Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-13, 04:14   Link #141
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- The cold open with Shingo talking about his asthma has no relation to the rest of the episode whatsoever, so I'm wondering if that will be a plot point later or its just there to set the atmosphere.
They do something similar with Angie's backstory in the beginning of the episode. She just mentions it and then there's a scene change. It seems as if they don't mind nonchalantly mentioning plot points and leaving them be.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 16:46   Link #142
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Been a while since I watched a VN adaptation (at least this type of VN).

I'm mostly giving it a shot because I loved what Manglobe did with TWGOK. So far I don't have much to say, it seems fairly typical, but it's fairly entertaining and looks very pretty.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the characters - here's to hoping they flesh them out.
Old 2011-10-13, 16:51   Link #143
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Well Sana is my favorite character from the original game, but I am sure we will get to see more of her later on and then we get a more proper introduction of her.

Spoiler for game spoiler for Sana, so don't read unless you want spoiled:
I'm aware of this from what I read. From what you guys have stated so far, it's been faithful to the original game. The timing of the anime does make the PSP game components possible to integrate, but it doesn't seem too likely. [However, it's possible the PSP game up to this point in the game had little difference as well.] Well as you stated, because of that specific role, you actually won't have any issues with over-allocation at all. In terms of anime balance she's the only major girl from the girl's school that's directly assisting on integration (Sena opposed, Miu is 3rd year not directly associated with test, Angie is a maid). Presentation had to be smooth on that regard which was why I was very happy with it.

Instead of repeating what hyl, relent, and the others have stated, it's nice to know that I wasn't the only one that noticed either the differences or something else.

Yay for reduced decay. I don't remember much from the game as I only recall the early portions, particularly *spoiler for episode 3*.

Funny how Sakuno talking speed was mentioned. I actually think Angie talks too fast but that's actually about right from what I recall. The anime can't really afford a slower pacing than what it's already doing.

Nothing spectacular but so far, functional definitely. There's plenty to look forward to so can't wait.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 18:14   Link #144
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
The timing of the anime does make the PSP game components possible to integrate, but it doesn't seem too likely. [However, it's possible the PSP game up to this point in the game had little difference as well.]
I don't think the psp game stories will be integrated in the anime.
However the only major difference when comparing to the psp game and the anime so far is that the 6th heroine (psp original character) would have been introduced in episode one, which unfortunately didn't happen.

edit: and i forgot to mention that the anime switched the order of certain parts of the story a little, but that's not too relevant

Last edited by hyl; 2011-10-13 at 18:37.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 04:31   Link #145
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

From this episode, it can be deduced that :
Shingo Uryuu - Typical likeable guy, who is also helpful, friendly, occasionally clumsy, has some bad luck, and a fairly quick learner.

It seems quite a few of the series of the 2011 fall batch have rather good OP/ED.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 05:21   Link #146
Seiryuu

Interesting change from ep1 to ep2. Lots more fanservice here. Not to mention that there's none of the death ray censors that white out half the screen like many new series.

A little annoyed at just how quick the girls were to persecute, esp. the ringleader Sena of course. She never made any effort to try and accept him or consider the possibility that he wasn't a bad guy. And the girls also didn't seem to be quite conscious enough of themselves, doing very little to try and protect their privacy or let the guys know when a place was off-limits. At the beginning of the year in an entirely new school, there's a lot of potential for mistakes and the girls should have tried to take some steps so that the guys would know; it's not that hard to forget when lost in thought that a room is being used for changing.

At the very least, it doesn't make sense that the girls thought he'd broken the chalk on purpose. It was just dumb luck that it wound up near the desks, he'd just as likely to have had to pick it up in a mundane location with nothing to see.

Particularly big to me was them making the guys change outside. No matter what the girl to guy ratio is, they should have been able to make one classroom available for them. If the girls had changing rooms then there'd be a classroom free, and if the girls are using the classrooms then let the guys use one too. At the least, the fact that they're undressing in a classroom might help the more absent-minded guys remember that people could be half naked inside.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 05:45   Link #147
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Interesting change from ep1 to ep2. Lots more fanservice here. Not to mention that there's none of the death ray censors that white out half the screen like many new series.

A little annoyed at just how quick the girls were to persecute, esp. the ringleader Sena of course. She never made any effort to try and accept him or consider the possibility that he wasn't a bad guy. And the girls also didn't seem to be quite conscious enough of themselves, doing very little to try and protect their privacy or let the guys know when a place was off-limits. At the beginning of the year in an entirely new school, there's a lot of potential for mistakes and the girls should have tried to take some steps so that the guys would know; it's not that hard to forget when lost in thought that a room is being used for changing.

At the very least, it doesn't make sense that the girls thought he'd broken the chalk on purpose. It was just dumb luck that it wound up near the desks, he'd just as likely to have had to pick it up in a mundane location with nothing to see.

Particularly big to me was them making the guys change outside. No matter what the girl to guy ratio is, they should have been able to make one classroom available for them. If the girls had changing rooms then there'd be a classroom free, and if the girls are using the classrooms then let the guys use one too. At the least, the fact that they're undressing in a classroom might help the more absent-minded guys remember that people could be half naked inside.
"Change is hard" is the theme so far, and this fear of change is what defaults the girls' treatments towards the boys. My meager experiences in life has made me think that a large number of girls operate based on emotion rather than logic. So a girl's actions may not make sense at times (especially to us boys who tend to think with logic and reason), but there's almost always an underlying emotional reason for it. This "fear of change", I think, is the case here.

I think deep down, Sena knew that she's being irrational, but she just can't help it because she's not yet ready to embrace this change. Making the boys change outside can also be thought of some last acts of rebellion to this change; it's the girls trying to preserve their comfort zone. The Youhime girls all lack "common sense", and the school principal is trying to change that. If we see it this way, Sena's mother might not be as abrupt as she appears to be .
Old 2011-10-14, 08:21   Link #148
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Well, there still was surely a better way of handling this (so not trying to bring too much "logic" into this poor decision -- they still could taken turns changing in the designated washroom or something), but for what it's worth there are only two "test classes" in the school: one in first year (Sakuno's class), and one in second year (Shingo's class). The two test classes have gym separately because they're co-ed, unlike regular classes where the do gym classes in classroom pairs. So the insinuation is that there isn't a spare classroom. Now, odds are that one of the other unrelated classes should have had cooking class or something else that requires a room change... but it seems to me that they don't want to give the boys access to more than they must. And for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like Japanese schools in anime have ever heard of dedicated Changing Rooms which would solve the whole problem.

So yeah, all that to say it's not supposed to be blatantly illogical... though, admittedly, there surely had to be a better solution. No doubt this experience will prompt them to think of something going forward. (At least they could have put a "Do Not Enter" sign up while they're still changing. ) Beyond what erneiz_hyde said above (which I think was very well-stated), it's also sort of an "old habits die hard" thing, where the girls have to learn to make accommodations for the guys as well, and not just keeping on the "that's the way we've always done it" route. At this point, the guys are having to make most of the "physical" accommodations, with the insinuation that just having guys there in the first place is a big accommodation for some of the girls. That's just how isolated and set in their ways they've been up to now.
Old 2011-10-14, 12:51   Link #149
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

It's strange...it's almost as if Shingo and Sakuno's initial meeting with Sena never even happened. Sena, to me, thought highly of Shingo at first - though now she seems to be irritated by him.

Yes, I'm more than aware that recent events will have transpired against that relationship for the time being (poor Shingo couldn't catch a break with Sena there...and given Sena's 'authority' over every other girl in the school, it seemed that he was being persecuted by all and sundry). Somehow I put myself in his shoes for this...that was not a nice feeling, knowing you're pretty much hated.

Thankfully, Miu Amaha and Sakuno brought him out of his funk (as well as Inui Sana showing that not all girls in the school hate him). If what happened in cooking class shows me anything, it's that Shingo definitely is a natural leader - though unlike other leaders who usually talk big and very rarely back it up, Shingo leads by example. As such (apart from Sena, naturally), it seems the boys have improved their standing with the girls. Probably a small baby step, but it's a start.

...the fact that I've spent so much time talking about the story shows, to me, that I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Pace felt perfect (even if some plot elements were left as loose strands for the time being) - and I'm certainly looking forward to Ep 3. Long may this continue.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 18:38   Link #150
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Another slow episode although it little bit faster than the last one. Still no progression with other girls except the blonde-haired one.

As I can tell from ed, the sister is also part of harem too like blonde-haired one, red-haired one, the maid and of course blonde haired one. I don't need a brain to tell this isn't going like Yosuga no Sora, I mean omnibus format.

It is ironic that I'm enjoying this show more than Horizon-something and Gundam AGE.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 03:25   Link #151
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep , it's typical.
Dunno why , i can't get into this anime. So i'll pass for this one.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 05:30   Link #152
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Good second episode. So many misunderstandings. That poor guy can't get a break.

Why watch it? Of the four or so drama anime shows I'm watching, it's nice to have a light-hearted anime not heavy in dialog or action. It's hard to find decent harem or romantic comedy anime shows season to season as it is. (Even if they are too cliched to watch.)

It seems there are times while watching episode 2 I was expecting something to happen between Sena and Uryuu that was very typical of these type of animes. Seeing a tsundere like Sena isn't new and I'm sure I've seen that hundreds of times already. But, how she reacts in front of Uryuu throughout those various misunderstandings, is actually opposite of what I expected. No slap or punch. In the end, his reputation gets tarnished and is labeled the class (or school) pervert. Lol.

I'm liking the color palette used, it's soft and bright. It's rather close to the CG art used for the game when I see the pictures of them posted on places like Zero-Chan.

As someone mentioned above, this season seems to have a good selection of OP and ED songs compared to previous seasons. I'm definitely liking the OP song of Mashiro-iro, and the ED song is quite catchy.

Also, whenever I see Inui Sana though, I am reminded of this girl, Corticarte from Polyphonica [Crimson S]:
Spoiler:

They look almost the same. O.o

Heck, even Inui has a large bow in her hair too:
Spoiler:

In the end, it may not be like other VN-based harem animes such as Clannad, Shuffle! or Amagami SS, but Mashiro-iro works quite well and is enjoyable to watch. We'll have to see if it can turn out to be decent or quite good in the end.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 11:22   Link #153
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... late to the party here, but after the first two episodes I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw, although it has hard to put in words.

There are (so far) elements of ... umm ... "restraint", maybe? "Normalcy"? Something like that - the usual heavy emphasis on fanservice tropes and patterns among the characters are mostly not there, and if at all present they are quite limited in number and level of reaction - at least so it seems to me. It somehow makes the characters, and even the story, a little more interesting and even "fresh" in a way.

Hmm ... I think I will add this show to the "tentative watch" list for now.

7/10 vote from me for both eps 1 and 2.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:20   Link #154
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Hmm ... late to the party here, but after the first two episodes I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw, although it has hard to put in words.
That sums it up pretty well. There were several times in the first two eps - especially the second - where my internal monologue was saying "Well, I know what's about to happen here. Sigh... Oh, wait - it didn't happen. Interesting..."
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:40   Link #155
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Also, whenever I see Inui Sana though, I am reminded of this girl, Corticarte from Polyphonica [Crimson S]:
Spoiler:

They look almost the same. O.o

Heck, even Inui has a large bow in her hair too:
Spoiler:

In the end, it may not be like other VN-based harem animes such as Clannad, Shuffle! or Amagami SS, but Mashiro-iro works quite well and is enjoyable to watch. We'll have to see if it can turn out to be decent or quite good in the end.

For me, I think she looks similar to Kaenbyou Rin from Touhou (Game)

http://i.imgur.com/GF759.jpg
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 04:53   Link #156
ookamigirl

Guys at an ex all girls school. Not an easy adjustment.
Cooking class was fun ^^
Nice, fun & relaxed episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 05:58   Link #157
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

So far all the girls are very likable, especially Inui and Miu who are very kind towards people.

Sena is still being hesitant over her acceptance of new male students though, nothing much about Sena in this episode except for a few more misunderstanding between her and Uryuu.

This episode focus more on Uryuu adopting the new school life.

Nevertheless, this is still a fun episode and very enjoyable one
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:23   Link #158
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for episode 3:

edit: i should have put some spoiler tags in my post

Last edited by hyl; 2011-10-18 at 15:49.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:41   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2011-10-18, 16:53   Link #160
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Iroiro 03 - Flag Raised for Airi Route:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen