AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 20:08   Link #3101
t3htr0LL
Banned

how do you do one to two quests per hour? there are you know quest hubs? any way it seems foreign to me.
t3htr0LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 20:29   Link #3102
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've got a feeling he was being slightly facetious with that remark.

@ RWB, did they do that again? lols...

Also, DK DPS can be quite good in raids. One of our higher DPS folks is a 51/0/20 Blood DK.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:28   Link #3103
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
lol 3 unbelivably unbalanced classes

let me guess, DK - 21/50 = Palaidin is ret, and Hunter is BM?
Not sure if you're being serious or trying to troll, but I'll bite. My DK (current main) is currently specced 0/33/38 DW. I'm enjoying it before it gets nerfed in 3.1.

My hunter is an alt I created in TBC. I roll w/e puts out the most dps in pve, which is Survival at the moment.

My paladin is currently specced ret as an alt. Paladin was my main in TBC. I raided as holy in Tier4 content, holy/prot in Tier5 content, and mostly as ret in tier6 content. Mind you, this was before all the lovely buffs that paladins received in WotLK. This was when paladin healing was mind-numbing and the least versatile and when prot wasn't on par with the other tanks. I had to raid as something I didn't want for 2 tiers of content and had to convince our RLs to go ret.

I hardly pvp on any of my characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
DK is actually not that great in pve raids. Looking at the dps table pattern of my raid, their max dps potential is lower than warlocks and mages at the moment.
Ret pallies also have the same problem as DK but only worst. Their dps leveled off quickly.

PvP is another beast though, I havent pvped since arena been introduced.
DKs do pretty well in pve. 0/32/39 (and variants thereof) and 51/0/20 are the favored specs atm. I'd say DKs compete with warlocks and fury warriors in top dps (in most situations), although I haven't checked WOWmeter in awhile. Just from personal experience, I compete with another lock and warrior in dps usually.
Old 2009-03-26, 21:33   Link #3104
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Wish my guild would give up on the PTR already.
The PTR is pretty horrible. We tried to get together for a 10 man Hodir on Wednesday. This act is probably tougher than the boss itself between the world server going down, lag, and raids disbanding for no reason. Needless to say, after a couple hours of trying, we called it quits.
Old 2009-03-26, 22:06   Link #3105
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You could call all the PTR troubles either the interference of the Titans or the tricks of the Old Gods to make it harder.
Old 2009-03-26, 22:14   Link #3106
Justin Kim
*Artist

I remember back in the BC, where you could have a certain 5 man set-up for a well-geared Shaman, and place the right amount of buffer spells to make them anhilate any opposing Horde or Alliance in just one shot. I have to admit, 15k-20k hits on a shock is pretty intimidating during arenas, too bad that was nerfed as well. It's so satisfying as a hunter to cast rapid fire, AP stack, Hunter's mark, then Aimed shot at a mage whom is trying to regain his mana by sitting and drinking. It's so fun.
Justin Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 03:53   Link #3107
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does anyone remember getting hit with some sort of random holy spell while running around the Grizzly Hills? I seem to recall my warlock's Nether Protection kept popping up from time to time even when nothing (that I noticed anyway) was around. The magic type it was effected by always wass listed as Holy.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:09   Link #3108
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3htr0LL View Post
how do you do one to two quests per hour? there are you know quest hubs? any way it seems foreign to me.
I go out, I kill some mobs for the quest, I heart back, I log out. Depending on the quests difficulty, I may be able to do more then one or two quests, but that is completely missing the point.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 11:18   Link #3109
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
At least have some idea what you're talking about before you go criticizing someone else's class choices.
Farken BANG! ^^ Yeah seriously, I think we've said plenty of times over it's Survival or nothing these days.

Mind you, today I killed the same geared Survival Hunter in Arathi Basin 6 times out of 6 1v1 stouches despite having a 1.5k latency issue persisting all match and let me only get 1/4 of my inteded attacks. What was really funny was myself and a guildie mage 2v3ing a Shadow Priest, a Holy Priest and a Feral Druid 3 times over at Stables until we finally got the cap.

Incredibly funny match. We only get 1 cap out of 5 and we're close to 500 behind. Then we suddenly get 4 to 1 nodes and claw our way back. Then it's 1-4 again. Then it's 4-1 and we just inch ahead. Then it bounces between 4-1 to 2-3 and back every minute. After the amount of time Arathi Basin has been around, people still can't get it in their brains to defend.

On DPS - from what I've seen, Warlocks are back to #1. DKs are close to them, as are Mages that spec Fireball. I've seen some decent Rogues pop up the meters lately along with the odd Elemental Shaman that actually knows what they're doing. Fury Warriors - yep, have always been good if they do the right rotations. Feral Druid DPS has risen due to the changes in Bleed damage.

But all of that will change in 3.1. Or some of it, anyway.
Old 2009-03-27, 11:20   Link #3110
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

it was a joke, freakin Chill... this is why I don't joke about classes on the WoW forums or ingame.cuz people get soooo Worked up over it.

and now sense someone can't take a joke, I got Neg Rep and a Insult. I do wish that person would raise their hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk
Try posting something useful for once
sense when was this a "Serious World of Warcraft Informaion/Guide Buisness" Topic?

anyways, I don't play hunter, and never will I... cuz from day one I've despised hunters cuz they like to hide behind objects and shoot through them and sit on a Ice Trap (old WoW days, never wonna relive them)
Old 2009-03-27, 11:25   Link #3111
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
*tires to remember all his toons*

Shamsel - NE Priest (main)
Miyoko - NE Warrior
Choryujin - Gnome Mage
Tenryujin - Gnome Warlock
Kioko - Dreani Hunter
Gendou - Dwarf Paladin
Testarossa - NE Druid

Basically have one of each class but I only really play the first 3 I listed and the others just hold the names and class until I (if ever) get around to getting above lvl 2
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 11:58   Link #3112
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I've had too many paladin's to remember, Ryosuken lvl71 Hum Paladin and a few BE paladins another one got banned on a diffrent account cuz of a friend(whos not my friend anymore)

Shinjiro - DK BE
Kyero - Rogue NE (very very old)

and my day one paladin who i havent touched in 2 years.
Old 2009-03-27, 14:40   Link #3113
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
*tires to remember all his toons*

Shamsel - NE Priest (main)
Miyoko - NE Warrior
Choryujin - Gnome Mage
Tenryujin - Gnome Warlock
Kioko - Dreani Hunter
Gendou - Dwarf Paladin
Testarossa - NE Druid

Basically have one of each class but I only really play the first 3 I listed and the others just hold the names and class until I (if ever) get around to getting above lvl 2
A few I spot as Evangelion references... And then one Nanoha?
Old 2009-03-27, 14:53   Link #3114
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
A few I spot as Evangelion references... And then one Nanoha?
Like that shouldn't be a surprise . I couldn't get all the names I wanted so I had to change it up (priest was my first and Shamsel seemed very appropriate for him ). Now that i think about it I think I named my shaman Laevatein...

Oh, and my mage/lock are named after mecha from GaoGaiGar. If you've seen the series you'll probably notice why
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 18:19   Link #3115
Mr Hat and Clogs

Testarossa huh, does she have the long white braid hair style that nelfs have?

I've got a Hunter called Teletha with that, but I don't play that anymore. Got to level 40 and was all like, screw hunters.
Old 2009-03-28, 05:33   Link #3116
Alaya
Counter Force

Since I'm very bad at naming character, I mostly took name from other fiction.

Undead Rogue: Veldril (the word shadow in drow language.)

Tauren Shaman: Enrei (a misspelled word of Eirei, the heroic spirit).

Troll Mage: Zouken (named after infamous Matou Zouken from Fate/Stay Night as he's look as bad as the old magus).

Blood Elf Death Knight: Blacksaber (I choose this name because I just finished Heaven's Feel route :P).

Blood Elf Paladin: Arthuriaz (Named her to match Blacksaber. Including z because someone already took the name)

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 21:10   Link #3117
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

another reason i hate Hunters. Rolling on Melee weapons when some Melee class needs it more.

friend Warrior rolled on a epic weapon and a Hunter won, my friend had a BLUE weapon. but instead the ass hole hunter who has a epic Range weapo wins it.
Old 2009-03-29, 00:35   Link #3118
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
another reason i hate Hunters. Rolling on Melee weapons when some Melee class needs it more.

friend Warrior rolled on a epic weapon and a Hunter won, my friend had a BLUE weapon. but instead the ass hole hunter who has a epic Range weapo wins it.
Everything is Hunter loot of course
'Tis why some Hunters are not very well liked.
Old 2009-03-29, 01:18   Link #3119
Mr Hat and Clogs

Especially ones named Bartley!
Old 2009-03-29, 03:23   Link #3120
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Everything is Hunter loot of course
'Tis why some Hunters are not very well liked.
Psh, all hunter loot is enhance shaman loot. All warlock/mage loot is ele shaman loot. All druid/priest loot is resto shaman loot. Clearly we are the champions.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows