Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2014-07-01, 09:56   Link #2401
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Hmm, sounds like Cui just went after Yuuya in the first place because he was the "flavour of the week." So much for the "lasting relevance" of that plotline. This makes me wonder if Cui was just a "throwaway" character.

Is the Shogun Yuuhi Koubuin still alive, though? She's the only one who can let Yuuya "cash that cheque," right? If he survives and she sees it, she might even recognize it and start asking questions, since according to what you wrote Yui has no intention of telling Yuuya outright.

If this were an earlier era, when nobles of differing countries cemented alliances via political marriages, Yuuya could marry Latrova to form the basis for a lasting Russo-Japanese alliance. The two definitely hold a genuine respect for one another.

[SPOILER="The ending to TE"]
How is Inia "borderline broken"? What, does she go yandere and lash out at anyone not Yuuya? Assuming her powers have been stabilized (though obviously not her mind) is she confined to a capsule unless Yuuya needs to talk to her? It'd be very amusing if they turned her feelings for Yuuya into an anti-esper weapon--if she's pushed the right way, perhaps she could telepathically "infect" other espers with her feelings for Yuuya, allowing him to command them.

I wouldn't say a throwaway character for cui. her presence spice up the game interms of relationships quiet a bit. not to mention she was involved in alot of action scenes that were cut from the anime. At the end though it couldn't be helped, clearly yuuya did not reciprocate her feelings and escaped the base a wanted fugitive, what was she to do? follow him? Disobey her country and step off the battlefield to be with him?

Since this is the Alternatve timeline as we have Operation ouka at the end, not to mention takeru and A01 showing up in the Xg-70. Yes, Yuuhi is alive, though whether she will ever meet Yuuya is doubtful. Yuuya have no reason to be in japan what so ever. The only thing would be that sometime down the line someone in Japan will notice that Yui's katana is missing, But if yui died in Ouka then that could be easily handwaived by saying its lost to the BETA, otherwise Yui will probably just carry a different katana that can be disguised to look like her original, its not too difficult.

you really have this thing with Latrova eh. Unfortunately they are unoffical step son and step mother in canon. Also the Russo-Japanese alliance thing would not work just on the fact that Latrova is suppose to be dead in russia remember. she lived under an Alias and had her identity changed by sympathetic Russian government and military officials. She revealed her true name during the Climax of Operation ouka to rally the faltering russian troops for a final charge, but its safe to say that she would need to go into hiding again after Ouka lest some Communist party member want her truly dead again. Yuuya is in the same boat, Back in the states the only friend he has that supports him for what he has done is the Infinities, the base commander in Area 51 who is a friend of his grandfather and then there is his uncle; his mother's brother who works in the NSA. Of course lets not even think how long it would take before Imperial japan can even accept a half-blood gaijin becoming a members of their noble houses. People will undoubtedly go apeshit in that country.

Spoiler for inia:
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 17:24   Link #2402
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Have it stated the true goal of Shiranui Second Phase 3? It was meant to catch up to Su-47, but then Ouka was right next to them, and they would still use the Phase 2 for mass production?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 18:10   Link #2403
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Have it stated the true goal of Shiranui Second Phase 3? It was meant to catch up to Su-47, but then Ouka was right next to them, and they would still use the Phase 2 for mass production?
the actual phase 3 was unplanned, the final product was very far from what the japanese envisioned. Heinnieman build them with YF-23 parts, since he loved yuuya's mother and believed that the F-23 was his and yuuya's mother's "child" and that it was fitting to have her biological son pilot a machine that was the embodiment of her brain child project. And no shiranui second other than yuuya's phase 3( where it was mistaken for an unknown Russian prototype TSF) participated in ouka. 12 modified version of the phase 2 was trialed by the Japanese for operation sledgehammer 2 years later as seen in TSFIA.
Old 2014-07-09, 02:08   Link #2404
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
I wouldn't say a throwaway character for cui. her presence spice up the game interms of relationships quiet a bit. not to mention she was involved in alot of action scenes that were cut from the anime. At the end though it couldn't be helped, clearly yuuya did not reciprocate her feelings and escaped the base a wanted fugitive, what was she to do? follow him? Disobey her country and step off the battlefield to be with him?
Ever since James Cameron's Titanic, everyone thinks that last sentence is part of what makes a great love story. Anyway, it's a bit of a disappointment to me that Cui turned out to have less of an impact on the story than what we might have been building up to. At least her antics during the "mixed camping trip" were funny--come to think of it, maybe Satelight should have waited until AFTER they were finished with White Album 2 before animating Muv-Luv Total Eclipse. They clearly had a lot of success and made lots of money from WA2. It's too bad they couldn't have turned that money towards TE.

Quote:
Since this is the Alternatve timeline as we have Operation ouka at the end, not to mention takeru and A01 showing up in the Xg-70. Yes, Yuuhi is alive, though whether she will ever meet Yuuya is doubtful. Yuuya have no reason to be in japan what so ever. The only thing would be that sometime down the line someone in Japan will notice that Yui's katana is missing, But if yui died in Ouka then that could be easily handwaived by saying its lost to the BETA, otherwise Yui will probably just carry a different katana that can be disguised to look like her original, its not too difficult.
Oh, "the fates conspire to bring you to what you least expect," or so they say. Anyway, I hope he takes good care of his "family heirloom." One of the repeated themes of ML is that people need to overcome their short-sightedness and work together, and that "the right one for the job" is sometimes the one you hear "problematic" things about.

Quote:
Back in the states the only friend Yuuya has that supports him for what he has done is the Infinities, the base commander in Area 51 who is a friend of his grandfather and then there is his uncle; his mother's brother who works in the NSA. Of course lets not even think how long it would take before Imperial japan can even accept a half-blood gaijin becoming a members of their noble houses. People will undoubtedly go apeshit in that country.
Let me guess, if the Shogun Yuuhi declared Yuuya a noble and also made him a leader of a TSF group due to his combat record, half of the remaining Japanese forces would desert/refuse orders in protest? Guess Yuuya is left to prove himself the only way he can, his combat record (which, barring successful communication and understanding with the BETA, will be the only measure of victory for the human species in this fictional universe). All the politicking/scheming/backstabbing we saw in the series didn't bring humanity closer to defeating the BETA, after all.

Quote:
you really have this thing with Latrova eh. Unfortunately they are unoffical step son and step mother in canon. Also the Russo-Japanese alliance thing would not work just on the fact that Latrova is suppose to be dead in russia remember. she lived under an Alias and had her identity changed by sympathetic Russian government and military officials. She revealed her true name during the Climax of Operation ouka to rally the faltering russian troops for a final charge, but its safe to say that she would need to go into hiding again after Ouka lest some Communist party member want her truly dead again.
I have a soft spot for Latrova because she was underused in the anime. And war can make strange bedfellows; sometimes with an emphasis on the "bed" part. I think Yuuya waking up next to that face every morning might not be such a bad thing for both parties.

Anyway, I read some criticism on the MAL boards that accuse Kouki of trying to duplicate the success of MLA by putting similar plot elements in later series (such as TE and Schwarzesmarken, which are themselves somewhat similar in the way their plots unfold already). I hope he starts to make future entries in the ML series more unique soon. Still, I'm looking forward to hearing about what happens next for the Schwarzesmarken characters (assuming they'll still be illustrated by Carnelian).

Is Inia so focused on what you mentioned because of how the Soviets engineered her mind, or is it a flaw in how she was engineered? It doesn't seem very "efficient" for her to focus on such things. If it were a flaw in how she was engineered, then does Kasumi Yashiro also have it (since she is a psychic from the same "generation" as Inia)?

Last edited by Mazryonh; 2014-07-09 at 15:37.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 21:35   Link #2405
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post

Let me guess, if the Shogun Yuuhi declared Yuuya a noble and also made him a leader of a TSF group due to his combat record, half of the remaining Japanese forces would desert/refuse orders in protest? Guess Yuuya is left to prove himself the only way he can, his combat record (which, barring successful communication and understanding with the BETA, will be the only measure of victory for the human species in this fictional universe). All the politicking/scheming/backstabbing we saw in the series didn't bring humanity closer to defeating the BETA, after all.

Is Inia so focused on what you mentioned because of how the Soviets engineered her mind, or is it a flaw in how she was engineered? It doesn't seem very "efficient" for her to focus on such things. If it were a flaw in how she was engineered, then does Kasumi Yashiro also have it (since she is a psychic from the same "generation" as Inia)?
can't tell you too much about schwarzmaken as i have only finished reading vol 2. i have them sitting in my backlog to go through at some point when i m not too terribly busy.
my biggest problem with having yuuya return to the fold of japan is that i don't see how or why yuuya would want any of it. He certainly have less animosity to japan after TE but by no means does he want to go to japan much less suddenly finding himself a illegitimate member of high class japanese society. I mean i guess i could see a sequel that would eventually build up a plausible course of action that eventually lead to yuuya going back to japan, but as of the state that is the end of TE i don't see how having yuuya go back to japan would make any sense. Currently, he is dedicating himself to protecting Inia and following Latrova.

As for inia, She doesn't "focus" on negative emotions, she just find them interesting and cute. She is as i said; she is just mentally broken, most likely developed from her traumatic experiences she went through when she grew up. I don't believe this has to do with her being build that way. Things like this are common even in real life, there is alot of Fu**ed people out there because of how they were raised.
Old 2014-07-10, 04:24   Link #2406
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I doubt that we would have a TE sequel - After Ouka is basically a death era, like after UC in Gundam. There is little chance that Age would develop a game set in that time.
Old 2014-07-10, 10:11   Link #2407
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Actually Gundam did came up with a conclusion for after UC well maybe its better said that UC was also part of it.
Old 2014-07-10, 21:20   Link #2408
B214

Who knows? Maybe Kouki can create a post alternative story where around 2005/6 where humans have eliminated Beta to the last few hives.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 08:11   Link #2409
John117xCortana

It'd also involve lots of human dickery between the surviving nations.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 18:48   Link #2410
B214

Hmm, that's quite possible. They were already at that even when the Beta was around, who knows what will happen once the Beta aren't around.
Old 2014-07-11, 18:54   Link #2411
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Can anyone imagine this game getting localized in the future?
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 20:52   Link #2412
G147

I don't think it would.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 02:29   Link #2413
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I doubt that we would have a TE sequel - After Ouka is basically a death era, like after UC in Gundam. There is little chance that Age would develop a game set in that time.
So Ouka fails, BETA eats humanity and all carbon-based life on the planet, and all that's left are stragglers trying to hide? I guess that's one way to write yourself into a corner without Deus Ex Machina stuff.

Quote:
can't tell you too much about schwarzmaken as i have only finished reading vol 2. i have them sitting in my backlog to go through at some point when i m not too terribly busy.
You should go and read the volumes, then post some nice plot summaries in the Schwarzesmarken thread. Don't be surprised if you get a sense of Deja Vu from that story; blame Kouki!

Quote:
my biggest problem with having yuuya return to the fold of japan is that i don't see how or why yuuya would want any of it. He certainly have less animosity to japan after TE but by no means does he want to go to japan much less suddenly finding himself a illegitimate member of high class japanese society. I mean i guess i could see a sequel that would eventually build up a plausible course of action that eventually lead to yuuya going back to japan, but as of the state that is the end of TE i don't see how having yuuya go back to japan would make any sense. Currently, he is dedicating himself to protecting Inia and following Latrova.
Oh, it just might be worth it to see that happen and then see everyone's reaction in Japanese high society. And what might Latrova's plans be? One more Russian Revolution, this time for "Liberty and Justice for All," maybe?

Quote:
As for inia, She doesn't "focus" on negative emotions, she just find them interesting and cute. She is as i said; she is just mentally broken, most likely developed from her traumatic experiences she went through when she grew up. I don't believe this has to do with her being build that way. Things like this are common even in real life, there is alot of Fu**ed people out there because of how they were raised.
Hmm, interesting to know. I thought that the Soviet espers would have had their personalities largely programmed (guarding state secrets and all that).
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 06:41   Link #2414
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Here's a thought: what if Kouki realizes he's out of ideas for Muv-Luv and goes to ask Urobuchi to write a finale for the series?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 06:45   Link #2415
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Here's a thought: what if Kouki realizes he's out of ideas for Muv-Luv and goes to ask Urobuchi to write a finale for the series?
It would either by bloody glorious, or (more likely) bloody mindboggling.

All You Need Is Kill was released in 2004, Muv-Luv in 2003. Well, is this a coincidence or not?

Last edited by Fireminer; 2014-07-12 at 19:25.
Old 2014-07-13, 03:01   Link #2416
royalzaku

does the total eclipse vn only have only one ending just like alternative had, and if so can someone tell me the ending of te?
royalzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 08:05   Link #2417
B214

Yes TE only has one ending.
Old 2014-07-13, 15:35   Link #2418
royalzaku

does everyone except cryska live and do yuuya and yui get together even though they are half siblings?
royalzaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-13, 16:35   Link #2419
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalzaku View Post
does everyone except cryska live and do yuuya and yui get together even though they are half siblings?
reading the last 2 pages should answer all your questions.
Old 2014-07-13, 16:59   Link #2420
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalzaku View Post
looking at Orimo.....
Answer = yes
(to bad it only have one ending >_<)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto