AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-08, 10:12   Link #1001
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I'm kind of hoping they'll cut out the 4th wall breaking in the first Tea Party's beginning (since anime watchers won't know it's supposed to kind of be a reference to Higurashi's wrap parties for the most part), and do something like they do for Episode 2's with Rosa, with Battler just kind of waking up in the Tea Party room.
I don't want them to break the 4th wall either. maybe just show them how they talk about the events of the first game and then how they all accept Beatrice except Battler and so on.

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to the second twilight in Episode 2. If there's anything that will get the most amount of 'WHAT THE %$#^!?' it will be that, from all the people expecting Umineko to be Higurashi 2.0.
Oh yeah the second twilight in Episode 2 will be awesome, since this is the first time "magic" is used right? But I think the beginning of episode 2 (Shannon and Kanon interacting with Beato) will got a lot "What the heck..."s as well.

Oh and a lot of comments how good Kanon treats girls. He's the pro when it comes to girls
Old 2009-07-08, 10:12   Link #1002
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
I'm kind of hoping they'll cut out the 4th wall breaking in the first Tea Party's beginning (since anime watchers won't know it's supposed to kind of be a reference to Higurashi's wrap parties for the most part), and do something like they do for Episode 2's with Rosa, with Battler just kind of waking up in the Tea Party room.
Well, you have to be careful here though. This scene is pretty much the birth of meta-Battler, so there's a good chance it has more significance than we know.
I agree they should probably take out the references to 'Umineko no naku koro ni' and maybe a bit of the other stuff, but doing anything else would kill some theories about who the heck meta-Battler is.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-07-08, 10:28   Link #1003
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Also in the process of breaking the 4th Bern pretty much drops a few very important hints in solving the msytery, which I assume would also be important for the viewer.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:32   Link #1004
chronotrig

And of course, there's always the slight chance that the 4th is never actually broken at all.
Although how he'd fit some parts in that way is beyond me.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-07-08, 10:33   Link #1005
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Also in the process of breaking the 4th Bern pretty much drops a few very important hints in solving the msytery, which I assume would also be important for the viewer.
she does? (played the 1st game ages ago) what were they?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-08, 10:38   Link #1006
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
she does? (played the 1st game ages ago) what were they?
She talks how Beatrice doesn't necessarily have to be one single person or even a person overall. She also mentions how Beatrice makes moves that appear pointless and don't even help her in the long run to confuse the opponent.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:40   Link #1007
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Oh and a lot of comments how good Kanon treats girls. He's the pro when it comes to girls
Wait isn't Kanon a girl? Or is it Shkanon instead of Kanon... -shot-

I will be having fun spinning tales about witches XD. I guess many people think that the mystery will be solvable in one season or at least it is solvable. Well, if it's like that Umineko would not be so fascinating in the first place

-Anti-Mystery Mode: Switch ON-

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:41   Link #1008
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
And of course, there's always the slight chance that the 4th is never actually broken at all.
Although how he'd fit some parts in that way is beyond me.
Well I guess it's much more practical to rewrite it in such a way that she still drops the hints without directly talking to the viewer.
Old 2009-07-08, 10:44   Link #1009
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
She talks how Beatrice doesn't necessarily have to be one single person or even a person overall. She also mentions how Beatrice makes moves that appear pointless and don't even help her in the long run to confuse the opponent.
oh yeah I remember now...

I have a fish's memory *maybe mackerel* *shot*

and bern mentions it all the time - how beato doesn't always play to win and that's why they're not compatible...

I think that's a good proof that maybe Beato doesn't really want to win but instead to lose - being denied completely will result in her death... even if she wants to commit suicide, she can't because she's imoortal. so maybe she's sick of life...

either way, if it really is that way, they have to show bern mentioning that at least once...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-08, 12:11   Link #1010
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I wonder if we'll get to see the interaction between Bern and Lambda animated, that would make my day.
If nothing else, I want to see "Super Paper." That's one of my favorite scenes
Old 2009-07-08, 12:32   Link #1011
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

That scene reminded me of Battle Royale.

"Super Lucky!"
Old 2009-07-08, 15:42   Link #1012
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for posting here again, as I'm not good with avoiding the mention of spoilers >.> . Anime ep2:
Old 2009-07-08, 18:07   Link #1013
Rias

Episode 2 timeline error? Not a big deal?

After Maria reading the letter, the clock shows 22:00 in Kinzo's study. Episode 2's eyecatch happened later, showing 20:15 (Natsuhi + Ingot) and 21:00 (Jessica + Natsuhi + scorpion).

The following events happened before the eyecatch in the anime, but happens after 22:00 in game:
1. Maria crying in front of portait
2. Rudolph "I'll probably be killed tonight"

hmm...
Old 2009-07-09, 09:23   Link #1014
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

What's with the humongous magic circle on the door of the shed? Is it just me or the circles are supposed to be much smaller? I don't see how it could be painted on without a ladder and a lot of free time.

Old 2009-07-09, 09:25   Link #1015
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

My memory may be a bit fuzzy, but I always assumed the circles were rather large... pretty sure the games mentioned that as well....
Old 2009-07-09, 09:34   Link #1016
Teapot

Send a message via MSN to Teapot
Din't all the closed room for the first twilight in Episode 3 have the circles drawn on the doors? The circles are probably gonna shrink now when they start showing up inside the mansion
Old 2009-07-09, 09:35   Link #1017
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
What's with the humongous magic circle on the door of the shed? Is it just me or the circles are supposed to be much smaller? I don't see how it could be painted on without a ladder and a lot of free time.
The VN didn't exactly describe the size of them, but since it must be noticeable from afar (since no one would ever check the shed prior the discrovery of the sigil), it is very likely they had to be that large (covering the whole surface).
It was the same for the manga as well.

You can expect a very large symbol on Eva's room as well.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:39   Link #1018
Alaya
Counter Force

After seeing new OP, I really want to see... Gaap animated. It should be spectacular...

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-09, 09:43   Link #1019
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
The circles are probably gonna shrink now when they start showing up inside the mansion
They will have to, if they are like the first one half of them will be on the ceiling and on the surrounding walls.

The blood marks on Natsuhi's door were also much more extensive than in the VN where there are only around the doorknob. I guess, the anime is going with "the bigger, the better" approach.

Old 2009-07-09, 09:46   Link #1020
Aminado

Quote:
After seeing new OP, I really want to see... Gaap animated. It should be spectacular...
I suspect they'll have to do a bit of editing for her... rather exposed sideboobs. When you think about it, the Stakes and the Siestas are a bunch of walking panty shots when they aren't killing people.

Or they could go the Shannon route, e.g. do it as faithfully as possible, even if it means exposing the thigh+crest when having a wholly exposed leg makes no sense whatsoever.
Closed Thread