Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-29, 03:46   Link #81
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
BTW, any new info on the release date(if S2 is legit)?
According to Moon Phase it'll come out... any time after Summer 2004. Could be the 31st of December 3003 for all you know but, you can forget about it until after SUmmer 2004.

I didn't like any of the characters in Stellvia except maybe the female teacher with the funky silver hair. I dunno. Even tehn she's not all that well done...
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 05:28   Link #82
kamij0

i hope they wont make the 2nd season with alot of unexplains just like season 1
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 06:53   Link #83
marin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn
Shima was the only crybaby of the show, all the other female characters are pretty tough. Anyway Shima was young only in her teens, so shes a immature person, whats not real about that. I think there are people like that..
I'm talking about the group crying session, which felt like writers trying to convey the emotional ties between all of the girls in the most overwrought theatrical fashion possible.
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 13:55   Link #84
AnimeFangirl

Also referred to in some male circles as "The PMS episode."
Old 2004-03-01, 02:28   Link #85
JediNight
キズランダム

Well with the Cosmic Fracture they stated that it was the cause of the Hydrus Beta star going supernova to begin with. So they ARE related -- its not like they just decided to go the DBZ route with saving the world hehe.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 08:52   Link #86
hakasan

Great to hear that there will be a 2rd season. I would think they will most likely develop on story on Shipon's brother and Alisa (?) 's sister, well, at least it seems that way at the end of season 1. Remember Ayaka mentioning at the end as well, that she looks forward to be coaching Shipon's brother (is his name Masato?).
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 11:11   Link #87
thegreatjason

Ah, I can't wait for season 2 I enjoyed this show becuase it was an emotional and uplifting(for the most part) show. Shima's whining wasn't that big of a deal, emotional breakdowns happen alot in anime.

I am a little dissapointed though, that they're bringing this show back. In my opinion it is one of the only animes in recent memory to have a truly great ending, it's the only anime ending I can think of off the top of my head(besides SP) that when I watched it I said,"Wow, what an awesome ending, I'm glad things turned out the way they did."
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 11:29   Link #88
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, it does leave much to be explained. Like that alien race...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 13:03   Link #89
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
god, no disrespect but stellvia, though it can be very good at times, the aftereffect of this anime wasnt that good, i mean after i wacthed this, it just became 'another anime ive seen' like most other animes.

second series huh? well im not sure id be watching
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 17:50   Link #90
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Even though I think a second season might not turn out well, I still want to see what they'd do with it. I'd really like if they went into all the political problems that would arise from there not being a unifying purpose now. That would be very interesting, and, of course, the aliens were left completely unexplained, so they'd need that in there too...

I loved the series, but the odd thing is, I didn't really like any of the characters. Except for Akira, maybe. I know just about every single peson has said this, but Shima really got on my nerves near the end. And I wanted to kill Kouta for almost the whole second half of the series. If he just happened to die, and then Shima stopped crying all the time, Stellvia would be a lot better off.

So basically, I just said exactly what everyone else did. Why did I bother to post?
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 13:48   Link #91
Laguna
Aikidoka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso
Next season for Stellvia?
If there is god there won't be. I don't remeber hating any other series with same passion as uchuu no stellvia. Only good thing about this serie was animation which was very nice.
Laguna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 14:14   Link #92
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I hope there isn't a new season. It's my opinion that after episode 12, or so,
that the original should have ended. The plot went down hill after the first
half and by the end of the second half, I was seriously hoping they would fail
and all die.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 14:21   Link #93
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Seems like Stellvia was one of those animes that was a hit over here, but didn't do so well overseas.

Rumors suggest that a second series is in the works, maybe for this fall at the earliest to next year revolving around Shi-pon's brother and Alisa's sister.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 13:11   Link #94
Arcy

Stellvia of the Universe Season 2?

I've read a far number of forums looking for this question, but i found it best to asked here at animesuki.

I heard a rumor of a second season of Stellvia of the Universe in the winter/fall. I read a post here as well talking about someone wanting to sub it. My question is has it been officially Announced stated that this is a second season.

Can anyone link me to the site or any other information proving that there is a second season planned. I rather not get my hopes up for nothing.

Arigato!

Arcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 04:48   Link #95
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

well... you can check the discussion in these boards... there have been a couple of threads discussing this very topic...

Next season for Stellvia?
Stellvia 2nd Season (Recruiting)
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 03:33   Link #96
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

i like stellvia a lot too! though i agree with the long lull in the plot after fending off the first wave.

i wouldn't mind a second season at all.
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 16:40   Link #97
Blaat

Simply put time will tell
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-05, 22:39   Link #98
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
Hrm... I liked Stellvia, but in my opinion it was pretty mediocre, not really worth a second season. The only reason I'd want a second season is to see more of the relationship between Ayaka and the girl with glasses (sorry it's been a while ^_^;; ) . Heh, of course my shoujo-ai fan girlism makes me a bit biased =P
Sharkbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 18:00   Link #99
WindStriker
Cool Whip

Stellvia question

I cant wait for stellvia 2nd season but i have had a troubling thought. If geneon has liscensed the series have'nt they alread liscenced the second season?
WindStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 18:15   Link #100
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindStriker
I cant wait for stellvia 2nd season but i have had a troubling thought. If geneon has liscensed the series have'nt they alread liscenced the second season?
no the license is for the first season only. That doesn't mean that Geneon can't be trying to get the license for the second season.

As long as there isn't an official press announcement, the series isn't licensed
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote