AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-07, 14:30   Link #981
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
To izmosmolnar~

Spoiler for Chapter 16+ Spoilers:
Squirrellord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:50   Link #982
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Damn, how impatient I am, I marathoned through so soon. Ah well, sometimes it was just too exciting to read it slowly and savor every lil' bit. It's too bad episode 5 isn't going to happen anytime soon probably (+the translation after that).
Spoiler for spoilers up to the end of episode 4. loooooong post:

@ Squirrellord
Spoiler for ch 16+:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-07 at 15:35. Reason: clarified spoilerinfo
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:05   Link #983
chronotrig

That last one was a typo.
Spoiler for ep4 end:

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-06-07 at 15:16.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:07   Link #984
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for full ep4:

As chrono explained for Virgilia's fun comment, it isn't anything surprising: heck, even Ange and the rest talked about "Episode 1" incident etc. The term "episode" is also used instead of "game", and that happened already in ep3.

Last point: a huge mistake from our part. It is supposed to be "sumadera kasumi" obviously.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:17   Link #985
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for Replies, Major EP 4 spoilers:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:18   Link #986
Squirrellord

Long response for izmosmolnar
Spoiler for Everything:
Old 2009-06-07, 15:19   Link #987
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

At least I was able to find a typo then . I didn't really know how to interpret it.

Well that was the first time I remember seeing it stated that some people are having memories of other Kakeras in Umineko. I'm puzzled why aren't they trying to act anything if those two can remember the events and their own determination going against Beatrice.

So he just borrowed it then... Well I wish he could have tried to state it that witches aren't real and just go home .

edit: Whoa. thanks for so many informative answers.
Old 2009-06-07, 15:24   Link #988
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post

So he just borrowed it then... Well I wish he could have tried to state it that witches aren't real and just go home .
Well, we actually don't know whether he borrowed it only for the time being or not. The game does not explicitly say that he did. But like I said, let's wait for EP5 before being too sure on anything.

hmm..., I doubt he'd be satisfied about proving magic doesn't exist because he 'said something in red letters'... ... ... ...But it'd sure finish Beato off.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:06   Link #989
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

If he was happy with a conclusion like that, he'd just have taken the first opportunity he got in that tea party. Not happening, at this point at least.

My (current) theory on "Battler's sin":

Spoiler:

I'm talking about it fairly definitively, but it's all conjecture. Pretend it's blue if you want.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:30   Link #990
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It seems an alright theory, but I don't seem to realize the connection between Battler abandoning magical tuition to Maria, and the killings now.
According to Beato the murders now supposed to be a direct consequence of whatever action he did 6 years ago, but I don't believe that the whole thing was Maria's way to "revenge".

Another thing: Why is that whoever impersonated Beato in episode 3, made a bankaccount (or whatever it was) and deliberately choose Battler's birthday to start the account number with. Is it just sheer coincidence? Or is there some hidden meaning I don't clearly grasp? It must be like astronomical chances to have the same number on all the 4 (or possibly even more) bankaccount, and Battler's birthday.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-07 at 16:42.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:40   Link #991
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
If he was happy with a conclusion like that, he'd just have taken the first opportunity he got in that tea party. Not happening, at this point at least.

My (current) theory on "Battler's sin":

Spoiler:
Stop right there...

As if a child of 3 years old could remember a promise like that...

Don't forget that it was "officially" (since she can't remember Battler in the past) the first time Battler and Maria had met before at the airport (back in episode 1).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 17:26   Link #992
Rias

While Battler's sin could be the magic thing, I don't see how people are dead becuase of that. Besides, it's strange that Maria doesn't seem to remember Battler too well in the beginning of ep1 if he's the one who made such an impact to her life...
Old 2009-06-07, 17:31   Link #993
Squirrellord

I don't think Battler's sin had anything to do with Maria (which would have indirectly influenced Beato I suppose). My guess is that, because of Battler's sin, the epitaph was written. Maybe Kinzo secretly looked at Battler, saw a bit of himself in the boy (or maybe Battler has six toes ._.), and decided "That is my heir"... then he left and Kinzo was like ";_; f*ck"
Old 2009-06-07, 17:35   Link #994
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellord View Post
I don't think Battler's sin had anything to do with Maria (which would have indirectly influenced Beato I suppose). My guess is that, because of Battler's sin, the epitaph was written. Maybe Kinzo secretly looked at Battler, saw a bit of himself in the boy (or maybe Battler has six toes ._.), and decided "That is my heir"... then he left and Kinzo was like ";_; f*ck"
He didn't exactly act that upset :awesome:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 17:37   Link #995
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
My guess is that, because of Battler's sin, the epitaph was written.
Asides of the OOC Kinzo going ";_;" because of Battler, I think that is quite a good idea...

It's indirect and not related to Beato at all...hmm...
But then again, the epitaph was not made 6 years ago (iirc).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2009-06-07, 17:37   Link #996
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

She might be "unsure", like Beato, but not have outwardly expressed it. I took that into account. If you haven't seen someone for a really long time, even if they're important, and you see someone who might be them, do you run up and greet them in a familiar way? I sure wouldn't.

And I'd say the chances of a 3-year-old remembering something like that aren't too bad, especially if nobody would normally play with her, and to remember it for 6 years, all that had to happen was for her to be massively disappointed each time.

I mean, the details, maybe not, but that a friendly onii-chan told her about something called magic and promised to play with her next time, that's nothing difficult. And that he didn't show up? That's the sort of thing little kids remember the best, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
It seems an alright theory, but I don't seem to realize the connection between Battler abandoning magical tuition to Maria, and the killings now.
According to Beato the murders now supposed to be a direct consequence of whatever action he did 6 years ago, but I don't believe that the whole thing was Maria's way to "revenge".
Spoiler:

I'm not gonna claim I've got the answer right here, but I wanted to bounce my idea off everyone.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:44   Link #997
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I mean, the details, maybe not, but that a friendly onii-chan told her about something called magic and promised to play with her next time, that's nothing difficult. And that he didn't show up? That's the sort of thing little kids remember the best, if you ask me.
Then even if it was Maria's mind being hazy, how would she been able to make a connection that "random onii chan" was Battler...
Still...I could swallow something if Maria was 6 at the time...but 3 is REALLY stretching it for me...colour me surprised if you end up being correct too.

There is still this thing about Beato being completely unimpressed by Battler for not remembering too and I can't say that upsetting Maria could have cause her to call up a bunch of hitman to kill the whole family.

Old 2009-06-07, 17:46   Link #998
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Beato says it, it's a "one in a quadrillion chance" that he's the Battler she's looking for. She didn't assume, but thought there was a possibility.

I think I addressed your other points fine, too (regarding the connection), and hitmen wouldn't fit under the constraints given anyway.
Old 2009-06-07, 18:03   Link #999
Rias

Quote:
That's not impossible

A theory I have read a while ago, which seems probable is related to that:

Spoiler for Battler's Sin?:
Old 2009-06-07, 18:06   Link #1000
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler for Battler's Sin?:
Battler already said that to Beato in the meta world as an option but she didn't respond to it so probably not that easy...

She also refused to state in red that the events that happened on the island was because he returned to the family after 6 years.