AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 10:36   Link #2441
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm 70% sure Ayumi has a goddess in her. That leaves three.

Shiori, Sumire, and Nanaka/Hinoki are my picks.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:07   Link #2442
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I'm 70% sure Ayumi has a goddess in her. That leaves three.
I'm 80% sure it's a red herring and she has a crush on Kemia. But who knows ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Shiori, Sumire, and Nanaka/Hinoki are my picks.
I'm guessing only one of them will have a Goddess in them though. My bets are on Minami, Mio (yes, I refuse to give up hope till bitter end and still hold that Kemia is making mistakes in his reasonings), Sumire and Tsukiyo. Mind you those are just whom I'd love to come back, but I guess Tsukiyo, Shiori, Yui and Hinoki have the clearest signs to make them candidates.
Old 2010-10-31, 23:02   Link #2443
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I'm 80% sure it's a red herring and she has a crush on Kemia. But who knows ...
Only 80%? It seems far too obvious to be anything else to me. We have to have some pay off on the residual capture feelings that have been alluded to since the first chapter, and Ayumi's an ideal choice.

Keima is damn good at being Genre Savvy. He may just be the most genre savvy "harem protagonist" in history. But he's also prone to being Wrong Genre Savvy. Much like House, he far too often screws up before he finally figures things out. So I'd say no candidate is confirmed until we see her goddess, and likewise, I wouldn't cross any of the girls off the list until a) #6 is confirmed, or b) Nikaido/Akari/Diana/one of the other goddesses rules someone out.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-10-31 at 23:16. Reason: kant spel
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:11   Link #2444
AlaAlba

Quote:
but I guess Tsukiyo, Shiori, Yui and Hinoki have the clearest signs to make them candidates.
Tsukiyo, Shiori, Yui, Hinoki have the clearest signs? and what is that? XD
they barely had screentime in any arc since their own arc.

Tsukiyo and Shiori are the most forgotten ones as they havent made any have they, while Yui is the K-on member she shows up every now and then. Hinoki is abroad and Keima won't go that far to chase her XD
the slightest posibility is Yui.

I still think Keima's hyphotesis is that Goddesses would likely be at Kanon and Tenri's age. following his theory that "Kanon and Tenri is captured by me then the other goddesses would also be among my capture"
then it would be
"Kanon and Tenri is second year then the other goddeses would also be inside girls the same ages as them" XD XD

Spoiler for 120:
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 23:29   Link #2445
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post

Tsukiyo and Shiori are the most forgotten ones as they havent made any have they, while Yui is the K-on member she shows up every now and then. Hinoki is abroad and Keima won't go that far to chase her XD
the slightest posibility is Yui.

I still think Keima's hyphotesis is that Goddesses would likely be at Kanon and Tenri's age. following his theory that "Kanon and Tenri is captured by me then the other goddesses would also be among my capture"
then it would be
"Kanon and Tenri is second year then the other goddeses would also be inside girls the same ages as them" XD XD

Spoiler for 120:
Oh man I actually think your theory is pretty smart since it clearly explains why Keima went to Jun and Minami this chapter. Haqua will probably say its stupid but it makes sense in terms of game mechanics.

Last edited by omimon; 2010-11-06 at 23:07.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:00   Link #2446
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Only 80%? It seems far too obvious to be anything else to me. We have to have some pay off on the residual capture feelings that have been alluded to since the first chapter, and Ayumi's an ideal choice.
Oh I agree it's too obvious, which is why I'm giving a 20% for the Untwist option. As we've seen previously, the author loves to throw us the occasional curve balls from time to time, and this seems a case where he is giving clues throughout the Manga to make Kemia believe that Ayumi is a candidate while the readers (already aware of Wakaki-sensei techniques) would be lead to believe that she had developed a crush on him, only for him then to reveal all along that Kemia was right. I personally don't think it's a very likely option, but I can still see it happening.

And as you can see, I'm one of the faction who are sure Kemia is making mistakes in his conclusions on this search. I'm not entirely dismissing his judgments, but it's quite clear he's making many mistakes along the way (your analogy with House fits quite well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Having less screen time doesn't mean they have less of a chance of having a goddess in them.

Mind you, those 4 I've listed have the clearest signs due to the others having either no signs or extremely murky ones XD

But anyway, if you've read Shiori's omake, you'd see that she seems to be regaining some of her memories indicating she might have a goddess.

Tsukiyo at the end of her arc where she focused her telescope on Kemia and was seen blushing.

Yui is really going by Kemia needing to check back on her despite him already crossing her out along with Mio and Kusunoki (implying there is something he needs to check).

Hinoki is going by the end of her arc where she drove off into the sunset and her sisters comment during her arc.

Of course, we wont know until we actually see a goddess reveled.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:32   Link #2447
Alsagoz
The Green Cat

For Chihiro and Ayumi, either of them may think that their friend is in love with Keima (I think it doesn't matter either/both/neither of them has a goddess) and it might cause an interesting event of Matchmaker Crush
Alsagoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:00   Link #2448
Shadow5YA

Yeah, I'm also wondering how Keima is going to juggle multiple goddesses at once. All the girls who have goddesses will certainly have affection for Keima, but it seems like they would all get jealous if Keima is with a girl that's not one of them.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:59   Link #2449
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Well he's God, so it'll work out.
I say his presence alone should suffice to please all their needs
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 17:48   Link #2450
ellifeedn
Thinker

I would suggest that they would want, at the very least, equal treatment among themselves. However, what will happen to removing runaway spirits from new targets with that going on?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 19:22   Link #2451
Shadow5YA

Diana wanted Tenri to marry Keima. Unless the goddesses support polygamy (doubtful, considering the jealousy) or are a lot more lenient, I don't see how Keima can keep them under control without a lot of harem fighting going on, Tenchi Muyo style.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 05:10   Link #2452
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler:

I personally think that it's a good idea that the author created a boundary rather than testing every girls since by the time we see all 16 girls again it's be 2011. I think we'll see Keima approach Shiori first next chapter and then Tsukiyo and Yui together since they are in the same class. I think what the author is going to do is after figuring out the candidates Keima is going spend the Dance festival reconquering the candidates so the power of love will fuel the goddesses.

Just for the record, even though Keima says he captured 16 girls, he's only actually done 14.

Last edited by omimon; 2010-11-02 at 05:25.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:17   Link #2453
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Food for thought:
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 11:44   Link #2454
Clarste
Human

Keima's plan specifically denied the idea that fate or subconscious will was gathering the goddesses. When Haqua suggested it he thought it was absurd. So regardless of whether or not it's true, that's not what his theory is. His theory doesn't rely on coincidence disguised as fate, so it's probably not as simple as "near me". More likely, it's something practical that might cause the same effect in the long run, like "lived in this neighborhood when the spirits were released" or "around this age range" or both. Which would mean that they're local and his age range, so of course they'd very likely be in his class. Something like that.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 12:18   Link #2455
pampz21
ShipCore

oh man~
Spoiler for ...:

EDIT:
Seeing Kami-sama getting sentimental is an epic moment and its worthfit!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-11-02 at 14:56.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 01:21   Link #2456
Isekaijin

But Ayumi has next to no reason to fall in love with Keima if she didn't remember the capture at least unconsciously. I'd accept it if Keima triggered another event with her, but he didn't. The next time they talked after the capture, she already showed conflicted feelings.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 04:52   Link #2457
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
But Ayumi has next to no reason to fall in love with Keima if she didn't remember the capture at least unconsciously. I'd accept it if Keima triggered another event with her, but he didn't. The next time they talked after the capture, she already showed conflicted feelings.
Well Keima is a bishounen... and well Keima did help them study once. Sure you can say that those are hardly enough but you never know.... maybe Ayumi's just hopelessly in love right now.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 06:23   Link #2458
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:

Tsukiyo at the end of her arc where she focused her telescope on Kemia and was seen blushing.
Mio at the end of her arc too looked at Keima and was blushing. So? That's really not an indicator.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 14:45   Link #2459
Clarste
Human

In the beginning every single arc ended like that. It's always been implied that they keep their feelings even without the memories.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 15:10   Link #2460
pampz21
ShipCore

hmmm...
I just notice that Keima really know what part to play>!
First at Jun, he came for a friendly go!
then go bishounen for Minami
then go emo!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen