AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-25, 13:49   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

D.Gray-man (Season 2)

Yay for D.Gray-man anime in October! Wow, we Shounen Jump fans are really getting spoiled. Not only did Gintama begin recently, but Busou Renkin, Death Note, and now DGM have been announced. This is truly excellent news, all of it.

But as someone mentioned in Neosam's New Announced Anime thread, there isn't much material for an anime yet...
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 14:01   Link #2
Hydex

It seems a bit early for an anime, but why not.
The manga is great, so it deserves an adaptation
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 14:55   Link #3
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

I'm looking forward to this almost as much, if not even more so than I'm looking forward to Death Note. Ironic how both of them are "darker" series and are beginning to air in October, the month of Halloween.

I wonder what studio will be doing this series? If it's BONES, I might as well throw my hands up in the air and die of happiness. Although I highly doubt it, since they're busy with other projects at the moment. And usually, BONES' works are "less dark" series... Then again, D.Gray-man really gives me the impression of Fullmetal Alchemist meets the atmosphere of Trinity Blood, with some random humor thrown in. So, who knows.

Time to speculate who the seiyuus will be! Personally, I think Paku Romi would be great as Kanda. I hope they don't cast a super-high voiced person for Rinali, that wouldn't really fit her -- she's one of my favorite characters. I wonder who'll they'll cast for Allen...

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 15:42   Link #4
domino
デレデレ

I can't wait for this show

I think Paku Romi would make a great voice for Allen. Either her or Minagawa Junko would be perfect.

As for Kanda... I can see Akira Ishida doing him perfectly (his character reminds me of a serious version of Katsura from Gintama, who is played by Akira Ishida)

As for the rest of the cast... I have no idea. But I bet they'll pick someone good.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 15:51   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The title has hooked me up after learning of it from wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._Gray-man

Thanks very much, [DOT].L

Last edited by Guido; 2006-06-25 at 16:25. Reason: Deleted question concerning licensing status.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 16:07   Link #6
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

The manga is licensed by Viz Media. Volume 1 is already on sale. Volumes 2 and 3 are due out later this year.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 22:27   Link #7
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

In my opinion, it's wayyy too early for D.Gray-Man to be animated unless they're going with the basic idea of 13 episodes of Season 1 where it ends at
Spoiler for manga:
. That would be a good end to the anime. The end of a minor arc, the beginning to a new one, and an obvious revelation at the end.

Not to mention that this is one of the few upcoming titles that really need good animation. The atmosphere of the entire manga itself cannot be animated without deep pockets.

Seiyuus....Allen..Houshi Souchirou? Paku Romi?

Rinali's bro = Takehito Koyasu plz..
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 02:00   Link #8
Thelastguardian

...*speechless*

This is definitely too early for this series.

What has happened in the story so far? Not much if you ask me

The studio has enough material for 13 episodes max?
Old 2006-06-26, 12:36   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

D.Gray-man coming this fall.

Shueisha announced that the anime will be premiering in October.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 13:35   Link #10
Moogster

At last a D.Gray-Man anime! Hopefully a good studio will pick this up. (Please BONES)

Also, yea it still too early for an anime adaptation. Since the mangaka got sick for 3-4 months? Manga just started to pick up again..
Moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-26, 18:13   Link #11
Bellevar

I really looking forward to this anime!

I can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
In my opinion, it's wayyy too early for D.Gray-Man to be animated unless they're going with the basic idea of 13 episodes of Season 1 where it ends at
Spoiler for manga:
. That would be a good end to the anime. The end of a minor arc, the beginning to a new one, and an obvious revelation at the end.
I definitely agree. This moment from the manga will be very good moment to end the anime. But we'll see what it's gonna be like. I hope whichever studio is going to pick this anime up won't screw it Especially I think about the dark climax of the manga. Let's hope it's gonna be fine and wait.
Bellevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 07:10   Link #12
Noodlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Shueisha announced that the anime will be premiering in October.
Hey, the row for the D.Gray-man anime is gone now. Why would they have taken it off? Is there not going to be an anime after all?

~ Noodlehead
Old 2006-06-29, 21:04   Link #13
DwArD
mAnIaC

There's going to be an anime for it....no doubt about it. And I don't see why they couldn't make an anime out for it. I mean...there's about 89 chapters and new chapters are appearing almost every week. I don't see why they can't make a decent anime out of it. And frankly speaking, I'll rather thay don't follow the manga too closely or else it'll be too predictable.
Old 2006-06-29, 22:10   Link #14
Noodlehead

Actually, it's 79 chapters.

I think the reason many followers of the manga are upset with the fact that the anime is coming out now is because of the fact that the main arc has finally started moving. Up until now, it was a collection of smaller arcs of introducing new characters and finding more exorcists. Plus, multiple chapters can be adapted into one episode -- most are pretty short anyway, around 16 to 18 pages.

With limited sources, there's probably going to be some filler in the anime series. Personally, I don't really mind, as long as it ultimately sticks to a solid plotline in the end. I'm just excited that it's going to be animated.

~ Noodlehead
Old 2006-06-29, 22:31   Link #15
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
OMG that is so awesome! I fell in love with it a few yaers ago when I read it in shounen Jump. I love the design and story! I'm so excited...2006= good year for anime.

Let's hope they don't pull a Black Cat and rush it toward the end. Or make up a half ass ending.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 11:37   Link #16
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

The anime of D.Gray-man starts October 3rd at 6pm on Tv Tokyo.
Staff :
-Supervisor : Osamu Nabeshima (Lupin 3 Part III, Hamtaro)
-Scenario : Yoshida Reiko (Aria, Kaleido Star, Major)
-Chara-design : Morioka Hideyuki (Sakura Wars)
-Design Works : Yasuhiro Moriki (Scryed)
-Art Director : Tôru Koga (Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu Final, Devil Lady)
-Color Design : Tejima Akemi
-Director of Photography : Eiji Tsuchida (Genshiken)
-Edit : Tomoki Nagasaka (Ergo Proxy, Negima)
-Sound Supervisor : Tôru Nakano (Noir, Tsubasa Reservoir, Flcl, Avenger)
-Studio : TMS Entertainment (Angel Heart, Lupin III, Detective Conan)

dunno how true will that be though.
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 14:24   Link #17
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

How is TMS entertainment? Do they have high animation quality? I haven't seen Lupin III, Detective Conan, Angel Heart so I really don't know.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 16:36   Link #18
Llian
※Ebil※

I read of this begin made into an anime, I just really hope it comes out nicely and that they give it there all. Though I'm not really expecting it to be better than the manga. But I am looking foward to it ^_^

Yo Haohmaru x3

Last edited by Llian; 2006-07-30 at 20:12.
Llian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 18:20   Link #19
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Yo Lilly . You're not expecting it to be better than the manga. I've just started reading the manga and it's pretty good. I really hope the anime lives up to the manga.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-30, 20:13   Link #20
Llian
※Ebil※

Lol yeah, but the manga is awesome I thought it was going to be something like Chrno Crusade but it was different and more entertaining.
Llian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk