AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-08-17, 00:25   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 551 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...which have been released:

Quote:
-Nagato is being controlled. Attacking, he fights against Naruto, Kirabi and Itachi.

-Nagato almost captures Naruto, but is saved by Kirabi.

-Nagato's can use all the powers of Pain, but they seem to be even stronger.

-Nagato uses Chibaku Tensei to attampt to defeat all the characters at once.

-Kirabi, Naruto and Itachi all use their most powerful techniques at once in order to defeat Chibaku Tensei. Kirabi uses the Bijuu Ball of Destruction, Naruto uses FRS, and Itachi uses Susano’o and some sort of long range attack created with Yasakani Magatama.

-Nagato is defeated.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-08-17 at 08:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 07:58   Link #2
mrShady

Sooo.... Naruto does have an IQ of 60. Freaking retard.
And the Jiraiya Nagato Naruto story has 3 parts and apparently Minato is not considered part of it.

Kinda lame chapter it didn't add anything to the story and the "Ow no both bee and Naruto are captured and Nagato is super strong" part had no effect since we knew Itachi is still around. It served no purpose other then set Naruto's development back yet another couple of years.
Kishi please remember you wanted Naruto as hokage and hero of the world, making him retarded does not help him archieve that.
The fight was also incredibly short.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 08:07   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah Naruto dropped a couple of IQ points here. Surely he should've known how to defeat these techniques when he's done them once before.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 08:13   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Be so stellar everyone forgets how horrible the second part was, Naruto!
It sure sounds like he's talking about the manga itself, doesn't it?
Old 2011-08-17, 08:15   Link #5
HasuMasu
*Artist

What the hell was that thing Itachi threw?

I don't think it's been shown before, apparently it's his "strongest ranged attack".

Well, I guess it's cool.
Old 2011-08-17, 08:17   Link #6
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It sure sounds like he's talking about the manga itself, doesn't it?
Especially when he said "even our master wouldn't acknowledge me as a true part of the series"

Well he should since he would've made a far more interesting main lead.
Old 2011-08-17, 08:18   Link #7
james0246

So, did Kishimoto just confirm that there will be a Part III? .
Old 2011-08-17, 08:29   Link #8
kakakka

So yeah chapter out.

Despite having its downs, I am sucker for quick battles. Itachi stole the show with quick one-two moves.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 08:32   Link #9
Makenshi

Itachi is quite the badass, i only hope they keep him around and he doesn't disappear after all this.
Makenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 08:33   Link #10
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Itachi showing just why he was ANBU Captain at age 13.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 08:43   Link #11
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
how i miss a dumb naruto in this manga
Old 2011-08-17, 08:45   Link #12
GDB

As others said, Itachi was badass. Not only were his moves awesome, but he's trying to pass on "wisdom of battle experience" to Naruto. "It's not about being relaxed, you have to be calm to analyze the situation properly."

Maybe if there is another time-skip (the hinted "third part", perhaps), Itachi will have taught Naruto how to not be an idiot by then.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 08:58   Link #13
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well, what better way to make Itachi's badass conversion to the protagonist's side look more important than by having our dear hero look like a twit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah Naruto dropped a couple of IQ points here. Surely he should've known how to defeat these techniques when he's done them once before.
-Ok its not so bad on his point though. Remember guys, when Naruto fought Nagato before, he was using multiple bodies to use all his powers. He figured out he could use all the paths now in one body, he just did not know that he could use others while already using one (in this case, he was using the Human path and then used Preta path to eat away the Rasengan). Hell, Bee made the exact same mistake and was caught by the Asura path and nearly got his head blasted off for it.

-Really it only goes to show just how much battlefield inexperience he has. He's got power through the roof, we all know that for a fact. However, in terms of experience in battle and especially war, Nagato and Itachi both have him beat (or Kabuto does in case you prefer that he's behind all of Nagato's moves).
Old 2011-08-17, 09:05   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Itachi showing just why he was ANBU Captain at age 13.
agree! good thing he was around, otherwise naruto and bee would have been done for.

ahhh...nagato and itachi...what a waste! too bad kishi had to kill them off, turn them into zombies and kill them off again.
Old 2011-08-17, 09:09   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha.... well, I must admit that I like Itachi-Bee-Naruto teamwork

but somehow Nagato is too easy to be defeated... I want some epic fighting again (like when Naruto Vs Pain)

I got too much hope to this war (or maybe last-arc) but looks like I can only find a fight when Naruto Vs Sasuke or Madara Vs 5 Kage
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 09:09   Link #16
tarachi
Observer

Nice chapter, we get to see Nagato and Itachi in full strength (-drawbacks at most)

With that what would Kabuto would do now that two of his power zombies are out of his hand.
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 09:21   Link #17
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Ok its not so bad on his point though. Remember guys, when Naruto fought Nagato before, he was using multiple bodies to use all his powers. He figured out he could use all the paths now in one body, he just did not know that he could use others while already using one (in this case, he was using the Human path and then used Preta path to eat away the Rasengan). Hell, Bee made the exact same mistake and was caught by the Asura path and nearly got his head blasted off for it.

-Really it only goes to show just how much battlefield inexperience he has. He's got power through the roof, we all know that for a fact. However, in terms of experience in battle and especially war, Nagato and Itachi both have him beat (or Kabuto does in case you prefer that he's behind all of Nagato's moves).
He already figured out how to defeat the Preta path once before. He forced it to absorb senjutsu and turn it into a stone toad. He could've done so again (and if he couldn't, would it have killed Kishimoto to give us one line explaining why?) and would've permanently taken care of Nagato to boot.
Old 2011-08-17, 09:24   Link #18
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
oh kimish....you trying to tell your fans something?

http://i51.tinypic.com/o6irth.jpg

is he secretly admitting part 2 of his own manga is not that good and that part 3 will kick its ass?

of course not lol but i still found it pretty funny.
Old 2011-08-17, 09:35   Link #19
james0246

I'm unclear why Kishimoto decided to give Itachi's Susano'o yet another technique/potential tool. It would have been just as believable for Itachi to use Amaterasu, so why create a new technique at all?
Old 2011-08-17, 09:39   Link #20
epyon96

Didn't Itachi say his eyes went dark in the last chapter after Shisui's eye's went off of Mangekyo.

lolz

Clearly he meant only that he wanted to make sure his eye cream is applied properly before he turns Mangekyo turns on again.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion