.
Well a problem is a series can start out pretty good and reason enough for people to start buying but then it can go to shit and what are people left with, is an incomplete series of books sitting there or you just finish the collection.
I bought the first load of air gear volumes cause it was pretty good but then it went to crap and i'm now left with like 6-7 volumes of a series i won't read again.
Can't be arsed reselling so most likely just gonna donate when i get the chance.
Waiting until a series is over is a option but sometimes getting early volumes can be a hassle or overly expensive.

Its a unfortunate fact that alot of manga just end up turning to crap or ending on a really bad note.
Old 2020-05-29, 17:11   Link #5492
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Its a unfortunate fact that alot of manga just end up turning to crap or ending on a really bad note.
Sort of the challenge of most stories, that don't fully conceive the ending before writing. Look at Game of Thrones and how an amazing adaption turned into a flaming pile of trash.
It also experienced much of what manga/LN writers do: a rushed job, exhaustion on the project and the inexplicable desire to say 'screw you' to the audience regarding foreshadowing.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-30, 05:24   Link #5493
WingedAccelerator

This is why hiring popular seiyuu are a thing. They just announced a puzzle game for 5toubun, where if you retweet it, you have the chance to get a signed copy from one of them. So far 3,5k replies, 87k retweets and 50k likes. The seiyuu marketing just pushes the work over and over again, where they just turn a blind eye to the atrocities and shortcomings of the manga. Kodansha heavily underestimated this waifu war, and like I said, they are now doing everything in their power to keep it relevant till S2.
Old 2021-01-05, 07:23   Link #5494
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Episode 1 of the anime is titled "Today and Kyoto's Tough Luck and Togetherness" aka Chapter 34.

Source: https://twitter.com/5Hanayome_anime/...14988622135296
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-05, 12:54   Link #5495
WingedAccelerator

Episode 1 covers 3 chapters, Chapter 33-35 based on the PV they have released.

Either huge shitpost or legit rumors, supposedly Episode 2 starts Seven Goodbyes, meaning Chapter 36-38 are in the chopping block or moved for some reason. And you know, those chapters contain the Labour Thanksgiving Tour with Yotsuba, plus Miku's confession in the living room, but the former is crucial for Yotsuba.
Also, interviews hint to some people that somehow they want to reach Sisters' War in 12 episodes based on what Ichika's seiyuu said. Takeda is also supposedly in the OP, even though he debuts close to 40 chapters later from the starting point.

Curious if huge troll or incoming shitfest.
Old 2021-01-07, 12:26   Link #5496
WingedAccelerator

Well then...

Episode 1 adapted what was expected, Chapter 33-35.
The rumors start to gain momentum, as Episode 2 is indeed Seven Goodbyes - Part 1. Takeda is also in the OP as well. Moving the Labour Thanksgiving Tour to another date makes no sense.

A Miku original ending would be awesome, but Negi sold his soul and a VN is about to be released in the same day the season finale drops. Therefore, if the pacing will be really that fast to reach Sisters' War, then I bet it ends in the same, disappointing way that Fuutarou is not gonna accept Miku's confession, but you can buy the VN and have your route among 14 possibilities. So open ending, but worse than finishing with Scrambled Eggs.
Old 2021-01-07, 16:01   Link #5497
Endless_Despair

So if the rumours are true then I think its safe to say with Yotsuba's Thanksgiving chapters being skipped and the anime ending with Sister Wars that there will be no winner in the anime. The recently announced VN for the series supposedly is released just after S2 ends so unlike the manga they are gonna leave it up to you, the player on who wins.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-07, 16:22   Link #5498
WingedAccelerator

I still don't get how adapting everything till the end of Scrambled Eggs would go against a VN. Even if they keep Yotsuba's chapters, there simply won't be more seasons, nor indications that she is the one, pretty much another open ending, and the VN takes place afterwards anyways. Bad decision in my opinion.
Old 2021-01-07, 20:04   Link #5499
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Why is the 2nd season's anime thread closed?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-07, 20:52   Link #5500
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Why is the 2nd season's anime thread closed?
My mistake. The thread is open now.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck