AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-10, 11:09   Link #561
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Another L-Elf x Shoko moment that I like:

(Shoko, I'm so proud of you!! >^<)

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-10-10, 11:40   Link #562
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:
These scenes are hilarious because he is worrying about her but he is being tsundere about it.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:42   Link #563
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

^simple stare means a lot. Waiting is really a sweet suffering and a crucial phase of savoring one's excitement, but still I must wait till the subs come out fresh and hot.
Old 2013-10-10, 11:51   Link #564
vanca

L Elf is really tsundere when it comes to Shoko. Happen few times already. Not only in anime but also side projects. Oh why you do this to me, Sunrise? Please don't make me ship these two yet, not now please. It'll only make me get too attached (never a good sign LOL).

Once again it's like the staffs knows what fans (shippers) wants. I'm sure there's someone in the production staffs fangirling over these two too (beside Kimura). Maybe even Okouchi!? LOL. I mean, those famous yokan, gosh.
Old 2013-10-10, 12:19   Link #565
Kurohane

Really? This is what counts as a moment these days?
Old 2013-10-10, 14:45   Link #566
erika4dsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:

Shoko has really matured and she's taking her dad's death very well. I'm glad that she's really giving it her 100% in protecting their home.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-10, 21:42   Link #567
vanca

Another coincidence(?) :

Everytime Shoko talks about her feelings to Haruto we get mysterious shots of L-Elf in the background.

Also noted how he got closer in the 2nd time LOL.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:19   Link #568
erika4dsl

^ lol next time she talks about Haruto he'll be right next to her ear.
Old 2013-10-10, 22:28   Link #569
vanca

I remember there's a user wants to have Shoko & L Elf stands next to each other in pics or something. How about this shot in new OP clip then?

Wish come true right? Well there's Haruto too beside her but yeah...
Old 2013-10-10, 22:39   Link #570
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Shouko is really rounding into shape as a character now. She's shown some excellent growth in Episode 1 of the the new season. I also love her new Presidential outfit. It is indeed very Presidential-looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanca View Post
I remember there's a user wants to have Shoko & L Elf stands next to each other in pics or something. How about this shot in new OP clip then?

Right now, these are probably the 10 most important protagonists in the show. And the gender ratio of the 10? 5:5, exactly even.

Do you realize just how rare this sort of thing is in anime? Having a show with a sizable gender-balanced cast is really a wonderful treat. It's especially nice how both genders have a wide range of personalities. No 2 of the 5 guys are a lot alike, and no 2 of the 5 ladies are a lot alike. The most similar pairs are actually cross-gender (Haruto and Shouko, Satomi and Takahi).

Then if we break it down further, the 4 most important protagonists are 2 guys and 2 ladies. Again, even ratio.
Old 2013-10-11, 04:17   Link #571
Kuro-snivy

I loved how much Shoko matured. Also love the Shoko x L-elf moments in the new episode! ^_^
Old 2013-10-11, 04:35   Link #572
amethystjewel

Wow! Shoko really changed and it's really amazing. But I kinda miss her bubbly personality.
Old 2013-10-11, 05:31   Link #573
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

L Elf and Shoko. L Elf is being polite and thoughtful towards Shoko, and Shoko caught him off guard again when she asked if he's worried of her that he avoided her stare and looked away. He admitted that YOKKAN tasted good. He displayed a stoic expression to hide his soft side as to Shoko getting associated with him and some serious issues. He would be seen looking at her just like what he did during the campaign or election in the first season, unknown to viewers of what he's currently thinking when gazing at her. And I just noticed in the op. . . Shoko and L Elf are always positioned on the right. It's no coincidence for me. This is how chemistry really works. L Elf is just so *bursts* hot with his half-naked body hued in a shade of blue. He and Shoko are placed on right, alternating Haruto and Saki on the left.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-10-11 at 18:11.
Old 2013-10-11, 12:47   Link #574
vanca

Even in Boku Janai ED she & L Elf faced same direction. But this group shots in new OP is something new as Shoko usually always placed beside Haruto and/or Saki in pics or events' cardboard statues, never with both Haruto & L Elf. Foreshadowing conflict between the 3?

Also, even though Haruto, L Elf, Shoko always the topmost 3 in ED's clip casts list, while no. 4 and below were changing depends on the importance of other characters in each episode; Kyuma, Saki, Satomi, Aina all got their chance to no. 4 position in casts lists on 1st cour. But for eps 13 those top 3 aren't only on the top, but also separated with other casts. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I learn that with VVV, you can't be too careful LOL.

One more thing that make me curious is how the 2nd part of casts list consisted of all Dossians and Plue-Pino while Sakimori students are all pushed so far below in 3rd part of list. This was never happen before in 1st cour so it's make me wonder whether Sakimori students roles in 2nd cour will be much reduced by Dorssians.

Last edited by vanca; 2013-10-11 at 12:59.
Old 2013-10-11, 13:03   Link #575
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
Wow! Shoko really changed and it's really amazing. But I kinda miss her bubbly personality.
I don't particularly miss it. One of the reasons why I couldn't feel anything for her in the first season was because she was too bubbly.

@KeyBoard
Do you think the situation will be reversed now where Shoko will be the one who's changed, and not Haruto?
Old 2013-10-11, 13:11   Link #576
Key Board
Carbon

I wouldn't worry too much about it
The credits change every episode and they've made "mistakes" before

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-11, 13:42   Link #577
Kurohane

Um, KeyBoard? My question?
Old 2013-10-11, 13:48   Link #578
Key Board
Carbon

Sorry, I was replying to Vanca, so I didn't see yours

Give me some time

Edit: sorry Kurohane, can you rephrase your question? because I don't really understand the context and what you are referring to
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-11, 14:01   Link #579
Kurohane

One of the speculations going around is that Shoko and Haruto will be so busy with their different jobs and not see each other as often. You even mentioned before that Haruto is becoming less and less the Haruto that Shoko knows. While true, he is more battle hardened, he still holds his core values that even L-elf mentioned war won't cure. We see in season 2, Shoko is taking her job more logically than before by having all the students leave the module, also no school festival that she originally though could happen and no going back to students. She is going to have more problems with all these adults in the moon's government, and she is going to have to make even tougher decisions later on as a leader of an independent nation. We talked about Haruto would change, but maybe Shoko is the one who will change drastically, becoming less and less the Shoko that Haruto knows? That was basically my question.
Old 2013-10-11, 14:09   Link #580
vanca

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about it
The credits change every episode and they've made "mistakes" before

What mistake? Your cap is exactly what I means. Topmost 3 always Haruto, Shoko, L Elf. With no. 4 and below changing depends on the importance of character beside the top 3. In that cap you've posted is Satomi and then Takahi (was that from eps 4? Since Satomi-Takahi was important in that eps) And like I also said, Sakimori students always placed high on the casts list no matter what or who, but for eps 13 Dorssians and Plue-Pino all placed higher.

Last edited by vanca; 2013-10-11 at 14:21.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters