AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 03:58   Link #881
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But the other ratings involved blowing his head off (Queen's Blade) and bashing his head against a wall (Asura Cryin'). Phantom only scored a 3 out of 5. K-On! got a 2 out of 5.
I was expecting him to give it a 1 or 1.5 since he's generally not a fan of this type of show.

The Asura Cryin' review was a bit unexpected in the amount of bashing. You know he has issues with a show if he breaks out the pictures of cute animals. I figured a score of 1, but I suppose head bashing is the equivalent.

Since his tastes are somewhat different from mine, I don't use his reviews to decide what to watch. I do like to see his thoughts on some shows for a different perspective. And I do somewhat agree with his review for K-On. Compared to other anime and similar anime, the first episode is pretty average.

That being said, I like this type of show and the music aspect is a nice plus. It's always a good thing to have a show like this every season, so K-On is definitely on my spring 2009 watch list.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:02   Link #882
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Munto was originally made years ago.
Munto TV! Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai! That was last season!

Quote:
Again, this is no worse than Haruhi. It's just different.
OK, whatever, I rest my case, if people want to worship KyoAni, by looking at half drawn stills and calling them art that we unfortunate plebians do not understand, I'll stick to other threads.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:02   Link #883
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Wow. I feel so alone. I actually like the character design here (as well as for Munto) more compared to KyoAni's more well-known shows (i.e. Haruhi, Clannad, etc); the characters in this show look less "bug-eyed" which always used to appall me. I use the term 'like' there very loosely though. Heh.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:05   Link #884
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Munto TV! Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai! That was last season!
Yes. I know. You're complaining about art that was reused from a fairly old OVA series.

Quote:
OK, whatever, I rest my case, if people want to worship KyoAni, by looking at half drawn stills and calling them art that we unfortunate plebians do not understand, I'll stick to other threads.
It's not the stills. Haruhi's stills could be crap too. It's the way it's animated. Also the PRETTY SCENERY.

Very few studios today are as good at animation as KyoAni. Also, people put too much stock into art quality today anyway for some reason.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:06   Link #885
Rainisu
Banned

When I watched this anime for the first time, it was more than cute characters and an interesting plot for me. It was a reflection of what I wanted to do in life. I still want to become a guitarist/singer in Japan.

Rainisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:08   Link #886
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Very few studios today are as good at animation as KyoAni. Also, people put too much stock into art quality today anyway for some reason.
Unless it is going to churn out something like Claymore (with both art and storyline), I would rather stick to low end animation. LIKE THE UPCOMING MAZINGER!

Besides, it is how the artwork that inspire the H-doujinshis that count right?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:09   Link #887
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Besides, it is how the artwork that inspire the H-doujinshis that count right?
Uh. Sure. Let's go with that.
Old 2009-04-05, 04:11   Link #888
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
You do realize that is what is supposed to happen when you use bayesian estimators and by the way with such a small sample any mathematical estimation is useless
About the current ANN rankings, as Malkuth stated, that small of a sampling is going to give you that type of result for Bayesian estimates. It's like asking one person coming out of a Republican polling place who he's going to vote for President and then using that result to predict the eventual winner. Kaioshin, are you trying to game the system by having all the people in this thread to go there and perfect vote it up to the top?

Quote:
And by the way this chaste-moe-stuff is the Queen's Blade for the innocent and untainted minds
Crap, I'm supposed to be innocent and have an untainted mind?
Old 2009-04-05, 04:12   Link #889
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Wow. I feel so alone. I actually like the character design here (as well as for Munto) more compared to KyoAni's more well-known shows (i.e. Haruhi, Clannad, etc); the characters in this show look less "bug-eyed" which always used to appall me. I use the term 'like' there very loosely though. Heh.
To be fair, the designs of mentioned shows were mimicking the original ones (Key's style for Clannad, Kanon and Air, and Noizi Itoh's for Haruhi). If Little Busters gets animated, you will see a departure from the usual Key's style because it is like that in the game too.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:14   Link #890
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To be fair, the designs of mentioned shows were mimicking the original ones (Key's style for Clannad, Kanon and Air, and Noizi Itoh's for Haruhi). If Little Busters gets animated, you will see a departure from the usual Key's style because it is like that in the game too.
The eyes are still enormous though.
Old 2009-04-05, 04:18   Link #891
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
Crap, I'm supposed to be innocent and have an untainted mind?
This depends on your reaction to the deleted scenes from Yakin Byoutou, if you found them repulsive, then yes you are a certified innocent and untainted mind
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:23   Link #892
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainisu View Post
When I watched this anime for the first time, it was more than cute characters and an interesting plot for me. It was a reflection of what I wanted to do in life. I still want to become a guitarist/singer in Japan.

Heck just learning to play the guitar would be enough for me. And I suck at Guitar Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
KyoAni adds their spin on the designs if you compare the other versions from different studios of the shows that they've produced (Kanon, Air, even FMP). Toei's Kanon isn't less or more faithful to the original, just different.
Old 2009-04-05, 04:36   Link #893
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I torn choosing between K-On! or Chrome Shelled Regios chracters to become my new avatar.
Old 2009-04-05, 04:41   Link #894
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I've always wondered this but i always forget to ask after i watch an anime episode.

From what i interpret, sports teams and clubs are all classified as "clubs".

So are japanese kids limited to only joining one club? Does that mean they can;t play multiple sports in high school? That seems kind of weak....
Old 2009-04-05, 04:55   Link #895
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
I've always wondered this but i always forget to ask after i watch an anime episode.

From what i interpret, sports teams and clubs are all classified as "clubs".

So are japanese kids limited to only joining one club? Does that mean they can;t play multiple sports in high school? That seems kind of weak....
I (completely) guess that modest high schooler in Japan often want to choose one club and devoted their spare time to their club. I don't think the school would restrict you if you really want to do more than one (but club leader probably will try to persuade you to drop one so you can concentrate more in their club).

Then i remember read it somewhere that more members allows you to have more funds from schools, so maybe there are strict rules against the case when group of students go around and sign up in 10 clubs just so they have more numbers

That's probably why the girl in K-on can only join one club and needs 4 members or their clubs will be closed down (space+fund to other clubs)
Old 2009-04-05, 05:31   Link #896
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post

KyoAni adds their spin on the designs if you compare the other versions from different studios of the shows that they've produced (Kanon, Air, even FMP). Toei's Kanon isn't less or more faithful to the original, just different.
I'll not deny that. Their designs from Munto to Clannad and K-on have a little "je-ne-sais-quoi" that screams, "this is KyoAni".

Now on K-On, I would like to see how they will deliver the part with the teacher. I am satisfied with how they did it with Krauser. In the 4koma, it got a chuckle from me at most.
Old 2009-04-05, 05:46   Link #897
CWW
Lurker

You guys are really hyping up the teacher. I'll be disappointed if she turns out to be anything but a rock goddess.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 06:10   Link #898
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
You guys are really hyping up the teacher. I'll be disappointed if she turns out to be anything but a rock goddess.
She is not. She is... Something else.
Old 2009-04-05, 06:22   Link #899
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I would like to remind you all that this thread is solely destined for the anime adaption of K-On!. If you have some expectations regarding the adaptation of scenes from the 4koma manga which aren't shown yet, please rather use the manga thread for the time being (certainly not as good as our usual "expectations for spoiled people" thread, but better than nothing).

For the moment, the thread follows the usual spoiler rules, and any spoiler from the manga will be deleted.
Old 2009-04-05, 06:26   Link #900
animekritik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I would like to remind you all that this thread is solely destined for the anime adaption of K-On!. If you have some expectations regarding the adaptation of scenes from the 4koma manga which aren't shown yet, please rather use the manga thread for the time being (certainly not as good as our usual "expectations for spoiled people" thread, but better than nothing).

For the moment, the thread follows the usual spoiler rules, and any spoiler from the manga will be deleted.
thanks, i was actually gonna make a comment about that. No spoilers from the Manga please. I'll be reading it AFTER each episode.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen