AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-22, 03:44   Link #1221
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by etalocohc84 View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
Well, that's good then. Because that part was really, really dumb.
Quote:
If you want a more satisfying feeling to Kotori's route, I guess you have to wait until Harvest Festa is translated since people feel that Romeo worked really hard to write a good conclusion for Kotori.
I actually enjoyed the conclusion of the route (and the scenario overall) but it was absolutely ridden with plotholes and inconsistencies. It's like Romeo didn't even care about what he was writing and phoned the whole thing in without looking at his notes or anything.
Oh well, onto Chihaya for more inconsistencies I guess. I sure love this game.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 15:01   Link #1222
etalocohc84

Now that I have reread the heroine routes in English, I believe Romeo secretly disliked some of the characters the other two writers created. That's why Kotori's and Akane's routes practically didn't feature Shizuru, Chihaya and Lucia at all. On the other hand, Ryukishi07 was fine with Chihaya and Shizuru, but refrained from using Kotori and Akane.
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 16:33   Link #1223
Mazyrian

Quote:
Now that I have reread the heroine routes in English, I believe Romeo secretly disliked some of the characters the other two writers created. That's why Kotori's and Akane's routes practically didn't feature Shizuru, Chihaya and Lucia at all. On the other hand, Ryukishi07 was fine with Chihaya and Shizuru, but refrained from using Kotori and Akane.
Chihaya could have perfectly appeared in Akane's (maybe Shizuru also). But other than that, for the most it made sense to me that the other heroines don't feature in each route.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-22, 16:58   Link #1224
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Errr... no, for plot reasons, I hardly see possible to see everyone in the same route all the time. It wouldn't make sense at all otherwise.
Old 2012-12-22, 17:15   Link #1225
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I actually enjoyed the conclusion of the route (and the scenario overall) but it was absolutely ridden with plotholes and inconsistencies. It's like Romeo didn't even care about what he was writing and phoned the whole thing in without looking at his notes or anything.
I'm not aware of any plotholes within the Kotori route itself. The only inconsistency I know of involving Kotori/Kotarou is one that exists even after clearing the entire game. (which is in the list of the unanswered questions/plotholes in Rewrite) Would you be able to list out those you've seen so far?

EDIT: I'm not convinced the writers would be prejudiced against specific characters. It's just that the plot didn't need them during that specific heroine route

Last edited by Balzac; 2012-12-22 at 17:26. Reason: Misread
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 19:13   Link #1226
etalocohc84

Maybe I thought too much into this, but I felt Chihaya should have most definitely appeared in Akane's route.
Spoiler for Akane's Route:
I will take back my previous statement about writer bias. It's just reading the heroine routes and thinking about what happens in Terra route, I felt Romeo could have expanded the story with some other characters.
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 20:09   Link #1227
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Rewrite complete:
Old 2012-12-22, 20:44   Link #1228
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
I'm not aware of any plotholes within the Kotori route itself. The only inconsistency I know of involving Kotori/Kotarou is one that exists even after clearing the entire game.
I sure love them inconsistencies. Why is a retail game this unpolished? It's terrible that this was allowed to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Would you be able to list out those you've seen so far?
None of it is really that important, just horribly egregious.
Spoiler for Kotori route:

Rewrite clearly had next to no QC work or editing done on it at all and could have been far better than it actually is if any sort of attention had been paid to those things.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-12-22 at 21:33.
Old 2012-12-22, 22:22   Link #1229
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Spoiler for Answers:
Old 2012-12-22, 22:44   Link #1230
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Thanks for responding.
Like I said, they're not really the biggest of deals and I liked the route in spite of them. It's just that they emphasize how... unfinished the game feels to me. Maybe the purported "good routes" will be much better, I don't know.
I kind of wish we'd gotten a rerelease instead of a fandisc, the latter of which, from what I've heard, also feels fairly unfinished in certain instances. It's rather sad.
Old 2012-12-25, 16:00   Link #1231
Dizzyworld2

I finished Chihaya's route today and I can see why some people call her route the Sakuya route
Spoiler for thoughts and questions:

Now that I have the longest route out of the way, I'll be tackling Shizuru's route.
Dizzyworld2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 19:39   Link #1232
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyworld2 View Post
I finished Chihaya's route today and I can see why some people call her route the Sakuya route
Spoiler for thoughts and questions:

Now that I have the longest route out of the way, I'll be tackling Shizuru's route.
Spoiler for Response to your Spoiler:

Yeah, I agree about the part of Sakuya. It should have been called Sakuya's route instead of Chihaya. Still, it was enjoyable. Loved Kotarou's iteraction with Sakuya and Chihaya.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 16:57   Link #1233
Snuffle
likes cute things

This game is sure making me lose A LOT of sleep for it having such a large cast of likable characters.

So far I've finished Chihaya's, Akane's, Kotori's, and Shizuru's route. I'm not really in a hurry to begin Lucia's route since I'm not fond of violent girls, but I have so much momentum going right now that I just might go for it.

Spoiler for Chihaya route opinion:

Spoiler for Akane's route opinion + Very minor part referring to Chihaya's route:

Spoiler for Kotori's route opinion:

Spoiler for Shizuru route opinion:

Whew... that took a long time.

BTW, does anyone else think this game has a serious lack of CGs and special effects for the battles? Key should learn from TypeMoon.

It's hard for me to pick which my favorite heroine is. It's most likely Akane, she is just oh so pwetty. My rankings probably goes like this.

1. Akane , 2. Chihaya/Shizuru , 3. Kotori/Lucia

Although, Lucia is still unknown to me, I very highly doubt I will put in the 2nd place area. Her appearance, personality, and voice don't really do anything for me. But I do like how she always plays the tsukkomi role with Kotarou when making fun of Chihaya being a mecha. Also, I like it when her voice goes really high pitch when screaming lol.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 18:26   Link #1234
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Spoiler for Shizuru route opinion:
Spoiler for Shizuru's ending:
Old 2012-12-29, 18:38   Link #1235
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
Spoiler for Shizuru's ending:
Spoiler for General Harvest Festa Question(s):
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 19:14   Link #1236
Mazyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Old 2012-12-30, 19:38   Link #1237
Balzac
Assistant Professor

EDIT: Sorry, I was going to point out something about all of Harvest Story's routes when I realized none were talking about Moon or Terra yet. One thing I can vaguely say is: they are indeed "after stories" in the general sense but in another sense they aren't...
Old 2012-12-30, 22:39   Link #1238
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just finished Lucia's route and Jesus Christ was it ever good, especially after the first three I played. Pretty much everything I could have wanted from a route in this game.
I hope Akane's is as enjoyable because I'm already so satisfied that I really don't want to play it.
Scratch that it was equally amazing just in a completely different way. My love for this game is now genuine instead of ironic.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-12-31 at 04:40.
Old 2013-01-01, 06:52   Link #1239
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Excellent MAD (notice: will spoil all content)
Spoiler for Spoil MAD:
minhhuywiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 10:56   Link #1240
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I just finished Lucia's route and Jesus Christ was it ever good.
Right? I especially liked
Spoiler for Lucia route. Also a bit of Higurashi.:

And that's an awesome MAD indeed! I'll post one of my favourites too~ again though, spoilers for every route.

Spoiler for ΑΡΤΕΜΙΣ:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel