AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 15:50   Link #21
Alchemist007
*Author

This guy...

I like this guy.
Old 2011-09-28, 16:11   Link #22
zRyuu

There is no way Gaara melted the gold using the water's heat. The idea of mixing the gold dust in his sand and with the water would work even if he didn't melt the gold though. The gold and sand mixture would effectively absorb the heat, and a mixture of gold, sand, and water would have a higuer boiling point depending on the quantity of gold/sand Gaara got inside, and it doesn't matter whether the gold was melted or not. Another idea is that Gaara did melt the "gold dust", except that it's not pure gold, it's gold mixed with lots of other crap, thus lowering it's melting point, although I don't know if it's possible to lower it by that much. Cool chapter anyways.
zRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 16:34   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Shounen logic > Real world logic
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 17:03   Link #24
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRyuu View Post
There is no way Gaara melted the gold using the water's heat. The idea of mixing the gold dust in his sand and with the water would work even if he didn't melt the gold though. The gold and sand mixture would effectively absorb the heat, and a mixture of gold, sand, and water would have a higuer boiling point depending on the quantity of gold/sand Gaara got inside, and it doesn't matter whether the gold was melted or not. Another idea is that Gaara did melt the "gold dust", except that it's not pure gold, it's gold mixed with lots of other crap, thus lowering it's melting point, although I don't know if it's possible to lower it by that much. Cool chapter anyways.
He didn't melt it using the water's heat.

The water is heated by the oil and the oil's heat was what Gaara was using to melt the gold.

Considering the oil is hot enough that the water not only flashes into steam but actually explodes with more force than the sand pyramid can hold, it should be pretty heated.

I mean seriously, this is silly shonen physics, but at least get it right =D
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 17:22   Link #25
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
I mean seriously, this is silly shonen physics, but at least get it right =D
It doesn't have to be silly, there are many models about different worlds where life can exist, in these worlds numbers are different, for example the simplest thing is to have different gravity, but one could go as far as saying that in different (parallel or whatever) universes the basic constants of nature are different, so matter behaves differently. So we can say the Narutoverse is just a different universe where this all can happen. Of course the author didn't make phyisics models and simulations on supercomputers but if we don't think too hard about it we will not find plot holes and just enjoy the story and characters, and of course the visual art, i really liked this mizukage's style, it was original despite he is just a side character that appears only for a few chapters.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 17:26   Link #26
Alchemist007
*Author

When in doubt, blame chakra.
Old 2011-09-28, 17:40   Link #27
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Mizukage is still my 2nd favorite kage
Old 2011-09-28, 18:12   Link #28
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It doesn't have to be silly, there are many models about different worlds where life can exist, in these worlds numbers are different, for example the simplest thing is to have different gravity, but one could go as far as saying that in different (parallel or whatever) universes the basic constants of nature are different, so matter behaves differently.
That's what I meant? What happened in this chapter was consistent since Kishi said it was the oil that was the heating element.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 20:26   Link #29
Casshern

Gotta love kishi's pseudo-physics ;p
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 23:57   Link #30
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

You'd think with a sand pyramid, you would put the body on the bottom and not on the top where there's least sand...

And why didn't the imposter Zetsus just peel off the seal tags instead of randomly attacking like idiots? The clone had no problem doing it.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 00:15   Link #31
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
You'd think with a sand pyramid, you would put the body on the bottom and not on the top where there's least sand...
Presumably the zombie-Kage simply used his oil to make his way to the top of the pyramid.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 01:36   Link #32
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Presumably the zombie-Kage simply used his oil to make his way to the top of the pyramid.
Where he proceeded to troll the shuriken-throwing ninja and advising Gaara the pyramid made for a nice hiding spot.

I also love the Mizukage and I am so damn disappointed he's gone so soon.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 02:40   Link #33
Casshern

Btw, why doesn't the clone keep running to produce more heat until the sand and gold reach their heat capacity and can't absorb any more, then continue producing more heat to fully charge the explosion? When the explosion happens the gold and sand will have formed into clumps and act like shrapnel, making the explosion even deadlier. I feel like I'm in a seminar for troll physics.
Old 2011-09-29, 04:03   Link #34
ronin myael
lost ronin

so the mizukage's technique doesn't make much sense, but then most manga techniques don't. i'm as confused as most of you guys, especially with the gold sand thing that gaara used to thwart him but i'm just relieved that naruto didn't have a hand in this triumph. i'm actually glad that finally the kage had this chance to shine and against a formidable and cool opponent like the mizukage at that. it's been a while since i've seen a good fight in this manga. the mizukage is by far the coolest edo tensei zombie i've seen thus far, except for itachi and nagato of course. i actually like this chapter.
Old 2011-09-29, 05:09   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Where he proceeded to troll the shuriken-throwing ninja and advising Gaara the pyramid made for a nice hiding spot.
That part was really hilarious...
Trollkage 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Btw, why doesn't the clone keep running to produce more heat until the sand and gold reach their heat capacity and can't absorb any more, then continue producing more heat to fully charge the explosion? When the explosion happens the gold and sand will have formed into clumps and act like shrapnel, making the explosion even deadlier. I feel like I'm in a seminar for troll physics.
Clone can't move = No more heat
Old 2011-09-29, 07:32   Link #36
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Trollkage 4 life
Trollkage and his pillsbury-doughboy-bunshin no jutsu. I still think he shouldn't really lose at this point but I'm getting bored of this fight already so I'll be glad if it's over.
Old 2011-09-29, 08:45   Link #37
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post

I also love the Mizukage and I am so damn disappointed he's gone so soon.
Yeah, he was great.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 11:14   Link #38
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

whahaha!

This thread has been so very funny.

Trollkage. I loves it, I loves it.

Well, it was nice to see Gaara kicking butt- he didn't even need an overzealous Naruto clone to help him, oh boy!
Old 2011-09-29, 14:07   Link #39
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
When in doubt, blame chakra.
word

this Mizukage is da shit, man !
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 14:41   Link #40