AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-28, 16:52   Link #461
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Man, I really liked the first half of this anime when it was focusing on the storyline and one girl. Then it started going downhill once it started checking off the girls one by one per episode. Don't get me wrong, they all had nice endings, but at the same time it's like "Well, that's her done, on to the next one!" and that's the last we see from them. I wanted to see more development from one of the relationships, not 5 different ones that made me feel sorry for all of them because in the end the main character could only be with one and we all saw how nice everyone was with him.
Old 2013-06-28, 17:46   Link #462
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post

It would be nice if they will release OVA's with a more detailed treatment - maybe a 50-60 minute unfolded dose per heroine that builds on and expands this all too brief and imo hasty sketch?
An After story would be good too
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 20:53   Link #463
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh this wasnt done right one episode per girl besides Haruka Niimi and to end it out the sister route hope for Yuuko

5/10 there better be an ova for Yuuko
Old 2013-06-29, 01:03   Link #464
novalysis

After the final episode, I think I can understand the hostility alot of people have towards Imouto routes. However, it was extremely predictable, and therefore a little painful to watch.

I would rather have had the Stealth Photographer centric episode. Did she had a route in the VN? She seems like the biggest enigma and one of the most interesting characters in Photo Kano, but it's a shame the anime keeps teasing us with, but never delves into her back-story.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 02:59   Link #465
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

That was a horrendous final episode. It touched every imouto cliche in the book (one-time early and generic development scene, creepy slow attachments, and the revelation that they're not blood-related to winch it shut), and it was actually grating to watch overall.

And damn, did the animation team just waste their budget on refilling the alcohol fridges? Whenever people move in this episode, their faces stretch like it was done in Microsoft Paint. It's actually chillingly creepy.
Old 2013-07-01, 02:36   Link #466
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Final episode.... Aah, no matter how bad the anime adaptation is, I'm going to miss it

I notice Anime!Kanon is different than Game!Kanon when it comes to her interaction with Kazuya. On the game, Kanon is bolder, always making the move to get Kazuya's attention and for him to say she's cute, it also makes the last/'confession' scene on the park more sentimental on the game because the build-up. While on the anime, maybe to adjust with Ruu's feeling of Katsumi that she's happy just to be able to stand by with Katsumi's side, Kanon seems holding back her true feeling, even though she gets jealous if there's a girl she doesn't know gets close to Kazuya (since on Haruka and Mai arc, two girls who close to her, Kanon supported them both with Kazuya while when it was Aki, Tomoe, and Katsumi she seems against them).

But I always enjoy anime original scene, when Kazuya meets graduated Kanon it feels heart warming, despite the not blood related cliche. I feel it could be better if Kanon called him "Kazuya-san!" when she was running to him, like she mentioned on the park. Oh, I never bothered by no blood related cop out on any anime/manga/VN, since for me it's just as incest as it can get since they are raised as siblings, and they did see each other as siblings, at least until the story takes place.

Now this anime has finished, I'll post the link to all route summary I wrote if anyone interested, including the detailed summary for Momoko, Ruu, and Yuuko route the anime skip (still hoping for Momoko OVA here >,<)
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2013/04/photo-kano-all-route-summary.html

Plus some translation of interesting events the anime cut too:
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2013/06/...anslation.html
http://bakanki.blogspot.com/2013/05/...ri-digest.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yeah.. I hope we have a kiss.....
You can always think the last scene when Kanon jumped to Kazuya, they were kissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
An After story would be good too
Photo Kano SS+?

But they do have an after-confession story on the Vita version, they want you to buy the game. The only interesting epilogues the PSP version have are Tomoe's and Momoko's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I would rather have had the Stealth Photographer centric episode. Did she had a route in the VN? She seems like the biggest enigma and one of the most interesting characters in Photo Kano, but it's a shame the anime keeps teasing us with, but never delves into her back-story.
She had, though didn't play out like the main heroines. You can't raise her affection, just need to go to club room to raise the flag to get the event. After you get all her events, if you don't max any main heroines by the end of the game deadline, you'll get her end.

See the link for my summary above for her route.
Old 2013-07-01, 09:57   Link #467
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post

She had, though didn't play out like the main heroines. You can't raise her affection, just need to go to club room to raise the flag to get the event. After you get all her events, if you don't max any main heroines by the end of the game deadline, you'll get her end.

See the link for my summary above for her route.
So, she is the default route? I guess, by the sounds of it, Uchida's route could only work by really going Anime Original, since the flags don't seem to be substantial enough for an adaptation. On the other hand, given that the opening of the first episode seems to come straight from the start point of Uchida's route, ending with her route would have made a perfect bookend.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 11:06   Link #468
justsomeguy

I am not familiar with the game, but going solely by how the anime portrayed the characters:
* Maeda - generic harem MC. His entire personality is that he got a camera, so now he's cool.
* Niimi Haruka - boring childhood friend, but her route was the longest, and the subplot about Maeda protecting her from the creeps in the club was mildly amusing.
* Sanehara Hikari - seems to be the only appropriate match for Maeda, since they have a shared interest (unlike the other girls, where the entire relationship is that he takes pictures of them).
* Muroto Aki - there's no better way to start a relationship than with blackmail. I fell asleep during her episode and have no motivation to rewatch it, so I don't exactly know what she's about.
* Nonoka - generic genki sports girl.
* Sakura Mai - starts with more blackmail, but otherwise this arc was good because she actually has a personality.
* Rina - she cooks and has a huge chest. Nothing else to see here.
* Tomoe - since she's leaving, she's cramming too many things to do, and gets a lot less focus since every other cast member showed up too. Her episode felt more like a finale than Kanon's.
* Kanon - oh joy, just when I thought the show can't possibly lose any more credibility, here's the non-blood-related imouto route.
* Teacher - has no route, despite having almost as much attention as any of the girls.
* Uchida - an actual interesting character who stealths around and secretly cosplays, yet she doesn't get a route.

* The show as a whole has a slightly creepy voyeurish atmosphere. Especially with the high focus on the girls' bodies and those horrid pseudo-3d panning shots.
* With the exception of Haruka, only one episode per route? The development is very rushed and barely there. With the exception of Hikari, I kept doubting how Maeda could forge a lasting relationship with any of the girls, since the majority of his role is just photographing them.

6/10, worst show that I watched this season. "Spiritual successor to Amagami?" Yeah right, Amagami was miles above this, since it had actual characters and relationship development. Omnibus format was the wrong choice here, because one ep per route is ridiculously compressed. I would have preferred either one strong route with Maeda solving everybody else's issues on the side, or a running competition with him making his choice at the end.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:49   Link #469
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
So, she is the default route? I guess, by the sounds of it, Uchida's route could only work by really going Anime Original, since the flags don't seem to be substantial enough for an adaptation. On the other hand, given that the opening of the first episode seems to come straight from the start point of Uchida's route, ending with her route would have made a perfect bookend.
Hmm, there's no default, or even canon route here I think. I mean on the prologue you have to choose between joining Photo Club or Photography Club, no third option. If any, the 'default' thing, in term of you don't do anything and just wait until the 2 month in-game deadline end, you'll get Katsumi or Kudou end depending on which club you chose. But of course they are only encouraging you to try your hardest again next time, ie. bad end

Besides, many parts of Uchida route have been adapted into the anime, like when Kudou asking Kazuya to go to cosplay event and he takes picture of Alice, Kazuya notices how well-proportioned Uchida is (and also the mole below her eyes foreshadowing for us viewers), and then when Kazuya found the cosplay costumes when he's cleaning the club room. But since on the anime Kazuya never confronted Uchida about his finding, and one important flag where he saw Uchida's eyes and tell her that she's beautiful is cut, then we don't get Uchida end. The same can be said with Narita mini-route where some parts of her route are already adapted (asking Katsumi to play beach volley ball with her and her unrequited love with Katsumi already have someone she likes), but since Kazuya didn't participate directly with all that parts before, then we don't get Narita end either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I am not familiar with the game, but going solely by how the anime portrayed the characters:

"Spiritual successor to Amagami?" Yeah right, Amagami was miles above this, since it had actual characters and relationship development.
Then you can't judge that way since that spiritual successor title is clearly meant for the original material, which is the game, since it's quite hit, obviously on Japan
Old 2013-07-02, 11:29   Link #470
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Should've known they'd go with the "She's not really my sister" approach. I can sorta understand the taboo on the subject, but if you keep teasing your audience like that, then come with the worst cop-out there is, it's not exactly making you look good.

6/10 Is my final score; Kanon's rote did nothing to make it better, and for all her boldness, nothing came out of it.

So far, this was the second-worst show this season for me (with Red Data Girl being the absolute worst). I expected Maeda to be good guy who knew where to draw the line between genuine photography and voyeurism. Instead, I got the reverse, but because he was also somehow a chick magnet, none of the girls seemed to care and let him take all the dirty pictures he could've asked for, under thew guise of "He's a good guy and would never dream of taking risque photos".

Heck, even the photo Club President commented on his good skills, while one photo was a blatant panty shot of Sports Girl. Even if that wasn't intentional, his fellow club mates would've gotten hell for it, while Maeda was apparently a saint, who could probably get all the girls naked if he wanted to, and still get praise for making "good anatomical photos", or some shit like that.
Old 2013-07-02, 11:32   Link #471
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
6/10 Is my final score; Kanon's rote did nothing to make it better, and for all her boldness, nothing came out of it.

So far, this was the second-worst show this season for me (with Red Data Girl being the absolute worst).
Damn 6/10 and it's still higher than RDG? I ended up giving Photokano 5/10 (which I rarely ever give, last was Kill Me Baby, iirc), while RDG got a good 6. In my opinion, at least RDG had a steady stream of animation quality and it didn't try to flat out offend me with creepy imouto fantasies and dribbling fanservice that has no purpose. :3
Old 2013-07-02, 15:01   Link #472
Newhope

Semi droped this at episode 4-5, just skimmed though the rest today the show was frankly awful.

Shame because pre-season I had moderate expectations for the show but it turned out to be one of the worst, of the shows I started this at the start of this season only Majestic Prince was worse so 4/10 from me.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 03:17   Link #473
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Damn 6/10 and it's still higher than RDG? I ended up giving Photokano 5/10 (which I rarely ever give, last was Kill Me Baby, iirc), while RDG got a good 6. In my opinion, at least RDG had a steady stream of animation quality and it didn't try to flat out offend me with creepy imouto fantasies and dribbling fanservice that has no purpose. :3
RDG offended me with boring characters and a story that went nowhere. I fell asleep at episode 7 and decided to stop watching from there on. A show that fails to entertain me is not worth my time, regardless of how good it looks.

For all its flaws, PK had some nice girls in it (Mai, Kanon and Uchida were personal favorites) and the little bit of fanservice helped me to keep watching it. For me, that justifies its ranking.
Old 2013-07-04, 16:08   Link #474
GundamZZ
残念美人

My impression about the photo club is it's a secret training base for ninja.

The episode 12 looks more like the final, because it re-showed all girls from previous episodes.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 19:13   Link #475
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is episode 13 the final episode?

I really want Kazuya to have an ending with "Stealth Girl"
Old 2013-07-11, 20:05   Link #476
Mazryonh

I don't get it; if Amagami was such a screaming success, then why did this show's budget not rise to the occasion? It's clear that this show's budget was much less generous than Amagami's.

It's not fun when potentially-good shows get "screwed by the network" in Japan, as has proven the case elsewhere.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:23   Link #477
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I don't get it; if Amagami was such a screaming success, then why did this show's budget not rise to the occasion? It's clear that this show's budget was much less generous than Amagami's.

It's not fun when potentially-good shows get "screwed by the network" in Japan, as has proven the case elsewhere.
Also different studio, different staff
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:59   Link #478
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Photo Kano had terrible pacing. I guess it can't be helped if it's a single cour show, with that many heroines.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 23:14   Link #479
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Photo Kano had terrible pacing. I guess it can't be helped if it's a single cour show, with that many heroines.
They could have tried another approach. With one cour, that's enough for three 4-episode "character routes." Just go with two of the most popular heroines and make them first and last, with a less popular heroine in between them.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:42   Link #480
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

The character song album is out, I really recommend to listen to Uchida's one, Koi no Love Assassin (Stealth Assassin of Love). The song is catchy and hilarious, combining (and confirming, if someone hasn't get it yet ) the two persona of her.

And there's also this new (not that new though) free wallpaper of Momoko and Kitagawa-sensei you can get on the official site on different sizes...

Tags
high school, romance