AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-08-09, 04:33   Link #6141
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Kids these days with their fancy modern technology.
And considering both languages are over 15 years old (17 in fact) I'm not so sure how "modern" they're supposed to be.

And now I feel old
Old 2012-08-11, 02:28   Link #6142
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
And kids, remember the only thing Java and Javascript have in common are the first four letters of their names. They are completely unrelated programming languages.
They also have in common long stupid names and camel case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
And considering both languages are over 15 years old (17 in fact) I'm not so sure how "modern" they're supposed to be.

And now I feel old
Age is irrelevant actually. Programming languages don't get "old" they just fall out of use or don't get updated with so-called "modern" features; or have their community die out.

Only "dead/obsolete" languages are not modern. Though god knows for every language there is you got at least one guy using it somewhere to this day.
Old 2012-08-11, 06:33   Link #6143
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

How do Japanese singers include horrendous English in their songs as lyrics, yet are still able to sound so cute?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 06:46   Link #6144
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How do Japanese singers include horrendous English in their songs as lyrics, yet are still able to sound so cute?
You just answered your question..... coz they sound cute...

And also.... English... sounds cool for them... same as in Korea..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-11, 07:13   Link #6145
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Sumeragi would know, she's was an Idol back in '97.
And ofcourse, you wouldn't find anyone cuter right?
Old 2012-08-11, 07:18   Link #6146
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Sumeragi would know, she's was an Idol back in '97.
And ofcourse, you wouldn't find anyone cuter right?
Eh we were just 9 then.....

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-08-11, 07:39   Link #6147
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Loli Idol? SOMEBODY FUND THIS!
Old 2012-08-13, 20:52   Link #6148
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
The only reason I found that white text was because of that quote.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 19:58   Link #6149
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

What the hell? The thread title has changed! I always loved to revel in peoples' silliness!

Anyways, a serious question: How to best cook bacon using a skillet? Add the bacon while the skillet is still cold? Or, heat the skillet and only after that add the bacon?

Google gives conflicting reports and since we have a "Food you cook" thread here, there's bound to be some great cooks prowling the forums.

Last edited by zarqu; 2012-08-14 at 21:27.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 02:10   Link #6150
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
What the hell? The thread title has changed! I always loved to revel in peoples' silliness!

Anyways, a serious question: How to best cook bacon using a skillet? Add the bacon while the skillet is still cold? Or, heat the skillet and only after that add the bacon?

Google gives conflicting reports and since we have a "Food you cook" thread here, there's bound to be some great cooks prowling the forums.
Heat up your pan. Medium heat, cause if it's too hot, when you add the bacon, the grease will splatter everywhere. If your bacon has a decent amount of fat in it, there shouldn't be any reason to add oil. Initially, you cook it on low heat to render the grease out of it, then a minute before you remove the bacon from the skillet, you cook it on high heat to crisp the bacon in its own grease. That's the way I do it. If someone else has better ideas.........

If you have an oven, you should use that instead of skillet.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 03:43   Link #6151
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
If you have an oven, you should use that instead of skillet.
I have read about that before. But oven is :effort: during the morning. I have around 20-30 mins to cook breakfast. 30 mins is pretty much enough for heatiing pan and cooking a meal.
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:26   Link #6152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If you have a small tabletop oven, it isn't such a huge operation (yeah, heating up a kitchen full oven for bacon is overkill).

If you have an electric skillet that lets the extra grease drain into a catchpan those work pretty well.
Old 2012-08-18, 17:40   Link #6153
JNoon
C.S. RuckeR

A friend and I are planning some cosplay costumes, and right now we're stuck on one. Basically, she wants to be Kirishima Kirihiko from Kurenai, but the pieces are hard to find (for us atleast.)

The varsity jacket we could find locally, but the ones we saw were wrong colours and covered in stuff we didn't want. Looking online we could probably get a custom one, but it would be pretty expensive (from these sport companies atleast...) As for the scarf, we've found some but none of them have the pattern are too short and have fringe on the ends.

If you could point us in the right direction of how we could approach this one, we'd appreciate it!
JNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 19:48   Link #6154
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoon View Post
If you could point us in the right direction of how we could approach this one, we'd appreciate it!
Have it tailored in your local tailor shop. I think its less expensive. Giving the correct design and pattern.. plus cloth, you'll be satisfied... Not all might knew the anime so, no one will look at you and smile after seeing the design...

About the scarf.. well, don't know if you could make a customized scarf...

The shorts.. its easy to find one...

Good luck in your cosplay!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-19, 13:02   Link #6155
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoon View Post
A friend and I are planning some cosplay costumes, and right now we're stuck on one. Basically, she wants to be Kirishima Kirihiko from Kurenai, but the pieces are hard to find (for us atleast.)

The varsity jacket we could find locally, but the ones we saw were wrong colours and covered in stuff we didn't want. Looking online we could probably get a custom one, but it would be pretty expensive (from these sport companies atleast...) As for the scarf, we've found some but none of them have the pattern are too short and have fringe on the ends.

That jacket is so 80-ish, you might get a good one at garage/Salvation Army sales. Or simply get a blue-white jacket and sew the R on it yourself. The red band around the wrist can also be easily sew on with cloth scraps, or you can buy two old jackets, blue and white colour for each, and detach-and-patch the necessary parts you need; it is time-consuming but cost-efficient. Use Aliexpress or Ebay to search for scrap parts and put them together yourself.

Cosplay is all about innovation and alternatives. Don't let perfect matches put you down.

Old 2012-08-19, 14:27   Link #6156
JNoon
C.S. RuckeR

Thanks for the suggestions you two, we'll see what we can pull off. >
JNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:07   Link #6157
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:

Like every of us netizens, i have several emails, each one is for different purposes. But recently i was requested to give phone number for "some" of my yahoo mail account if i want to log in. And honestly, like heck i'm gonna let my clone email having any of my real personal information. Basically have to give up on them

So what happened recently that yahoo decided to step up this kind of measure? Or was it simply because my email was hacked hence they have to find a way to reset pw and stuffs?
Old 2012-08-21, 10:34   Link #6158
monster

It's probably just so that Yahoo will be able to better authenticate you in case there's a problem. Gmail and Hotmail also does the same thing sometimes.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:37   Link #6159
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Facebook does the same thing, and apparently it's because they do not want people to have more than 1 account. Could it be that Yahoo is trying to discourage people from having multiple emails?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 10:42   Link #6160
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's probably just so that Yahoo will be able to better authenticate you in case there's a problem. Gmail and Hotmail also does the same thing sometimes.
Gmail give you the option to skip through, while in yahoo recently, if you don't give your number, you can't even log in.

Which is really annoying

Tags
problem, q&a, serious