AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-23, 10:38   Link #3941
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Do we know how HxH has been doing in its new timeslot? I'm really hope they'll adapt the manga to the end (well, the current "end").
Old 2013-12-24, 04:54   Link #3942
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
How often does a show even get canceled in the middle of a story arc? I mean for example our hero is about to get killed, and then suddenly LOLNOPE CANCELED. How often does that even happen?
I can remember a few long-running shonen adaptations that ended suddenly or in the middle of an arc. Off the top of my head, Slam Dunk finished right when the nationals were about to start. Dragonquest - Dai no Daibouken rushed to a conclusion after a big revelation, i believe Flame of Recca did the same. And wasn't Fairy Tail wrapped like that recently? Even though there's always rumors of it resuming, nothing happened yet.
It feels more unusual these days because long-running anime is getting more and more scarce.

That said, i doubt HXH is ending in January, that would be weird scheduling. Entering January likely means it got itself another cour.
I'm expecting it to end in either March or June, and the latter would be enough to cover even the next arc, just keeping the current pacing of 3 chapters/episode. 24/25 episodes can cover everything left very comfortably.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 06:45   Link #3943
Dextro
He Without a Title

Yhep, Fairy Tail stopped smack in the middle of an arc. I don't think it's particularly unusual to stop a popular adaptation when the raw material ends suddenly leaving almost no room for a proper conclusion.
Old 2013-12-24, 13:44   Link #3944
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
How often does a show even get canceled in the middle of a story arc? I mean for example our hero is about to get killed, and then suddenly LOLNOPE CANCELED. How often does that even happen?
BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO stopped for being "too violent".

Elfen Lied stopped before the really great parts has started.

First part of Genshiken didn't cover all the manga.

No Revenge arc in Rurouni Kenshin anime.

Still waiting for Spice & Wolf third season...
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 17:30   Link #3945
MCAL

Hunter x Hunter... 2014... Sh*t's gonna go down and its gonna be big. I can feel it in my soul.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 18:06   Link #3946
Diveman

finally the part we have been waiting for, as a manga reader I couldn't wait for this day to get animated, all I can do now is watch the events unfold!!!
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 19:34   Link #3947
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Ya this last episode was a little excessive in that we already had a great set up to the action last week, but later on we will be glad for the info that was presented in this episode. Still that said I was disappointed that it dragged as much as it did. The first episode in a while where I wasn't just enthralled while watching it.

That said, hold on to your hats, the next episodes for a while are going to be action packed.
Old 2013-12-24, 19:50   Link #3948
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was a little bit of an awkward moment when they decided to play comedic music in the scene where the gang hypothesized Palm being raped. -__-

But otherwise it was another nice set up episode. One of the things that's great about this arc is its ability to handle multiple factors in accurately portraying a rapidly changing and fluid situation. In most other shows, even the most well developed villians are ultimately no more than characters designed to be seen as what their relation is to the main character. But in Mel and the Chimera ants, Togashi has truly created antagonists that are characters of their own. It's as if they never got the memo and think they're the real protagonists. Which is exactly how a villian would act.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 22:18   Link #3949
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO stopped for being "too violent".

Elfen Lied stopped before the really great parts has started.

First part of Genshiken didn't cover all the manga.

No Revenge arc in Rurouni Kenshin anime.

Still waiting for Spice & Wolf third season...
Yeah, but most of those are not the same. Elfen Lied/Genshiken/Spice and Wolf were short series, they rarely cover the entire source. If we list every one/ two cour animes that didn't adapt the original source to the end, that would take days.
Those adaptations were supposed to end where they ended. Rurouni Kenshin ended after fillers, nothing was interrupted.

Now Bobobo is comparable to the ones i've mentioned, since it was a long-running shonen that ended suddenly for external reasons. I also avoided mentioning stuff like Reborn! or D Gray man because while they ended before the manga, they didn't cut short the arcs they were covering. It would be like HxH covering up to ch.339, which is a decent point to finish.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 03:19   Link #3950
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Btw, on the last episode... I loved how they said it was 7 minutes before the beginning of the attack and the following scene ACTUALLY took 7 minutes.

Must be the first shonen ever to actually have sense of time .

(and too bad that the preview spoiled the presence of "that" person)

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 09:57   Link #3951
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 110-
Spoiler for part 1:

-----------
Spoiler for part 2:
Old 2013-12-25, 09:59   Link #3952
ookamigirl

The plot is certainly moving forward.
It's weird that King has an identity crisis.
Something is definitely going on with him.
Komugi must have triggered some kind of change inside him.
Seems like he's growing emotionally.
Hm... so even the palace has its weak spots.
Guess it's impossible to monitor every single corner of the place.
Hunters are making big plans, but they're still just plans.
Can't wait for the action to start!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 11:37   Link #3953
Arkeus

Quote:
So even if it got batter range and control, but can't pass solid objects? I think Zeno wins the contest. Smaller range, but it works through solid structure.
You misunderstood what it was saying- Neferpitou said that IF the king forbid her/him/it to use EN for the palace, this would mean someone could attack from under the palace (basically, Pitou needs to be able to use EN in the palace in order to go underground the palace, as it needs to go through the palace to go underground it).

Also, it's pretty obvious Pitou's EN can go through solid structure, given it goes through the palace walls just fine.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 12:11   Link #3954
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The question is, can En even go through large amounts of dirt? If they're digging a tunnel, one might not detect it and the people it contains until it's close to the surface.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 14:30   Link #3955
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
You misunderstood what it was saying- Neferpitou said that IF the king forbid her/him/it to use EN for the palace, this would mean someone could attack from under the palace (basically, Pitou needs to be able to use EN in the palace in order to go underground the palace, as it needs to go through the palace to go underground it).

Also, it's pretty obvious Pitou's EN can go through solid structure, given it goes through the palace walls just fine.
But can't it go like a hollow sphere and go in the ground while leaving the inside empty?
Old 2013-12-25, 15:36   Link #3956
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
But can't it go like a hollow sphere and go in the ground while leaving the inside empty?
Fair point. Well, it can do that as long as it's still connected to Pitou's body, I guess, and in a sense it's what it's going to do - only with the first floor rather than the underground. But Pitou was also worried about other ants on their side being controlled with Nen, and wanted to be sure that no one did that either. So it makes sense that she'd want to keep the whole first floor under control.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 21:07   Link #3957
Arkeus

Quote:
You are talking about a half-sphere though- a hollow sphere would be making the place underneath the palace still empty. and a half-sphere has the problem of her EN not being there to touch the ground.

Unless you are saying 'they would still need to go from outside the palace', but i doubt that Pitou's nen can go for miles of solid rock. While it can probably go through earth/rock, it probably loses a lot of effectivness/strength, and as such digging far enough underground and coming up under the hollow sphere should be possible.
Old 2014-01-07, 14:33   Link #3958
MCAL

Well that wiped the near-perpetual smirk off Pitou's face...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 14:41   Link #3959
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well that wiped the near-perpetual smirk of Pitou's face...
But Pitou was so happy for a moment!
Old 2014-01-07, 14:54   Link #3960
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen