AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 42 57.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 30.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 18:12   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Wow i gave it an 10/10
I just loved this episode..especially when stien was trying to experiment on the bird which is almost exticted..the bird was hilarious to..and yes the romace scene between soul and black star was quite hilairous to..and how tsubaki and maka where calling them idoits..haha and kid got knocked out

P.S. I think Tsubaki and Maka would make a good team IMO
I wonder how that bird lucked out anyways. Was it just a reprieve from its death or did someone get it out of there during all the fighting?

Maka certainly had no problem commenting on the stupidity of Soul and Black Star while the fight was going on. Certainly with all they did had plenty of ammunition there . Though Tsubaki was more concerned about those guys actually teaming up than making comments like that.
Old 2008-05-16, 04:14   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, they do get along. I can see why she'd be worried.

(And BTW, the Soul falling on Black Star gag is in the manga. I don't know if there was any "Friendship Gattai", though.)
Old 2008-05-16, 08:11   Link #63
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't know if there was any "Friendship Gattai", though.)
Yeah, there was.
Old 2008-05-16, 09:49   Link #64
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
OMG, I didn't expect this ep to be so great! O_O (<- Just wants ep.7 XD)

Kid was so cool. *w*

... But I still want Medusa. *____________________________*
Old 2008-05-16, 10:28   Link #65
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally got a chance to watch the episode it was pretty damn funny. All i got to say is that was a beating Soul and Blackstar took. They even had time for their little romance awwwww
Old 2008-05-16, 12:39   Link #66
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

This episode is hilarious, thoroughly amazing from the start till the end.

Lots of great lines this episode as well, one of my favourites haven't been mentioned:

Patty: Ureshiizo kono yaro! (I'm so happy, you bastard!)

lol she's so cute.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-05-16, 13:45   Link #67
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Anyone else finally starting to actually really appreciate Black Star with this ep? He plays such a perfect foil to everyone else and yet he has real skills. To think I used to dislike him. Also his Azuma Kazuma (Yakitate Japan) voice seems like a perfect match.
Old 2008-05-16, 14:35   Link #68
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Anyone else finally starting to actually really appreciate Black Star with this ep? He plays such a perfect foil to everyone else and yet he has real skills. To think I used to dislike him. Also his Azuma Kazuma (Yakitate Japan) voice seems like a perfect match.
Yeah I didn't like him at all in the beginning either but now he's starting to get interesting.

Old 2008-05-16, 15:58   Link #69
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I liked black star since episode 2, but I didn't like him before.

My first impressions of him when I saw the trailers before the show started, I thought he's just going to be a loud mouth. Until episode 2, I learnt that he's not a regular loud mouth, but something even louder lol

I like the way he sees himself as big and because he is big, he doesn't do small things like killing a child.

On the sisters, they're being sarcastic about being happy that they can actually attend school. I'm sure street dwellers like them have no interest in school life.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-05-16, 15:58   Link #70
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Im still on the fence with Black Star, he's annoying but in a way that makes me laugh. Him standing on the top of the spike thing yelling with the arrow pointing actually made me laugh out loud. His attitude gets on my nerves and kami love Tsubaki for being able to tolerate him cuz Id have smacked him by now But he's a good play off of Soul's cool guy attitude and Kid's neurotic self.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-05-16, 17:18   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

His "Wiley Coyote" foibles make him much more tolerable as a character. If the show were only about him, I'd be out of here though --- having multiple teams so you don't get overexposed to any of them keeps them fresher and more entertaining - especially when they mix it up like this.
Old 2008-05-16, 17:20   Link #72
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Oh good lord Black*Star and Soul were like the ultimate idiot duo this episode...

I kept thinking from the start how they seem like they should be partners, but that scythe to the head bit pretty much killed off those thoughts...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-05-17, 00:02   Link #73
Jerseykid

Black star looked cool holding Soul in tsubaki's imagination.
Old 2008-05-17, 01:28   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Black star looked cool holding Soul in tsubaki's imagination.
Well would expect Tsubaki's imagination to make Black Star look cool. Reality though is much funnier .
Old 2008-05-17, 17:35   Link #75
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ahhh just love it! Just as good as in the manga if not better, they really are doing a awesome job with this series.

These scenes I was waiting for as they are some of my fav.

Kids emoness knows no bounds and same goes for Black Star and Souls idiocy
Old 2008-05-18, 03:26   Link #76
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Ah, guess I'm a little late in on this great episode. Shinigami sama was really badass, with the huge soul, but so was double shinigami cannons =D

BS has some huge ego, tho he does have the substance to back him up. Regardless, black star's level of idiocy is just o_O But regardless, this BL trio of soul and BS sure has some funny moments. SO-RURURURURURURURUU ftw XD

I'm not really sure how this story will go on tho (hasn't read the manga). It seems that up until now it has all been build-up and introduction of characters, can't wait to see the story go on, though i hope it isn't too episodic or mission based.
Old 2008-05-18, 17:35   Link #77
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I still don't like Black Star he is so annoying.....and loud..he should be cool like soul and just chillll
I feel sorry for Tsubaki having to deal with Black Star's Bull Cookies all the time
Old 2008-05-19, 04:00   Link #78
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Kidd's theme music is soooo cool. >_<

Great episode. Next one seems to be going straight to the main plot.
Old 2008-05-19, 10:42   Link #79
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Aww, Black Star's cool in my book. But that's probably because I hang around people with big egos and I've been told that I'm pretty egoistic myself (fools! they lie!). I found him hilarious and good fun right from the start. There is a fine line between a deluded fool and an arrogant clown, and Black Star is the latter, in my opinion. Moreover, he does have real ability to back up his big words.

Soul Eater has been fabulous so far. A great stress-relieving series that allows me to sit back, relax and laugh. One of my favourite moments in this episode is at the very end, where the true size of Shinigami-sama's soul is revealed. Soul's and Black Star's "love scene" is classic, as is their exaggerated idiot moment of taunting Death the Kid because they can't see the size of his soul.
Old 2008-05-19, 18:13   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I went ahead and tossed a "10" at it --- just thoroughly enjoyable with little gems of more depth.

Would have been nice to see some "backstory" on the Twins and how they met Kid but perhaps that comes later.

Beautiful moments with Maka & Soul throughout the episode. However, I might sleep better if just once Tsubaki would turn into a huge frying pan and multi-smack the tar out of Black Star