AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-30, 12:17   Link #101
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
lol about the mainland part but no the destroyer has a base kinda like Riful rather than actual legs (perhaps slap her to the mainland)
Slap also would work
Hack, it might be even better than kick if she will make Priscila flying in the air
Old 2010-04-30, 12:17   Link #102
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
What do u mean,"more of a broken character". by the fact that she is dead?
Think he meant she was too over powered for a protagonist. I tend to agree with that. I love her but she was too strong for her own good, plot wise she had to go and things had to radically get worse.

Both happened, ABs became known to the readers and Teresa died. So the long term plot was saved at the expense of Teresa's life.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:21   Link #103
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Yea I agree that taking pot shots during the fight with Raciela seems like a good idea. Its to soon for Raki/anything to be made from Raki to be sent out (due to Dae needing to use a walking cane to travel and it will take awhile for dae to do anything anyway) so that options is out for now (might happen later on but after the Raciela's death). I personally don't think Teresa will come back and I'm one of the few who don't really have her on my favourite characters list (I don't hate her but don't particularly favour her either) so while there's a slim chance I personally am against it (she's even more of a broken character than Priscilla )
Tend to agree with your logic of how 104+ will play out... I also think Teresa coming back would cheapen death in the manga. Time will tell... lets hope for a great story.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:27   Link #104
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Think he meant she was too over powered for a protagonist. I tend to agree with that. I love her but she was too strong for her own good, plot wise she had to go and things had to radically get worse.

Both happened, ABs became known to the readers and Teresa died. So the long term plot was saved at the expense of Teresa's life.
Yea... your right I just dont like the way she died, I would rather have her be killed in a close fight. U know both Teresa and Priscilla just tearing each other apart and Priscilla getting in that desicive final blow. NOT FIGHTING DIRTY!!!
Old 2010-04-30, 12:34   Link #105
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Tend to agree with your logic of how 104+ will play out... I also think Teresa coming back would cheapen death in the manga. Time will tell... lets hope for a great story.
your correct in what i meant about Teresa

104+ will be interesting, though for now I think we will just be focusing on the Priscilla vs Raciela confrontation (this should go on for another 2 chapters atleast).

While I can't see Priscilla actually dying here there will be a major plot revelation somewhere about chapter 108-109 (what that is i'm not really sure though I have a few guesses atleast) that will cause Priscilla to stop chasing after Clare or cause both groups to get separated in the confusion.

Even if all that happens is Raciela dies and Priscilla is to weakened to continue attacking some major force will need to delay Priscilla for awhile while other plots are started/finished/developed.

The other side of the problem is Priscilla's hunger. Interestingly she has not eaten any normal humans (she only ate infected ones judging by her comment) yet could she permanently have gone off humans and developed a hunger for yoki based creatures instead?

Would be an interesting way of both elimination yoma (who are useless even to human Raki) and setting up a plot where Priscilla travels to the org hq (in hunger of more yoma) and ends up confronting (and the re-introduction) Raki.

If this isn't the case then the west faces the very real possibility of being as barren as the north if Priscilla has her way (she ate 3 towns full of people in a couple of days in the north but like anyone who stops eating for a few days when they first start to eat again they have a ravenous hunger that makes them want to pig out so could be the case that Priscilla will eat all the humans in the west)

anyway I can't wait to see how this story progress's.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:37   Link #106
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I don't think you have to worry about Priscilla becoming a stereotypical villain Ryus; I don't think he went into all the internal conflict she already has gone through just to make her into something simple and stupid like that.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, but Yagi doesn't waste our time. What's the point in making her into a sympathetic conflicted character if she was just gonna end up something stereotypical?

It's the same with Clarice and Miata - they have had tons of screentime; do I thus expect their to be some sort of future for them? Yes, I do. I don't expect all the time we've seen them to end up being nothing but just for kicks until the Ghosts were re-introduced.

Other authors may waste time with one-shot characters and excessive fillers and time-wasting, but here, at least we know everything has some sort of purpose - even if the last few chapters have shown us otherwise(Alicia, Beth and Dauf namely).

As for Priscilla herself, I can't see her dying. Part of that is just my appeal, because I don't want her too, but really - even though we don't know Raciella's full potential, we know Priscilla's strength is somewhere in the regions of 3-4x AO and Raciella, by our knowledge, is 2xAO. Riful's words of her getting "stronger and stronger" come up, but for all intents and purposes, Priscilla still remains the ultimate force on the isle.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:40   Link #107
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Yeah I noticed when Priscilla feeds, she tends 2 be very gluttenous. why is that? I mean look at Isley he had a ton of yoki as well but he didnt eat like Priscilla does.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:44   Link #108
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Yeah I noticed when Priscilla feeds, she tends 2 be very gluttenous. why is that? I mean look at Isley he had a ton of yoki as well but he didnt eat like Priscilla does.
Priscilla was like that because of mental instability (almost a childlike way of thinking "i like it so I will have it").
Old 2010-04-30, 12:44   Link #109
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
your correct in what i meant about Teresa

104+ will be interesting, though for now I think we will just be focusing on the Priscilla vs Raciela confrontation (this should go on for another 2 chapters atleast).

While I can't see Priscilla actually dying here there will be a major plot revelation somewhere about chapter 108-109 (what that is i'm not really sure though I have a few guesses atleast) that will cause Priscilla to stop chasing after Clare or cause both groups to get separated in the confusion.

Even if all that happens is Raciela dies and Priscilla is to weakened to continue attacking some major force will need to delay Priscilla for awhile while other plots are started/finished/developed.

The other side of the problem is Priscilla's hunger. Interestingly she has not eaten any normal humans (she only ate infected ones judging by her comment) yet could she permanently have gone off humans and developed a hunger for yoki based creatures instead?

Would be an interesting way of both elimination yoma (who are useless even to human Raki) and setting up a plot where Priscilla travels to the org hq (in hunger of more yoma) and ends up confronting (and the re-introduction) Raki.

If this isn't the case then the west faces the very real possibility of being as barren as the north if Priscilla has her way (she ate 3 towns full of people in a couple of days in the north but like anyone who stops eating for a few days when they first start to eat again they have a ravenous hunger that makes them want to pig out so could be the case that Priscilla will eat all the humans in the west)

anyway I can't wait to see how this story progress's.
Are you saying she'll evolve to like eating Yoma... sounds a bit easy. For killing them all off I mean. I definitely see her eating anything when she gets hungry though. Hell she ate a whole town, Beth and Riful just a bit ago.

Not sure I like the whole predator who feeds on yoma idea... sounds too much like blade (or trinity blood) with vampires who can only feed off other vampires. Maybe Yagi could do it better though.

I see the plot moving to the mainland eventually but in the mean time much of the island's population flocking to the holy city and the central lands... thus uniting everyone and making them easier to defend. Also if any mainland forces arrive they couldn't attack Rabona from the sea, so they'd have to drop off land forces and have them march on the city. Thus allowing the ghosts to mount a defense and intercept them before reaching the city.

Though I think we both agree many town will be whipped off the map before the plot gets that far.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:54   Link #110
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

If anyone is going 2 kill Raciela, they better do it soon. When she first awakend she was about as strong as 2AOs, if she keeps getting stronger, she'll even more powerful than Priscilla. If that is even possible.

Last edited by FormerAbyssalone; 2010-04-30 at 16:02.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:55   Link #111
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
She has too - they eat roughly as much as they can take, namely, their power.

In laymans terms, the more energy you put out, the more you need to get back. Considering how much power she generates, she can take entire villages and still feel hungry.

Their could also be other reasons though, like psychology - since her transformation was very incomplete in certain aspects, her Awakened persona can simply be ravenous and eat for pleasure instead of just a need.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:56   Link #112
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I don't think you have to worry about Priscilla becoming a stereotypical villain Ryus; I don't think he went into all the internal conflict she already has gone through just to make her into something simple and stupid like that.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, but Yagi doesn't waste our time. What's the point in making her into a sympathetic conflicted character if she was just gonna end up something stereotypical?

It's the same with Clarice and Miata - they have had tons of screentime; do I thus expect their to be some sort of future for them? Yes, I do. I don't expect all the time we've seen them to end up being nothing but just for kicks until the Ghosts were re-introduced.

Other authors may waste time with one-shot characters and excessive fillers and time-wasting, but here, at least we know everything has some sort of purpose - even if the last few chapters have shown us otherwise(Alicia, Beth and Dauf namely).

As for Priscilla herself, I can't see her dying. Part of that is just my appeal, because I don't want her too, but really - even though we don't know Raciella's full potential, we know Priscilla's strength is somewhere in the regions of 3-4x AO and Raciella, by our knowledge, is 2xAO. Riful's words of her getting "stronger and stronger" come up, but for all intents and purposes, Priscilla still remains the ultimate force on the isle.
Your likely right about Priscilla becoming more interesting... I think all the people whining about Priscilla have just put me on edge about Priscilla's current direction and attitude.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:57   Link #113
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Are you saying she evolve to like eating Yoma... sounds a bit easy. For killing them all off I mean. I definitely see her eating anything when she gets hungry though. Hell she ate a whole town, Beth and Riful just a bit ago.

Not sure I like the whole predator who feeds on yoma idea... sounds too much like blade (or trinity blood) with vampires who can only feed off other vampires. Maybe Yagi could do it better though.
Well so far she has only eaten things with yoki (infected humans, Beth, Riful) ignoring the infected humans part eating Beth and Riful is a bit odd even for an AB (lucelia seemed to be sure she was an exception to eating awakened creatures).

I know it is a bit similar to blade but don't forget claymore has always been based on the polish series "The witcher" (copied quiet a bit at the start) so its not to far fetched for yagi to copy something else to.

Priscilla hadn't eaten in 7 years so its not that surprising her food source has changed (she was essentially feeding on her own yoki for those 7 years which is why she shrunk over time) so maybe like an addiction she desires yoki now.

Quote:
I see the plot moving to the mainland eventually but in the mean time much of the island's population flocking to the holy city and the central lands... thus uniting everyone and making them easier to defend. Also if any mainland forces arrive they couldn't attack Rabona from the sea, so they'd have to drop off land forces and have them march on the city. Thus allowing the ghosts to mount a defense and intercept them before reaching the city.

Though I think we both agree many town will be whipped off the map before the plot gets that far.
While i will agree that Rabona will be a central force and a key point in the orgs defeat i'm not sure all humans will flock to it at the same time. Unlike our world things like trade routes can't be to common in the claymore verse(e.g. that town Miria found that had no idea about yoma and freaked when they saw Miria) and news wouldn't travel fast especially for the further out villages.

Short of another timeskip (which isn't exactly ruled out) it will be a bit to far fetched for a majority of the island to flock to Rabona. The other side of the problem is the org will actually rule it as a threat and have no reason to not destroy it if the island is aware of the orgs darkerside.

But yea many villages will be destroyed Raciela would of wrecked quiet a number in each barrage so more will be gone before end of manga too.
Old 2010-04-30, 13:08   Link #114
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
Well so far she has only eaten things with yoki (infected humans, Beth, Riful) ignoring the infected humans part eating Beth and Riful is a bit odd even for an AB (lucelia seemed to be sure she was an exception to eating awakened creatures).

I know it is a bit similar to blade but don't forget claymore has always been based on the polish series "The witcher" (copied quiet a bit at the start) so its not to far fetched for yagi to copy something else to.

Priscilla hadn't eaten in 7 years so its not that surprising her food source has changed (she was essentially feeding on her own yoki for those 7 years which is why she shrunk over time) so maybe like an addiction she desires yoki now.

While i will agree that Rabona will be a central force and a key point in the orgs defeat i'm not sure all humans will flock to it at the same time. Unlike our world things like trade routes can't be to common in the claymore verse(e.g. that town Miria found that had no idea about yoma and freaked when they saw Miria) and news wouldn't travel fast especially for the further out villages.

Short of another timeskip (which isn't exactly ruled out) it will be a bit to far fetched for a majority of the island to flock to Rabona. The other side of the problem is the org will actually rule it as a threat and have no reason to not destroy it if the island is aware of the orgs darkerside.

But yea many villages will be destroyed Raciela would of wrecked quiet a number in each barrage so more will be gone before end of manga too.

If there is another time-skip how long would that one be. The most logical thing 2 me is that The battle with Priscilla will spill over onto the mainland( which is were Raki will soon be)
Old 2010-04-30, 13:09   Link #115
kitten320

A time skip at this point would ruin the story... I mean nothing had really happened yet. Everything just started.
Old 2010-04-30, 13:18   Link #116
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Um... not familiar with the polish series "The witcher". Link please. You got me interested.

Where all the villagers she ate infected? Thought the details of that where unclear. We know she ate them but not if they where infected before or after she started to feed. For all we know she ate there corpses after the Hellcats killed them or maybe she went crazy the moment she released some yoki and ate them before the Hellcats could kill/infect anyone. We just don't know.

Quote:

I considered mentioning the stragglers and the hidden villages but choose not to since they where mostly irrelevant to the plot. Though your right the org likely would consider them a direct threat.

Hmm... likely infected AEs, infected yoma, infected ABs, and infected humans will start to wonder the lands just killing everything in site. So normal people looking for a safe haven isn't that far off, hidden villages will likely stay safe (except from flying yoma and a hellcat barrage).

The North is gone, the South is on its way, the West is having hell pour fourth onto there lands... leaving only the East and central lands vastly untouched. Now if memory serves much of the East near the org is gone but there are some villages due likely there due to the "field trips" young Teresa took.

Time skip would be only a few months at best... if it occurs. Too much going on in the story right now for a huge time jump.
Old 2010-04-30, 14:44   Link #117
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

The last thing we need is infected yomas or should I say destroyer yomas. I wonder what Miria reaction 2 all the insane yoki levels out west? She has 2 be on her way now.

Spoiler for A what if theory:):
Old 2010-04-30, 15:41   Link #118
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
The last thing we need is infected yomas or should I say destroyer yomas. I wonder what Miria reaction 2 all the insane yoki levels out west? She has 2 be on her way now.

Spoiler for A what if theory:):
hard to say actually....Beth should have the same potential as Alicia, more so then Luciella and Rafaela who were just ordinary sisters and not twins....Alicia was superior to Riful...Beth got infected.....and she died pretty quick.

Hard to say, but if a superior opponent got infected and died pretty quick, I doubt Riful would have done better. Who knows though
Old 2010-04-30, 15:53   Link #119
kitten320

I still can't believe thatRiful died... I mean her body was always seperating, how could she die?
Old 2010-04-30, 15:53   Link #120
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
hard to say actually....Beth should have the same potential as Alicia, more so then Luciella and Rafaela who were just ordinary sisters and not twins....Alicia was superior to Riful...Beth got infected.....and she died pretty quick.

Hard to say, but if a superior opponent got infected and died pretty quick, I doubt Riful would have done better. Who knows though
Beth was only infected with one big rod Dauf was infected with 3 so it gave him a huge power boost. I should have been more clear with this. If 3 rods gives Dauf the strength of an abyssal, then 3 big rods infecting Riful should give more than enough power 2 kill Priscilla.
Closed Thread