AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-12-16, 20:21   Link #1
Kyomi
What do I know?

AnimeSuki 2008 Choice Awards nominations

Welcome to the second edition!

The time has come once again to pick the favorites/best/(insert legally acceptable term) shows of this year.

The process will be similar to last time but the rules have slightly changed. Please read through carefully in order to properly participate.

Rules:

-Everyone that registered before December 1st are eligible to nominate and vote.

-Nomination ends on December 27th 2008 Midnight (PST or GMT -8) A post will be made to announce the ending.

-Unlike last year, eligible series and OVA's must have ended airing/released in 2008. It makes no difference when the show started but ongoing series are not allowed.

Keep in mind the nominations will end this year but the voting will take place early 2009. This is mentioned to assure that the shows that did not yet finished airing will get their chance to do so.

Since most of us don't live in Japan it might be hard to rate movies the same way. Thus the date for movies is extended to the home release date. (I.E. A movie that screened in 2007 was released on DVD this year is fine)

-Due to the change in the previously mentioned rule, the winners of last year are unable to participate in the same category where they won. That would be:

Clannad in {K} Visual/Animation
Hinagiku {P} Female Character

Link to last years thread.

-Another situation rising is one where a few series aired both it's prequel and sequel during the same year. In order to avoid splitting the votes I strongly suggest that you simply vote for its first "season" and consider it as a whole. But it's up to you to decide what you do with your vote.

Lastly please to do not edit or delete your post as I will simply void your nominations. It's a serious hassle to deal with when you guys do so.

In other words: Make sure you are confident about your choices when posting. There is a list provided, read through it if you think there is something else that you would rather prefer.

The Categories:

Upon last years debate, there was questions rising where we should employ the term "best" or "favorite" in order to discern if one should vote with or without a bias opinion on his personal taste. Basically it is who "should" win against who do "you want" to win. While this form of pool is made for the members of the AnimeSuki forums, most of us remain fans of the industry. So I'm not going to ask you to put your "Oscar Judge" tag on and will simply leave the choice up to you. Odds are as long as this is an open vote popularity will play its role.

-Please include the series with the character categories.

-{A} Action/Fighting

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy

-{C} Mecha/SciFi

-{D} Mystery/Horror

-{E} Comedy

-{F} Romance

-{G} Slice of Life (There, rejoice!)
(Actually this one is here purely by popular demand. I would like for voters to be careful when evaluating this category that can easily blend in with comedy and light romance/drama.

-{H} Fanservice

-{I} Sports/Game (Game here relates for a hobby related theme that might not quite fit as a "sport" I.E. Board game as Shion no Ou)

-{J} Storyline

-{K} Visual/Animation

-{L} Soundtrack

-{M} Movie

-{N} OVA (Because sometimes(more like often) you can't compare to a movie production, ova has it's own category this year)

-{O} Male Character

-{P} Female Character

-{Q} Villain (A bit reluctant into putting it but you never know unless you try. To make it clear this means the "Bad Guy" and you are voting for him because you either like him or think he brilliantly played his role (nicely portrayed))

-{R} Worst Character (No worst anime this year. But you can still rant on the character that you hated the most or was (brilliantly) portrayed as despicable.)

How to nominate:

-You are allowed Three (3) choices in every category, One that will count as two (2) points and the others will count only as one (1)

-You do not need to vote for every category, or put up three choices per category, anything fewer is allowed.

-you can nominate the same anime more than once.

-Both favorite(and worst) Male and Female categories are about nominating characters, but you should include which series/movie/etc they are from.

-If not specified, the first choice you listed in a category will be considered the two (2) points nomination.

-For each category you can either write the letter [From A to R] or the category name as long as you keep it in the same order.

-Obviously, the ones that move on to the voting process are the ones with the most points at the end. Top 4 is usually selected unless there is a tie or very close match in which case there might be 5.

Tools:

In order to help you out. Here is a list of anime that ended in 2008. While I'm pretty sure the Series and OVA list is pretty complete, the movie one lacks to the fact I couldn't find a list along with DVD release dates. So you're choice can include but not limited to this list, if you find something that isn't listed and fits in the criteria, I will add it.

It's up to you to determine which category you think a series belongs to. If you need more info on those series just look them up on AniDB or ANN

I strongly advise that you look it up before selecting.

Spoiler for 2008 Anime List:

Template to save you some typing. Just copy it or make your own, all good.

Spoiler for Template:

Thoughts:

Perhaps by godly luck last years result we're pretty impressive in the way many anime we're nominated in multiple categories but there was no duplicate winners. To be honest I find it more interesting that way however I have no intentions of restricting a series to win multiple categories. If you guys feel it should win more than once, then so be it.

As far as the Animation/Visual goes a studio is allowed for 2 entries but at least 3 different companies will be nominated.

Also keep in mind I haven't seen all these shows, when voting try to keep the series name to it's most popular form to avoid getting a mixup. Actually using the same name as the one on the list above would be rather much more simple for the counting.

With that said, time to nominate!
Old 2008-12-16, 20:50   Link #2
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
-{A} Action/Fighting

Kurozuka

While Kurozuka is not just Action/Fighting, when there are action, it IS compelling. Just in the true Madhouse's tradition.

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy

Spice & Wolf

Spice & Wolf did away with most of the staples of the genre, offering a more refreshing view on the genre.

-{C} Mecha/SciFi

Macross Frontier

-{D} Mystery/Horror

Kara no Kyoukai

-{E} Comedy

Detroit Metal City

At the beginning of 2008, I'd have chosen Minami-ke; however,the contrast between Negishi and Krauser, and the resulting hilarious situations just made the show.

-{F} Romance

Clannad

Clannad truly express its true beauty when it is about Nagisa and Tomoya, just what I expect from a romance. And for a change, it is one of the few non-bickering romances.

-{G} Slice of Life

ARIA: The Origination

The series had stayed true to its genre, purpose and message until the end.

-{H} Fanservice

*will pass*

-{I} Sports/Game

*Will Pass*

-{J} Storyline

There were good storylines, however none of them left on me a lasting impression.

-{K} Visual/Animation

Kara no Kyoukai (2), Kurozuka

-{L} Soundtrack

Macross Frontier

-{M} Movie

Kara no Kyoukai

-{N} OVA

Detroit Metal City

-{O} Male Character

Johannes Krauser II - Detroit Metal City

-{P} Female Character

Horo - Spice & Wolf

-{Q} Villain

Not even impressed by anyone this year.

-{R} Worst Character

Kouta Oyamada - Kanokon

Worst male lead of this year.

Last edited by Sheba; 2008-12-18 at 06:35.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 01:58   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
Perhaps by godly luck last years result were pretty impressive in the way many anime were nominated in multiple categories but there was no duplicate winners. To be honest I find it more interesting that way however I have no intentions of restricting a series to win multiple categories.
Thanks for taking this on again, Kyomi. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

I'd like to argue against multiple nominations in the genre categories. Last year, as I recall, Gurren-Lagann was nominated in a number of genres. I think a fairer representation would limit each show to one genre category. A show could still be included in other categories like soundtrack or characters, but please just one genre designation per show.

How about seiyuu awards? I'd suggest best male/female performance overall and perhaps best male/female performance by a newcomer. Obviously how well a character is voiced will play a role in our opinion about that character, but it's certainly possible to have a good character in terms of script with a mediocre VA performance. (The reverse is probably less frequently true.)

Lastly, how about a "best show of 2008" category? For me that's Kure-nai, and I'm concerned it won't fit well into any genre category and get ignored. There really should be a "best of the year" award.

That said, here are my nominees. This was overall a rather poor year for anime, so I'm not able to pick three in most cases:

-{A} Action/Fighting: Kure-nai (2), Kurozuka
I don't know if Kure-nai belongs here, though it certainly has action and fighting. Again we have no "drama" category which is where it truly belongs.

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Nijuu Mensou no Musume (2), Saiunkoku Monogatari Season Two, Natsume Yuujinchou
This merges two rather different categories, but Natsume is clearly a fantasy show even though it has little adventure.

-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Shinreigari: Ghost Hound (2), RD Sennou Chousashitsu
Pretty weak year for sci-fi. My guess is we'll see a lot of mecha nominations here as a result. I'm a bit surprised both my nominations are for Shirow/I.G. collaborations.

-{D} Mystery/Horror: Shion no Ou (2), Kurozuka, Hakaba Kitaro

-{E} Comedy: Chi's Sweet Home (2), Hidamari Sketch x365
Chi was a riot.

-{F} Romance: Toshokan Sensou (2), Nodame Cantabile Paris-Hen
Despite being about "library wars," what made TS worth watching was the development of the relationship between the main characters. I don't watch mainstream romances like Clannad, so my choices are limited.

-{G} Slice of Life: Natsume Yuujinchou (2), Hidamari Sketch x365, Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora

-{H} Fanservice: Mnemosyne (2)
Gore, nudity, and the occasional dose of yuri sex. Too bad the plot went downhill in the latter three episodes, or it might have qualified in other categories.

-{I} Sports/Game: Shion no Ou (2)
Shion blends a murder mystery with a story about a girl who wants to become a professional Shougi player, so it can fit in either category.

-{J} Storyline: Kure-nai (2), Shinreigari: Ghost Hound
Kure-nai is the best written show I've seen in some time. Since there's no scriptwriting category, it has to go here, even though I think the plot is less compelling than the interplay among the characters.

-{K} Visual/Animation: Shinreigari: Ghost Hound (2), Hakaba Kitaro, Kurozuka
I nominated Hakaba Kitaro for its distinctive comic-book style.

-{L} Soundtrack: Shion no Ou (2), RD Sennou Chousashitsu
Weak year for soundtracks, too, I thought. Shion is the only one I bought in 2008.

-{M} Movie: NA

-{N} OVA: Mnemosyne (2)
Only saw a couple of these; didn't care much for the Lucky*Star or the School Rumble OVAs.

-{O} Male Character: Nijuu Mensou (Nijuu Mensou no Musume) (2), Kuhouin Renjou (Kure-nai)

-{P} Female Character: Kuhouin Murasaki (Kure-nai) (2), Mikamo Chizuko (Nijuu Mensou no Musume), Kuromitsu (Kurozuka)
Kurozuka would have been so much better if Kuromitsu had had more screen time.

-{Q} Villain: N/A

-{R} Worst Character: N/A

Here are nominations in the categories I suggested:

Best Male Seiyuu Performance - Inoue Kazuhiko as Nyanko-sensei (Natsume Yuujinchou) (2), Kuroda Takaya as Kuhouin Renjou (Kure-nai), Hoshi Souichiro as Ogami Makato (Ghost Hound)

Best Female Seiyuu Performance - Yuki Aoi as Kuhouin Murasaki (Kure-nai) (2), Hirano Aya as Mikamo Chizuko (Nijuu Mensou no Musume), Paku Romi as Kuromitsu (Kurozuka)

Best Male Newcomer Seiyuu - N/A

Best Female Newcomer Seiyuu - Yuki Aoi as Kuhouin Murasaki (Kure-nai) (2)

Best Anime of 2008 - Kure-nai

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-12-17 at 08:31. Reason: added Kurozuka to (D)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 03:39   Link #4
gaguri

Going right into this without any discussions? Meh whatever.

{A} Action/Fighting: Kure-nai
{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Spice and Wolf
{C} Mecha/SciFi: Kaiba
{D} Mystery/Horror: --
{E} Comedy: Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
{F} Romance: Kaiba
{G} Slice of Life: Aria the Origination (2), Natsume Yuujinchou
{H} Fanservice: --
{I} Sports/Game: --
{J} Storyline: Kaiba
{K} Visual/Animation: Kaiba (2), Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
{L} Soundtrack: Kaiba (2), Aria the Origination, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
{M} Movie: Piano no Mori
{N} OVA: Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations
{O} Male Character: Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass R2
{P} Female Character: Akari Mizunashi (2), Alice Carroll, Aika S. Granzchesta from Aria the Origination
{Q} Villain: Popo from Kaiba
{R} Worst Character: Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass R2

Last edited by gaguri; 2008-12-17 at 06:13.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 05:57   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

-{A} Action/Fighting: D.Gray-man
-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Nijuu Mensou no Musume (2), Saiunkoku Monogatari S2
-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 (2) Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00)
-{D} Mystery/Horror: Kurozuka
-{E} Comedy: Hayate no Gotoku! (2) Minami-ke Okawari
-{F} Romance: Itazura na Kiss (2) Nodame Cantabile: Paris-Hen
-{G} Slice of Life: Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
-{H} Fanservice: Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
-{I} Sports/Game: NA
-{J} Storyline: Clannad
-{K} Visual/Animation: Clannad
-{L} Soundtrack: Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00)
-{M} Movie: NA-{N} OVA: Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi (2) Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations
-{O} Male Character: Lockon Stratos (Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00)
-{P} Female Character: Kou Shuurei (Saiunkoku Monogatari S2) Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku!)
-{Q} Villain: NA
-{R} Worst Character:
Suzaku Kururugi ( Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2)

Thank you for your Work this year as well ..Kyomi-san

Last edited by The Chaos; 2008-12-17 at 11:15. Reason: Added Hina-Chan >_<
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 08:55   Link #6
patnam

-{A} Action/Fighting: Hokuto no Ken Raou Gaiden Ten no Haou (2), Sekirei, Kurenai

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy:

-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 (2), Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00), Macross F

-{D} Mystery/Horror: Mouryou no Hako, Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2), Ayakash

-{E} Comedy: School Rumble San Gakki (2), Detroit Metal City,

-{F} Romance: Clannad, ef - a tale of melodies (2), True Tears

-{G} Slice of Life: KimiKiss Pure Rouge, Itazura na Kiss, School Rumble San Gakki (2)

-{H} Fanservice: To Love-Ru (2), Wagaya no Oinari-sama, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

-{I} Sports/Game: Eyeshield 21

-{J} Storyline: Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00), Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 (2), ef - a tale of melodies

-{K} Visual/Animation: Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00) (2), Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 (2), Clannad

-{L} Soundtrack: Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 (2), Gundam 00 (Kidou Senshi Gundam 00) (2), ef - a tale of melodies

-{M} Movie: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2), One Piece: Romance Dawn Story, The Sky Crawler

-{N} OVA: Detroit Metal City (2), School Days: Magical Heart Kokoro-chan, School Rumble San Gakki

-{O} Male Character: Lelouch Lamperouge - Code Geass R2 (2), Setsuna F. Seiei - Gundam 00, Johann Klauser II - Detroit Metal City

-{P} Female Character: Yuuhi Katagiri - Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka, Yuko Amamiya - ef - a tale of melodies, C.C. - Code Geass R2 (2)

-{Q} Villain: Ali Al-Saachez - Gundam 00

-{R} Worst Character: Suzaku Kururugi - Code Geass R2 (2), Makoto Ito - School Days: Magical Heart Kokoro-chan,
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 09:54   Link #7
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

First, thanks for doing this again. Second, I would like to support SeijiSensei's suggestion for more categories added.
While putting one show in more than category is annoying, there is precious little we can do about it. We can either decide which shows falls into which category which I reckon will lead to endless bickering or decide no poster can put a show in more than one category which will lead to scattering of the votes of certain shows and will probably prompt fans to put into whatever category they think it has the biggest chance to win. And of course, it's way easier for peopel who haven't watched that mcuh to give nominations in all categories if they are allowed to put a series in more than one genre.

And please, please, add a drama category. I mean, how can there be fanservice category but not drama?

-{A} Action/Fighting: Kure-nai (2), Kurozuka

I assume mecha battles are not counted here? I have included Macross FRONTIER in too many categories already, so I will refrain from putting it here, too.

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Hatenkou Yuugi (2), Koihime Musou, Natsume Yuujinchou

-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Macross Frontier (2), Kaiba, Persona: trinity soul

Macross Frontier was probably the first mecha where the battles did not bore me. Kaiba is probably a better series objectively but I will need a rewatch before I can appreciate it fully, I suspect, so Macross it is.

-{D} Mystery/Horror: Mouryou no Hako (2), Persona: trinity soul, Shion no Ou

Not the best of years for the mystery genre, to put it mildly.

-{E} Comedy: Hatenkou Yuugi (2), Nodame Cantabile, Bamboo Blade

-{F} Romance: Nodame Cantabile (2), KimiKiss Pure Rouge, True Tears - these were probably the only three series which can be qualified as romance that I watched, so not much of a choice here.

-{G} Slice of Life: - N/A - I can't be bothered to think which shows fit here.

-{H} Fanservice: Mnemosyne (2), Koihime Musou, Dragonaut

-{I} Sports/Game: Shion no Ou (2)

-{J} Storyline: Kaiba (2), Kurenai, Persona: trinity soul

I can't say any series impressed me that much purely by its overall plot, Kaiba at least had tons of originality.

-{K} Visual/Animation: Macross Frontier (2), Mouryou no Hako, Kaiba

-{L} Soundtrack: Macross Frontier (2), Kaiba, Persona: trinity soul - the easiest first place choice.

-{M} Movie: N/A

-{N} OVA: Mnemosyne

-{O} Male Character: Chiaki Shinichi (Nodame Cantabile) (2), Michael Blanc (Macross FRONTIER), Kurenai Shikurou (Kurenai),

I am so sure I am forgetting someone here...

-{P} Female Character: Sheryl Nome (Macross FRONTIER) (2) Noda Megumi (Nodame Cantabile), Kuhoin Murasaki (Kurenai),

-{Q} Villain: Popo (Kaiba) (2), Grace (Macross FRONTIER), Ali al-Saachez (Gundam 00)

-{R} Worst Character: Setsuna (Gundam 00) (2), Kazuki (Dragonaut), Emperor Charles (Code Geass R2)

Additional categories:

Best Male Seiyuu Performance - Seki Tomokazu as Chiaki (Nodame Cantabile) (2), Konishi Katsuyuki as Ozma Lee (Macross FRONTIER), Fujiwara Keiji as Ali al Saachez (Gundam 00)

Best Female Seiyuu Performance - Endo Aya as Sheryl Nome (Macross FRONTIER) (2), Kobayashi Sanae as Rahzel (Hatenkou Yugi), Kawasumi Ayako as Nodame (Nodame Cantabile)

Best Male Newcomer Seiyuu - N/A

Best Female Newcomer Seiyuu - Yuki Aoi as Kuhouin Murasaki (Kure-nai) (2)

Best Anime of 2008 - Kurenai (it woudl have been easily Macross Frontier, if it wasn't for its retarded ending).

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 10:12   Link #8
mikoo
Banned

-{A} Action/Fighting: Gundam 00 (2), Macross F
-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Spice and Wolf(2), Druaga no Tou: the Aegis of Uruk
-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Gundam 00 (2), Macross F, Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
-{D} Mystery/Horror: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2), Shion no Ou
-{E} Comedy: Detroit Metal City (2), Macademi Wasshoi!, Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-{F} Romance: True Tears (2), KimiKiss Pure Rouge
-{G} Slice of Life: Aria the Origination (2), Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
-{H} Fanservice: Kanokon (2), Sekirei, Strike Witches
-{I} Sports/Game: Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
-{J} Storyline: Spice and Wolf (2), Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
-{K} Visual/Animation: Macross F (2), Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners
-{L} Soundtrack: Gundam 00 (2), Macross F
-{M} Movie: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners
-{N} OVA: Detroit Metal City
-{O} Male Character: Setsuna F. Seiei from Gundam 00 (2), Johannes Krauser II from Detroit Metal City
-{P} Female Character: Horo from Spice and Wolf (2), Yuasa Hiromi from True Tears, Minato Nagase from Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka,
-{Q} Villain: Hapshiel from Macademi Wasshoi (2), Ali Al-Saachez from Gundam 00, Charles Di Britannia from Code Geass R2
-{R} Worst Character: Kouichi Hayase from Kurogane no Linebarrel
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 11:02   Link #9
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

-{A} Action/Fighting: Nabari no Ou
-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: D.Gray-man
-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
-{D} Mystery/Horror: --
-{E} Comedy: Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-{F} Romance: --
-{G} Slice of Life: Minami-ke Okawari
-{H} Fanservice: Sekirei
-{I} Sports/Game: Eyeshield 21
-{J} Storyline: Spice and Wolf
-{K} Visual/Animation: Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
-{L} Soundtrack: --
-{M} Movie: Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion
-{N} OVA: Lucky Star OVA
-{O} Male Character: Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass R2
-{P} Female Character: C.C. from Code Geass R2
-{Q} Villain: Jasdebi from D.Gray-man
-{R} Worst Character: Kururugi Suzaku from Code Geass R2

Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 12:25   Link #10
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

• {A} Action/Fighting: Blassreiter, Hellsing Ultimate
  • {B} Adventure/Fantasy: Druaga no Tou: the Aegis of Uruk, Spice and Wolf
  • {C} Mecha/SciFi: Mobile Suit Gundam 00
  • {D} Mystery/Horror: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners, Shigofumi
  • {E} Comedy: Kamen no Maid Guy, Kemeko Deluxe!, Kannagi
  • {F} Romance: /
  • {G} Slice of Life: /
  • {H} Fanservice: /
  • {I} Sports/Game: Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Bamboo Blade
  • {J} Storyline: /
  • {K} Visual/Animation: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners
  • {L} Soundtrack: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners, Gar-Rei Zero, Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations
  • {M} Movie: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
  • {N} OVA: Strait Jacket, Hellsing Ultimate, Lucky Star
  • {O} Male Character: Kogarashi (Kamen no Maid Guy), Sakuma Eitarou (Macademi Wasshoi!), Jeremiah "Orange" Gottwald (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2)
  • {P} Female Character: Asakura Otome (D.C.II S.S.: Da Capo II Second Season), Nagase Minato (Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka), Horo (Spice and Wolf)
  • {Q} Villain: Alexander Anderson (Hellsing Ultimate), Ali Al-Saachez (Mobile Suit Gundam 00), Kazutaka Hyōdō (Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji)
  • {R} Worst Character: Marianne Vi Britannia (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2), Sakai Yuuji (Shakugan no Shana II)

I felt I shouldn't vote with CLANNAD, considering how AFTER STORY is affecting its assets, hence would not exactly be that accurate for my choices and all.
Meanwhile, Kara no Kyoukai really stirred my attention and love completely, despite I'm really cautious with adaptation (especially that Tsukihime and Fate/Stay night got mediocre/below average adaptations).
That would be the "serie" of my choice for this year (even if it is a movie, the crafty and gorgeous assets were kept intact after 4 movies already).
Old 2008-12-17, 12:29   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This time of the year again eh Since i have nothing to comment on the rules, lets just get on with the nominations. I am not sure i have 3 candidates in mind for all, but i should be able to list at least one i consider worthy for each category.

-{A} Action/Fighting:
Blassreiter (2), Strait Jacket

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy:
Spice and Wolf (2), Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations

-{C} Mecha/SciFi:
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone (2), Gundam 00

-{D} Mystery/Horror:
Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2), Shigofumi

-{E} Comedy:
Macademi Wasshoi! (2), Kemeko Deluxe!

-{F} Romance:
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (2), KimiKiss Pure Rouge

-{G} Slice of Life:
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora (2)

-{H} Fanservice:
Koharu Biyori (2), To Love-Ru

-{I} Sports/Game:
Nothing here i guess.

-{J} Storyline:
Spice and Wolf (2)

-{K} Visual/Animation:
Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2)

No contest here really. People should be forced to watch this one before they are allowed to vote visuals

-{L} Soundtrack:
Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2), Ga-Rei: Zero

-{M} Movie:
Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2)

-{N} OVA:
Strait Jacket (2)

-{O} Male Character:
Sakuma Eitarou (Macademi Wasshoi!) (2)
Jeremiah Gottwald (Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2)
Ayase Yuuto (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)

-{P} Female Character:
Minato Nagase (Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka) (2)
Otome Asakura (D.C.II S.S.: Da Capo II Second Season)
Horo (Spice and Wolf)

-{Q} Villain:
Ali Al-Saachez (Gundam 00) (2)
Mitogawa Kazuhiro (Ga-Rei: Zero)

-{R} Worst Character:
Yoshiyuki Sakurai (D.C.II S.S.: Da Capo II Second Season) (2)
Sakai Yuji (Shakugan no Shana II)
Marianne (Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2)
Old 2008-12-17, 14:10   Link #12
Kamui4356
Aria Company

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: World Destruction, Zero no Tsukaima: Princess no Rondo

-{E} Comedy: Kyouran Kazoku Nikki

-{F} Romance: Clannad

-{G} Slice of Life: Aria the Origination, Spice & wolf, Hidamari Sketch x 365

-{N} OVA: Lucky Star OVA, Mai Otome S.ifr

-{O} Male Character: Okazaki Tomoya(Clannad)

-{P} Female Character: Horo(Spice & Wolf), Furukawa Nagisa(Clannad), Mizunashi Akari(Aria the Origination)
Old 2008-12-17, 14:33   Link #13
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I can nominate right?
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 14:35   Link #14
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I can nominate right?
yes..you Can ^_^
Quote:
-Everyone that registered before December 1st are eligible to nominate and vote.
Old 2008-12-17, 14:49   Link #15
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Okay.

{A} Action/Fighting - Code Geass R2 (2)

{B} Adventure/Fantasy -

{C} Mecha/SciFi - Code Geass R2 (2)

{D} Mystery/Horror -

{E} Comedy -

{F} Romance -

{G} Slice of Life -

{H} Fanservice -

{I} Sports/Game -

{J} Storyline - Code Geass R2 (2)

{K} Visual/Animation - Code Geass R2 (2)

{L} Soundtrack - Code Geass R2 (2)

{M} Movie -

{N} OVA -

{O} Male Character - Lelouch Lamperouge/Lelouch vi Britannia [Same person] ~Code Geass R2 (2)

{P} Female Character - C.C. ~ Code Geass R2 (2)

{Q} Villain -

{R} Worst Character - Charles zi/di Britannia [zi = english, di = japanese] ~ Code Geass R2 (2), Marianne vi Britannia ~ Code Geass R2,

I'll think of more later.
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 15:01   Link #16
jedinat

-{A} Action/Fighting: N/A
-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Spice and Wolf, Natsume Yuujinchou, Nijuu Mensou no Musume
-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Aria the Origination
-{D} Mystery/Horror: Natsume Yuujinchou, xxxHOLiC: Kei, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
-{E} Comedy: Detroit Metal City
-{F} Romance: Clannad, Nodame Cantabile: Paris-Hen
-{G} Slice of Life: Aria the Origination
-{H} Fanservice: Kannagi
-{I} Sports/Game: Shion no Ou
-{J} Storyline: N/A, Spice and Wolf, Shion no Ou
-{K} Visual/Animation: N/A
-{L} Soundtrack: Aria the Origination
-{M} Movie: N/A
-{O} Male Character: Natsume (Natsume Yuujinchou)
-{P} Female Character: Akari (Aria the Origination), Chiko (Nijuu-Mensou no Musume)
-{Q} Villain: Neuro (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)
-{R} Worst Character: Takumi (Chaos;Head)

Adventure/fantasy (and a few of the others) is way too broad, especially in anime where practically everything is fantasy. It bothers me that people are putting Natsume Yuujinchou into that category when it fits better in the mystery/horror category, or just as well at least. Well, I guess there is no perfect way to do this =/
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 15:57   Link #17
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
-{A} Action/Fighting: Strike Witches (2) Mission-E

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Spice and Wolf (2) World Destruction (1)

-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Macross F (2) Code Geass (1)

-{D} Mystery/Horror: Shigofumi (2)

-{E} Comedy: Hidamari Sketchx365 (2) Masked Maid Guy (1)

-{F} Romance: Nodame Cantabile (1) ef - a tale of melodies (2)

-{G} Slice of Life: Hidamari Sketchx365 (2) Minami Ki (1)

-{H} Fanservice: Konokan (2) Seikerei (1)

-{I} Sports/Game: Bamboo Blade (2) One Outs (1)

-{J} Storyline: Kurenei (2) Spice and Wolf (1)

-{K} Visual/Animation: Macross F (2) Kannagi (1)

-{L} Soundtrack: Macross F (2)

-{M} Movie:

-{N} OVA: Mnemosyne (2) Seto no Hanayome (1)

-{O} Male Character: Kogarashi- Masked maid guy (2)

-{P} Female Character: Noe- True Tears (2) Horo (1)

-{Q} Villain: Akira Amamiya- Ef Tale of Melodies (2) Hiromi- True Tears (1)

-{R} Worst Character: Kokoa- Rosario Capu 2 (2)
Old 2008-12-17, 16:18   Link #18
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Thanks for taking this on again, Kyomi. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

I'd like to argue against multiple nominations in the genre categories. Last year, as I recall, Gurren-Lagann was nominated in a number of genres. I think a fairer representation would limit each show to one genre category. A show could still be included in other categories like soundtrack or characters, but please just one genre designation per show.

How about seiyuu awards? I'd suggest best male/female performance overall and perhaps best male/female performance by a newcomer. Obviously how well a character is voiced will play a role in our opinion about that character, but it's certainly possible to have a good character in terms of script with a mediocre VA performance. (The reverse is probably less frequently true.)

Lastly, how about a "best show of 2008" category? For me that's Kure-nai, and I'm concerned it won't fit well into any genre category and get ignored. There really should be a "best of the year" award.
I personally don't mind adding more categories eventually. Main reason why they aren't there is because it's actually quite time consuming to handle this event. But if someone is to give me a hand I don't mind putting 50 more categories down to the "prettiest ribbon".

As far as single genre nomination goes I can only say that if people persist I guess we'll handle it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
And please, please, add a drama category. I mean, how can there be fanservice category but not drama?
That might have been a mistake from my part, last year drama was joined with romance. But with the arrival of Slice of life I thought adding drama would split things up even more seeing how drama is usually bundled with Comedy,Romance or Slice of Life. It's only until I remembered Kurenai from SeijiSensei (Which I have seen) that I actually noticed it really doesn't quite fit into any of the mentioned categories. Hence it requires a fix, my apologies.
Old 2008-12-17, 17:14   Link #19
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

-{A} Action/Fighting: Ga-Rei: Zero(2), Kure-nai, Blassreiter

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations(2), Spice and Wolf, Allison to Lillia

-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Gundam 00(2), Macross Frontier

-{D} Mystery/Horror: Mouryou no Hako (2), Kurozuka

-{E} Comedy: Kannagi(2)

-{F} Romance: Itazura na Kiss(2), Special A

-{G} Slice of Life: Hyakko(2)

-{H} Fanservice:

-{I} Sports/Game:

-{J} Storyline: Ga-Rei: Zero(2), Kurenai, Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations

-{K} Visual/Animation: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of sinners (2), Macross Frontier, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are(Not)Alone

-{L} Soundtrack: Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2(2) , Macross Frontier, Ga-Rei: Zero

I was torn between CG and Macross on this one. Both had excellent music, Macross had the better OP and ED and CG had more variety for the BGM and OST side of things, so it was a nightmare figuring out which one to pick as my first choice

-{M} Movie: Kara no Kyoukai - the Garden of Sinners (2)

-{N} OVA: Batman: Gotham Knight (2), Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations

-{O} Male Character: Graham Aker from Gundam 00 (2), Jeremiah Gottwald from Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

There were a lot of good candidates for me on this one, but I decided to go with the two who I felt had traits I liked the most, mainly honour and loyalty.

-{P} Female Character: Yomi from Ga-Rei: Zero (2), Horo from Spice and Wolf, Sakura from Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations

-{Q} Villain: Ali Al-Saachez from Gundam 00(2), Ryuuji Kuhouin from Kure-nai, Kazuhiro Mitogawa from Ga-Rei: Zero

Really, this was an easy choice

-{R} Worst Character: Kazuki Tachibana from Dragonaut(2), Gino Weinberg from Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

So was this

I am a bit sad that I can’t nominate some of my other favourites due to the fact that they won’t end well into 2009, but I think that the choices I gave would have been more or less similar either way.

And Thanks to Kyomi for all the hard work he’s done
Old 2008-12-17, 17:29   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
-{A} Action/Fighting: Soul Eater

-{B} Adventure/Fantasy: Kekkaishi

-{C} Mecha/SciFi: Code Geass R2, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone

-{D} Mystery/Horror: xxxHolic: Kei

-{E} Comedy: Detroit Metal City

-{F} Romance: Clannad, Junjou Romatica

-{G} Slice of Life: Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

-{H} Fanservice: N/A

-{I} Sports/Game N/A

-{J} Storyline: Code Geass R2

-{K} Visual/Animation: .hack//G.U. Trilogy, Appleseed: Ex Machina

-{L} Soundtrack: Code Geass R2, Kekkaishi

-{M} Movie: Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone

-{O} Male Character: Johannes Krauser II _ Detroit Metal City, Lelouch vi Britannia Code Geass

-{P} Female Character: N/A

-{Q} Villain: Lelouch vi Britannia / Zero (code geass R2)

-{R} Worst Character: N/A
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choice awards