AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 17:02   Link #161
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

So it's just a straight harem ero-game adaptation. But I am enjoying it thoroughly. Nice to watch people behaving well. And nice to see the romantic feelings grow gradually. The pace is good, for me.

Ono Ryouko is really working for me as Airi:

Although she has only done a moderate number of anime roles, she has done a lot of ero-games (mainly as "Gogyou Nazuna") and a lot of TV/movie dubbing. She is 34. (EDIT: Born 1977 -- I'll work on my arithmetic. I thought she looked well preserved, lol.)

An even more prolific ero-game seiyuu, Gotou Mai, is playing Sakuno, the younger sister.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-10-18 at 21:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:53   Link #162
hyl
reading #hikaributts

ANN says that Ono Ryoko is 34 years old

All of the seiyuu's in mashiphony are pretty very well known eroge seiyuu's. The ones with really lots of eroge roles are probably the seiyuu of Pannya and Airi's mother: Sakurai Harumi (also known as Kazane, who does lot's of tsundere characters (like Yuuhi Katagiri in the game version of Akaneiro )and also last year she did Yurippe in Angel beats) and Ange's seiyuu : Oma Ichimura(i have heard "Miru" in way too many games)

Edit: Eventhough she is not that well known as the rest, Mayumi Yoshida did have this year roles in 3 eroge anime adaptions: Mashiro iro symphony, Hoshizora e kakaru hashi and Ore tachi ni tsubasa wa nai

Last edited by hyl; 2011-10-18 at 18:13.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 01:35   Link #163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ahh, good old fashion Tsundere development from Sena, honestly we don't see a lot of them these days. Slow and steady progress makes it all the more delicious at the end, and I think it helps that the other girls are just friends (for now) so there's no complications.

I still don't think Shingo is a interesting character to follow but he has proven himself reliable when it really matters, even if it takes a day or two for him to get there
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 02:34   Link #164
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 02:49   Link #165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've just recalled Keima saying something about Events triggered outside of School would level the playing field, sure that was for the teacher route but I think it should work for Tsundere class representatives

After all she's only opposing boys in her school, she has no problem with them outside.

Oh, he only said something about having a common secret would bring people closer together
Old 2011-10-19, 04:44   Link #166
elior

the end of the episode in the supermarket with airi was very funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've just recalled Keima saying something about Events triggered outside of School would level the playing field, sure that was for the teacher route but I think it should work for Tsundere class representatives

After all she's only opposing boys in her school, she has no problem with them outside.

Oh, he only said something about having a common secret would bring people closer together
you agree the end of episode 3 at the supermarket with airi was very funny?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-19 at 10:30. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 04:51   Link #167
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ermm, it was cute I guess but I wasn't exactly rolling on the floor...
Old 2011-10-19, 06:25   Link #168
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

For those who are curious, the OP single releases on the 26th of this month [A week from now!] and the ED single releases the 9th of November. I'm looking forward to them.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 13:01   Link #169
Marina2

I planed to use this as my signature but it's too big for this forum's rules ,so I will share it here.

Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 15:00   Link #170
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I planed to use this as my signature but it's too big for this forum's rules ,so I will share it here.

http://i.imgur.com/WbQCT.gif
That reminds me of one more thing from episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2011-10-19, 18:05   Link #171
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3:
Spoiler for that scene in the game:
Old 2011-10-20, 03:57   Link #172
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

There were many things off with the animation of faces in this episode. But the good thing was that a lot more things were being animated this episode than before. Maybe its because the amount of group interactions has increased.

There were also moments, like the scenes where Shingo and Airi are alone in the classroom where they just stand there being contemplative when they don't have much of a reason to be doing so. At least not for such a long space of time anyway. Oh well.

I knew what Manglobe were going for in the scene where Shingo fixes someone elses watch, but it felt a bit awkward nonetheless.

"MYAIO" was cute, until I realised the only "cat" in this show goes "Uryuu~!".

The characters remain a likeable bunch. Tempo is fine and the atmosphere remains nice. And there were lots of pretty sunset shots of the characters this time around. While I can't quite see current developments as "romance" yet, the gradual process of Airi softening up doesn't feel rushed or awkward. So it was again an enjoyable episode.

Spoiler for game:
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2011-10-20 at 05:04.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 04:07   Link #173
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
I know what Manglobe were going for in the scene where Shingo fixes someone elses watch, but it felt a bit awkward nonetheless.
Yeah how did he do that ?

As far as I know there's only two ways to fix a watch on the fly, either you hit the switch or you hit the watch
Old 2011-10-20, 06:06   Link #174
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

For a harem anime, I'm actually quite surprised by Mashiro-iro. Having seen a lot of anime shows in this genre, I tend to expect a lot of the usual tropes and over used mechanics in them.

However, up to this point in the series, it doesn't seem to follow a lot of what other traditional harem anime shows have done in the past.
Spoiler:

Edit: Forgot to mention but Madoka kind of corrupted me into thinking that Panyaa is the cute version of Kyuubey. >_>; I keep expecting him to request the girls make a wish. ~_~;
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 06:16   Link #175
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

After watching Ep. 3 with subs a moment ago:

As I mentioned before, it was - for me - quite cute how Airi is starting to struggle with her hard outer appearance when she's with Shingo. Her slight blushing cheeks after he "freed" her from Miu's pet was lovely. Furthermore Shingo did the right choice by trying to not let Airi's harshness affect him and stays friendly e.g. thanking her for her high expectations after the second notebook session and how he remained calm during her outburst pre-supermarket bargain sale. I thought that Shingo would like to know/ask her reason of why she thinks it's a bad thing to ask for help (it seems like one of the more important reasons somehow), but decides for the better and leaves it like that. Shingo totally pwns her idiomatically with his "nice words that makes her feelings sway" .

For the "future": I would like an episode more focused on Sakuno. She seems like the kind of character who uses as few words as possible to get the message across, be it for being shy or other reasons. And I expect an episode of the study session for mid-terms (a generally favorite occation in school-life VNs)

Overall, a fun episode that made me smile most of the time, which is quite a good sign. Then again, I stated that I don't mind a "too normal" romance-anime. The sweeter the better
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 06:20   Link #176
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I enjoyed the VN. Seeing that you mentioned shuffle and clannad , well don't expect too much drama because the story arcs of every main heroine are mostly fluff.

edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post

For the "future": I would like an episode more focused on Sakuno. She seems like the kind of character who uses as few words as possible to get the message across, be it for being shy or other reasons. And I expect an episode of the study session for mid-terms (a generally favorite occation in school-life VNs)
Spoiler for possible spoiler for later episodes:
Old 2011-10-20, 06:25   Link #177
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I enjoyed the VN. Seeing that you mentioned shuffle and clannad , well don't expect too much drama because the story arcs of every main heroine are mostly fluff.
Yeah, the anime so far is more light-hearted compared to Shuffle and Clannad in terms of drama. However, the feel of the anime kind of separates itself from other harem anime shows I've seen.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 08:05   Link #178
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

So far so good, Manglobe are doing a very fine job with the series and it's shaping up as a pleasant experience to look towards each week. Like many have noted before, this show has all the core ingredients you'd expect to find in a rom-com, yet it steers around the usual pitfalls and cliches of the genre that we have all come to expect. In many ways it's treading familiar ground, yet the more refined and reserved storytelling turns the whole deal in a refreshing experience.

The character interactions are a strong point indeed - I liked how they added that little bit of Sakuno reading in Shingo's room and offering a word of encouragement while the later musses over his woes with Airi. A scene that felt both peaceful and natural - you can feel the closeness of the two, without any of the usual tension that would accompany a female cuddling up on a male's bed in anime, siblings or not. Instead, they really give off the calm feeling of two people who have been living together and are used to (and comfortable with) each others presence.

Airi's willingness to share her feelings and thoughts regarding Shingo with Sakuno was a nice touch as well, at least she isn't being completely closed up and dishonest.

And speaking of Shingo, he sure has the patience of a saint. Some of it may be the responsibility he feels resting on his shoulders (bringing together the two student bodies) and knowing he may well be the best (only?) shot they have at dealing with Airi, but he genuinely didn't seem annoyed at her harsher expressions and took her somewhat unreasonable ranting in stride. A good foil for her bullheaded attitude indeed. (And probably a not too pleasant mirror for Airi to look in if she were to do so ... I'm not sure she would like herself from a sideways look in their interactions).

Airi aside, the rest of the female cast continues raking up cuteness points - double so in Miu's case. The more I watch her on screen, the more I recall why she was my favorite heroine of the game. And her introduction of Pannya was golden - completely normal and unfazed, while the screen switches to the "cat" assaulting Airi in the corner. Classic ? Indeed, but still got a good laugh out of me (Shingo should borrow Pannya and keep it around for when he needs to pacify Airi )

The big event was obviously the shopping mall though, and them running in to Airi there. (There sure was a lot of focus on her 'grocery bag' throughout the ep). Her expression was pretty much as expected upon noticing Shingo - flustered like hell, and only getting worse as the group of friends kept pouring around the corner. That scream was sure to disturb the customers

Not that there was much of a reason to scream like that though - it's not like Shingo caught Airi picking out her underwear or something. Though I guess she might not appreciate the fact she has been 'caught' ditching her class rep duties so she can go capitalize on the discounts - ah well, she will probably get a chance to explain her screaming next ep. Looking towards that.
Old 2011-10-20, 10:29   Link #179
elior

can somone do a avi picture of airi face at the end?

avi of her funny face with the tears in the end supermarket i mean

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-20 at 10:51. Reason: Please edit rather than double-posting
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 11:46   Link #180
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
That's when I ask myself, "Is this really a harem anime?"
It's a harem anime in "form" but not substance. What I mean is that, yes, there are five girls that surround the protagonist and are possible love interests, so by that definition I guess you could say a potential harem surrounds him. But most of the harem genre is typified by all the girls fighting over the protagonist, a lot of back-and-forth over who the protagonist might choose, and typically a lack of resolution even in the end because it's all about "a guy surrounded by a lot of pretty girls". So in those shows you might say that "the harem is the point", but in this show the harem that assembles is only the foundation for the story. When adapting these sorts of games to anime, the writers have some choices about how they can re-structure the story to combine multiple parts of the game that are otherwise incompatible (the separate routes that follow after branching points), and it's because of that restructuring that they can sometimes take on more "harem" traits than were in the original work. (Some of the original games also had something of a "harem" theme in the first place.) But in this case, the work was never really intended to be "harem", except that gathering the harem is necessary to branch off into one of the many possible routes (i.e. you have to get to know each heroine before you can pick one route to follow).

So all that to say... I personally wouldn't call this a "harem anime", even if it has some harem elements, mostly in the basic setup and "form".

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
To those that played the VN, was it any good?
If you like what you've seen in the anime so far, it is being quite faithful to the game both in content and tone. The latter is perhaps the most important point, since that's a bit more difficult to convey when switching from one medium to the other. If I could describe the game in a short phrase it would be "over-the-top sugary-sweet romance". Even more so than the other games you mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
(There sure was a lot of focus on her 'grocery bag' throughout the ep).
Ahhh... will post more about that in the game thread just to play it super-safe.

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen