AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-28, 11:47   Link #2381
Seihai
スマイリウム

What Keima said about Chihiro is pretty much right. Her reactions are kinda obvious.
And Ayumi's are, too, plus the "-kun" and the fact that she didn't snap at being called by her first name.

Good chapter, can't wait for next one. It's getting really interesting.

Also, I totally share pain for both sides. Keima for being mistreated to this extent although he had good reasons for his actions, and the goddess girls who feel they were played around with.
Old 2010-10-28, 11:54   Link #2382
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Just read; so now Keima has to face the repercussions of his past conquests.

Oh, this gonna be good. :3

I noticed on the last page with all the girls lined-up, the younger Kusunoki and and Mio were blacked out, and Tenri and Kanon had halos; So that makes two Goddesses confirmed, and Two girls out.

I have a feeling this arc is one going to take a while; once they are all rounded-up though, I don't have a clue where they're are going to take this story; are the days of Keima's capturing soon to be over?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 12:10   Link #2383
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
The last panel would be an awesome view if it were a different situation.
Awesome but deadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
What Keima said about Chihiro is pretty much right. Her reactions are kinda obvious.
And Ayumi's are, too, plus the "-kun" and the fact that she didn't snap at being called by her first name.

Good chapter, can't wait for next one. It's getting really interesting.

Also, I totally share pain for both sides. Keima for being mistreated to this extent although he had good reasons for his actions, and the goddess girls who feel they were played around with.
He calls all the former capture targets by their first names (since that's how you refer to heroines in galge), and has consistently (as they're in his class and friends with his "sister") called Ayumi and Chihiro by their first names to their faces.

As for their likelihood, I get the feeling that he'll end up with both of them on his "no goddess" list for one reason or another as he'll have to end up saving Kanon/Apollo another way, but one of the two will be confirmed as a goddess to the audience. My guess is Chihiro (as Minerva), who we find out is angry at Keima not for two-timing on her or due to her own love for him (although there's certainly some of that) but because of his actions in light of the feelings she's determined her best friend Ayumi has for him. Ayumi is just too obvious to have a goddess...
Old 2010-10-28, 12:13   Link #2384
NecocYaotl

I thought Elsie and Haqua measurement (3 size) not that different, but why... (Haqua T.T)
This chapter kinda weak for me, Keima calculation seems not as bright as usual and kinda forced. And, Keima not knowing that the girls feeling stay even if their memory erased, so he don't factor it in his planning. I wonder if this will make his plan not go as smooth as he think.
This is still step 1 of his plan though, so I hope he will immediately commence step 2 (after meet all the girls in the school).
In her capture, Keima made Chihiro pour hot coffee to Yuta-kun, and now Chihiro do the same to Keima (twice), is Chihiro capturing Keima now? Her cold, expressionless face said she's angry though. Also, Chihiro usually active gossiping with her friends, but look at her now, stay silence and not joining the chit chat. And she looks kinda lonely. Just me thinking too much, I guess.
Ayumi kicks Keima while smiling, kinda expected that. Nothing new.
In the last part where Nikaido step on Keima, wouldn't Keima able to see her panties? She doesn't seem to care though.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 13:07   Link #2385
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Awesome but deadly...

He calls all the former capture targets by their first names (since that's how you refer to heroines in galge), and has consistently (as they're in his class and friends with his "sister") called Ayumi and Chihiro by their first names to their faces.

As for their likelihood, I get the feeling that he'll end up with both of them on his "no goddess" list for one reason or another as he'll have to end up saving Kanon/Apollo another way, but one of the two will be confirmed as a goddess to the audience. My guess is Chihiro (as Minerva), who we find out is angry at Keima not for two-timing on her or due to her own love for him (although there's certainly some of that) but because of his actions in light of the feelings she's determined her best friend Ayumi has for him. Ayumi is just too obvious to have a goddess...
He does, but in chapter 30 page 3 Ayumi was surprised and immediately kicked Keima into his face when he called her Ayumi, telling him not to call her Ayumi and asking if they were ever that close.

And yeah, that makes sense. I guess we'll just have to see what Keima means with his vague hypothesis, it's not like he doesn't expect that he might actually be wrong, he just doesn't have another way to handle this for now than follow his rather simple gaming rules.
Old 2010-10-28, 14:11   Link #2386
Kafriel
Senior Guest

What a mind-wrenching chapter! I've always thought of Chihiro as the simplest girl in the kaminomi universe, so her actions strike as weirder than usual, BUT Keima did ask about them kissing and stuff, which could have stirred up a normal Chihiro, although that doesn't eliminate the possibility of a godess in her...aaaargh gotta read the next one!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 15:49   Link #2387
Xacual

I'm going to take a guess that Ayumi and Chihiro neither have a goddess. We've seen all manga long something that Keima hasn't. That all the girls still react in some way to his presence. Mio did and Kusunoki did too but in Keima's mind they are ruled out. Honestly next chapter I want to see Kusunoki give him the same treatment as Ayumi and Chihiro and force him to reconsider his idea.

The one thing I like about this chapter was the idea that the Goddesses purposely stayed together as much as possible when choosing their hosts. I wonder where Kanon lived 10 years ago in relation to Keima and Tenri.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 15:50   Link #2388
Zekori

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
I noticed on the last page with all the girls lined-up, the younger Kusunoki and and Mio were blacked out, and Tenri and Kanon had halos; So that makes two Goddesses confirmed, and Two girls out.
To early to rule anyone out at this point of time actually, they showed Mio still having lingering feelings by coming in contact with Keima-Yui; the author wouldn't necessarily shown that off or have bothered with it if it wasn't going to sprout up to another plot point, the same goes with the telescope short girl. But I'll say that the younger Kusunoki has less chances especially compared to her older sister, given the fact to memory her arc didn't end with any lead-ins. The ones with the highest chances of a goddess within them (from my perspective) I'd have to say are (in no particular order): Ayumi, Mio, Yui, Chihiro, Hinoki, Tukiyo(?) and the only conflict that Chihiro has at the moment is the fact that Chihiro could have gotten interested or the idea of being interested by Keima due to the last incident and then suddenly finds out he's "going out" with Kanon. Jun is a possible goddess in my perspective, but it's a toss up at the moment imho, the least possible candidate has to be Reiko(?) the ghost capture but information and speculation always changes with the drop of a few tidbits of information.

If the properties (off the top of my head, that's sorta relevant) of the goddesses indicate anything about their hosts; which could be a stretch (for all we know Jupiter Daughter's could refer to the descendant of Jupiter and it could be a mother figure to the goddesses than a male figure); without trying to go to far in other regional beliefs outside roman core myth that involve these gods often in different contexts (such as Celtic): [You can probably google this, and find better source information than my off hand memory]
Apollo - Music, poetry, arts, health, healing, Light
Diana - Hunting, Moon, Darkness, Childbirth, "Fate"
Vulcan - Fire, Smith/Forging (Arms/Armor), Jewelry, Art, Lighting
Mercury - Trade, Currency, Merchandise,
Mars - War, Fertility, Vegetation, Cattle, Combat
Minerva -... Alot; mostly wisdom, war, trade, education, and something else. I want to say prophecy but I'm not sure if that's just my recent completion of AC2 screwing with my memory

Kanon hits Apollo on the spot, but Tenri is a bit of a toss up given Diana who is (unless I'm mistaken) main attribute is wisdom or something of the nature but then again of (not that this says much) the goddesses we've seen Diana seems to be the most capable to defend herself and has good instincts such as relying on Keima during her initial chapters. Assuming there is no figurehead role outside of the six sisters, and there is no "Well you didn't ask" situations; Vulcan is probably the most likely role given what the author based his work off thus far, but like I said this being a fictional work Vulcan could end up being the ditz or airhead of them all if the author is so inclined.

With all that said, @119 I like mostly the little plot point where Keima believes that something else is forcing them to gather to him.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 16:01   Link #2389
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Based on those characteristics some girls make obvious choices. Although some gut intuition is fine too.
Mercury - Ayumi or Sumire. Sumire owns a ramen shop and Ayumi is really fast, (Which is all people remember Mercury (Or Hermes in the Greek version) for anyway).
Mars - Kusunoki. Kinda obvious previous chapter indications be damned.
Minerva - I'd say either Shiori or Jun.
No idea for Vulcan, though Chihiro might fit.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 16:25   Link #2390
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
The last panel would be an awesome view if it were a different situation.
I just wish i was under her foot. Lucky Keima.
Old 2010-10-28, 16:28   Link #2391
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Mars - Kusunoki. Kinda obvious previous chapter indications be damned.
The separate personality within Kusunoki is the less aggressive "girly" version though. It'd be weird if that was Mars.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 16:33   Link #2392
Xacual

That wasn't caused by a goddess though it was caused by the Weiss inhabiting her gap about whether or not she could be feminine.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 17:04   Link #2393
NecocYaotl

Keima shouldn't black out Mio and Kusunoki so soon without meeting them again. Who knows when he meet Kusunoki, Kusunoki will ask his promise about explaining what happen in Hinoki arc? Or Mio whipping him for jealousy, just like Ayumi and Chihiro did? Just a hope though, Keima may won't even bother to search for them.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 17:14   Link #2394
Ashaman

That's one thing that really bothers me.

Both Mio and Kusunoki are blacked out, but the thing is, Kanon didn't have memories of him either. Not until after she met him for the second time.

For Kanon it was capture ----- No memories ------- Group Study/ He seems familiar -- Begins to remember shortly after, Apollo awakens ------- Recent events

For Mio, so far, its Capture -------- No memories ----- Met Yui!Keima ------- ????

Kusunoki is, Capture ------ No memories ------ Met again during Aneue capture ----- ????
Old 2010-10-28, 17:24   Link #2395
Solafighter
Hige

Chapter 119...
Ayumi, you are my #1.

Certainly cant wait for the next chapters... Its gonna be more and more interesting.
Old 2010-10-28, 17:54   Link #2396
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Both Mio and Kusunoki are blacked out, but the thing is, Kanon didn't have memories of him either. Not until after she met him for the second time.

For Kanon it was capture ----- No memories ------- Group Study/ He seems familiar -- Begins to remember shortly after, Apollo awakens ------- Recent events

For Mio, so far, its Capture -------- No memories ----- Met Yui!Keima ------- ????

Kusunoki is, Capture ------ No memories ------ Met again during Aneue capture ----- ????
Perhaps even if a goddess resides within the girl, they won't remember anything about captured by Keima until they met Keima again ? Though if I remember correctly, Kanon didn't meet Keima again until after they did group study right...?

Looks like the next chapter would be intresting..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 18:55   Link #2397
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That wasn't caused by a goddess though it was caused by the Weiss inhabiting her gap about whether or not she could be feminine.
Goddesses don't have Weiss, if Diana's any indication. They just pretended to and released their own captive Weiss to trick the demons. So if any of them manifested magic powers or anything it'd have to come from the goddess rather than a Weiss.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 20:28   Link #2398
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
omg the page (5 or 6 depending where u have the creditpage) where Keima explains why he thinks the goddess are within his captures, i laughed so hard
Oh and according to Keima's theory, Hacchan should also be the host of a goddess D:::::::
but y, keima just mistakes jealousy for hosting a goddess lolz, i mean, if the other girls'd seen that scene, who aren't in his class, they'd act exactly the same ^_-
And Haqua confirmed it
Spoiler:
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 20:28   Link #2399
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Perhaps even if a goddess resides within the girl, they won't remember anything about captured by Keima until they met Keima again ? Though if I remember correctly, Kanon didn't meet Keima again until after they did group study right...?

Looks like the next chapter would be intresting..
Mio didnt even meet Keima at all.All she met was Yui (Keima in her body) so taking her out seems very ridiculous for me, specially if it will be true and no goddess in her. I really cannot see a reason to take her put but either 1) Unfair treatment by the author (don't like the character and gets rid of it as fast as possible not even bothering to give a proper second meeting with Keima. Kusunoki at least got another, her sister related, arc though her blacking out seems unjustified as well) or 2) Keima made a mistake.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 22:50   Link #2400
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Mio didnt even meet Keima at all.All she met was Yui (Keima in her body) so taking her out seems very ridiculous for me, specially if it will be true and no goddess in her. I really cannot see a reason to take her put but either 1) Unfair treatment by the author (don't like the character and gets rid of it as fast as possible not even bothering to give a proper second meeting with Keima. Kusunoki at least got another, her sister related, arc though her blacking out seems unjustified as well) or 2) Keima made a mistake.
I don't think there is unfair treatment by the author, it looks like he has his story plan and he's sticking with it thus far. Compare story frames of say this story, or another where the author is prone to choose reader favorites or such. It's only human error by Keima I highly bet, he probably hasn't picked out all the details and the author points to this in chapter 119 when he has Akari in the capture list who we well know is probably a high ranking new-demon, that and he didn't technically capture Tenri.

Like you pointed out, chances are Mio (if she had a goddess) would have recalled something if not everything if it was Keima actual physical self rather than being in Yui's body. It seemed pretty likely that the author is planning something with Mio with the last few scenes we see from her, and I'm betting she's Mercury; especially with her talk of restoring her fathers company. As for Kusunoki, looking at it while Keima was physically involved he only confirmed that her memories were a bit off (the same logic he ruled Mio out); but it's not like he started hitting on Kusonoki or focused on her, rather he pushed her away as he focused on her sister Hinoki.

Additionally, story wise from our perspective Keima doesn't exactly know if a Goddess has been awakened or not or if they require a trigger. Kanon says when Apollo appeared she was able to remember slowly remember their former memories meaning Kanon had a period of time were she didn't remember anything, but Keima believes that the goddesses are all already awakened and just hiding and the hosts remember everything. So whose to say if Keima passes a check twice because he's trying to force things by his own understanding. Regardless, unless the author wants to push towards to the next arc and end goddess hunting (the story still has unresolved elements to flesh out even after the goddesses have been established, so even if Keima catches them all I dont think things will go smoothly as he hopes).
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen