Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-17, 18:32   Link #281
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Shouldn't Orihime's abilties be able to reject mental abnormalities such as Hollow Ichigo
There is one problem with that though. Her ability to do so, is very fragile. They can be easily crushed and yet ironically, they can be re-obtained through her ability. Consiering how Hollow Ichigo moves swiftly and randomly at times, I would consider Orihime not trying to reject Hollow Ichigo by a long shot.
Old 2009-05-18, 08:27   Link #282
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well,that's easy, Ichigo couldn't control his power so he was soaking his friends everyday, part of his reiatsu became theirs and then depending on their souls they had their powers manifest in those ways. The REAL mystery to me is why Orihime awakened to a greater extent than Tatsuki, assuming the latter was like,his best friend while Orihime was just her sidekick, rarely getting to talk to Ichigo.
Per Urahara's training of Ichigo powers are most likely to come into being when the soul is in danger of being destroyed, this is also the reason so many power ups seem like asspulls. Orihime had been in more danger then Tatsuki and infact was able to see hollows before Tatsuki could because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe it just has to do with the kind of powers.
As it was noted, their powers seem hollow-like, and hollows represeot the more emotional animal-like side of the soul. Orihime and Chad look like very emotional people, so maybe they were more susceptible to develop a power of this. Tatsuki on the other hand looks more like a person of reason, which may have inhibited this process.
On the other hand, she may develop a more Shinigami-like power, sicne Shinigami should represent reason. (If she is to develop a power. Technically she shouldn't have the time to do this and get powerful enough to be part of the main group anymore, since the headstart is to great)
Only Chads is hollow like, Hatchi was compairing Orihime's pins to a Zanpaktou. Which is interesting since she is getting to the point she can call out the fairies with out saying anything, aka something that only is possable for people that have learned Bankai. I'm pretty sure KT has plans for Tatsuki as he has been building up to it since the SS arc. And then there is this
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2009-05-18 at 08:45.
Old 2009-05-18, 10:23   Link #283
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Per Urahara's training of Ichigo powers are most likely to come into being when the soul is in danger of being destroyed, this is also the reason so many power ups seem like asspulls. Orihime had been in more danger then Tatsuki and infact was able to see hollows before Tatsuki could because of it.

Only Chads is hollow like, Hatchi was compairing Orihime's pins to a Zanpaktou. Which is interesting since she is getting to the point she can call out the fairies with out saying anything, aka something that only is possable for people that have learned Bankai. I'm pretty sure KT has plans for Tatsuki as he has been building up to it since the SS arc. And then there is this

Was this picture official?
I didn't know!
Old 2009-05-18, 11:06   Link #284
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
@ El Frenchie, that is a great coloring of Barragan. Two thumbs up! I hope his cloak is that color in the anime. Really works perfectly.

I thought that too, but surprisingly enough it seems they weren't dead. @_@

When Orihime's used her powers to revive them Ulq's response was "You can even heal them if they're that badly injured?" which implies they were alive, if barely

Huh? Kubo is constantly pointing out how godlike Orihime's abilities are. Why do you think he had Luppi and Loly freak out when they saw Orihime use her powers? He's fully aware of just how broken her powers are in theory. I'm just saying that so far he hasn't had her serve any purpose for the good guys outside standard healing.

I'm actually interested in seeing more of Hacci's powers because they might give us some more insight into what we could see from Orihime. Really, I just want to see the vizard in action period.
Hacchi can heal them. Orihime and Unohana are in HM now. So that leave Hachi. The vizards will probably have a part in it too since they come in a set. Judging from it, Ukitake will take Halibel. I have this feeling that Hirako will take on Aizen instead of Yamaji.
Old 2009-05-18, 11:43   Link #285
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I didn't know!
It's from the Bleach All Color but the Black artbook. It's official artwork, but it's not necessarily foreshadowing that Tatsuki will get Shinigami powers either.

Tatsuki (along with Keigo and Mizuiro) will probably serve some kind of future role, but not as a shinigami. Even if she gained shinigami powers there's no way she could match any of the current enemies. Always figured that if Tatsuki and the others were to get powers, it would be something similar to the dolls in the Bount arc in that they would be mostly non-fighters, but still useful in certain situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
I have this feeling that Hirako will take on Aizen instead of Yamaji.
It's a definite possibility that Shinji will fight Aizen but I still think that it's a given that Yamamoto has to go all out against someone.

Old 2009-05-18, 13:29   Link #286
sayde

Quote:
I still think that it's a given that Yamamoto has to go all out against someone.
I agree. And IMO, it would be pretty anti-climatic if he was forced to go all out against anyone else but Aizen. Besides, I can't think of a better opponent for Aizen to fight in order to re-establish how powerful he is/has become.

The new animated "Bleach Heat the Soul 6" intro makes me consider the possibility that Shinji might have to get through Tousen before he can finally face-off against Aizen.
Old 2009-05-18, 14:07   Link #287
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
There is one problem with that though. Her ability to do so, is very fragile. They can be easily crushed and yet ironically, they can be re-obtained through her ability. Consiering how Hollow Ichigo moves swiftly and randomly at times, I would consider Orihime not trying to reject Hollow Ichigo by a long shot.
Hollow Ichigo won't be able to fight against it if she does it while Ichigo is in his normal state.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-05-18, 14:13   Link #288
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Shouldn't Orihime's abilties be able to reject mental abnormalities such as Hollow Ichigo
that would require orihime fully understanding the nature of ichigo's hollow part, and better control of her powers, otherwise she would probably just wipe ichigo's brain or remove half of his soul, urahara had the hax of the hogyokou and he couldn't de-hollowfy any of the vizards
Old 2009-05-18, 14:26   Link #289
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I didn't know!
It's KT's work and was published in the Souls databook so it's semi official and if nothing else points to him haveing given thought to maybe giveing her shinigami powers.
Quote:
It's from the Bleach All Color but the Black artbook. It's official artwork, but it's not necessarily foreshadowing that Tatsuki will get Shinigami powers either.

Tatsuki (along with Keigo and Mizuiro) will probably serve some kind of future role, but not as a shinigami. Even if she gained shinigami powers there's no way she could match any of the current enemies. Always figured that if Tatsuki and the others were to get powers, it would be something similar to the dolls in the Bount arc in that they would be mostly non-fighters, but still useful in certain situations.
FranklyI don't see how she would not be a fighter if she gained powers. She is already better at hand to hand then all of the human cast to the point where she could place second in the national karate tournament with her right arm, thats her primary one, broken before the semifinals. She was also able to live through Yami's attack that killed everyone but her, Chad, and Orhime in a few block radius and she was at ground zero.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2009-05-18 at 14:48.
Old 2009-05-18, 20:36   Link #290
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
that would require orihime fully understanding the nature of ichigo's hollow part, and better control of her powers, otherwise she would probably just wipe ichigo's brain or remove half of his soul, urahara had the hax of the hogyokou and he couldn't de-hollowfy any of the vizards
Good point. The hollow is also linked to Zangetsu somehow so Orihime attempting to reject him could even remove Ichigo's shinigami powers.

Quote:
Frankly I don't see how she would not be a fighter if she gained powers. She is already better at hand to hand then all of the human cast to the point where she could place second in the national karate tournament with her right arm, thats her primary one, broken before the semifinals. She was also able to live through Yami's attack that killed everyone but her, Chad, and Orhime in a few block radius and she was at ground zero.
I definitely agree the Tatsuki is the "brawler-type". But all the currently remaining enemies are capable of fighting on the level of captains and the opponents are only likely to get even stronger from here on out. All the fraccion ('cept Lilnete), Privaron, Exqiuas and other fodder enemies have been defeated.

To make any kind of difference as a fighter would Tatsuki would have to have at least the power of a captain, and if we're talking about her getting shinigami powers that'd mean having bankai. For her to have that kind of power from the get-go would make Ichigo look like a joke considering what he's gone through to gain his powers. Yeah, I realize Bleach is really prone to characters getting power-ups out of nowhere, but really, wouldn't that be too much?

For me, it'd better if Kubo took the route he went with Orihime if he gives Tatsuki powers. Give her an ability that can be very powerful, but not necessarily meant for combat. I actually like the implication that humans can be much more unpredictable than shinigami as far as what they're capable of.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2009-05-18 at 20:46.
Old 2009-05-19, 03:57   Link #291
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:

poor Menchi...
Old 2009-05-19, 20:02   Link #292
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
Hacchi can heal them. Orihime and Unohana are in HM now. So that leave Hachi. The vizards will probably have a part in it too since they come in a set. Judging from it, Ukitake will take Halibel. I have this feeling that Hirako will take on Aizen instead of Yamaji.
I have a feeling that Aizen will face Ichigo inevitably -_-. I mean, Ichigo has regained conscious shortly after fighting Ulq. I have a feeling that Urahara will pop and save all those that are trap within the hollow world.
Old 2009-05-20, 00:06   Link #293
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
poor Menchi...
Excel must be happy though, mission: successful... at last
Old 2009-05-20, 18:50   Link #294
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Good point. The hollow is also linked to Zangetsu somehow so Orihime attempting to reject him could even remove Ichigo's shinigami powers.

I definitely agree the Tatsuki is the "brawler-type". But all the currently remaining enemies are capable of fighting on the level of captains and the opponents are only likely to get even stronger from here on out. All the fraccion ('cept Lilnete), Privaron, Exqiuas and other fodder enemies have been defeated.

To make any kind of difference as a fighter would Tatsuki would have to have at least the power of a captain, and if we're talking about her getting shinigami powers that'd mean having bankai. For her to have that kind of power from the get-go would make Ichigo look like a joke considering what he's gone through to gain his powers. Yeah, I realize Bleach is really prone to characters getting power-ups out of nowhere, but really, wouldn't that be too much?

For me, it'd better if Kubo took the route he went with Orihime if he gives Tatsuki powers. Give her an ability that can be very powerful, but not necessarily meant for combat. I actually like the implication that humans can be much more unpredictable than shinigami as far as what they're capable of.
Wait do we know if Tatsuki can sense reiatsu at all? I mean if she could, does that not mean she is capable of fighting like Yoruichi or Soi Fong after long years of training?
Old 2009-05-20, 19:09   Link #295
kitten320

Quote:
Wait do we know if Tatsuki can sense reiatsu at all? I mean if she could, does that not mean she is capable of fighting like Yoruichi or Soi Fong after long years of training?
Pretty much yes, she will be able to join their ranks
Old 2009-05-20, 19:44   Link #296
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
she is human and as far as i can see doesn't have a shinigami family member (though that we have yet to know for sure). As Sabaku says...that would be too much of a powerup. At the very most she might have some dormant powers, less than that of orihime or chad...nowhere near yourichi or any captain vc..all the way down to 3rd seat...just my opinion.
Old 2009-05-21, 05:43   Link #297
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
she is human and as far as i can see doesn't have a shinigami family member (though that we have yet to know for sure). As Sabaku says...that would be too much of a powerup. At the very most she might have some dormant powers, less than that of orihime or chad...nowhere near yourichi or any captain vc..all the way down to 3rd seat...just my opinion.
Yes, but if she had those dormant powers like Orihime or Chad, wouldn't she also sense reiatsu in a sense? I mean there have been cases where either Orihime or Chad were overwhelmed by a huge reiatsu coming from an opponent and were stricken to the ground. "That also would say that they have little reiatsu themselves," since average humans cannot sense it.
Old 2009-05-21, 06:03   Link #298
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Yes, but if she had those dormant powers like Orihime or Chad, wouldn't she also sense reiatsu in a sense? I mean there have been cases where either Orihime or Chad were overwhelmed by a huge reiatsu coming from an opponent and were stricken to the ground. "That also would say that they have little reiatsu themselves," since average humans cannot sense it.
hmm thats true i suppose. im not a very big fan of the humans with powers anyways, cept maybe chad's because it just looks pretty cool even though the power right now is pretty lacking. Was she able to sense reiatsu though?...real question by the way
Old 2009-05-21, 22:50   Link #299
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
hmm thats true i suppose. im not a very big fan of the humans with powers anyways, cept maybe chad's because it just looks pretty cool even though the power right now is pretty lacking. Was she able to sense reiatsu though?...real question by the way
Chad was kind of a boring character at first, but with all those new upgrades, his fights have become more interesting. I mean surely his speed went up after revealing form after another, and the fights have just become deduced to strength, speed, and all talk.

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion