AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 21:13   Link #441
Cal-Reflector

So, anyone got any info on the OP and ED themes of this show? Oh, and how many episodes... dang it! 13... Well, probably due to the effects of the anime, the manga for Kamisama Kazoku has been on display up front and center in the stores. Wonder if I should buy that.
Old 2006-07-15, 02:15   Link #442
Likely

i wish this show had higher priority with the subbing groups. it's really funny.
Likely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 18:07   Link #443
Itlandm
Porcupine

It cannot easily be helped... there was a delay with both of the fansub groups, one of them is reorganizing and the other (only one person at the time) had problems translating ep 5, which has a lot of talking heads. So the whole thing was a few weeks delayed. Normally, two fansub groups should be plenty for a romantic comedy.

Another question, though: Anyone know if the novels are finished? I suppose we cannot expect a conclusion to the anime if there is not one to the novels. (I believe both the manga and the anime are based on the novels.)
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 14:58   Link #444
Chikushou
Plantgirls, bonsai!

Episode 7: http://raspberryheaven.net/~adtrw/to...5D.mkv.torrent

I'll be out of town this week, so I don't know when 8 will be done. Honestly, I rather hated the way 8 ended after so much good development, but we'll keep doing it anyway.
Chikushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 17:48   Link #445
Itlandm
Porcupine

I understand how you feel about ep 8. But look at the bright side: It could have happened in the last episode. That would have been depressing. It's not like we haven't seen that happen in other anime recently.

But for now, thank you for subbing ep 7. A lot of people have been hungrily waiting for it, of course. Hopefully most will be able to take some kind of summer vacation while we wait for you to struggle through Ep 8 in the summer heat, after your week out of town. ^_^ Seriously though, thank you. It is like a small christmas every time a new episode of is out! Because right now, KK is my favorite anime and has been since you started translating it.
Old 2006-07-18, 12:54   Link #446
lavielove

Well said Itlandm. Wish you to have a nice trip Chikushou. Like Itlandm said above I'm sure I will come and silently celebrate in this thread every time the episode is coming out from you whenever you do.
--------

Quite weird that Ai chan grew up so fast in such a way.The girl in the wheelchair got me interesting in this episode.I belive she has a devil within her.I'm just wondering the little girl who stopping her is Ai chan.I hope she is.

------------------------
The screen saver for Kamisama Kazoku anime can be downloaded from the official site. http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/kamisa...er/index.shtml

preview

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-07-21 at 12:24.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 10:55   Link #447
Itlandm
Porcupine

If you have watched Ep 7 to the end, I recommend you go back to Ep 5 and play the sequence where Shinichi and Samatarou are in the tree, and Shinichi points out the particular girl he is interested in. Do you see the same thing that I see? ^_^
Old 2006-07-19, 19:15   Link #448
lavielove

Yes, I played that sequence again. But no matter how I'm looking at , I still can't see a hint. >.< In that scene, Shinichi told Samatoru that he loves that girl and Samatorou felt de ja vu to her.Is that pillow a hint ?
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 19:59   Link #449
Itlandm
Porcupine

Actually I was thinking about the one with the braids.
Spoiler for screenshots:
Creepy, isn't it?
Old 2006-07-20, 11:34   Link #450
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw Episode 10.
Spoiler for Episode 10:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:27   Link #451
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 16:23   Link #452
Omniscient

Episode 10 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
hi no ken Jebus, there are 3 more episode left. The final episode 13 will air on August 10th. See syoboi's calendar.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 07:34   Link #453
NeoSam

The first chapter of the seinen manga Kamisama Kazoku has been scanlated by Solaris-SVU group.

Link: Manganews.

Go to their IRC channel to get it.
Old 2006-07-21, 12:08   Link #454
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
O.o Oh the manga! I haven't been able to find that in Chinese (PM me if you have found it in Chinese though). I am glad to find it in English.

The only problem is I have forgotten how to use mirc. <.< Now I need to read through that blasted tutorial all over again.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 03:14   Link #455
axeps2

Hi, has anyone has any information on whether the novels has ended ? And how close do the anime follow the novel? is there enough material for a second season after episode 13?
axeps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 10:06   Link #456
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 10 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
hi no ken Jebus, there are 3 more episode left. The final episode 13 will air on August 10th. See syoboi's calendar.
Concur. This was not a very good episode, and quite a few inconsistencies appear, though that may be simply due to shoddy story editing. Most prominent of the problems is Samatarou's inconsistent attitude towards Tenko; upset at her forgetting their kiss one day, jealous of her the next, then repeating the mantra that she's just a childhood friend who has nothing to do with him.

Problem 2: The re-introduction of Kumiko is done poorly, in my opinion. How does she just pop back and ask Sam out, just like that? No lead up, no explanation, like a very unpersuasive con.

There are other holes besides these, but they were particular glaring in this episode. The poor transition in emotional development has been the primary weak point of this otherwise delightful and entertaining series.

Question: For those who've finished Eureka Seven, was anyone reminded of that chilling scene of Anemone when Tenko was laughing even as tears ran down her face? Eerie... even the laugh bore strong resemblance.
Old 2006-07-22, 11:51   Link #457
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I liked ep7 a whole lot - I smiled throughout the episode.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 12:49   Link #458
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Question: For those who've finished Eureka Seven, was anyone reminded of that chilling scene of Anemone when Tenko was laughing even as tears ran down her face? Eerie... even the laugh bore strong resemblance.
It's probably because Anemone and Tenko share the same seiyu Ami KOSHIMIZU
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 13:42   Link #459
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal-reflects
The poor transition in emotional development has been the primary weak point of this otherwise delightful and entertaining series.
The humorous moment in the episode also seemed forced and awkward. At the same time I'm intrigued by Kumiko and her latest return. If she is indeed the evil charming damsel with ulterior motifs, why did she leave in the first place? And what sort of changes in circumstances have brought her back this time?

As you said, an explanation is necessary, although the inconsistency in transition is nothing new for this series thanks to Samatarou the spoiled-brat.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 15:19   Link #460
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
...The poor transition in emotional development has been the primary weak point of this otherwise delightful and entertaining series....
It's almost one of the show's main characteristics. Within two episodes, we had just about the whole emotional story, and we've been running variations on it ever since, complete with resets. I'm inclined to think the producers don't care about things happening suddenly and out of the blue, that they think of it as part of life in the world of the gods. That's probably why it isn't really bothering me, yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen