AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-16, 11:59   Link #161
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
I think if Soul took the time to learn, he could become effective at using his Weapon form on his own to fight. Considering the sorts of spots he and Maka have ended up in throughout the series, I can easily imagine this becoming a plot-point in the future.
If that did happen I think it would cause mental distress with Maka, because she wanted to become stronger to protect Soul, now if Soul is able to fight alone don't you think she would become insecure and think that everyone is becoming so much stronger while she stays behind and even her partner who the two were suppossed to be become stronger together gets left behind. Which in my opinion will cause a rift with the two causing something similar to when they first encountered Wolfy.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-11-16, 14:28   Link #162
lmd_84

Well, if Soul has that kind of development in mind, I think he and Maka have come far enough since the Free fight that he might not go it alone, and recognise that as his Tech Maka's thoughts on the idea really do matter.

That and I think that Maka has at least been shown (if not herself realised) that she was simply wrong in thinking that she needed brute force to become stronger (on more than one level, it just didn't work in London). Personally, I reckon her strength lies elsewhere, and that she and Soul work as a team when they can compliment one another.

But...knowing how these two aren't always open with one another, I could be wrong about them actually working together if Soul wants to learn to fight for himself.
Old 2008-11-16, 17:30   Link #163
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

I think Maka no longer thinks as her thought 'want to be stronger' in London. Yes , she wants to be stronger , but with Soul. Yet she developes a lot of ability now , that Soul Perception ability and her demon-slayer wavelength (which makes demon hunter) that makes her immune to negative spells.

About them working together , I still do think they always do so , because we know that Soul and Maka want to be stronger to protect each other (even in the last chapter Soul mention it. That for her sake , he has to be stronger)

but knowing Soul didn't tell about his family even to her partner...that would be one of their argument topics in the future -_-"
Old 2008-11-17, 13:29   Link #164
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
About them working together , I still do think they always do so , because we know that Soul and Maka want to be stronger to protect each other (even in the last chapter Soul mention it. That for her sake , he has to be stronger)

but knowing Soul didn't tell about his family even to her partner...that would be one of their argument topics in the future -_-"
But Soul isnt the type to tell his feelings so he might learn to fight alone just in case Maka and him are ever seperated or maka is incapacitated and if that ever happens he will me able to protect her. Which is why I think that they are going to have some 'You thinking you have to protect me hurts me even more' kind of talks.

Old 2008-11-17, 19:31   Link #165
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

^ Uh well yes...if they would have that kind of talk , I think that would happen. (That's why I said it'll be an argument someday) But no matter it is , Soul won't want Maka to cry (ehm..right?)

But they once had that thinking right. "Have to protect him/her no matter what" that made their wavelengths doesn't match each other. And so Maka thought she had to be strong with Soul. So , if an argument appears here , it would be Soul's fault then ^_^"

Ever thinking Soul want to change his meister in order to protect Maka?
Old 2008-11-18, 14:35   Link #166
lmd_84

Ouch. You have a point, but it's a painful idea. It would indicate a serious lack of communication between the two that Soul really found it necessary to change partners in order to protect Maka. I really think they're best off with one another.

On the subject, I've considered whether Soul would even be allowed to work with another meister. Maka got infected with the black blood due to soul resonance in the Free fight. That being the case, Soul could easily infect any other meister who wields him. I think even if Soul wanted to leave Maka, he'd consider the likelihood of the black blood affecting someone else before accepting another meister.

We don't know how much Shinigami and the staff know about Maka and Soul's situation, but given that Stein and Spirit knew it was a likely problem back in episode 8, Shinigami might not agree to Soul being used by anyone other than Maka at this point; he knows what might happen. Like other characters, Soul can pass on insanity through the black blood. And that is something Shibusen's people do not need. And I can't imagine Soul would wish it on anyone else if he had a say in the matter.
Old 2008-11-18, 15:13   Link #167
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
We don't know how much Shinigami and the staff know about Maka and Soul's situation, but given that Stein and Spirit knew it was a likely problem back in episode 8, Shinigami might not agree to Soul being used by anyone other than Maka at this point; he knows what might happen. Like other characters, Soul can pass on insanity through the black blood. And that is something Shibusen's people do not need. And I can't imagine Soul would wish it on anyone else if he had a say in the matter.
To add to that, if Soul ever feels insanity as bad as Stein feels it then he might not want to resonate with Maka and if that situation arises he needs to know how to fight alone which is why I want to see Justin mentoring him on fighting alone. Black Star can do it, the Thompson sisters can do it in conjuction with each other, I think Tsubaki can do it and

Spoiler for manga:

So it's like it is only Maka and Soul that can't fight alone and one day they will be seperated and need to fight.

Old 2008-11-18, 16:20   Link #168
lmd_84

All the more reason why Soul needs to work out whether he wants to learn to fight on his own so that he can deal with that situation (it's come up more than once, and it definitely figures in his desire to protect Maka). I'm not sure how, if at all, Maka would fair if left alone in a fight. She lacks the physical strength of other characters, and while that difference doesn't really impair her as a meister, when it comes to single combat, she's undoubtedly at a disadvantage.

One thing I've considered about Maka's future is that she might take a more detached role in missions when she's not with Soul: physical power isn't her thing, but an understanding of soul wavelengths is. Like Yumi Asuza, we could see an older Maka working on her own through strategic or similar functions when not involved in front-line combat with Soul Eater.
Old 2008-11-18, 16:37   Link #169
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
One thing I've considered about Maka's future is that she might take a more detached role in missions when she's not with Soul: physical power isn't her thing, but an understanding of soul wavelengths is. Like Yumi Asuza, we could see an older Maka working on her own through strategic or similar functions when not involved in front-line combat with Soul Eater.
Kidds gonna be the new Shinigami, the Thompson Sisters the new Death Scythes, Tsubaki the new Marie, Black Star the new Sid, Maka the new Azusa and Soul the new Justin!

Maka does seem like the scanning type but the thing is Azusa has an advantage cos she is a weapon, so she can fight and scan but Maka can't fight without Soul so she is a sitting duck if an enemy ever attacks her head on and she isn't with Soul cos she cant send her wavelength out of her hands, legs or body parts only out of Soul.

Old 2008-11-18, 16:57   Link #170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Ouch. You have a point, but it's a painful idea. It would indicate a serious lack of communication between the two that Soul really found it necessary to change partners in order to protect Maka. I really think they're best off with one another.
True, but Blair would make such a sexy scythe tech...
Old 2008-11-18, 20:37   Link #171
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

since Maka is a girl we can't help it -_-" it's obvious thst her physical power is the weakest here.

But don't forget about her 'demon-slayer' wavelength. Maka is infected by black blood , but because of her wavelength , the black blood will disappear. (This can be one reason Soul won't change his meister) and although I said that whether Soul is thinking about changing meister , I don't think that'll happen since in the very first episode , he has shown his loyality.

If we have to compare this pair with the others , yes Soul and Maka may be the weakest , if they are separated. But their bond is the strongest in my opinion , makes the resonance stronger too , and the wavelength will be amplified much more.

and ohh -- I don't think Maka will be the new Asuza. I think she fits to be a new 'Joe'
Old 2008-11-18, 21:14   Link #172
Zoe

Quote:
sand ohh -- I don't think Maka will be the new Asuza. I think she fits to be a new 'Joe'
Yup, exactly.
Old 2008-11-19, 12:32   Link #173
lmd_84

Quote:
since Maka is a girl we can't help it -_-" it's obvious thst her physical power is the weakest here.

But don't forget about her 'demon-slayer' wavelength. Maka is infected by black blood , but because of her wavelength , the black blood will disappear. (This can be one reason Soul won't change his meister) and although I said that whether Soul is thinking about changing meister , I don't think that'll happen since in the very first episode , he has shown his loyality.

If we have to compare this pair with the others , yes Soul and Maka may be the weakest , if they are separated. But their bond is the strongest in my opinion , makes the resonance stronger too , and the wavelength will be amplified much more.

and ohh -- I don't think Maka will be the new Asuza. I think she fits to be a new 'Joe'
Oh, I do think she will have the advanced Soul Perception. I made the comparison to Asuza because a) I forgot about Joe himself and b) she fits as a character who works on her own in missions without being on the front-line. Like Joe and Yumi, Maka has something her peers don't.
Old 2008-11-19, 14:01   Link #174
Zoe

Azusa's scanning is different from soul perception. Hers is telescopic in nature.
Old 2008-11-19, 15:11   Link #175
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i dont understand how they made maka such a strong character at the beginning and now she is like the weakest...? lets recap for a second... they almost made soul into a death scythe which means they had the most souls out of everybody? and now its like out of the 3 she is the weakest? its obvious if she fought black star she would lose and kid is a given.. the only way i can see her winning is if she uses the black blood with soul? other then that she just has smarts? i do hope she becomes stronger cuz its no fun watching her get her ass handed to her...
Old 2008-11-19, 15:50   Link #176
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
i dont understand how they made maka such a strong character at the beginning and now she is like the weakest...? lets recap for a second... they almost made soul into a death scythe which means they had the most souls out of everybody? and now its like out of the 3 she is the weakest? its obvious if she fought black star she would lose and kid is a given.. the only way i can see her winning is if she uses the black blood with soul? other then that she just has smarts? i do hope she becomes stronger cuz its no fun watching her get her ass handed to her...
Even with the black blood Black Star without a weapon is still deadly as his ability to use his wavelength as a weapon is suited to fight the Black Blood therefore if he uses the Fey Blade thing as well Maka with surely die. Black Star's power is probably on par with someone like Stein or Sid.

Old 2008-11-19, 15:54   Link #177
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Even with the black blood Black Star without a weapon is still deadly as his ability to use his wavelength as a weapon is suited to fight the Black Blood therefore if he uses the Fey Blade thing as well Maka with surely die. Black Star's power is probably on par with someone like Stein or Sid.
oh yea i forgot about that plus we havent seen the apperance of...

but i still think its unfair to have her really strong for like a few episodes and then make her weak...
Old 2008-11-19, 16:08   Link #178
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
oh yea i forgot about that plus we havent seen the apperance of...

but i still think its unfair to have her really strong for like a few episodes and then make her weak...
But in those episodes she was facing relatively weak opponents to make her look stronger whilst Black Star and Kidd always faced the stronger tier

Also it is kind of mean to compare Black Star and Kidd to Maka cos, Kidd is a Shinigami and Black Star

Spoiler for manga:

Old 2008-11-19, 17:20   Link #179
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

thats very true about kid.. but they made her to be a really strong meister by saying her mother was amazing...and she turns out weak but maybe it will work out later...
Old 2008-11-19, 19:12   Link #180
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
thats very true about kid.. but they made her to be a really strong meister by saying her mother was amazing...and she turns out weak but maybe it will work out later...
She isn't even near her mother's level yes Maka is talented and has potential no doubt about that but the lack of communication between Soul and Maka dulls their power in my opinion because stronger resolve and stronger bond = greater wavelength and resonance.

Tsubaki and Black Star have a great bond and communicate and understand each other same with the Thompson Sisters and Kidd and added with Kidd and Black Star's talent/power it makes them seem ultra powerful.

Closed Thread