AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 00:19   Link #281
Zantetsuken

That's the problem. Kyon is an unreliable narrator. If Koizumi did laugh because of Kyon expression, what do you think it was?

And anyway after rereading the novels, Kyon really does start complementing Haruhi. I guess the ending will be 100% KyonxHaruhi, no quetion about it.
Old 2009-08-09, 00:29   Link #282
TakariCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
I guess the ending will be 100% KyonxHaruhi, no question about it.
Okay, now you're just trying to start a shipping war.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-09, 00:33   Link #283
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Spoiler:
Hey now, she is way out of Kyon's league. The fact that she has any interest in the guy at all is a freaking miracle.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-09, 00:41   Link #284
TakariCritic

Anyways, regarding shipping, I have my own theories on why Kyon refuses to acknowledge Haruhi's feelings: He doesn't want to deal with the romantic affection of a god. Think about it, he's barely able to keep her from destroying the world WITHOUT causing her the romantic frustrations which lead from a relationship. That, and he doesn't want to admit that his choices in romantic pursuit are non-existant because of Haruhi's reaction.

Kyon is a guy who wants to think that he's free to pursue any girl (sorry Koizumi) he chooses, and acknowledging Haruhi's feelings for him would drastically hamper that. However, if Haruhi really IS slowly losing her powers, then eventually it will be safe for him to address her feelings for him, and handle them as any normal guy could.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-09, 00:52   Link #285
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Hey now, she is way out of Kyon's league. The fact that she has any interest in the guy at all is a freaking miracle.
KyonxYuki fans get Yuki for themselves.

KyonxHaruhi fans get the likely canon ending, plus all of Haruhi's deredere moments.

KyonxMikuru fans get Kyon's rants over how cute but useless Mikuru is.

KyonxKoizumi fans get...well, a lot of doujin that I am not going to describe.

KoizumixHaruhi fans get Disappearance. Any other pairings either fit into the "doujin I won't describe" category, or they're just too full of crack to think about, such as ArakawaxKyon or ShamisenxAnything.

My OTP is either HaruhixKyon or ShamisenxKyon's Homework.

Last edited by wittyusername; 2009-11-15 at 12:06.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:00   Link #286
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Hey now... hes the only guy to ever actually do anything for her... library card + post Dec. 18th talk. Those are some definite flag raisers.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:07   Link #287
kniteowl

^What about KyonxTsuruya?

Well I was watching afk Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody again and the book Nagato was reading in that episode was called "Time enough for Love". Maybe Nagato really is Ronery, Maybe she wants some luving too? lol

Spoiler for Time Enough For Love:

and it happens to esculates when she lives through Endless Eight, which may be the cause for disappearance, although I believe the cause was the fact that she had the future knowledge that she would cause the events of disappearance eventually and it probably ate at her inside as her human side slowly corrupted her... well corrupted isn't the right word but I can't think of the correct term tio use :S.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2009-08-09 at 01:20.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:34   Link #288
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
^What about KyonxTsuruya?
Shipping likelihoods at end of series:

KyonxHaruhi: Haruhi ascends to another level of being.

KyonxYuki: Yuki "takes a bullet" for Kyon during the series' final confrontation with [guess who]. Foreshadowed at least twice so far.

KyonxMikuru: Mikuru goes home to later become Mikuru(big), who does get to go back in time and see Kyon from time to time, (ba-dum-bump) but she's restrained by the future's temporal pedophilia laws.

KyonxKoizumi: 1) Koizumi is not gay. 2) Neither is Kyon. 3) Koizumi's allegiances are far too nebulous to seriously ship him with anyone.

KyonxKyon's Sister: Next, please...

KyonxAnyone in the Anti-Dan: All either "dead", never existed, or "out of the picture" by the end of Volume 10; 11 at the latest.

KyonxTsuruya-san: She's rich...

What, logic in a shipping war?
Old 2009-08-09, 01:45   Link #289
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Ironically, the only pairing I'd support outside KyonxHaruhi is KyonxTsuruya. But as I've said at other points in time, any romantic interest between the two is pretty much one-sided.

*e* How do you handle the possible KyonxKimidori or KyonxMori shippers? (Hey, there's gotta be at least one out there )
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-09, 01:55   Link #290
kniteowl

when it comes to romantic relationships, I doubt money matters that much to Kyon, if Mikuru was bankrupt & broke, he'd still go for her lol.

Personally though my favourite haruhi-verse character is Yuki, Tsuruya comes in a a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY close 2nd, Yuki just edges out her marginally, mostly because of character development, that and I consider her a pretty kool character, with Moe Yuki in Yuki-verse from Disappearance being the cherry on top.

And since Yuki is my favourite, what she wants she gets, and if it happens that she wants Kyon then so be it.

As for how a Kyon x Tsuruya relationship would turn out, I remember reading a Doujin of a Kyon on a date with Tsuruya and Tsuruya was so hyper that Kyon had to date 8 Tsuruyas simutaneously because she was moving so fast she had created Kagebushin's (shadow clones) of herself.

Can you imagine Kyon being intimate with 8 Tsuruyas? he'd die of fatigue... although it'd most likely be a happy death lol..

Hm....8 ... it comes up again... curse you E8, will you not stop harassing me!!! :P

As for the Anti-SOS, I wouldn't mind a Kyon x Sasaki pairing... most of the influence is from doujins lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny
KyonxKyon's Sister: Next, please...
For some reason I can hear somebody screaming WINCEST in the background somewhere lol.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:03   Link #291
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Can you imagine Kyon being intimate with 8 Tsuruyas? he'd die of fatigue... although it'd most likely be a happy death lol..

Hm....8 ... it comes up again... curse you E8, will you not stop harassing me!!! :P
This amuses me for reasons I do not understand... I cannot comprehend why that is... and no, it isn't due to your suffering.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:06   Link #292
baltakatei

Quote:
If Kyon were the author, Tanigawa's alter-ego, wouldn't Kyon end up with the girl whose personality most closely resembles Tanigawa's wife? In high school, was she more a Yuki or a Haruhi? Is Tanigawa even married?
Old 2009-08-09, 02:27   Link #293
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltakatei View Post
If Kyon were the author, Tanigawa's alter-ego, wouldn't Kyon end up with the girl whose personality most closely resembles Tanigawa's wife? In high school, was she more a Yuki or a Haruhi? Is Tanigawa even married?
Tanigawa married, if I am not mistake.

Volume4 Author's Notes said Yuki was based in a old friend. The sole member of the Literature Club beides him. He said never spoke to her after school... So, I guess Haruhi is his wife.
Old 2009-08-09, 02:51   Link #294
kniteowl

Quote:
This amuses me for reasons I do not understand... I cannot comprehend why that is... and no, it isn't due to your suffering.
lol if you're interested in the doujin then here's a teaser

Spoiler for Teaser:

http://www.chux-roadhouse.com/chux/h...e_no_Okite.rar
Old 2009-08-09, 02:52   Link #295
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
*e* How do you handle the possible KyonxKimidori or KyonxMori shippers? (Hey, there's gotta be at least one out there )
Like chicken pox. If you don't pick at them, they eventually go away on their own...

Quote:
Can you imagine Kyon being intimate with 8 Tsuruyas?
No, but I'm warming to the idea of myself being intimate with 8 Tsuruya-sans... ^_^ And don't worry about the fatigue. You only die once. Might as well make the most of it...
Old 2009-08-09, 02:54   Link #296
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Tanigawa married, if I am not mistake.

Volume4 Author's Notes said Yuki was based in a old friend. The sole member of the Literature Club beides him. He said never spoke to her after school... So, I guess Haruhi is his wife.
Haruhi is his wife, yeah. He said that he wrote the series based off of the story of how he met his wife in high school; The series would have no story had Kyon not met Haruhi in the first place.

KyonxHaruhi end ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Haruhi ascends to another level of being.
Don't think so. The whole series is about Haruhi growing to accept normality while Kyon grows to accept that yes, crazy things can be fun too. Their personalities grow together to approach this happy medium... she won't ascend, I don't see her keeping her powers at the end anyway.

Either she'll lose them through inactivity or some sort of deus ex, or, since the series loves time loops, she'll give them to her younger self, who of course uses them to remake the world...

Agree with most everything else, though I also doubt Tsuruya will have much of an importance/purpose in the end. The point of her being mysterious is that you don't explain her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Okay, now you're just trying to start a shipping war.

Spoiler:
SHE'S GOING TO DIE.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:16   Link #297
User89254
Disabled By Request

I do make friends with HaruKyon fans but you people are SICK.

Why are you wishing death on Yuki just so she can't get with Kyon? Read the author's notes, Tanigawa-sensei favors Yuki (ahem)

Kyon doesn't seem like the kind of person to be in denial, anyway. And putting Male Lead Char. x Female Lead Char. is too clichéd, and from Tanigawa-sensei's writing style he HATES clichés.

And Kyon said he loved Yuki in Charmed at First Sight LOVER, so I see no reason to refrain.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:27   Link #298
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
I do make friends with HaruKyon fans but you people are SICK.

Why are you wishing death on Yuki just so she can't get with Kyon? Read the author's notes, Tanigawa-sensei favors Yuki (ahem)
Favors Yuki as a character, not as a pairing. She's easy to write for.

And I've seen YukiKyon fans wish much, much worse on Haruhi.

I was half-joking, in any case, and take it as a compliment: Yuki is exactly the sort of character that would perform a noble sacrifice. And you can bet Tanigawa would wring every bit of drama out of her death as he can.

Quote:
Kyon doesn't seem like the kind of person to be in denial, anyway. And putting Male Lead Char. x Female Lead Char. is too clichéd, and from Tanigawa-sensei's writing style he HATES clichés.
PFFFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Haruhi is probably one of the most cliched, stereotypical series ever. Its beauty is in its excellent protagonist, good writing, and most importantly the ways in which it USES its cliches.

And, for that matter, when the male lead chooses anyone else BUT the female lead... it tends to both feel forced and not go over too well. See Ichigo 100% and the Shuffle anime.

Lastly, the Haruhi Suzumiya series. Not Fight On, Nagato-san, but the Haruhi Suzumiya series.

Quote:
And Kyon said he loved Yuki in Charmed at First Sight LOVER, so I see no reason to refrain.
Not in those exact words. He says that he cares about her the most out of any of them, and that's because she's a Mary Sue she probably needs it. It's more a 'moe' thing than a 'love' thing.
Old 2009-08-09, 03:29   Link #299
Nudvik

Dear me. How to I even begin to contribute to this thread... After reading through hundreds of posts I'm quite lost as to where I should direct a response!

I will say this though: I think anyone saying Itsuki has no romantic interest in Kyon is very wrong. There are many numerous indications to the contrary throughout the course of the series. I don't personally think he is homosexual though. I'm more inclined to believe he's bi, mostly from his expressed interest in Haruhi. Which by comparison pails to that shown to Kyon through subtle dialogue or animated moments.

I'd rather not get into detailing the reasons for this conclusion, but I feel it's reasonably hinted at in the novels, and MUCH more so in the anime. This is especially true in Haruhi-chan, which seems to be used frequently as a means of shedding light on some of the more overlooked mysteries in this series. Such as whether or not Tsuruya has esper powers and her level of involvement with the Organisation.

Also, before anyone makes the accusation, I'd like to state that I'm NOT in favour of KyonxItsuki. Or any particular pairing for that matter. I see it as a foregone conclusion that the series will end with Haruhi, and any argument against that is honestly just fan shipping.

I'd like to discuss some more meaningful topics while I'm here, but I think most of them were several pages ago
Old 2009-08-09, 03:30   Link #300
User89254
Disabled By Request

Like so many HaruKyon fans, you're overanalyzing. Haruhi's meant to be literal, not OHGOG LET'S ANALYZE THE HELL OUT OF EVERY CHARACTER AND THE AUTHOR. I made that mistake with other series. You don't want to face the disappointment.
Closed Thread