AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 00:38   Link #41
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
What's this I'm reading at the end of episode 11? The concluding episode will be ... what? Did it just say 2 hours long? Zomg, Fangirl squee. Yeah, it means that subs will be delayed (2 hours instead of the usual 40 minutes means SARS will have their hands full) but it's going to be more than worth the wait.

...Especially since episode 11 was so great. I really liked the numerous Sano+Nakatsu moments, and I admit, the cheerleader scene was fruity but I loved it regardless. XD
Old 2007-09-21, 11:15   Link #42
yupyupyup

This show is a must-see. Having downloaded a couple live-action adaptation from manga that were so cheesy, I was skeptical at first, but the 1st episode really got me sold. I downloaded the scanlation for the manga, but I may start reading it after watching ep 12 (the shoujo tag stills bugs me a bit. I'm a guy after all ). Maki Horikita is really cute. I'm downloading "Nobuta wa Produce" now because I read somewhere that she's in it. For the Taiwanese version, I wouldn't bother check it out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hua_Yang_Shao_Nian_Shao_Nu). Japaneses do the hair-thing a lot better than Taiwanese after all, and Taiwainese televisions tend to exaggeratingly dramatize whatever shows they produce. I remember the old day when my mom and her friends watching Taiwanese dramas with hankerchieves at hands.
Oh, and the OP, ED, and insert song (Boom Boom Boom) really kick ass!

Last edited by yupyupyup; 2007-09-21 at 16:16.
Old 2007-09-24, 21:55   Link #43
yupyupyup

Anyone who was mesmerized by Horikita's charm should check out her old show called Kurosagi. I just downloaded the whole series a couple days ago. A real talented cutie!
Old 2007-09-26, 16:09   Link #44
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by yupyupyup View Post
Taiwainese televisions tend to exaggeratingly dramatize whatever shows they produce.
That's what completely turned me off of it... I didn't even get through one episode! I didn't know it was a Taiwanese thing though.

What bothers me about the manga is the artwork... It's so uber-shoujo in style and I just don't care for it.
Old 2007-09-29, 15:00   Link #45
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

I just watched the last ep. (ep 12). I laughed, I cried, and all the other great emotions. I just love this series.

I've read all the manga because of it.

Now if I can only be a little more patient. I have a feeling there is going to be a special!!!!

Thanks SARS for all your hard work!!!

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Old 2008-02-25, 00:56   Link #46
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Toma's Interview by Maki (GoGoGoTomaki)

Quote:

- greeting by Maki..^^
- she says she is nervous becoz there will be a guest..
- Ikuta toma greeting!XD
- Maki laughs..Toma asks why..then she replied: "well you know..the people who are listening right now may ask "why isn't Shun there?why Toma?"..they are confused u know?" *laugh by Toma*!XD
- Toma: ye what a pity ne... *ironic*
- Maki: well..I'm sorry about that minna..but today we will go with Toma..
- TOma: What do you mean my "I'm sorry"huh? XD
*laughs*
- talking about the drama...yesterday episode 3 aired..
- about the relationship of Nakatsu and Mizuki
- Maki asks: what do you think of my acting as a boy..the boyish me?
- Toma: Makichan..(kyaa)..I dunno if you've done this before/ if it's a habit..but I often see you sitting like a boy (how do u say that? open legs? no not open..spread..dunno...XD)
- Maki: Am I not allowed to?
- Toma: nono..it's not that it's forbidden..have u always done that?
- Maki: mhh..yes, actually I'm sitting like that since my childhood.. they often told me to sit like a girl...
- Toma: ye when you are wearing the school uniform and walking like a boy..I'm already used to it..and in the morning when you pass by..sometimes I didn't recognize you!
Maki: ye! last time you didn't recognize me!
Toma: ye..it happens..but you know what I think? I really think that the short hair fits you!
Maki: really?
Toma: yes! I wouldn't mind if you have this hairstyle in private [not only for the drama]..
*laughs*
Maki reads a question from a Boy from Hyogoken..16 years old boy!
question: hello! I attend a all-boys-school! but it's not full of ikemen of course..like in the drama..so..my question to Ikuta Toma : " sometimes..do you feel a bit uncomfortable/did you have problems surrounded by so many Ikemen?
Toma: problems?hmm..they all do have a pretty face..there are times when I think "ohoh.."..(Jaba..something like oops..XD)(then he says something..I don't get that!XD)
Maki: (she neither..) what do you mean? explain it so I can understand it!^^
Toma: so you can understand it? hmm..I mean..there are times when I get embarrassed you know...
Maki: ehhh...~
next question from Masakto, 18 years old from Hiroshima: " I'm watching hana kimi every week..in the drama you are in love with a boy who pretends to be a girl...can you tell me what type of girls to you like? and...I don't mind if it's a boy or a girl! (XDDDD..nice one!^^)
Toma: hahaha...I like girls of course! nice girls..kindhearted..someone who can say thank you and sorry...it makes me feel a bit doki you know?
Maki: ahh..do you mean a girl who isn't too shy to say thank you etcetc..
Toma: yes exactly!..~
Maki: so if you have a girl you like..do YOU confess to her?
Toma: hmm..ye I think that boys should confess to girls [agree!XD]
Maki: then say it!
toma: what?
maki: the confession!
toma: aww..you really give me a hard time you know?
maki: why? everyone wants to hear it now! how would tomakun confess etc..!
toma: oh...okey! " I want to become your diaphragm" [I stole this from nomanymore's blog..no idea what this is...but Shun said the same thing in a interview!XD]
maki: hahahaha..it's the phrase that Shunkun said right?
toma: yes!hahaha..
maki: you said it...be serious! this was shunkun's phrase!
toma: yee..but I would say it straight: I love you!
maki: uuuhh..~ [cuuuute] you said it!

ikenai taiyou...

maki: this was the opening song of Hana kimi ikenai taiyou by orange range.
this is really a summer feeling song! it's perfect ne?
toma: agree! i really like this song!
maki: it's kakkoi or not?
toma: yes..ikenai taiyou nyan nyan nyan~ XD
maki: oke..i think this was a bit a "imagedown" for the song...
*laughs*
okey...today's guest was Ikuta toma as Nakatsu in Hana Kimi..!
what's your impression?
toma: it was really fun! *laughs* well.. I [!] had fun!
maki: ey, I had fun too!!^^
toma: is that so? ohh..then I'm glad...
maki: i wonder if everyone had fun too..~
we still have a lot to talk about..that's why I want Tomakun to come tomorrow again? will you come?
toma: Can I really come?
maki: ye sure!
toma: oke..if it's so..then I will come tomorrow!
*laughs*

credits: calpis37.livejournal.com
Here is a great Hana Kimi Fansite : http://community.livejournal.com/ikemen_paradise/
Old 2008-02-25, 01:39   Link #47
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy-sama View Post
I just watched the last ep. (ep 12). I laughed, I cried, and all the other great emotions. I just love this series.

Now if I can only be a little more patient. I have a feeling there is going to be a special!!!!

Do you think there will be a special, or maybe a second season?
I've never read the manga, but I was hoping for one of the above since
Spoiler for Last episode:

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2008-10-25, 21:56   Link #48
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy-sama View Post

Although my patience was almost out.... I do so love being right!

I'm DLing atm... can't wait...

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Old 2009-11-23, 13:01   Link #49
Falkor

I think I've become a fan of Horikita Maki. her short hair makes her look soooooo cute in this show. :P

Japan loves crossdressing!
Closed Thread