AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-31, 01:52   Link #1
Bloody

Mikoto is not just a fat cat

talk about Mikoto here (the fat cat ) ^_^
Old 2005-12-31, 01:56   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody
talk about Mikoto here (the fat cat ) ^_^
It's generally considered rude to start threads without offering anything yourself. Can you please offer us some food for thought on Mikoto first? A thread starter has to be responsible for his/her topic, after all.
Old 2005-12-31, 02:09   Link #3
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Righty then.

If you look very carefully at certain scenes in which Mikoto the cat herself is present, but not in the actual shot itself, you will see a shadow vaguely resembling the human mikoto cast on the walls/trees/whatever is nearby.

Though compounding to the mystery of whether the cat is possessed by a human spirit is that the cat and the shadow/supposed spirit are never in the same frame together, opening up the possibility that there just might be a completely human Mikoto sneaking around somewhere out there in the MO world...
Old 2005-12-31, 02:13   Link #4
User33703
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Righty then.

If you look very carefully at certain scenes in which Mikoto the cat herself is present, but not in the actual shot itself, you will see a shadow vaguely resembling the human mikoto cast on the walls/trees/whatever is nearby.

Though compounding to the mystery of whether the cat is possessed by a human spirit is that the cat and the shadow/supposed spirit are never in the same frame together, opening up the possibility that there just might be a completely human Mikoto sneaking around somewhere out there in the MO world...
Woah, what? Do you mean in the shots where Mikoto (as a cat) is not the actual focus of a certain shot but a part of it, her shadow shows a human figure of Mikoto (as a human?) Just trying to make sure because I didn't think I'd miss something as huge as that o_o
Old 2005-12-31, 02:14   Link #5
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

In the background, blended into the shots, not calling attention to itself, so that only those who bother to look out for it will spot it.
Old 2005-12-31, 02:20   Link #6
User33703
Disabled By Request

Wow interesting, thanks for the new info' Ronin Aquila.

I have a feeling though, that Mikoto will play a much larger role as the series rolls along. (Because the incident in episode 7(?) where Mikoto "dissapers" as the Mikoto look-alike speaks to Arika and Mashiro just sorta tipped me off. And besides, wasn't it Mikoto who jumped on to Arika who pushed Masihro down their in the first place? And she lead them to the Harmonium also, no? XD)
Old 2005-12-31, 02:22   Link #7
Bloody

Quote:
Righty then.

you really save my life , thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
It's generally considered rude to start threads without offering anything yourself. Can you please offer us some food for thought on Mikoto first? A thread starter has to be responsible for his/her topic, after all.
Sorry ,.. I just wanted to post this thread so that everybody will remember T_T (Gomen)

Last edited by Bloody; 2005-12-31 at 04:17.
Old 2005-12-31, 02:52   Link #8
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Righty then.

I can't see anything. Can you give an example? The one I checked out was in episode 11 when Mashiro is peering against the door to eavesdrop on Aoi and Sakomizu. And then the shot of Mikoto.
Old 2005-12-31, 03:12   Link #9
Bloody

Quote:
Righty then.

good one ... But I was wonder if why Mikoto didnt show up with Arika and Mashiro?? (I hope moderators know what they doing ) (I mean.. show her face to them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I can't see anything. Can you give an example? The one I checked out was in episode 11 when Mashiro is peering against the door to eavesdrop on Aoi and Sakomizu. And then the shot of Mikoto.
like this??

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2005.../mai-otome-07/

Last edited by Bloody; 2005-12-31 at 03:22.
Old 2005-12-31, 05:00   Link #10
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I Think.
1. He is not his real body, the Fat Cat...
2. She eats a lot, Tokiha soup XD
Old 2005-12-31, 05:01   Link #11
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody

like this??

YupYup. Like that.

Though a more "overt" example as opposed to the usual covert ones.
Old 2005-12-31, 07:02   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Righty then.

whow im going to recheck that
got a screenie?

by hearing all the new info i certainly think there's more to our fatt tabby then meets the eye

maybe she's a guardian of some sort :3 having her body sealed in the harmonium and her spirit in the fatt cat XD
Old 2005-12-31, 14:22   Link #13
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Righty then.

I've looked and I've looked .... and no Mikoto shadow have I found .....

Are thaw playing a practical joke ?
If this Mikoto shadow exists please specify at least one ep or scene or anithing

PS : no harmonium red shadow crap
Old 2006-01-01, 04:33   Link #14
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Err..I think the cat is still gonna stay as a cat...The producer wouldn't make things more complex since we already have tons of unanswered question.

And about the screen shot..the black figure do look like mikoto but still it was projected from the harmonium.
Old 2006-01-01, 23:16   Link #15
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

Send a message via MSN to Naked Fish
Actually babuji, the producers still have over 10 episodes to answer any questions they've raised or just make more. In fact, Mikoto is still an unanswered question herself, as none of us really know what's really going on with her. Don't you think it would be just a little early to start wrapping things up?

And I really don't understand what you are talking about with the screenshot. So because you believe it was projected from the harmonium, that would mean...? That Mikoto will stay as a cat? How did you come to that conclusion? Was there a conclusion in that sentence? It's fairly unclear.

I haven't seen any of those shadows talked about, but unfortunately I don't have the Otome episodes with me right now, so I'll have to wait to check it out. Sounds interesting, though. I think so far though, Sunrise seems to be heavily leaning towards a human Mikoto existing.
Old 2006-01-01, 23:19   Link #16
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Spoiler for MANGA CH. 20:
Old 2006-01-01, 23:31   Link #17
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Fish
Actually babuji, the producers still have over 10 episodes to answer any questions they've raised or just make more. In fact, Mikoto is still an unanswered question herself, as none of us really know what's really going on with her. Don't you think it would be just a little early to start wrapping things up?

And I really don't understand what you are talking about with the screenshot. So because you believe it was projected from the harmonium, that would mean...? That Mikoto will stay as a cat? How did you come to that conclusion? Was there a conclusion in that sentence? It's fairly unclear.

I haven't seen any of those shadows talked about, but unfortunately I don't have the Otome episodes with me right now, so I'll have to wait to check it out. Sounds interesting, though. I think so far though, Sunrise seems to be heavily leaning towards a human Mikoto existing.

To be exact will be 12 episode not counting episode 13 about akane. Not to wrap things up but the harmonium projected the image of mikoto and the cat was a different entity. 2 different individual that can't be 1. I might be wrong too cuz this are all just speculation however about mikoto maybe she will be left out after all not counting Mai might make an appearance later.
Old 2006-01-02, 00:03   Link #18
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

Mikoto the cat and the Harmonium being two seperate individuals is rather questionable. You may want to pay attention in episode 7, where Mikoto the Cat (MTC) pushes Mashiro and Akira through a hidden doorway.

Now why would a normal cat do that? At that particular time? And why does she lead them towards the organ? Not to mention that when Arika starts to ascend the steps MTC 'dissapears', Harmonium appears, and then after the Harmonium basically says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" MTC reappears. Could that not just be a bit of a hint?

I'm sorry but, Mai's 'maybe, maybe not' appearance should not affect Mikoto's appearance. They may be related cases, but one certainly shouldn't rule the other out. As you said, it's all speculation, but it seems MTC being the Harmonium has a lot more standing than not.
Old 2006-01-02, 00:09   Link #19
babuji
Alston De Ventigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Fish
Mikoto the cat and the Harmonium being two seperate individuals is rather questionable. You may want to pay attention in episode 7, where Mikoto the Cat (MTC) pushes Mashiro and Akira through a hidden doorway.

Now why would a normal cat do that? At that particular time? And why does she lead them towards the organ? Not to mention that when Arika starts to ascend the steps MTC 'dissapears', Harmonium appears, and then after the Harmonium basically says "Screw you guys, I'm going home" MTC reappears. Could that not just be a bit of a hint?

I'm sorry but, Mai's 'maybe, maybe not' appearance should not affect Mikoto's appearance. They may be related cases, but one certainly shouldn't rule the other out. As you said, it's all speculation, but it seems MTC being the Harmonium has a lot more standing than not.

If they could bring back mai they will bring back most of the old characters. But at episode 7, are you sure mikoto pushed them in??
Old 2006-01-02, 00:16   Link #20
Naked Fish
Wench, but not incestous

They have brought back most of the old characters! Almost all of Otomes characters made their first appearances in HiME. And Mai and Mikoto are protagonists of HiME, so if they can bring back the fat guy with an afro then they can bring back them too.

And yes, I am sure Mikoto pushed them in. She didn't just come out and tell them to. Have you watched it? Pay particular attention to episode 7. Its fairly clear- Mikoto smashed Arika into Mashiro, which in turn opened the passageway. I don't see any other reason for headbutting somebody full force.
Closed Thread