AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha StrikerS - Overall series rating
Perfect 10 47 15.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 17.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 19.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 62 21.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 44 14.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.74%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.06%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 06:08   Link #41
Nemesis

Strikers had potential,but it wasted it.
Old 2007-09-27, 22:31   Link #42
Sassarai
Army of One

I think the probelm with Nanoha is they keep getting more and more characters. They absorbed all of Nanoha A's bad guys then they have the new striker unit and it almost seems like all those bad guys from this season are going to turn good if they make another season o_O That would be an insane amount of good guys.
Old 2007-09-28, 01:36   Link #43
arkxkra
全力全開

for me i wanted to put it as perfect but giving excellent, because still have abit not that good in the episode, alot training although im still ok with it, but the training part consider giving the new character developing explain(?) maybe(?). Because of training have chance to see the white devil mode, Nanoha finish Teana , but still training too much, quite bore sometime.
The fight always end very quite, too short. But the final battle, Vita fight almost near death, Nanoha and Vivio fight is so awesome(for me), blaster 3 divide buster 1st shoot to number IV, then SLB to Vivio and the "touching" talk...
Other thing like new form, especially the Nanoha the new barrier jacket(excellion mode) - cool, new sonic form of Fate - cool & sexy, Signum with Agito - nice & cool.
But the 1 thing, Hayate screen time was too little i guess, alway no chance to see her battle/fight, this is maybe because she become the head of the riot force 6(?forget the name), head usually just sit back.
About the ending, i accept the ending, it quite near the A's ending, happy end, the difference is it show more people. Everyone also have they own way and future.
For me just can't get enough , now it is ended, miss it.

Rating: 8.5-9/10
Old 2007-09-28, 07:42   Link #44
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I give it a perfect ten. Cause I this anime did not once make me give up on it. Lucky I didn't and even got a few surprises from this anime.

The story is good the seq. also. Not too rush like some that I saw. Especially the ending fight. They showed the Aces been defeated and counter-attack back in their own ways. Very impressive. Even for the new characters.

Glad that they did 26 esp instead of 24 or 13. Which is just nice. In the overall, I like this Anime !
Old 2007-09-28, 12:24   Link #45
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Well I've posted most of my opinions over in the ep 26 thread but I post a quick hash here.

Did I like the show? - Yes
Was the animation good? - At key points yes (standard of practice deal with long series)
Would I like a season 4? - Most definitly (can't get enough of Fate^^)
Was the pacing good? - ..... *see below statment*

To be fair ... it sucked big time. Way to much chatting, training eps went WAY to long. I wouldn't say they should have been completely removed as they were needed (not every 9-15 yr old newb mage has uber developed powers^^) The problem I have is they filled 13 eps and we didn't even get to see the best ones (ie mock fights, I would have prefered them instead of some of the stupid ones) Emo Teana was a nice touch but 3 eps, was that really needed? It could have easily been done in 2. Now on to the dreaded cool down eps *grr* I'll let the early ones go as the newbs were still to freash for constant action, but what I won't tolerate was after the 2 pivital action eps (retrival of vivio 1, and capture of vivio) They had the best action and most suspense/tension and I was sure the series would keep the pace but what did we get ... more training and tender moments with family (mother dauter crap eps) and it definitly didn't seem like there was a rush to stop Jail/Craddle save Vivio. These eps just killed it for me.

Were the characters enjoyable and was the writing good? - ..... sigh another point of angst

The characters as a whole were good and interesting and had potential and some followed through well. Others ... failed horribly. A good half of the cast suffered shaft syndrome or abd/rushed back stories. Sigh I yacked about this over in ep 26 thread and I don't feel like going into great detail again. There were to many plot holes and some backstories suffered quick finishes that left a bad taste or had no meaning or were completely out to left field (Lutecia's Mom's sudden revival ) Vivio .... gah won't go into it as the point seems to be mute. Ppl disliked her for NxF fanservice reasons, she was ok in my books .... yadda yadda yadda, meh.

If I was to rate it purely on the shows quality and leave personal feelins aside it would be a 5, but I still have to give the show a 7. I'm a big Nanoha fan and regardless of its lack luster performance I can still watch it happily and will eventually buy it when it comes out on DVD. I still would have liked more, but what I got was fine^^
Old 2007-09-29, 00:35   Link #46
Leonhart
ReincarnatioN™

Well...for me, i think it's decent. Storyline predictable[since it's nanoha nature], The art in anime...ouch. A bit dissapointed. Too many need to change when comes to dvd version. Anyway, i still cant figure out why very less fansub wanna take this as their project.....
Old 2007-10-01, 00:24   Link #47
Nemesis

the endgame fight was pratically very bad.At least in season 1 we get to see nanoha kicking ass and not holding back.

now what nanoha needs is something good like ending it or a good season.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-10-01 at 03:12.
Old 2007-10-01, 22:53   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I grit my teeth as I write this because I had such fun with Nanoha season 1 and season 2. Season Three just kind of wallowed.

Tactically, the "limiters" really hurt and were basically unnecessary. Fate and Nanoha are like aircraft carriers. They wield enormous firepower but can't be everywhere at once... that's what all those missile cruisers, frigates, and hundreds of other support craft are for (in other words, all those new characters).

Storywise.... personally I think an entire season could have been made about the Knights and their growth as freed 'humans' battling some dilemma. Okay, yeah we got new recruits and they were quite interesting but anime-wise I felt there was a missing season. yeah, yeah, there was manga.... <shrug>. I just found the Knights to have more story potential.

I did rather like the grown "Aces" concept but, wow, these writers need to be sat in front of about a hundred war movies because they seriously need some clues in how to do this sort of thing. Turning recruits into battle veterans, yada yada....
Come on, one of the reasons the original Star Wars caught fire on the screen was because Lucas was doing shot by shot homage to some of the best war movies ever made and the story line threads straight from Kurosawa's epics and swashes of Campbell mythos. The resources are there..... d'uh. (visualizes slapping the crap out of a team of writers)

Most of the salient points have already been listed in other poster's comments. So I just sadly give this season a '6' and hope like hell they didn't kill the franchise with it.

I hope Nanoha gets another chance with a tight storyline and a smaller cast.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-10-01 at 23:10.
Old 2007-10-02, 05:06   Link #49
Nemesis

also,even with the manga and sound stages covering plotholes,the quality of the anime makes those two look awkward.When i look at the manga and compare it with the anime,it still looks very strange.Like gagdet drones that dont appear in the anime,why are they in there?It gives me an awkward feeling.
Old 2007-10-03, 21:20   Link #50
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

I personally wouldn't say StrikerS was a complete failure, but it definitely could have been a lot better than it was made to be. The starting few episodes would have gave people two impressions, the first is that the producers just have no clue of what to do with the plot, the second being that instead of the fast-paced and action oriented seasons before, it will be shifting towards focusing on character development. Guess what, they failed to do that.

For the amount of characters introduced in StrikerS, 26 episodes was no where near sufficient amount of time to do that much character development. Coupled with the fact that the producers wasted too much time during the first half of the series with unnecessary fillers on training and such, everyone could see where the series was heading, mediocrity.

Shafting of characters, many people have talked about this. They introduced 2 artificial mages the 1st half of the series and people get the impression the story was about fighting these so-called relic weapons, along came the cyborgs and suddenly its "zomg half-humans are terrorizing the city"!

IMO the combat cyborgs should never have been introduced into the series. *runs away from sentoukijin fans* Hayate was shafted like an abandon mine, Zafira barely made enough appearances to remind viewers that he existed, and Chrono spent what little time he had drinking tea with Carim.

Erio and Caro. The counterpart for the stars forward, but unlike the stars' forward, they hardly had any sort of development.

Back stories, how were the sentoukijin made? What's the true purpose of the Relic? The Saint Church. Its hierarchy, history, the ancient Belkan system, the Saint King, these we no nothing of. (which is giving the people at the OC thread free rein to write almost whatever they like) Carim, what's her position? How influential are Carim and Chrono?

The animation, though addressed by the DVD releases, showed that the producers were really just more keen on spending less and earning more for this series. With the poor animation and mediocre plot, god knows how much production cost they have saved (then again maybe its to pay the large cast of seiyuus).

And the battles! Where the hell did all the people in the city disappear to? One moment Erio and Caro are on a street filled with people, and everyone miraculously disappears when battle commences. Wow, super fast evacuation here?

The epilogue, I didn't like it one bit. Hayate said that she wanted to form a unit not only to handle the relic case, but also future cases along with disaster management and etc. She spent four years and finally she has her dream unit, and after the relic case its disbanded? WTF is all I can say.

I could probably say more, but there won't be anything else that anybody else here hasn't mentioned, or will mention.
Old 2007-10-03, 23:47   Link #51
Nemesis

hmph,i wonder who was the director or scriptwriter of this series this time?

This season resorts to telling rather than showing.The more they spend time on telling, the worse it gets.They spent so much time talking that they even couldnt find time to address manga/anime continuity issues.Like some Manga seen only gadget drones,why didt they appear in the endgame?Not to mention,WHAT ARE THE RELICS?
Old 2007-10-04, 21:01   Link #52
Once and Current Subber

You know what I want to see? Pre-StrikerS stories. There's ten years of stuff to fill in there, and Nanoha got up to enough to get called stuff like "Supreme Aggressor" and "Ace of Aces", so it's not like there's no action involved. And there's a lot of material in there I'd like to see. Home time at the Harlaown residence? Hayate going out for a stroll around town? Nanoha going out and getting drunk after a mission? C'mon, it'd be priceless.
Old 2007-10-04, 22:29   Link #53
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
You know what I want to see? Pre-StrikerS stories. There's ten years of stuff to fill in there, and Nanoha got up to enough to get called stuff like "Supreme Aggressor" and "Ace of Aces", so it's not like there's no action involved. And there's a lot of material in there I'd like to see. Home time at the Harlaown residence? Hayate going out for a stroll around town? Nanoha going out and getting drunk after a mission? C'mon, it'd be priceless.
Sounds like Satashi-sama's fanfiction to me there...
But I believe there is a StrikerS manga taking place before the anime? I forget...
Old 2007-10-05, 02:58   Link #54
BBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
I smell future OVAs.
Old 2007-10-05, 23:47   Link #55
Tomislav

I gave out 9/10, it was probably my best wiew for this season.

First of all, I'd like to thank strikers, because I got interested in the franchise and I had the chance to see Season 1&2

My only true complain is, the should have avoided to call in the fleet with Chrono-kun, and let Hayate blowing the Craddle with a SS rank attack, which we didn't see once throughout the serie. There was plenty of room for an Unison Hiraesvelgr or something like that.

I also hope that the DVD will polish the Shin Sonic Form scene in Ep. 24... those 2 minutes are painful

For the rest, I quote all the critics I read, but I keep in mind that I really enjoyed MSLNS a lot: it wasn't perfect, but it was a lot of fun

Oh, and I hope for a Season 4, of course!
Old 2007-10-06, 02:53   Link #56
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

i loved the series of strikers and enjoyed every minuite of it, it was a great series and i hope they make a season 4, cause i'd really love that! ^^ i'm guessing that they would be cause the series has kinda been stll left open, showing that nanoha is once again training people, or thats what i think she is doing, im waiting for the subbed version. But over-all i think the series awsome.
Old 2007-10-06, 08:42   Link #57
Nemesis

But anyway,i wonder what episode 27 could be about?any summary on it?
Old 2007-10-06, 10:52   Link #58
Aleise
Awe of She

The series felt like a bad video game to anime conversion . . . trying to cram multiple characters and sub plots together, only showing flashy stuff - but no substance - really, the fight scenes were just either mostly disco lights or show off cool mode #n, to be used for only one blow. Still sad that I consider the best fight of the franchise to be NvF, S1E11.

(But if they're making a game out of StrikerS - a good one, I'm all on it. I wonder what form it could take though . . .)
Old 2007-10-08, 12:08   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Something using the Unreal engine or an equivalent FPS would be stellar.
Old 2007-10-09, 14:56   Link #60
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
But anyway,i wonder what episode 27 could be about?any summary on it?
episode 27...? where you find info regarding an ep.27
Closed Thread