Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-24, 12:51   Link #11541
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I just don't want the immortal Lelouch and C.C. ending. Not because I'm anti-CluClu, it's just that if CluClu does happen, I want them to be mortal and somehow seal Geass in the end. I mean, the show regularly announces that it's an evil power and those who have it are destined to be alone, so it seems to me that if Lelouch is to be with anyone, they need to get rid of the evil power. Plus, it gives the series closure.

I also don't see why they have to die OR go into the world of C. Lelouch has been hiding his ID for 7 years and C.C. has been on the run for, what, 600. It's not like they couldn't blend in and disappear.
I agree being immortal together doesn't solve anything. Technically coz they're not exactly ending the Geass curse. By sealing the Geass power forever gives the series a better resolution.

But oh well Okuichi will surprised us.. who knows.

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Old 2008-09-24, 12:54   Link #11542
X_Danny_X

say, do you guys think that C.C. and Lelouch were about to kiss? i wonder if they need to somehow bond close together and kiss for this Zero R. to start.
Old 2008-09-24, 12:55   Link #11543
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I just don't want the immortal Lelouch and C.C. ending. Not because I'm anti-CluClu, it's just that if CluClu does happen, I want them to be mortal and somehow seal Geass in the end. I mean, the show regularly announces that it's an evil power and those who have it are destined to be alone, so it seems to me that if Lelouch is to be with anyone, they need to get rid of the evil power. Plus, it gives the series closure.

I also don't see why they have to die OR go into the world of C. Lelouch has been hiding his ID for 7 years and C.C. has been on the run for, what, 600. It's not like they couldn't blend in and disappear.
The hell it did, I felt Turn 24 reinforced my own adage about power being neither good nor evil, it simply depends on the person and how they wield it. Geass is as Lelouch attributed it, as being like his mask of Zero, the manifestation of peoples wills, their hope for tomorrow and struggle against the hardships of the world, a symbol that individuals do have the power to grasp happiness and their cry against a reality that would smother their dreams

I'm fine with an Immortal ending or anything else so long as the pairing happens, I'd be like Methuselah and say this would be a good opportunity for the both of them to explore the world and its boundaries after having both been caged in it for so long
Old 2008-09-24, 12:56   Link #11544
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
The hell it did, I felt Turn 24 reinforced my own adage about power being neither good nor evil, it simply depends on the person and how they wield it. Geass is as Lelouch attributed it, as being like his mask, the manifestation of peoples wills, their hope for tomorrow and struggle against the hardships of the world, a symbol that individuals do have the power to grasp happiness and their cry against a reality that would smother their dreams

I'm fine with an Immortal ending or anything else so long as the pairing happens, I'd be like Methuselah and say this would be a good opportunity for the both of them to explore the world and its boundaries after having both been caged in it for so long
That is fine, but it still needs to be destroyed. Because if someone gets Geass and uses it for bad, it will cause a lot of pain. Just like it did to Lelouch early on. It needs to be destroyed for the sake of the planet IMO.
Old 2008-09-24, 12:57   Link #11545
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
That is fine, but it still needs to be destroyed. Because if someone gets Geass and uses it for bad, it will cause a lot of pain. Just like it did to Lelouch early on. It needs to be destroyed for the same of the planet IMO.
But he conquered it eventually, c'mon Orga don't be like Schneizel, have some faith in humanity like Lelouch and their will to grasp happiness and a better tomorrow
Old 2008-09-24, 13:00   Link #11546
Orga777

Quote:
But he conquered it eventually, c'mon Orga don't be like Schneizel, have some faith in humanity like Lelouch and their will to grasp happiness and a better tomorrow
For every Lelouch, there are three Power-Hungry tyrants. That is a fact. Can we be sure Geass won't fall into their hands? It has to go still IMO. Whether that entails Lelouch taking C.C.'s code in the end and he himself controlling the fate of Geass, then that may work too I guess. But in any case, it has to go.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:04   Link #11547
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
For every Lelouch, there are three Power-Hungry tyrants. That is a fact. Can we be sure Geass won't fall into their hands? It has to go still IMO. Whether that entails Lelouch taking C.C.'s code in the end and he himself controlling the fate of Geass, then that may work too I guess. But in any case, it has to go.
Ah, but weren't the Power-Hungry Tyrants revealed to have not been actual power-hungry tyrants?

Look, all I'm saying is that the crux of Lelouch's belief lies in the will of people, one day they'll be able to find that which they all along for, together, and maybe one day they'll be ready for Geass, just as they may be ready now yet to take up the mantle Zero Requiem will inspire them towards.

I'm just saying, its good to keep your options open is all. >_>

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-09-24 at 13:24.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:07   Link #11548
Orga777

Quote:
Ah, but weren't the Power-Hungry Tyrants revealed to have not been actual power-hungry tyrants?
In this case... XD But is everyone like Schneizel and lelouch? If they get the opportunity will they follow the same paths? That may be TOO much faith.

Quote:
Look, all I'm saying is that the crux of Lelouch's belief lies in the will of people, one day they'll be able to find that which they all along for, together, and maybe one day they'll be ready for Geass, just as they may be ready yet to take up the mantle of Zero Requiem.
That is fine, but Geass is still dangerous. Especially when it starts to lose control. What would happen if there are more people like Mao? What happens if another disaster happens because of Geass? That is a lot of faith on such a dangerous power that can seduce people to do things they may otherwise wouldn't do. Not everyone is strong to fight it either. Just my opinion.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:11   Link #11549
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
In this case... XD But is everyone like Schneizel and lelouch? If they get the opportunity will they follow the same paths? That may be TOO much faith.

That is fine, but Geass is still dangerous. Especially when it starts to lose control. What would happen if there are more people like Mao? What happens if another disaster happens because of Geass? That is a lot of faith on such a dangerous power that can seduce people to do things they may otherwise wouldn't do. Not everyone is strong to fight it either. Just my opinion.
Its the only way I think true change will occur, to smother it out would be like smothering out free will as well I feel, the voice of our cries for a better tomorrow that each of us shares

Well, you could say the same thing about this peace or whatever Lelouch is aiming for, it takes into account his faith in the ability and will of people, that if change or a better tomorrow is to be realized then these dreams, hopes, and aspirations must be made manifest. If we try, if we can believe, I think we may yet be able to conquer and control Geass much like our free wills from giving into desire as Lelouch seems to believe and make the path to the future. That's just my take anyway, not like geass has to be even be made explicit in the finale
Old 2008-09-24, 13:12   Link #11550
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
That would not be a satisfactory ending at all. I once thought that Code Geass was about liberating Japan from Britannia and create the UFN to protect it.
Code Geass would have been horrible if that was indeed what it was about. But no, it's always been about Lelouch seeking revenge and once he got it, well, you saw what logically came next.

Japan and the UFN was just one of Lelouch's assets/tools in his plans, it was never his endgame or final goal.

Quote:
the only happiness and better tomorrow Lelouch knows how to grasp is his own.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:15   Link #11551
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Code Geass would have been horrible if that was indeed what it was about. But no, it's always been about Lelouch seeking revenge and once he got it, well, you saw what logically came next.

Japan and the UFN was just one of Lelouch's assets/tools in his plans, it was never his endgame or final goal.

the only happiness and better tomorrow Lelouch knows how to grasp is his own.
Eh, what was next? World Peace? Wow, so horrible, we should burn that man at the stake, after all he's even letting us do exactly that so that we can grasp a better tomorrow... I mean geez, you'd think people couldn't learn as time went on how shortsighted and narrow-minded petty things like revenge and nations and all that were in comparison to the world as a whole and people in general >_>

Oh, and last I check they threw him out... <_<

Uh, kay, cause being the most hated man on the planet is so much fun am I right?

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-09-24 at 13:26.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:17   Link #11552
Dandylion
Banned

The official summary from the TV Guide. "A broken Britannia now enters an era of peace under the rule of Empress Cornelia, by her alliance with the UN peace is finally achieved. In a world where everything Suzaku and Lelouch wanted to protect cannot be protected, they must face their final decision. Farewell, Suzaku! Farewell, Lelouch! We’ll meet again, someday… “
Old 2008-09-24, 13:20   Link #11553
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
The official summary from the TV Guide. "A broken Britannia now enters an era of peace under the rule of Empress Cornelia, by her alliance with the UN peace is finally achieved. In a world where everything Suzaku and Lelouch wanted to protect cannot be protected, they must face their final decision. Farewell, Suzaku! Farewell, Lelouch! We’ll meet again, someday… “
Wouldn't take that too seriously, that sounds almost exactly like the those fake spoilers from before >_>
Old 2008-09-24, 13:21   Link #11554
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
like the one about the albion being in ep 21 ?
and kallen and suzaku's fight in 24 ?
didnt we hear these "spoilers" a while ago along with 24 "lelouch defeates shnizel but at the cost of the woman who loved/supported him"
Old 2008-09-24, 13:23   Link #11555
KrimzonStriker

Don't trust anything at this point, especially after the preview, the lines in the preview, and that voice casting nonsense, they're screwing with us on so many levels I'm not trusting anything until we actually see the episode itself
Old 2008-09-24, 13:24   Link #11556
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
like the one about the albion being in ep 21 ?
and kallen and suzaku's fight in 24 ?
didnt we hear these "spoilers" a while ago along with 24 "lelouch defeates shnizel but at the cost of the woman who loved/supported him"
TV guide said nothing about the Albion's appearance it was Newtype and Animedia who made the mistake
Old 2008-09-24, 13:26   Link #11557
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
so who's gonna die next

Farewell...and thank you.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:27   Link #11558
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
so who's gonna die next
If these things actually have any basis I'm thinking Nunnally... I know, I'm evil
Old 2008-09-24, 13:29   Link #11559
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
If these things actually have any basis I'm thinking Nunnally... I know, I'm evil
I think right know it should be realistic <_<.
Seriously, Nunally will die.
Old 2008-09-24, 13:31   Link #11560
Kusaja

Quote:
Wouldn't take that too seriously, that sounds almost exactly like the those fake spoilers from before >_>
That is the same thing I realized after reading it. Looks like somebody just altered the words and phrases to make them sound slightly different.

This would need an actual source and hopefully some proof. When that was originally posted as part of the fake spoilers, nobody provided anything.

Just saying this is from a "TV guide" may not be enough if there isn't something to prove it.
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers