AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 04:53   Link #601
sky black swordman

Ah man, I really want to what happends next.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-09-27 at 05:35.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 04:56   Link #602
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
What a nice short. For me, it served as an introduction for the viewers to make them watching the series or not, and the voice acting was perfect (Maaya Uchida is doing a nice job portraying Rikka's idiotic temperament and behavior). Will look forward to the first episode.
Exactly. I definitely thought this was a good way to introduce people to the pacing that this anime might take. We can't definitely say whether or not most scenes will be like this until a couple of episodes in, but I'd say that this is a good taste of how each scene will progress.

I tend to like these slow-paced scenes, so I'm going to really enjoy this. I also agree that Rikka's VA is doing a nice job from the little we've gotten.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 05:13   Link #603
Skane
Anime Snark

The one thing I have come to accept is that one must enter a new KyoAni series with an open mind. They have a habit of making the seemingly mundane into something inexplicably awesome. A lot of their recent adaptations have been very experimental.

Cheers.
Old 2012-09-27, 05:25   Link #604
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The one thing I have come to accept is that one must enter a new KyoAni series with an open mind. They have a habit of making the seemingly mundane into something inexplicably awesome. A lot of their recent adaptations have been very experimental.

Cheers.
Agree with you there, but I still think a little more delusion in the first short episode wouldn't hurt for sake of attention grabbing.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 05:40   Link #605
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
That was pretty much what you would expect from Kyoani. Animation was superb and Rikka's a dojikko and more talkative than I thought. Still didn't get the chu2byo vibe from the short episode; needs more delusions so to say.
I think there was way more chuuni than any battle, considering how staunch Rikka is while being able to mutter these embarassing lines, even in front of regular classmates

Due to the first PV I was expecting Yuuta to be hellbent with her chuuni lines, but it seems he will be a balanced tsukkomi/boke due to his interventions.
Old 2012-09-27, 05:48   Link #606
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

These character designs, Rikka's antics and her zettai ryouiki make my cuteness sensors overload. It's pretty much what I've come to expect from KyoAni regarding a show like this.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 05:51   Link #607
rulfo

So if these shorts aren't the last we'll be seeing then I'm expecting one for each volume.

So if it's a 1 cour show then we'll be getting probably about 7 volumes. 7 of these specials is more likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I think there was way more chuuni than any battle, considering how staunch Rikka is while being able to mutter these embarassing lines, even in front of regular classmates

Due to the first PV I was expecting Yuuta to be hellbent with her chuuni lines, but it seems he will be a balanced tsukkomi/boke due to his interventions.

We'll be getting there. For a PV it's quite strange that Yuuta is already that close with Rikka.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 06:29   Link #608
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
So if these shorts aren't the last we'll be seeing then I'm expecting one for each volume.

So if it's a 1 cour show then we'll be getting probably about 7 volumes. 7 of these specials is more likely.

We'll be getting there. For a PV it's quite strange that Yuuta is already that close with Rikka.
They only adapted one volume of the novel mate.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:31   Link #609
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
They only adapted one volume of the novel mate.
I'm talking about the Discs not the LNs.
Old 2012-09-27, 09:11   Link #610
liemtodaisu

Quote:
I'm talking about the Discs not the LNs.
Opps my bad
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 09:52   Link #611
rulfo

No worries ^^

Anyway. As much as I was really skeptical about Jun Fukuyama voicing Yuuta back then, surprisingly..... it's not out of place at all!

The more I hear Rikka's voice the more I doubt the promo ED was sung by ZAQ. After listening to some of her covers in NND, her voice doesn't really fit the promo ED's vocals at all.

And lastly... bloomers... I'm not really a fan of it nor do I dislike it. I quite appreciate K-ON, Hyouka, and Nichijou for sparing me that.

So far so good. I like what was presented here. Can't wait for Oct 3.
Old 2012-09-27, 10:26   Link #612
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
The more I hear Rikka's voice the more I doubt the promo ED was sung by ZAQ. After listening to some of her covers in NND, her voice doesn't really fit the promo ED's vocals at all.
Unless the official twitter account is lying to us, it's ZAQ.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:40   Link #613
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I just can't buy FukuJun in juvenile roles any more - he sounds like a middle-aged man doing a voice while telling a joke at a party. I really don't like seeing the same group of actors recycled over and over even when they're clearly no longer suited to play these sorts of roles. I love FukuJun - anyone who can do what he's been doing in Shirokuma Café and Natsuyuki Rendezvous at the same time is a helluva actor - but enough with the kiddie roles.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 11:45   Link #614
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I just can't buy FukuJun in juvenile roles any more - he sounds like a middle-aged man doing a voice while telling a joke at a party. I really don't like seeing the same group of actors recycled over and over even when they're clearly no longer suited to play these sorts of roles. I love FukuJun - anyone who can do what he's been doing in Shirokuma Café and Natsuyuki Rendezvous at the same time is a helluva actor - but enough with the kiddie roles.
As Yuuta, he doesn't really sound that different from Takaaki from ToHeart 2 or Itsuki from Rental Magica. At least, if I remember correctly he doesn't. Maybe you've just become used to hearing him in different roles?

Well, I'm not willing to rewatch Rental Magica to compare . Maybe I'll check out the TH2 OVAs. I personally don't think he sounds out of place.

Edit: If I think about it, I guess I can see why you would think that. Maybe I've just gotten used to hearing him in these types of roles instead, or maybe I got used to hearing older voices with younger characters. I personally think Nakamura is more of a mismatch for younger characters, but I feel as if the round artstyle here makes the dissonance more obvious than in shows like Hyouka or Haruhi, where even though they're all first-years, their artstyles suggest that they're older or mature.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:00   Link #615
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
As Yuuta, he doesn't really sound that different from Takaaki from ToHeart 2 or Itsuki from Rental Magica. At least, if I remember correctly he doesn't. Maybe you've just become used to hearing him in different roles?

Well, I'm not willing to rewatch Rental Magica to compare . Maybe I'll check out the TH2 OVAs. I personally don't think he sounds out of place.

Edit: If I think about it, I guess I can see why you would think that. Maybe I've just gotten used to hearing him in these types of roles instead, or maybe I got used to hearing older voices with younger characters. I personally think Nakamura is more of a mismatch for younger characters, but I feel as if the round artstyle here makes the dissonance more obvious than in shows like Hyouka or Haruhi, where even though they're all first-years, their artstyles suggest that they're older or mature.
Actually, I expressed the same view about Nakamura when Hyouka started - he's another example of someone that really shouldn't be playing 16 year-olds anymore. I think Hyouka succeeded in part in spite of that disconnect (because at its best the writing was so superb), and partly because Nakamura is a good actor, even if he's miscast. Since FukuJun is a good actor too, I'm sure Chuunibyou will succeed for much the same reasons if it's a good series in other respects, but IMHO it would be better served with a little more authenticity in the casting.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 12:06   Link #616
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

besides jun fukuyama voice beign rejected in my head for such a young girl looking male character the 6 minutes where quite entretaining, but its funny that this according to what i read was selected by kyoani for originality when it seems like one of the most used premises nowadays in Light Novels.
Old 2012-09-27, 12:31   Link #617
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
This title will be streaming in the UK via Anime on Demand.

Old 2012-09-27, 13:14   Link #618
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol, I'm gonna assume that last trailer is just messing with us. I wouldn't like that too much for the main series-- not really too excited over eyepatch girl's personality, but we'll just have to adjust our expectations.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 13:20   Link #619
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Lol, I'm gonna assume that last trailer is just messing with us. I wouldn't like that too much for the main series-- not really too excited over eyepatch girl's personality, but we'll just have to adjust our expectations.
I believe these skits are meant to have one small joke plot line (like you'd see in Nichijou) that doesn't really tie into the actual series itself. Thus you have the Chuunibyou...Lite title. It's similar to the Ura-On! specials, just streamed prior to being released on BD/DVD. (And yes, this was not part of the novels)

Old 2012-09-27, 13:34   Link #620
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That short seemed pretty Key-esque, which is probably the ceiling for this show, so I'm pleased with that. The comedy bits were pretty good, and the animation/overall artistic detail more than makes up for the basic character designs, imo.

I see Guadian Enzo's point though. The male lead here has a pretty deep voice for a kid of his stature, imo.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen