AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-30, 19:28   Link #41
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirusRiddler View Post
I never insinuated that. They literally stuffed the "ballots" with their votes with the 20+ Saki characters that were in the tournament. It wasn't hard for a Saki character to get far.
"Ballot stuffing" refers to the tactic of submitting multiple votes from a single voter. That's why I though you were accusing the Saki fanbase of cheating. The tactic you are describing is not ballot stuffing.

Trying to get a bunch of characters into the main tournament doesn't really help you win. Low tier characters have no chance of winning and pretty much no chance of sniping anyone. Sniping didn't even really matter that much last year. Toki directly faced her top non-Saki competition (Akaza Akari) and won.
Old 2013-06-30, 19:57   Link #42
SirusRiddler
Mari-nyan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
"Ballot stuffing" refers to the tactic of submitting multiple votes from a single voter. That's why I though you were accusing the Saki fanbase of cheating. The tactic you are describing is not ballot stuffing.

Trying to get a bunch of characters into the main tournament doesn't really help you win. Low tier characters have no chance of winning and pretty much no chance of sniping anyone. Sniping didn't even really matter that much last year. Toki directly faced her top non-Saki competition (Akaza Akari) and won.
Okay. I wasn't really being that serious. But thank you.

"Choose your own legacy, it's for you to decide." - Solid Snake
Old 2013-06-30, 20:13   Link #43
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
As you wish. Yes, SAO and Mahouka outsold it (as did Hataraku Maou-sama), but nothing else. Oreimo isn't even in the top 20. (Note: this is up till May 2013, before Oreimo's last volume came out, so there may be some changes since then, but these were the most accurate figures I could find.)

Other than the light novel originals, of course there's manga originals like Saki and K-On! and anime originals like Madoka (any heavyweights that are visual novel originals?), otherwise Asuna Yuuki would be hogging #1, which obviously isn't happening.
I really don't see how much that ranking mean. LN tend to get a temporary boost in sales when it's animated, especially when it's series that was not ultra well-known (Aka anything outside of SAO, Toaru, and Retto-sei, and Retto-sei being the only series that doesn't have an anime (yet) to boost sale). Looking at that chart, #3 Maou-sama is classic case of "Anime boosting LN sale", so is #6 (Mondaiji) and #7 (Oregairu). Hack, Sakurasou and Henneko are both on that chart, doesn't mean they'll really go anywhere (Although for a different reason).

And with Saki last year, quite frankly, the competition is just not that strong. Yes, there's Daimaou Saki win over Kobato, Buchou > Kuuko (But then, this is Kuuko from S1...) are the only two "undeserving" win IMO.

Oh well, prelim results will tell where each series is and whether a girl even have half a chance of going anywhere...

Last edited by ion475; 2013-06-30 at 20:26.
Old 2013-06-30, 21:57   Link #44
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I really don't see how much that ranking mean. LN tend to get a temporary boost in sales when it's animated, especially when it's series that was not ultra well-known (Aka anything outside of SAO, Toaru, and Retto-sei, and Retto-sei being the only series that doesn't have an anime (yet) to boost sale). Looking at that chart, #3 Maou-sama is classic case of "Anime boosting LN sale", so is #6 (Mondaiji) and #7 (Oregairu). Hack, Sakurasou and Henneko are both on that chart, doesn't mean they'll really go anywhere (Although for a different reason).

And with Saki last year, quite frankly, the competition is just not that strong. Yes, there's Daimaou Saki win over Kobato, Buchou > Kuuko (But then, this is Kuuko from S1...) are the only two "undeserving" win IMO.

Oh well, prelim results will tell where each series is and whether a girl even have half a chance of going anywhere...
True that. However, looking from a Saimoe perspective, it also means that if a series is more well-known and popular (anime adaptations being one of the causes), people are also more likely to pick that character in Saimoe, and that's all that matters in this tournament. So stuff like Hataraku Maou-sama! and Date A Live being more recent anime, will be fresher in the memories of the fans, which means that these series at least have this edge in this perticular Saimoe. Though yes, future Saimoe performances depend on their staying power.

If Mahouka had an anime I think its light novel sales would easily match or even outsell SAO's.
Old 2013-07-01, 01:48   Link #45
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Too bad she comes in WAY too late to be a factor anyway. Hayate is not even half of what it was.
Mind you Nagi was teamkilled by another Kugyuu last year who went on to lose in the quarterfinals to the eventual champion. They still have it in them.

On another note this marks the return of the Seitokai no Ichizon girls, including former quarter finalist and current resident of my profile picture since at least 2011, Shiina Mafuyu. Season 2 sales probably didn't help their chances though.
Old 2013-07-01, 16:07   Link #46
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Mind you Nagi was teamkilled by another Kugyuu last year who went on to lose in the quarterfinals to the eventual champion. They still have it in them.

On another note this marks the return of the Seitokai no Ichizon girls, including former quarter finalist and current resident of my profile picture since at least 2011, Shiina Mafuyu. Season 2 sales probably didn't help their chances though.
For SeiZon...it just hurts that S2 was released as online only before it's released on TV (By that time no one cares). The LN still sales pretty good but sadly, their time has passed...

As for Nagi, I never count her out, but it's just hard to imagine how long Kugyu and Hayate fan can hold out with the series going down the drain. But then, Nagi did finished 2nd twice....
Old 2013-07-05, 03:52   Link #47
uis

Saimoe taimu.

It is kinda hard to beat Saki fans because they are the loyal and big general on /a/ and futaba. Saki fans also have 3 different general thread on 2ch too.

Anyway some of them agreed to support Hentai Toki for saimoe and focus on 2014 instead. Lets see if this happen.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-07-05, 12:46   Link #48
RJ TAYLER

Speaking of next year. WARNING: The Maidens have arrived/qualified yet again. How it will affect things who will know but an interest will continue into tournament XIII for me at least.
Old 2013-07-05, 15:10   Link #49
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Speaking of next year. WARNING: The Maidens have arrived/qualified yet again. How it will affect things who will know but an interest will continue into tournament XIII for me at least.
They would also face the MadoMagis next year too thanks to Madoka movie coming out in October.
Old 2013-07-05, 15:45   Link #50
chaosprophet

One problem is if the people organizing it would still have interest one year from now. This year management already looks slower at deciding and updating things. Also the number of nominated characters this year seems to be around 2000-2100, 1000 less than previous year. While it is likely not a loss, it should mean people listed less backgrounds characters this year than previous, it is likely another effect of interest dwindling from their side.

Even if they still want to keep with the foreign blocking thing, then I hope they are able to get more Japanese to vote somehow... there should be enough moe fans there of all kinds.
Old 2013-07-05, 18:48   Link #51
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did the Rozen Maidens make it into the time period?
Old 2013-07-05, 19:50   Link #52
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

nope, pre-July only anime.

too bad through
Old 2013-07-06, 08:56   Link #53
AP24

Saki characters participate again this year because of Achiga-hen OVA episodes released in the past year. They will participate again next year because Saki National arc comes out April 2014. I hope they won't dominate again this year. Last year was the last for the Kugyuu characters dominating and now Nagi is the only one left. I wonder who will dominate this year.
Old 2013-07-06, 10:46   Link #54
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Saki characters participate again this year because of Achiga-hen OVA episodes released in the past year. They will participate again next year because Saki National arc comes out April 2014. I hope they won't dominate again this year. Last year was the last for the Kugyuu characters dominating and now Nagi is the only one left. I wonder who will dominate this year.
Probably Girls und Panzer will dominate or maybe Love Live (due to I keep seeing a lot of Love Live related posts in 2ch's saimoe thread). For Kugyuu faction I think they might pay attention to other Kugyuu characters like Iori of IM@S since they seemed to do that with Lotte in 2011 when Taiga, Shana, Louise, nor Nagi was eligible. I think Saki got enough antis to the point they can't dominate again.
Old 2013-07-06, 11:43   Link #55
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

It remains to be seen if there is a winner faction that can reach the crown again. One achievement that no faction or character has yet attained: become a repeat champion. Will this be the year? If faction domination is yet an issue again, it might be a little bit more likely. Though more recent results suggest most factions that already won face a "champion penalty" from voters that greatly weakens them especially the year after they win.

We'll see if this holds true for the Saki faction this year as Toki's reign comes to a close. The MadoMagi faction also took the tournament by storm in 2011, but after a 1 year hiatus, who knows how much strength they've lost (or gained now that Homura's back in the game).
Old 2013-07-06, 16:48   Link #56
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

And the sad fact is I still don't have a site listing for AST'13 aside from the one organizing the entries.
Old 2013-07-06, 19:31   Link #57
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
And the sad fact is I still don't have a site listing for AST'13 aside from the one organizing the entries.
The code Generator seems to be this link http://rose-lilac.sakura.ne.jp/code/index.html

Also I finished translating what seems to be the final contestants list. If anyone happen to find any error, please let me know.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:09   Link #58
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Also I finished translating what seems to be the final contestants list. If anyone happen to find any error, please let me know.
I think that's just a list of contestants that have been nominated. They still need to validate their entries before the official tournament starts in early August.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:39   Link #59
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I think that's just a list of contestants that have been nominated. They still need to validate their entries before the official tournament starts in early August.
The list I used to make the translation was the one that already got validated. Where they give an OK or not to each entry. And on the list I posted is only the ones that were accepted, I took out the ones that weren't. They may still make some small changes, but that's likely not to change much.
Old 2013-07-07, 18:57   Link #60
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
If anyone happens to find any error, please let me know.
Elsie is listed twice in english, one of those should be Diana.

On another note, Kagami and Konata are eligible via cameos. Usually that doesn't work out well, but they're there.

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament