AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 18:21   Link #28441
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
From a marketing perspective overseas profit is probably not as much as in japan

And as Unicorn and DESTINY is airing they're gonna strike while the iron is hot, so it makes sense they're focusing on those

As for the X, Wing, and 00 kits I'm with you though for wanting new MG releases

As for X imo they can wrap up the MG line with 2.5 kits in 3 months and call it quits while making fans happy (An X, then a small add on Divider pack like the Vbuster, then a DX)
Makes sense about Unicorn and Seed/Seed Destiny currently airing and being the hot ticket item.

But where Bandai fails is how they don't consider the huge market for international business with countries outside of Japan that purchase GunPla.

I mean don't they realize how many people buy GunPla and related items (like tools, paints, air brushes, etc) in like the US and Europe alone?

I would think that Bandai is smart enough to see the sales volume that (for example) my good buddies over at GG Infinite, Tatsu Hobby, and Gundam Planet has on a daily basis.

I think that's where Bandai screwed up big time with their BluRay/DVD as well as manga business.

1. they didn't consider countries outside of US and localization as a big ticket market

2. they overpriced their goods

3. they were "surprised" to see how many people pirated their content, and now they're just being little children and saying that they're going to quit their US localization

In this day and age, if you have a company as big as Bandai, it's definitely an important thing to consider international sales through localization processes as well as making businesses like GG Infinite a larger partner in doing business (for example) in the US.

I mean unless Bandai wants to continue on its antiquated business mindset and practices and not make as much money.

FYI... I'm not a business major. I only have a B.A. degree in psychology. But even I can understand what it takes to be successful in the business world today.

Anyway~

All they really need is MG's for:

Gundam X
X Gundam
X Divider Gundam
Double X Gundam
G-Falcon

Gundam 00
Exia R2 (w/ parts to make Exia R3 sort of like the Exia Ignition Mode)
00 Qan[T] Full Saber add on pack (an official one)
00 Qan[T] ELS ver.

Gundam Age
Age-2 Normal Special Forces
Age-2 Double Bullet
Age-3 Normal
Age-3 Orbital
Age-3 Fortress
Age-FX
Age-FX Burst Mode
Age-1 Gransa (w/ parts for Zefuld Launcher)

Gundam Wing
Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Wing Gundam Zero (OVA ver.) --> i.e. a new version of the MG Wing Gundam Zero Custom

Sorry for posting what seems like a wish list, but it was to prove a point.

The Age stuff would be like one a month or something like the Age series.
The Wing stuff would be for the Glory of the Defeated campaign thing they announced.
The 00 stuff would be to appease the 00 fans and it has been a little bit since we got an MG from 00.
The Gundam X stuff would be to really surprise the GunPla fans. I wouldn't say they're likely but if we did get the 3 in MG, I'm sure everyone in the GunPla community would be shocked.
Old 2012-12-26, 18:45   Link #28442
FalsePrime

People need to drop Wing. Regardles sof people's wants/desires it has no business in these discussions right now. Wing has seen long and continued support in both the MG line as well as RD's.

Even as we sit here they are preparing to launch TG and more importantly the Leo Frame which shows an already laid plan for future MG and model releases.

X and OO are a different story. X has had it's second launch and from everything we can see it failed. MG's tend to be more expensive and for a more narrow selection of the Gunpla community and given the After War HG line seems to have been DOA Bandai has good reason to not just throw out MG's of it with reckless abandon.

As for the West/overseas makert you are being incredibly naive to think you know anything about this and what Bandai should/shouldn't do. At one time Gundam Models and toys were a thing here and they didn't just pull out because they felt like trolling the west. It's true that they had issues with some of their stuff, but even still Gundam and it's merch feel off in the west hard and they would need several factors to come together for it be remtoely proftiable to try and regain the market they once had a shot at. Failure could be huge and cost them much more then what they are currently missing out on.

Bandai is well aware of stores and shops such as GG and HLJ. It's obvious you don't have a major in business or evne the slightest clue. You pick you strong markets and you do what you can (via Blu Fin and the like) in niche markets.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 18:56   Link #28443
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Like I said, I don't have a degree in business to know much, but sometimes I'm a bit confused as to the choices that Bandai makes on releasing kits.

And then on the released kits, I'm a bit confused as to why they would cut corners here and there. For example.. The MG Nu Gundam ver. Ka..

- no LED included
- no light piping on the back camera
- weak hands that can't hold the rifle up properly (barely...)
- fin funnel backpack connection is weak
Old 2012-12-26, 19:08   Link #28444
FalsePrime

Only one of these issues is something that would be asked when it comes to Bandai's business and that is the light. The LED also has a negative side and that is that it drives the price up higher, the fact is Bandai sells them seperately and every single yen that a Model rises in price it riskes more and more people not buying it. This way the feature is still in the kit and they keep the price lower and more attractive to the maximum amout of consumers.

The other three issues are in design, and the simple fact is NO MODEL EVER will be perfect, all of them will have some small issues be it color apps, redesigns, or part choice (fixed posed hands Vs poseable) that will causes issues.

Does Nu Ver Ka have issues? Sure it does, but the majority of them wouldn't be fixed with more $$, at least not with out it driving away more people then a 7k Yen kit already will.

Lastly issues with Nu Ver Ka doesn't have anything to do with X/Victory/OO/AGE or whatever other series getting kits that you deem they "Need".
Old 2012-12-26, 20:08   Link #28445
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Only one of these issues is something that would be asked when it comes to Bandai's business and that is the light. The LED also has a negative side and that is that it drives the price up higher, the fact is Bandai sells them seperately and every single yen that a Model rises in price it riskes more and more people not buying it. This way the feature is still in the kit and they keep the price lower and more attractive to the maximum amout of consumers.

The other three issues are in design, and the simple fact is NO MODEL EVER will be perfect, all of them will have some small issues be it color apps, redesigns, or part choice (fixed posed hands Vs poseable) that will causes issues.

Does Nu Ver Ka have issues? Sure it does, but the majority of them wouldn't be fixed with more $$, at least not with out it driving away more people then a 7k Yen kit already will.

Lastly issues with Nu Ver Ka doesn't have anything to do with X/Victory/OO/AGE or whatever other series getting kits that you deem they "Need".
does it have anything to do with my upcoming HG GN-XIV ? because i really, really feel like i need one. MG form would be fine too
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 20:27   Link #28446
derrickmc63

the nu gundam ver ka. may have issues but the only one i care about is the holding of the weapons. the hands can hold the weapons perfectly, it's the wrist that make it limp. looks like all you need is some plastic cement to put on the wrist joint that connect to the hand. Light piping the the back of the head does not matter to me because i am not going to pose the kit with its back towards me. LED does not matter to me. Its funny because i looked on Dalong and this kit now has the highest score beating Sinanju. 120 POINTS. That is amazing to me. I don't have a Sinanju but in reviews that i have watched, it has it's own problems. Every kit that i have built have had its share of problems, but with a little bit of ingenuity they were fixed within a matter of minutes
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 20:36   Link #28447
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
- no LED included
Every company cut corners with their products especially when they know that the products wont be a sure-sell because Gunpla is still a niche market outside Japan. You’re already complaining that Bandai overpriced their stuff:
Quote:
2. they overpriced their goods
yet you want them to make MG Nu Ka more expensive than it already is by including the LEDs. Your statement there is one proof that price does matter even for the die-hard fans. I’ll tell you this if you don’t know yet, but not everyone who buys MG Nu Ka really want the “light-up” feature. Charging more money for a feature some consumers don’t like will just drive them away, and that will be a bad marketing decision.

Quote:
- no light piping on the back camera
Many modellers don’t give a damn about back-camera.

Quote:
- weak hands that can't hold the rifle up properly (barely...)
You see suiton, many of us, gunpla modellers, are not a “weak” or “lazy” bunch of people. Gundam hands being not the best in holding the gun is not a big deal for many of us as long as it can hold it when you fiddle with it a little. Just like when you keep complaining about the same thing toward MG Wing Ka/EW, Wing Zero, Strike, Freedom etc, they still sell like hotcakes and those who bought them have their creative way to take on the issue (which doesn’t require much effort to begin with. Only fiddling a little. One can’t be too lazy to do that , oh wait). Once again, Gunpla aren't just toys where you can just buy it then sit back and enjoy. We're meant to work on it. Also, do you know how many poses I can make with my MG Aile Strike, Wing Ka, and Wing Zero holding their rifles in various position? From my experience, I can say at least more than 30 different beautiful poses can be made without the need to glue the rifles onto the hands or something like that. I even posted some pics in this thread some time ago. That’s what gunpla is for: nice poses.

Quote:
- fin funnel backpack connection is weak
Blame the original designer, not the toy company who made the gunpla. Nu’s funnels are thin and stick together like a fence (unlike Hi-Nu Gundam’s funnels), so it’s near impossible to ask for cement-like connection. No matter how they design it, Nu’s Funnel connection will always have problems.
Old 2012-12-26, 20:38   Link #28448
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
does it have anything to do with my upcoming HG GN-XIV ? because i really, really feel like i need one. MG form would be fine too
^^^THIS^^^

The GNX-IV was a no brainer in either scale due to similar moldings and recoloring, but no they decided to skip out on a potentially great kit
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 21:53   Link #28449
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Haha don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's wrong to want/desire specific kits from any series regardless of what it was.

More that some series will have it's fans, but that doesn't change that they aren't as popular and sadly end up taking a back seat.

X, Victory, and Turn A all suffer from this, just as AGE will in the future. It's sad I don't really like any of these series but even I would love to see MG's of X, DX, Turn X and V2, but it's gotten old having people completely put their head in the sand and act like it Bandai/Sun Rise are snubbing the series and not on us fans and the fact the series didn't attract a large/dedicated following.

That and SOME of my fellow Wing fans have been getting to me because at this point we have zero reason to complain even if our favorite isn't currently being made after the crazy amount of love/stuff we've gotten in the last few years.
Old 2012-12-27, 05:49   Link #28450
Skye629

Anyone know where I can get a MG G3 Gundam OYW version for a reasonable price ($40-$60)? From what I know its a limited edition kit

If I cant find anywhere I guess I might have to settle for the 2.0 (Dont get me wrong the 2.0 is a great kit from what I have seen, but I prefer the OYW proportions, to each his own)

Also on a side note how good is the MG Delta Plus? I love the looks of the mech and the color unlike the HGUC is anime accurate (which I prefer over the novel colors of the HGUC). And note I wont be transforming it much
Old 2012-12-27, 06:27   Link #28451
bio9205
Reborn

I've seen rrobert use Gundam Real Touch Markers to clean up his nub marks. From what I've read that's not what they're for, but I'm interested in getting a few to clean some of the nub marks on my old kits which have turned yellow. How are these markers, and do they work well for cleaning nub marks? Do regular Gundam markers do the job better?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 06:28   Link #28452
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Most of the problem present in any gunpla kit can be fix, if one give some effort to fix it. Judging from some Youtube review,MG Delta Plus seem to have balance issue,it had some difficulties to make it stand because of it small surface area on it feet.
Old 2012-12-27, 09:03   Link #28453
derrickmc63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I've seen rrobert use Gundam Real Touch Markers to clean up his nub marks. From what I've read that's not what they're for, but I'm interested in getting a few to clean some of the nub marks on my old kits which have turned yellow. How are these markers, and do they work well for cleaning nub marks? Do regular Gundam markers do the job better?
real touch markers are good for panel lining and weathering on a kit. I believe they work well on nub marks. I have the two sets(Earth Federation and Zeon colors) In my opinion the work better on a painted surface because in my experiences, the ink will rub off real easily on bare plastic
derrickmc63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 10:28   Link #28454
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
^^^THIS^^^

The GNX-IV was a no brainer in either scale due to similar moldings and recoloring, but no they decided to skip out on a potentially great kit
It's decisions like that confuses me. I mean we could've gotten the MG Exia R2 since it has "similar molding and recoloring" here and there.
Old 2012-12-27, 11:41   Link #28455
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Like I said, I don't have a degree in business to know much, but sometimes I'm a bit confused as to the choices that Bandai makes on releasing kits.
I do and let me tell you; it's mostly based neoliberal thinking that only looks at objective numbers. In my eyes neoliberalism is bad for humanity as a society but irregardless it's a decent degree.
It might not doesn't jive very well with relatively low demand, high expectations markets like gunpla though; Gunpla is huge in japan, but they also invest a lot of money into it and their profit margins might be smaller then we think.

You can't be sure but for example the focus on SEED might even have to do with getting the SEED generation hooked on gunpla with state of the art kits for the purpose of continuity of your product.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:36   Link #28456
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
It's decisions like that confuses me. I mean we could've gotten the MG Exia R2 since it has "similar molding and recoloring" here and there.
because it wasnt popular enough, same as with the GNX-IV, as people have said close to 1000 times on this forum whenever you post your omgplzbandai begging list.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 13:12   Link #28457
FalsePrime

Quote:
Anyone know where I can get a MG G3 Gundam OYW version for a reasonable price ($40-$60)? From what I know its a limited edition kit

If I cant find anywhere I guess I might have to settle for the 2.0 (Dont get me wrong the 2.0 is a great kit from what I have seen, but I prefer the OYW proportions, to each his own)

Also on a side note how good is the MG Delta Plus? I love the looks of the mech and the color unlike the HGUC is anime accurate (which I prefer over the novel colors of the HGUC). And note I wont be transforming it much
MG Delta feels and looks great. It's build can be tricky if you're not use to the Zeta style chest and transformation but not a bad build by any means.

It does have issues though, the legs are really big and give it a look that just feels powerful, however given the design of the feet it causes it to be unstable because of how flat the feet are. Unlike most Gundam Highheels these are barely elevated and have almost no gap with the front part of the foot so it activily causes issues with being able to grip the ground.

Combine that with that with it being from Unicorn and there for a fairly large suit it the feet just have a very difficult time. Also it does have a wave rider mode and because of that the feet been down easily making them even weaker and more unable to balance the body.

All that said it's still great and I must say the waist section really sticks out as a highlight to me when it comes to design and it's face/helmet might be my favorite in the last ten years and I really think it makes any shelf better.
Old 2012-12-27, 15:38   Link #28458
Skye629

Quote:
MG Delta feels and looks great. It's build can be tricky if you're not use to the Zeta style chest and transformation but not a bad build by any means.

It does have issues though, the legs are really big and give it a look that just feels powerful, however given the design of the feet it causes it to be unstable because of how flat the feet are. Unlike most Gundam Highheels these are barely elevated and have almost no gap with the front part of the foot so it activily causes issues with being able to grip the ground.

Combine that with that with it being from Unicorn and there for a fairly large suit it the feet just have a very difficult time. Also it does have a wave rider mode and because of that the feet been down easily making them even weaker and more unable to balance the body.

All that said it's still great and I must say the waist section really sticks out as a highlight to me when it comes to design and it's face/helmet might be my favorite in the last ten years and I really think it makes any shelf better.
Well then I guess this will be a great potential buy then as if I get it I will definitely have it up on a MG stand
Old 2012-12-27, 17:57   Link #28459
FalsePrime

Quote:
Well then I guess this will be a great potential buy then as if I get it I will definitely have it up on a MG stand
Am action base easily solves all his problems.

Also while this is purely subjective I think Delta Plus has easily the best overall Wave Rider we've seen. It's tight and compact, much more so then Zeta and the color scheme just feels* amazing on the Rider.

He is really amazing, but then I think that nearly every single design from Unicorn is top notch. Still if I had to pick one, Delta Plus is my favorite (though it does switch with Sinanju).
Old 2012-12-28, 05:07   Link #28460
Skye629

Quote:
Am action base easily solves all his problems.

Also while this is purely subjective I think Delta Plus has easily the best overall Wave Rider we've seen. It's tight and compact, much more so then Zeta and the color scheme just feels* amazing on the Rider.

He is really amazing, but then I think that nearly every single design from Unicorn is top notch. Still if I had to pick one, Delta Plus is my favorite (though it does switch with Sinanju).
I agree about the Delta Plus which is why I love it so much, the only thing I sort of preferred was the old novel rifle, rather than the plain ReZEL one

Originally I was considering the Dark Hound, then saw on Hobbywave if I threw in 4 more bucks I could get a Delta Plus

Im probably gonna try to get both though by some point XD

And on an off-topic model note I hope they release more Evangelion kits from the Rebuild series, the new Mk. 9 and 13 from Rebuild 3.0 looks amazing (especially the 13 xD)

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy