AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-01-28, 21:22   Link #22701
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
For something a bit different, Kaijo writes a NanoFate fic!

Spoiler for True Love:
You mean Twilight? *shot repeatedly*

Oh, now I remember why I waited until now to comment on your fic since I'm back safely in my dorm room. I'm laughing too damn hard here! Somehow the Lady and the Tramp, Titanic, and Twilight bits really did it for me. No wonder Vivio got sick!

EDIT: Pageclaim for parodies!
Old 2010-01-28, 21:29   Link #22702
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Got this done as well, so I figured I'd post it and see what kind of feedback I get, based on the way I'm approaching things.

Spoiler for Unexpected Expectations, Chapter 3: Hidden Thoughts:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 21:47   Link #22703
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alavon View Post
So does that mean that Momoko had Kyouya when she was 14?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Well, no, Kyouya isn't Momoko's child, and neither is Miyuki. This is only clarified in Trangle Hearts, but since it hasn't been stated otherwise in the Nanohaverse, it's safe to say the same holds true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Actually, Kyouya and Miyuki aren't Momoko's biological children. Kyouya is the son of Shiro and his first wife, who was killed; Miyuki was left behind by her biological mother, Misato, and raised by Momoko and Shiro. Momoko's only biological child out of the lot in TH canon is Nanoha.
Not necessarily. Momoko could have given birth to Kyouya at 14.

There was someone (I can't remember who right now) who in the Questions and Answers thread asked how old Alicia Testarossa was when she died and how many years passed since then until the first season. Another person answered that it was mentioned somewhere in S1 (I personally can't remember that moment) that she died 26 years prior to Nanoha. Since Precia Testarossa is 40 at the beginning of the story, well... wouldn't that make her 14 years old when she gave birth to her daughter?

Quote:
Shiro, as I just discovered, is 37 and Momoko is 33.
Where did you get that information, if I may ask? I've always been curious about Nanoha's parents and Lindy's age...
Old 2010-01-28, 21:53   Link #22704
Nijiru

@Kaijo: I'll be keeping an eye on this, as you've piqued my interest. All I can say on the note at the bottom is that it's true, and having that happen will affect someone for the rest of his or her life. I know it's affected my life, and I want to see how you have Nanoha deal with it.
Also, I laughed at the Princess Bride parody.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:02   Link #22705
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Got this done as well, so I figured I'd post it and see what kind of feedback I get, based on the way I'm approaching things.

This story has caught my attention, I was a bit ambivalent about it at first but seeing this chapter and the Author's Note made me glad. Rape is one of the most trigger-y subjects out there and you're handling it well. I'm looking forward to more of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post

There was someone (I can't remember who right now) who in the Questions and Answers thread asked how old Alicia Testarossa was when she died and how many years passed since then until the first season. Another person answered that it was mentioned somewhere in S1 (I personally can't remember that moment) that she died 26 years prior to Nanoha. Since Precia Testarossa is 40 at the beginning of the story, well... wouldn't that make her 14 years old when she gave birth to her daughter?

Where did you get that information, if I may ask? I've always been curious about Nanoha's parents and Lindy's age...
Um. I'd rather not think about Momoko and Precia giving birth at 14.
isagrimorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 22:07   Link #22706
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:

Well, I think this course was the most natural, considering the subject matter, so I think it's fine. There were a few errors and typos scattered within, but otherwise, well done.

On rape, you're right about it not being about the sex, it's about power: the power to force some one against their will and take something precious from them. It's not "Damn, she looks fine, I want a piece of that!" but "Look at that bitch, acting all high and mighty! I ought to teach her a lesson!" Also, rape is not usually done by strangers, but some one who knows the victim.

And yeah, men can get raped too, it's just goes unreported. Males, being socialized into acting tough and what not, would never admit to such a thing.

Quote:

It's possible, yes, but probable? I don't think so. Besides, the state of the Takamachi family is explained in Trangle Hearts (the original story), with the only apparent difference being that Shiro isn't dead in the Nanoverse. There's no reason to believe how everyone is related to each other has changed. Other apparent differences from TH can be attested to the universe having different laws, i.e., Shinobu not being a vampire, and Noel not being a robot.

I don't know where you got Precia's age, but the official site for the first season has her age listed as (??)

Quote:
Official character page. Lindy's age isn't listed, though.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:11   Link #22707
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:

Even though I know it wasn't really Yuuno's fault, I can't help but be mad at him. He shouldn't have ran away if Nanoha claim's that he's a nice guy. He is nice, but irresponsible when it comes to certain situations. Running away is a cowardly thing to do, especially after doing what he did (but I guess you can't blame him...>(). Then he says he'll "make up for it" later. I'll be really piss if Nanoha decides to go out with him (forgive him, yeah, she should...). I don't think he deserves that role (friends definitely) and should see and spend time with his child (because he's Yuuno...). But that's it.

I'm really impress, Kaijo. You are the first person to make me feel furious (not at you or at your fic...); I'm so mad that I'm breathing heavily. Man...if Nanoha goes out with him after all that crap...

Nanoha: Even though you raped me, impregnated me and then left me, I'll go out with you, Yuuno-kun!

Yuuno: I love you, Nanoha!

*growl*

Great work! Keep it up and update soon! PLEASE!

P.S. And no; I'm NOT bashing Yuuno. I only said what I sain because of WHAT he did. Even if FATE did that crap (actually, she did in a fic and I was pretty mad at her too! >(), I will STILL be pretty piss off....
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 22:20   Link #22708
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Triangle Heart canon specifically states that Kyouya isn't Momoko's biological son; he was born to Shiro and his first wife. Though, honestly, I don't know how much TH canon applies to Nanoha...
Old 2010-01-28, 22:26   Link #22709
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
It's possible, yes, but probable? I don't think so. Besides, the state of the Takamachi family is explained in Trangle Hearts (the original story), with the only apparent difference being that Shiro isn't dead in the Nanoverse. There's no reason to believe how everyone is related to each other has changed. Other apparent differences from TH can be attested to the universe having different laws, i.e., Shinobu not being a vampire, and Noel not being a robot.

I don't know where you got Precia's age, but the official site for the first season has her age listed as (??)
I know that. However, it would be a way to explain the "Momoko gave birth to Kyouya at 14" thing, wouldn't it? Yes, I know of Triangle Hearts and since Nanoha is a spin-off it doesn't necessarily mean that things stayed the same either.

Nanoha Sound Stage Booklet 02 states Precia Testarossa's age as 40, Linith's as 18 and Fate's as 7-9.

Quote:
Triangle Heart canon specifically states that Kyouya isn't Momoko's biological son; he was born to Shiro and his first wife. Though, honestly, I don't know how much TH canon applies to Nanoha...
Yep, I know. But since Word of God never actually said if everything in TH is the same in Nanoha except for minor details...
Old 2010-01-28, 22:32   Link #22710
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

@Alavon: I don't think Yuuno deserves that much scorn. Sure, it was cowardly of him to leave without confronting Nanoha directly about it first, but he's not so much running away as he is just leaving for a while. He did say that he would be back, so it's not like he's just up and abandoning everything. He's taking responsibility for what happened in his own way by finding out the truth of the matter. Sure it won't change what happened or anything, but he's still trying to make things right (even if it's not the best way).

Well, even if Nanoha wanted to start a romantic relationship with him afterwards, he'd probably still feel far too guilty and undeserving to accept that.

Quote:
Yep, I know. But since Word of God never actually said if everything in TH is the same in Nanoha except for minor details...
It's the other way around: since TH is the basis for Nanoha, Word of God would have to say if anything was different for it to be so.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:33   Link #22711
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

On a lighter note, here's more of, OMG! My Boyfriend is an Assasin! (or "Why Shiro Retired" as the Master of Shiny Crack said...but I still don't have an official title...>.>)

Spoiler for OMG! My Boyfriend is an Assasin! Short:

At least now we know why Shiro learned how to cook.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:35   Link #22712
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
It's the other way around: since TH is the basis for Nanoha, Word of God would have to say if anything was different for it to be so.
*shrugs* Maybe so. I was simply pointing out a similar case and how Kyouya and Miyuki aren't necessarily Momoko's adopted children.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:38   Link #22713
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Well, to be fair, MGLN is already vastly AU from TH considering that Shiro is still alive and well. So other small things could easily have been modified to fit the show continuity.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:43   Link #22714
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

@ 00-Raiser: Maybe but the topic of rape is very personal to me...so I'm being bias...and besides, he shouldn't have left the planet...

@Momoko's Age: And if it's not specifically mentioned, I believe Nanoha is the only biological child of Momoko. After all, it's never mentioned so I think TH creeped itself in canon Nanoha...
Old 2010-01-28, 22:43   Link #22715
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
*shrugs* Maybe so. I was simply pointing out a similar case and how Kyouya and Miyuki aren't necessarily Momoko's adopted children.
Well, your math is off in Precia's case. If she was 40 in SS02, and Alicia had died 26 years before the series, 40 - 26 does equal 14, but... the 26 years is for when Alicia died. How old was Alicia when she died? Maybe like 6-9? So was Precia EIGHT YEARS OLD when she gave birth to Alicia? Possible? Yes (the youngest mother on record gave birth when she was three) but I don't think they'd decend that far into squick territory.

Quote:
Well, to be fair, MGLN is already vastly AU from TH considering that Shiro is still alive and well. So other small things could easily have been modified to fit the show continuity.
Right, like how Shinobu and Noel are both human.

However, the main diverging point is Shiro's death. That's the only discernable point where the two universes split off. As such, there's no reason to believe anything that came before it was different unless specifically stated.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:45   Link #22716
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:
Well, your math is off in Precia's case. If she was 40 in SS02, and Alicia had died 26 years before the series, 40 - 26 does equal 14, but... the 26 years is for when Alicia died. How old was Alicia when she died? Maybe like 6-9? So was Precia EIGHT YEARS OLD when she gave birth to Alicia? Possible? Yes (the youngest mother on record gave birth when she was three) but I don't think they'd decend that far into squick territory.

Right, like how Shinobu and Noel are both human.

However, the main diverging point is Shiro's death. That's the only discernable point where the two universes split off. As such, there's no reason to believe anything that came before it was different unless specifically stated.
WTF!
Old 2010-01-28, 22:46   Link #22717
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ultimately, what matters is what's needed for the fanfic, really. Its up to the author on how the background is presented. If it needs a more regular background, the author can go with that. If it needs something more like the TH background, the author can go with that. Its not something that we really need to worry about until its actually confirmed by 7Arcs.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:49   Link #22718
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
WTF!
True story.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:50   Link #22719
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
@ 00-Raiser: Maybe but the topic of rape is very personal to me...so I'm being bias...and besides, he shouldn't have left the planet...
Personally, I see Kaijo's fic as an example of something of a double rape, myself. There's no doubt, IMO, that Nanoha was definitely raped, if not by Yuuno then definitely by some kind of faceless magic that doesn't know any better. But in a way, I think Yuuno was just as much raped as she was. He tried to stop, but it caused him pain; he was literally forced to continue so it wouldn't hurt him anymore. So IMO, the rape goes both ways in this case; in a way, Yuuno was raped just as badly as Nanoha, if not more so.
Old 2010-01-28, 22:54   Link #22720
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Yeah, well, it's why I found it weird and borderline squick, but hey, that was the recognized answer in the Q&A thread, don't look at me.

About the youngest mother in the world: I knew she was five years old, was born and lived in Peru and that her parents raised her son as their own; the kid grew up beliving his mother was his sister. Where's the three-year-old from?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha