AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-02, 09:43   Link #201
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylse View Post
o-o *thinks that black looks better with gold* guess i'll just have to see
well black can also have different shades so i guess it's best to compare them directly when buying the materials
Old 2009-10-02, 13:31   Link #202
Luna Selene
BEST MOM AWARD

Send a message via AIM to Luna Selene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ylse View Post
o-o *thinks that black looks better with gold* guess i'll just have to see
I agree. For my Beatrice gown, I'm using a black dupioni silk for the dark sections of the dress. It looks nicer than the dark browns I was looking at (mostly high quality silks, like dupioni and taffeta. I also looked at a few dull satins). Not to mention it doesn't have too much shine and it looks very pretty, and not too stark against the burgundy underskirt and gold trim, when photographed.

And for the question about my pipe, I bought it off of ebay for about $10 not including shipping. Just search under "chinese pipe" and you should find something.
Old 2009-10-04, 18:53   Link #203
Rinoafox

Send a message via AIM to Rinoafox Send a message via Yahoo to Rinoafox
My Erika Furudo and Maria Ushiromiya cosplays ^.^
Spoiler for images:
Old 2009-10-05, 02:40   Link #204
Jaymer

Hey.
Well today I photoshooted Saerianne as Beatrice for the second time XD
Aaand these are the products;
Spoiler for Beatrice:

You looked awesome today Sae <3
Old 2009-10-07, 15:17   Link #205
vdaysnowstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoafox View Post
Spoiler for images:

KYAAAAAAAAAAA so CUTE!!!
Old 2009-10-08, 01:16   Link #206
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Send a message via Yahoo to Bernks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Selene View Post
Hey everyone! I ended up cosplaying as suit Beatrice to Anime Weekend Atlanta 2009 last weekend. Despite the fact I have a full Rosa costume, with shotgun, sitting in my closet. Ah well.

Regardless, here are some pictures. I definitely intend on fixing that wig and the skirt hem before wearing this costume again. I'm eager to post more in this thread too, most likely after Halloween when I'll have more Umineko costume pictures.

This one is so epic it doesn't get a cut, though. xD

This Battler was the only other Umineko cosplayer I found at AWA 2009! And of course, this time was the only time I ran into him that day.

Thanks for looking! I've got a couple more on my facebook and livejournal pages. I'm also planning gown Beatrice for Halloween (I've got the fabric already! It's being sewn for me but so far, the pattern and fabric are just beautiful!), Virgilia for a one day anime event in November, and Rosa for...whenever a friend makes her Maria costume. Hopefully I can see some of you at a future convention!
Battler here, Im still amazed I found another Umineko cosplayer there, none the less a Beato.

So you are going to Atlanta Anime Day as Virgilia?! Wow, cant wait to see that.
Dont know if I am going to go as anything just yet. George is a possibility. Still have Battler in the closet waiting for some more work, but I dont know if I should go twice as him

Also thought I would add another picture I couldnt pass up to get taken.(I really need to work on my pose more)
Spoiler for OBJECTION?!:
Old 2009-10-08, 02:15   Link #207
Luna Selene
BEST MOM AWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernks View Post
Battler here, Im still amazed I found another Umineko cosplayer there, none the less a Beato.

So you are going to Atlanta Anime Day as Virgilia?! Wow, cant wait to see that.
Dont know if I am going to go as anything just yet. George is a possibility. Still have Battler in the closet waiting for some more work, but I dont know if I should go twice as him

Also thought I would add another picture I couldnt pass up to get taken.(I really need to work on my pose more)
Spoiler for OBJECTION?!:
Oh hey! AWA Battler! Nice to see you here!

I'll either do Virgilia or gown!Beatrice...as I'm doing her gown for Halloween. I think it'll depend if Virgilia gets done or not (I hope so!). Either way, I'll wear something Umineko related. I hope you do too! As we'd probably be the only Umineko cosplayers there.

...and the Edgeworth and Battler picture fills me with joy. You've got my favorite Ace Attorney character and Battler. In the same shot.
Old 2009-10-08, 22:48   Link #208
Bernks
Twenty Wedges

Send a message via Yahoo to Bernks
Ok, I think I have decided, gonna go as
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Just need to make a cape and one of those magic swords...ugh.

Any advice on making one of those swords? Not a clue where to start to make it stable enough to carry around easily.
Old 2009-10-08, 23:16   Link #209
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps some heavy cardboard painted red, blue, or gold, in the rough frame shape of the glowing parts of the sword, and then have it all laminated. Cut to shape and either craft a hand hold, or a wrist attachment? Maybe use a light wood for the frame to make it slightly sturdier.
Old 2009-10-09, 00:20   Link #210
Luna Selene
BEST MOM AWARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernks View Post
Ok, I think I have decided, gonna go as
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Just need to make a cape and one of those magic swords...ugh.

Any advice on making one of those swords? Not a clue where to start to make it stable enough to carry around easily.
Well, now I really want to wear Beatrice to Atlanta Anime Day. XD Thanks for deciding that problem for me!

About the swords, I'd say either wonderflex (bendable plastic sheeting) or a thick (like 1/2 inch thick) foamcore board. Both can be painted, I think. I believe cosplaysupplies.com sells wonderflex, too.
Old 2009-10-11, 03:13   Link #211
Psychopathic Otaku
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Psychopathic Otaku
Wow. All these Cosplay are really good ^w^
Old 2009-10-14, 10:13   Link #212
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoafox View Post
Spoiler for images:
That's a very done cosplay!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:45   Link #213
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
So, my cosplay is finally done. And I should say that I never rushed so much to finish something. I spend the last week making the hat, I'll NEVER make a so complicated cosplay again =<

....ok, but I really liked the final result, heh, next Umineko cosplay will be 410

Ah, please ignore the pose and the expression, it's just that's the only photo that I have that shows the complete costume >XD
nah, forget it, I found another one:

Old 2009-10-19, 10:08   Link #214
Tsuyi

I'm going to be Maria for Halloween this year~ Though I'd like to ask, how does everyone put the one-winged eagle crest on their costumes? I was thinking of just using T-shirt transfer...but then it won't be shiny/gold xD I'm also wondering if a stencil + spray paint would work?
Old 2009-10-19, 10:22   Link #215
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I sewed it on it.
Old 2009-10-19, 10:29   Link #216
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I sewed it on it.
Pics, maybe? xD I'm scared that I'll mess up the shape if I sew it on :< Are you talking about cutting it out of a piece of fabric and sewing it, or using bias tape?
Old 2009-10-19, 10:41   Link #217
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Pics not avaiable since I never wore it since I never went to a convention with it (due sickness)
(Not even mentioning that I have to do it again since...it is a bit to large for me now and would look funny)

I searched for a nice piece of fabric and hand-sewed on it..though when I redo it I might just sew it on it (no fabric and stuff)
Old 2009-10-19, 11:18   Link #218
ameskitty
Kupo

I used fabric paint and a stencil made from a vectorized version of the anime wing for Jessica's jacket. I actually colored the whole thing in and then used rubbing alcohol and some q-tips to rub out the outline. Took forever but it had a really cool gradient effect as a I got lazy near the edges . (hint: if you want to do this do NOT layer on the paint like I did, stick to two layers )

If you want me to upload the vector I used I could do that .

(pics not available yet 'cause my friend has them/none of them are really good because my skirt was fail XD...maybe I'll get a pic of just the jacket - which is unfortunately back at home - sometime or when I go to AI *next* year with a new skirt)

EDIT: Also remember to put something like newspaper in the sleeve/wherever you're painting the wing so the paint doesn't leak to the other side - I almost forgot until my mom reminded me and I'm really glad I did .

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A

Last edited by ameskitty; 2009-10-19 at 11:47.
Old 2009-10-19, 12:44   Link #219
Tsuyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
I used fabric paint and a stencil made from a vectorized version of the anime wing for Jessica's jacket. I actually colored the whole thing in and then used rubbing alcohol and some q-tips to rub out the outline. Took forever but it had a really cool gradient effect as a I got lazy near the edges . (hint: if you want to do this do NOT layer on the paint like I did, stick to two layers )

If you want me to upload the vector I used I could do that .

(pics not available yet 'cause my friend has them/none of them are really good because my skirt was fail XD...maybe I'll get a pic of just the jacket - which is unfortunately back at home - sometime or when I go to AI *next* year with a new skirt)

EDIT: Also remember to put something like newspaper in the sleeve/wherever you're painting the wing so the paint doesn't leak to the other side - I almost forgot until my mom reminded me and I'm really glad I did .
By AI do you mean AnimeIowa? o.o You're the Jessica from A.I? :0

Yeah, I was planning on vectoring the crest xD thanks for offering your vector, but I think Maria's is still a little different from Jessica's. Whaa D: the leaking thing makes sense, I was stupid, and already sewed on the lining of the corset xD; O-Oh well...I suppose you can't see the inside even if the paint does bleed through >.> I like this idea though, thanks~
Old 2009-10-19, 13:12   Link #220
ameskitty
Kupo

OMG yesss~. What a small but awesome group that was.

Who were you on the forums (or were you at the meetup thing at all)? XD We'll have to organize an actual panel or something for next year.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Closed Thread