AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 12 16.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 36.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-22, 07:41   Link #141
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
I'd be surprised if Yukimuri didn't wear a bikini - Hideyoshi in BakaTest wore one as well.
Or perhaps they'll let Yukimura wear a girl's school swimsuit XD
Yukimura will soon be completely removed from the path of Masculinity.
Not that I mind Traps are always welcome
Old 2011-11-22, 11:56   Link #142
Shikinami_
The Cabbage Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
Yukimura will soon be completely removed from the path of Masculinity.
Not that I mind Traps are always welcome
I'm soo confused as what sex Yukimura is....I mean it looks like a girl......but says it's a boy, but then there are such things as pretty boys who like girls or boys that look like girls, or are thought to be girls and then you get mind f***ed and it's actually a boy. Inga from Un-Go for example T_T

I would be incredibly confused if Yukimura wore swim trunks and a then a bikini....
Old 2011-11-22, 19:29   Link #143
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can't believe people still don't know what yandere means even though we have the prime example this season with Mirai Nikki -_-
Don't watch Mirai Nikki, I certainly *do* know what "Yandere" means. From the tvtropes page:

"The character almost always appears perfectly cute and harmless on the surface... but underneath they may be obsessive, controlling, and sometimes just plain insane. Woe to anyone who happens to be the object of their often genuine affection."

If you see Sena as the object of her affection, it would fit very well. Now that she's found friends for the first time, she could've gone all possessive about Sena and turned all Yandere about her.

"There could be a long mental instability, else the girls have always been just a little off."

I'd say that fits Yozora and her "air friend" just well. About her possible future:

"Often eventually goes off the deep end and becomes an Ax Crazy Girl with Psycho Weapon, and that's just fun!"

I could very well see this happening with Yozora. It's just a small step from how abusive she already is towards Sena to involving physical actions. Plus, we already saw she's already heading down that way, with that fly swatter she wanted to use on Sena. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yozora still becomes more and more extreme in those regards.
Old 2011-11-22, 19:54   Link #144
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
"The character almost always appears perfectly cute and harmless on the surface... but underneath they may be obsessive, controlling, and sometimes just plain insane. Woe to anyone who happens to be the object of their often genuine affection."

If you see Sena as the object of her affection, it would fit very well. Now that she's found friends for the first time, she could've gone all possessive about Sena and turned all Yandere about her.
Well, that's a rather unconventional interpretation of "yandere", I guess. Perhaps the definition on that page is not sufficiently clear, but suffice it to say I don't think Yozora qualifies at all as a yandere character. I don't think there's any evidence that Yozora's behaviour is a sign of this sort of obsessive devotion towards Sena, and this isn't quite the "nuance" that is typically associated with yandere characters. Yandere is more like "extreme jealousy", and these characters typically direct their violence towards those who get in their way, or the object of their affection if they're betrayed (that's the key trigger). Otherwise, they're typically kind and pleasant towards everyone, putting on a good front to hide what's underneath. Suffice it to say that Yozora has never hidden her true nature, and her attitude hasn't been restricted only to Sena in a way that suggests this behaviour pattern.

All in all, I think that this is rather extreme reading of her character (and an arguably incorrect understanding of the archetype), and doesn't really fit what was portrayed in the show.
Old 2011-11-22, 20:24   Link #145
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Don't watch Mirai Nikki, I certainly *do* know what "Yandere" means. From the tvtropes page:

"There could be a long mental instability, else the girls have always been just a little off."

I'd say that fits Yozora and her "air friend" just well. About her possible future:

"Often eventually goes off the deep end and becomes an Ax Crazy Girl with Psycho Weapon, and that's just fun!"

I could very well see this happening with Yozora. It's just a small step from how abusive she already is towards Sena to involving physical actions. Plus, we already saw she's already heading down that way, with that fly swatter she wanted to use on Sena. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yozora still becomes more and more extreme in those regards.

Basically what relentlessflame said.

I'll keep this simple; True Yandere are nice and perfect and friendly on the outside, that alone already disqualifies Yozora for Yandere status.

Every thing else you said feels forced, like jamming a cube through a triangle hole and say it fits.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:44   Link #146
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
I fell behind a bit on BwT so I was a bit late to see this episode.

Not much to say apart from the fact I'm glad to see the last two episodes have picked up again and continued at, or at least near, the quality of the first 4 episodes.

Somehow the introduction of all the other girls has not ruined it like I feared, and they act as good background characters to juxtaposition the love triangle of Sena, Yozora and Kodaka.

As a constant shipper, I'm surprised I haven't been able to choose between Yozora and Sena as the one I feel Kodaka should be with, though Sena is my favourite character. it is inevitable as a harem anime that he won't end up with either, so I suppose it saves me from disappointment this way.

Also, does anybody have a copy of the image at the end of the episode, with all the girls talking to their hands like phones around Kodaka? Really like the art in that picture, if I can find it in high enough res I might use it as a background. EDIT- Nevermind, found it here in a low res.
Old 2011-11-23, 19:43   Link #147
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikinami_ View Post
I'm soo confused as what sex Yukimura is....I mean it looks like a girl......but says it's a boy, but then there are such things as pretty boys who like girls or boys that look like girls, or are thought to be girls and then you get mind f***ed and it's actually a boy. Inga from Un-Go for example T_T

I would be incredibly confused if Yukimura wore swim trunks and a then a bikini....
Yukimura has bumps on his chest when he wears bikini in both prologue and OP.
I wouldn't be surprised if a "shocking" revelation would tell that he's actually a "she".
Actually, it'd be great if that were the case. KodakaxYukimura would be a healthy pairing.
Old 2011-11-24, 20:06   Link #148
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
Yukimura has bumps on his chest when he wears bikini in both prologue and OP.
I wouldn't be surprised if a "shocking" revelation would tell that he's actually a "she".
Actually, it'd be great if that were the case. KodakaxYukimura would be a healthy pairing.
Rika would probably say that Kodaka x Yukimura is only a healthy pairing if Yukimura is male XD
Old 2011-11-24, 21:25   Link #149
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Rika would probably say that Kodaka x Yukimura is only a healthy pairing if Yukimura is male XD
Of course 'she' is male. Can't you see how manly Yukimura is even under those maid outfits...?
Old 2011-11-27, 02:13   Link #150
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Of course 'she' is male. Can't you see how manly Yukimura is even under those maid outfits...?
Yes, he is. What bothers me is until when will he act like "that". I beginning to doubt he is a man "emotionally". I might bet that Yukimura would do anything to prove himself as a man... even.. even dressing as a girl and kssing Kodaka...!!!!! AHHH!!!!
Old 2011-11-27, 03:10   Link #151
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Of course Yukimura is manly enough already! She....He already took the task of wearing a maid outfit, and especially calling Kodaka aniki to show how manly she.....he has gotten.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-11-27 at 03:23.
Old 2011-11-27, 19:07   Link #152
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Of course Yukimura is manly enough already! She....He already took the task of wearing a maid outfit, and especially calling Kodaka aniki to show how manly she.....he has gotten.
Yes, playing imouto makes him very manly indeed
I wonder what other manly costomes she/he/it will still wear.
Old 2011-11-27, 19:12   Link #153
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Yes, playing imouto makes him very manly indeed
I wonder what other manly costomes she/he/it will still wear.
Bunny/Cat outfit would be nice
Old 2011-11-29, 11:28   Link #154
chaos_animagic

Man... am I behind on times...

I too don't use a cell phone except for calling Home...

Zero Contact List.

Uses a cell phone from 10 years ago...

LOL....
Closed Thread